Immortal-Thing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@mee09 said:

@professorrespect: You are wrong

Wow I was going to say Thing wins but this convinced me, Sentry owns!!!

Mee09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By Mee09

@immortal-thing: The only people that think The Thing wins this are on Comic Vine or are his biggest fans. If you asked a question like this at Comic Con to an actual writer. Then responded with "no way The Thing would win!" they and everyone there would laugh in your face. We are all Comic Book fans right? Please go and ask so you can end up on a YouTube clip. There are way too many fake Comic Book fans on this website.

We literally got to see how far apart Thing and Sentry were when they fought against the same opponent in the World War Hulk series.

Mee09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: Sure buddy you can think you are right. I'm glad I'm not the guy who thinks The Sentry is losing to The Thing in a fight that is not riddled with PIS.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

@mee09 said:

@professorrespect: Sure buddy you can think you are right. I'm glad I'm not the guy who thinks The Sentry is losing to The Thing in a fight that is not riddled with PIS.

He already got winded by him in the 70's, so why not? Maybe check out his feat history of battling with guys way beyond his power level (Hulk, The Champion, Destroyer, Ego, Molecule Man, Graviton, Impossible Man etc) due to willpower and durability. He's pretty consistent on that end.

Btw, using WWH of all stories is VERY weak as a argument, lol. Hulk was doing stuff like stopping Juggernaut (physically impossible, not even Hell Lords have done so) resisted Darwin (who has adapted and successfully drained Skyfather tier foes with ease, as well as successfully countering multiversal devices) and was trashing Strange in the astral dimension for no reason. Might be a bit inaccurate.

Mee09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: Yeah I'm not going to waste my time arguing with a guy that thinks The Thing is beating Sentry at his best.

You can just continue to ignore existing feats and or mold them into whatever fits the argument you are trying to make like you seem do in like 80% of your posts.

Immortal-Thing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mee09: And there are writers who will say Odin is planetary, who gives a shit? Writers aren't a hivemind, nor does what they say matter in the end. Look at actual feats, compare them, and construct an argument for who would win.

We literally got to see how far apart Thing and Sentry were when they fought against the same opponent in the World War Hulk series.

Sentry was performing massively above his normal levels in WWH, and he has an aura which reduces Hulk's anger. Dumb argument.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mee09 said:

@professorrespect: Yeah I'm not going to waste my time arguing with a guy that thinks The Thing is beating Sentry at his best

>Sentry at his best

>Stable with loose morals

Yikes! That's a pretty big mistake to make when discussing Sentry, who kinda relies on a stable mind to work his powers properly. That's his whole gimmick, after all.

You can just continue to ignore existing feats

Like him beating Molecule Man or vague statements about Galactus? I've seen those feats a lot.

and or mold them into whatever fits the argument you are trying to make like you seem do in like 80% of your posts

I mean, it looks that way because, well, I read comics and have a decent understanding of how power levels work, and when people say otherwise, it can seem like you "mold" (whatever that really means) feats into a specific outlook, but that's how consistency works I'm afraid. Comics are naturally inconsistent (like with all stories written by 20+ writers not including co and assistant writers as well as editorial staff on top) so we really have to make sense out of it when there's not a lot.

Considering you never actually addressed my actual counter points, I assume you don't really know what they are, or you can't be bothered. It's cool either way.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#161 god_spawn  Moderator

Sentry.

solaris6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 god_spawn  Moderator
takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 takenstew22  Moderator  Online

@god_spawn: Kind of off-topic but noobmaster seems to have been banned and his last post was in this thread. May I ask why?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 god_spawn  Moderator

@takenstew22: He‘s not banned nor karma banned right now. If something happened between then and now, I don’t know.

Avatar image for deactivated-62bb20d3566c2
deactivated-62bb20d3566c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Sentry isn't stomping anyone. Anyone who links feats like stomping Molecule man, a vague statement about Galactus or even fights against WWH don't really understand consistency/don't care about it. Sentry has loads of feats that place him way below guys like Galactus etc. Bob's a high tier for the most part from what I've seen. If we want to take best feats and ignore consistency Ben put the Beyonder in a hospital so he stomps hard here. I'm not saying Sentry loses or Ben wins, but saying its a stomp in Sentry's favor is something I disagree with massively.

Also claiming that we should go to comic-con and ask writers who wins between Sentry and Thing is a silly argument and is ironic considering the person who said that was accusing the other person of being a fake comic book fan and not reading comics, I guess tons of feats+ consistency don't matter and we should settle all comic debates by just asking the writers. No need to buy comics or read them for that matter.

askujdnakjsd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By askujdnakjsd

@noobmaster2001: you should make sure to note the mind set of the one performing those feats in those "tons of feats" as well, instead of blanketing those too under inconsistency which is what you're inferring now.. Below

guess tons of feats+ consistency don't matter and we should settle all comic debates by just asking the writers. No need to buy comics or read them for that matter.

