Sephiroth (FF7/Advent Children) vs Prince Cort (Legend of Legaia)

CortSether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By CortSether

A fight between the main baddie from Final Fantasy 7 and the main baddie from Legend of Legaia. I will give info about both since FF7 was a long while ago and Legend of Legaia was an RPG that went under the radar.  

P.S. Please comment, I worked hard on this (^_^)

Sephiroth

No Caption Provided

Origin
Sephiroth is the famous former member of Shinra's elite warriors who is believed to have died five years ago. Sephiroth was part of Shinra's army until he went crazy after finding out he was a science experiment at a materia reactor that was malfunctioning. Sephiroth went rogue, burned down Nibelheim and killed many. He disappeared under mysterious circumstances and was presumed dead.

Why he is considered evil
- Stabbed Aeris through the chest and killed her
- Burned down Nibelheim and killed the people in the village along with it
 -Sephiroth plans to summon Meteor, a cataclysmic meteor-like entity, to hit the planet and inflict incalculable damage. Doing so would allegedly cause the Lifestream, the planet's life force that gives birth to all living things, to gather up and try to heal the damage. Sephiroth is planning to merge with the Lifestream, thus taking it over and imposing his will upon (mind-controlling) every living thing.

Powers:
 Sephiroth is a master swordsman and is very strong and agile. In Crisis Core, he can unleash bursts of energy from his sword and can teleport. As he has taken over Jenova, he is able to shapeshift her body parts into his visage and other forms. He can fly/levitate as well. After absorbing the knowledge of the Lifestream while regenerating his body Sephiroth gains the ability to use magic without requiring the use of Materia. Sephiroth also has a measure of psychic abilities, able to read minds, project illusions, and levitate objects and people using his will alone. In Advent Children, Sephiroth retains his great strength and agility and controls the Lifestream that has been corrupted by those who died of Geostigma. 

Transformation:
Safer Sephiroth

No Caption Provided

Sephiroth has taken on the form of an angel with seven wings and a humanoid torso, presumably his preparation to ascension as a god. Despite Sephiroth being found in the bowels of the Planet, the battle takes place in a kaleidoscopic swirl of clouds circling Sephiroth, giving the sense that the battle is taking place in another, heavenly plane of existence. Here, Sephiroth demonstrates his incredible power with magical attacks including Heartless Angel, Shadow Flare, Deen, Pale Horse, and his signature attack, Supernova, in which he summons a meteor to destroy the Solar System and cause the sun to explode.  

Why he's weird: 

- Has an Oedipus complex because he's obsessed with being with his mother. 
- Wants to merge with the lifestream of the earth. I think that would be very uncomfortable.

Theme Music:  

Prince Cort:
No Caption Provided

Origin   
Prince Cort found his way to evil after trying to end a 10 year war between the royal city of Conkram and the technologically advanced tower city Sol. He was contacted by the evil Ra-Seru Rogue (Legaia's equivalent to Satan) and told how to create a Mist Generator, a machine that would enhance Conkram's Seru and ensure victory against Sol. Cort listened believing this would save the city from defeat. However, Rogue tricked Cort and the Mist Generator caused the Seru to go berserk and attack and kill all most of the humans in Conkram. Three heroes wearing Ra-Seru, a special Seru impervious to the mist (these Ra-Seru were sent from the Seru-Kai, Legaia's equivalent to Heaven), destroyed the mist generator by defeating Rogue in Rogue's Tower, thus saving the town. However, Prince Cort equipped himself with a Ra-Seru that came out of Rogue's Tower, and thereonafter he was a deranged maniac convinced that the Mist was salvation. 

Why he is considered evil
-  After giving his followers Sim-Seru of their own (Seru artificially created by humans)  he secretly worked with them to build a gigantic Mist Generator in the Absolute Fortress, spewing the mist into the rest of Karisto Kingdom. He henceforth along with his cohorts built Mist Generators on every corner of Legaia that spewed the deadly mist over the entire world. This caused all of the Seru to go crazy and start killing humans until the human population was almost completely annihilated or turned into crazed Seru monsters. 

- Caused the entire world to descend into chaos and ruled unopposed for 10 years. 
- Because of the thick mist coming from the Absolute Fortress, a Sim-Seru in Conkram that resembled a clam enveloped the entire city, fusing the humans that survived with the innards of the Sim-Seru - this included Prince Cort's parents.  (Just imagine your body and organs fusing with a gigantic monster, becoming blind, and constantly in terrible pain yet at the same time you have eternal life and are stuck in place for eternity.)  He caused people all over the world to turn into Seru monsters (instead of killing you sometimes the Seru would attach to you and turn you into a mindless beast in mist infected aresas).

- Tormented his little sister endlessly by invading her dreams from whole continents away

Why he's weird:
- Believes that people being turned into seru monsters or getting fused with a creatures innards is salvation because they will live eternally.
- Didn't care that he did that to the King and Queen, his mother and father. 
- Wanted to kill his 12 year old sister along with her best friends who were also kids. 

Powers:  
In his normal state with his Ra-Sim-Seru equipped he has access to dark magic known as "Evil Seru Magic" gained from the evil Ra-Seru Rogue. This Evil Seru Magic enables him to shoot powerful red energy blasts in many ways, ex) summoning energy shaped like a cross to fall from the sky and stab/explode on the target, cause the floor within the vicinity to burst in a huge explosion from underneath. 

- He can summon his invincible Sim-Seru Juggernaut to attack his opponent. Juggernaut can summon powerful energy blasts, teleport, fuse with other objects/beings, summon other seru to attack, has immeasurable strength, etc. It was created by being fed the life force of unmarried virgin women. Juggernaut carries with it a mist elixer that is inside its body, as such it can exist outside of mist infected areas whereas other Seru cannot. Juggernaut is bigger than some of the largest mountains. 