And

If we want to take best feats and ignore consistency Ben put the Beyonder in a hospital so he stomps hard here.

The context is that the beyonder wanted to experience pain in a human body as well as the other emotions when he did that. I agree, it ain't a valid feat but not in the same way you're using to dismiss sentrys stable power showings as "Inconsistent".

There isn't such context to dismiss when sentry stomps a high tier. A stable sentry is way above the void. Also, it's been referred several times that sentry is the void. Bob taking Ls dosent get dragged under the same label. All these stable sentry instances you cud/may bring up have a valid circumstance that required bob to not care/be unstable/hold back. Just saiyan cuz seen his unstable feats get labelled under stable to argue sentry at a low tier. I've seen it being followed religiously.

even fights against WWH don't really understand consistency/don't care about it.

Also there is nothing Inconsistent about the wbh fight. Wbh wasn't fighting at his max there and Sentry was unstable there (as per Cho) as well.

Sentry has loads of feats that place him way below guys like Galactus etc

Welcome to reality. That is how sentrys powers work. He's got 3 personas within him not just two counting bobs.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

When Bob interferes ofc he's gonna take Ls. Bobs insecurity is the gauge you're measuring sentry by? If it's unstable sentry sure. Just because he's going to have those feats aren't exactly marking a contradiction when he curbs God strange, loki, wonder boy, Xavier..xyz... Or acts stable. Bringing statements. I agree aren't viable for a debate. But blanketing Bobs Ls under "sentrys power" isn't that far behind. Calling Bob a high tier is what causes most inconsistency and scaling problems.

Same reason why blaze taking Ls dosent get classified under zarathos.

Likewise nabu and Kent.

feats like stomping Molecule man

Despite Owen being unstable, lemme ask if you think sentry post(after) that fight is of the same mindset and power familiarity as sentry when he got thrown by Hercules(for example)?

The answer may be obvious for you, but I want to see what you would put out.

Avatar image for deactivated-62bb20d3566c2
deactivated-62bb20d3566c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@diablo712: you should make sure to note the mind set of the one performing those feats in those "tons of feats" as well, instead of blanketing those too under inconsistency which is what you're inferring now.. Below

Pretty sure Bob was stable in these encounters. Claiming that when Sentry doesn't do as well as you hope and chalking it up to 'mindset' is the same type of argument people have been making about Gladiator's confidence, which has become infamous in these forums.

And

Not sure what you mean by this honestly.

The context is that the beyonder wanted to experience pain in a human body as well as the other emotions when he did that. So, as per your standard Ben needs to get immediately bumped relative to beyonder cuz Ben managed to put him in the hospital.

You missed my point though, my point was you can ignore consistency for any character. I could do the same for Ben, Sentry was hurt by a nuke while Ben tanked a beating from Immortal Hulk for over an hour. Sentry got knocked out by Ms Marvel while amped by a nuke while Ben broke adamantium Ultron with one hand. If people think Sentry's consistent power level is WWH or above or something they are looking at his best feats and ignoring consistency. What feats does he have that brings him close to World War Hulk levels? struggling with Hercules? struggling with Jim Hammond? failing to badly hurt Wonder man with a cheap shot while bloodlusted? struggling with Namor twice?

What validity do you think that provides? Is this what you mean for all those tons of feats as well? This is the benchmark gauge to go by? Kek.

Nah you don't need to be Beyonder level to beat Sentry, I was pointing out the flaws in saying Sentry stomps Thing because people were saying him fighting WWH is consistent for him (which it's not) as well the fact Sentry has an aura that can calm Hulk down too, which likely played a role in it.

Also there is nothing Inconsistent about the wbh fight. Wbh wasn't fighting at his max there and Sentry was unstable there (as per Cho) as well.

It is inconsistent, Sentry in himself is a very inconsistent character. He goes from casually overpowering Terrax with one arm to getting one shot by Thor, to stomping the Hulkbuster to get bloodied by Extremis Iron man. Sentry was hurt by a calm Savage Hulk hugging him and was overpowered by Wendigo Hulk. Going by consistent feats Sentry's a high tier and most high tiers were stomped by Hulk. Adding in the fact that he has an aura that calms down Hulk him doing well against Green Scar was definitely inconsistent.

Welcome to reality. That is how sentrys powers work. He's got 3 personas within him not just two counting bobs.

Pretty sure there's nothing to imply his mindset was affected here, this is the exact same as the Gladiator confidence argument of trying to chalk everything up as being due to 'low confidence' or 'mindset'. If there's evidence I'm up for it, but anything else is just a theory.