No Caption Provided
- Prince Cort can summon a Mystic Shield blocking physical attacks and reducing magic attack damage. It is able to be broken after continuous assaults from the Ra-Seru's special attacks in the game.            
- Prince Cort has shown the ability to levitate at will. he can also assault the mind of his oponent with telepathy even from incredible distances. 
- He has demonstated dimensional travel and teleportation.

Transformation:  Prince Cort fuses with the Sim-Seru Juggernaut. 
After being defeated by the Ra-Seru heroes he falls into the lake of mist where Juggernaut was resting. Cort merges with the monster and appears again at the very end of the game as the final boss ( His human state is the 3rd to last boss). 
 Abilities (fused with Juggernaut): Can summon large amounts of energy to attack his enemies, Can maneuver large planets to collide with each other creating a focused blast of energy to target his opponents, Great physical strength. The only downfall to this form if any is that Cort loses his sanity.

Theme Music

Ncm2700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Ncm2700

ff7 all the way!

SilverSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By SilverSentry

all those views and just 3 posts ?
OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By OmegaDynasty
@SilverSentry said:
"all those views and just 3 posts ? "

It happens had two post and over a thousand views once.
PrinceCort

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PrinceCort

I vote for Prince Cort. Wanna guess why?

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By termiteone4ever

I remember these games well :) 
WEll this is a rough one Sep  can call forth that Pandora box large comet .. I still cant choose :)

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ssejllenrad
@termiteone4ever said:
" I remember these games well :)  WEll this is a rough one Sep  can call forth that Pandora box large comet .. I still cant choose :) "
Pandora box is aesthetically overrated at best and non-canon at worst. I mean it hit all the planets and the friggin sun and the earth still survived? Whatever. The sun's still there in Advent Children and Dirge of Cerberus.

Sephiroth still wins I think.
Avatar image for cypher_s_gambit
Cypher's Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Cypher's Gambit

It's been a long time since I've played Lagia Series. What was it? 1998? I'm sure it came out a little before Final Fantasy 8. Sephiroth after his rise on Northern Crater was like Onslaught. But he wasn't the most powerful character of the game, it was actually the sleeping Celestial-Type "WEAPONS" -Ruby and Emerald.

Cypher's Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Cypher's Gambit
@Prince CortSether said:

" @Cypher's Gambit said:

" It's been a long time since I've played Lagia Series. What was it? 1998? I'm sure it came out a little before Final Fantasy 8. Sephiroth after his rise on Northern Crater was like Onslaught. But he wasn't the most powerful character of the game, it was actually the sleeping Celestial-Type "WEAPONS" -Ruby and Emerald. "

Legend of Legaia came out just before Final Fantasy 8 which is why the game flew under the gaming radar, since after FF7s big success the hype for its sequel was massive. Also, back when PS games were $50 a piece most people were saving for FF8. It's a shame because I've played FF8 and LoL and I felt LoL was much better. 

And Legaia has a hidden boss that is more powerful than the final boss stat wise called Lapis.  There was a great trick to beating him though :D

"
I really enjoyed the battle engine of LoL. There hasn't been any other battle engine since then, well unless you count Zell's Limit break from FF8.
Avatar image for prince_cortsether
Prince CortSether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Cypher's Gambit: Legaia had a sequel which mostly had the same battle system save for some changes here and there...huge disappointment overall though.

But yea, I love the martial arts feel and 3D graphics. Makes me feel like I'm playing Tekken in an RPG.
PrinceCort

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PrinceCort

Lapis is a beast alright. First turn, you're 100% of the time ambushed and he drains your MP down to 0 out of 0. then he does like 10 hits per turn, almost always killing his target. But the secret is if you enter the battlefeild with 0MP anyway, he wont drain it (leaving you with 0/999. instead of 0/0, which is irreversible.) And I agree, Lapis is tougher than Cort's second form. 

The walkthrough suggests not fighting Cort until lvl 45. (which is low for a final boss.) I attacked him without armor at lvl 45, just to see what would happen. I still killed him in a few turns. Cort 1, in my opinion, is stronger than Cort 2.  
PrinceCort

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By PrinceCort
@CortSether: BTW: Yes Cort reigned unchallenged for 10 years. But you forgot about Noa's Dream at Uru Mais. The dream shows that her parents had just named her when the mist arrived. Making Noa 10 during the game, not 12. If you had a kid, would you wait 2 full years to name it?
Cypher's Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Cypher's Gambit
@CortSether: 
@Prince CortSether: 
@PrinceCort: 

I may agree with you all.
Avatar image for prince_cortsether
Prince CortSether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@PrinceCort said:
" @CortSether: BTW: Yes Cort reigned unchallenged for 10 years. But you forgot about Noa's Dream at Ura Mais. The dream shows that her parents had just named her when the mist arrived. Making Noa 10 during the game, not 12. If you had a kid, would you wait 2 full years to name it? "
According to the Japanese guidebook Noa is 12, Vahn is 14 (shown in the Sol Warehouse) and Gala is 18. 

Queen Minea was expecting during the Mist outbreak in Conkram meaning Noa was going to be born soon. Cort and Jette needed time to build a Mist Generator within the Absolute Fortress in order to spread the Mist throughout Conkram. So Noa aging 2 years before the Mist takes over Conkram again fits with Noa's official age. Besides, in the dream at Uru Mais it doesn't show that the Mist appeared immediately after Jette summoned Nebular, there was a screen transition to Minea talking with the Soren later.