When Bob interferes ofc he's gonna take Ls. Bobs insecurity is the gauge you're measuring sentry by? If it's unstable sentry sure. Just because he's going to have those feats aren't exactly marking a contradiction when he curbs God strange, loki, wonder boy, Xavier..xyz... Or acts stable. Bringing statements. I agree aren't viable for a debate. But blanketing Bobs Ls under "sentrys power" isn't that far behind (especially considering the standard for a power gauge you told b4).

Once again these instances that I've named didn't mention anything about Bob interferring. I'm not sure where you're getting that from. The rest of your post is phrased weird and I'm not 100% sure what your saying. What are you talking about when you say ''blanketing Bobs Ls under Sentry's power'' isn't viable? Statements don't mean anything when there massively inconsistent or don't have feats to back them up, that's my problem with that Galactus statement.

Yeah there two seperate entities, Ghost Rider and Zarathos feats aren't the same.

Despite Owen being unstable, lemme ask you do you think sentry post that fight is of the same mindset and power familiarity as sentry when he got thrown by Hercules(for example)?

No its an outlier because that's way above what Sentry can do consistently as well as the fact he's struggled with people way weaker.

Karkus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#169  Edited By Karkus

Can any Sentry fan give me a list of issues when Sentry was stable? It seems whenever Sentry performs below Galactus levels, he's unstable.

Unstable here even though he was merged with the Void?
Unstable here even though he was merged with the Void?

Don't get me wrong, Sentry wins this match solidly, but Sentry being Skyfather tier is much more ludicrous than the idea of Thing winning

Karkus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diablo712: Didn't you say Sentry > Odin because Sentry overloaded Creel but Creel absorbed Odin's blasts?

No Caption Provided

War Hulk > Odin as well? Do you also think Sentry > Cosmic Cube?

askujdnakjsd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By askujdnakjsd

@noobmaster2001 said:

@diablo712: you should make sure to note the mind set of the one performing those feats in those "tons of feats" as well, instead of blanketing those too under inconsistency which is what you're inferring now.. Below

Pretty sure Bob was stable in these encounters. Claiming that when Sentry doesn't do as well as you hope and chalking it up to 'mindset' is the same type of argument people have been making about Gladiator's confidence, which has become infamous in these forums.

You can say that once you equate bobs mind to whoever you want to compare. Bobs mind is fragmented by two opposing sides. That's not the case with kallark lol. Him falling low in confidence affects his power set. That's a given. I'm not chalking it upto mindset. Sentrys power depending on his mental state isn't breaking news anywhere. Also, kallark still dosent have the conflicting personas nor does he suffer from GAD. That's not the same case you're trying to say.

And

Not sure what you mean by this honestly.

Sure you don't.

The context is that the beyonder wanted to experience pain in a human body as well as the other emotions when he did that. So, as per your standard Ben needs to get immediately bumped relative to beyonder cuz Ben managed to put him in the hospital.

You missed my point though, my point was you can ignore consistency for any character. I could do the same for Ben, Sentry was hurt by a nuke while Ben tanked a beating from Immortal Hulk for over an hour. Sentry got knocked out by Ms Marvel while amped by a nuke while Ben broke adamantium Ultron with one hand. If people think Sentry's consistent power level is WWH or above or something they are looking at his best feats and ignoring consistency. What feats does he have that brings him close to World War Hulk levels? struggling with Hercules? struggling with Jim Hammond? failing to badly hurt Wonder man with a cheap shot while bloodlusted? struggling with Namor twice?

Lol I edited that out almost 2hrs ago. I knew I forgot to quote your point. Check it.

What validity do you think that provides? Is this what you mean for all those tons of feats as well? This is the benchmark gauge to go by? Kek.

Nah you don't need to be Beyonder level to beat Sentry, I was pointing out the flaws in saying Sentry stomps Thing because people were saying him fighting WWH is consistent for him (which it's not) as well the fact Sentry has an aura that can calm Hulk down too, which likely played a role in it.

Sentry being unstable in wwh arc isn't again breaking news. That's the charity ppl.

It is inconsistent, Sentry in himself is a very inconsistent character. He goes from casually overpowering Terrax with one arm to getting one shot by Thor, to stomping the Hulkbuster to get bloodied by Extremis Iron man. Sentry was hurt by a calm Savage Hulk hugging him and was overpowered by Wendigo Hulk. Going by consistent feats Sentry's a high tier and most high tiers were stomped by Hulk. Adding in the fact that he has an aura that calms down Hulk him doing well against Green Scar was definitely inconsistent.

See, you're actually chalking it as inconsistency while I'm explaining it as how his power depends on his mind state. Sentry was playing God in the first half of their fight(and please don't bring up durability cuz that's a worse resort than admitting sentry was fully stable after listening to stark there). Amadeus Cho had alrdy confirmed sentrys stability state in that fight. In wendi hulks instance, do you want to re read it again?

For the wendihulk instance.

How was it not clear that he was there to majorly help hulk and he didn't even care about wendihulk punches...

Does this look like someone giving a toss about that fight?

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

He was busy having a conversation during the fight and again, does it seem like he wanted to fight? Intent.

Sentry is still hosted by a human Bob. Ofc he's gonna split blood. Sentry holding back in his fights is a foreign concept you've noticed?

Messed up the order of posting but you know the fight don't you?

Pretty sure there's nothing to imply his mindset was affected here, this is the exact same as the Gladiator confidence argument of trying to chalk everything up as being due to 'low confidence' or 'mindset'. If there's evidence I'm up for it, but anything else is just a theory.

You mean for the 3 personas?

Being in a state of conflict?

Take a look

And affected where? During wwh?

No Caption Provided

For wendihulk? He was there to mainly help hulk and there's also intent shown.

When Bob interferes ofc he's gonna take Ls. Bobs insecurity is the gauge you're measuring sentry by? If it's unstable sentry sure. Just because he's going to have those feats aren't exactly marking a contradiction when he curbs God strange, loki, wonder boy, Xavier..xyz... Or acts stable. Bringing statements. I agree aren't viable for a debate. But blanketing Bobs Ls under "sentrys power" isn't that far behind (especially considering the standard for a power gauge you told b4).

Once again these instances that I've named didn't mention anything about Bob interferring. I'm not sure where you're getting that from. The rest of your post is phrased weird and I'm not 100% sure what your saying. What are you talking about when you say ''blanketing Bobs Ls under Sentry's power'' isn't viable? Statements don't mean anything when there massively inconsistent or don't have feats to back them up, that's my problem with that Galactus statement.

stable sentry is still bob refusing to use his entire power #arguing with himself/Not wanting to put out/trying to keep a low profile. He never uses his entire power beside at the last moment. Idc about that galactus stmt. I don't use it but I don't dismiss it plainly when sentrys alrdy had no trouble with high tiers with his mind right. (right mind fyi means "wanting to use his power") .

Yeah there two seperate entities, Ghost Rider and Zarathos feats aren't the same.

Yeah neither are bobs and sentrys (this word sentry will depend upon your attempt to interpret it) I don't see it to be brought down with the actions of a schizophrenic idiot. I make a distinction between the personas including Bobs insecure one.

No Caption Provided

Despite Owen being unstable, lemme ask you do you think sentry post that fight is of the same mindset and power familiarity as sentry when he got thrown by Hercules(for example)?

No its an outlier because that's way above what Sentry can do consistently as well as the fact he's struggled with people way weaker.

Why are you going back here? The void drops high tiers with his power but when sentry does it.. It magically becomes an outlier despite the repeated confirmations that void and Sentry are the same thing. Controlled by an idiot who you're using to gauge consistency of the character even if that's not where you should be drawing the line on. I don't use that method. Also, the molecule man being unstable in his mind there, isnt a new thing. He's struggled because of Bob which I'm not using as a gauge for sentrys power cap.

askujdnakjsd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By askujdnakjsd

@karkus: did I? Nope I didn't.

Creel was not in his right mind there(when he fought sentry *face-palm*) . Also, again on me?

And Agents of Wakanda? Where he was fighting a battle with himself? And needed to get help from Reed? That wasn't a stable Boi there.

Then

War Hulk > Odin as well?

War Hulk was hulk without banner and completely turnt around by apocalypse ()

>hulk had greater control over his strength. Not needing to use anger to enhance it

>he also had the cable tendril given by apocalypse

>The sword forged from celestial tech

>apocalypse also melded the bulks skin in a highly durable armour + spikes

>helmet that prevented the hulk from getting distracted and swayed by his dead fathers bables.

>instilled a more potent love for destruction within hulk.

Horseman war >> Odin yup. That's not far off.

I've never thot hulks overall power is anything small regardless.

Get better trolls or bait when you venture out.

Karkus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diablo712: I can't understand what you're saying. Is it possible that you could post the text in your native language so I could translate it? Creel had no mental problems when War Hulk overloaded him.

askujdnakjsd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By askujdnakjsd

@karkus said:

@diablo712: I can't understand what you're saying. Is it possible that you could post the text in your native language so I could translate it? Creel had no mental problems when War Hulk overloaded him.

War Hulk > Odin as well?

War Hulk was hulk without banner and completely turmt around by apocalypse ()

>hulk had greater control over his strength. Not needing to use anger to enhance it

>he also had the cable tendril given by apocalypse

>The sword forged from celestial tech

>apocalypse also melded the hulks skin in a highly durable armour + spikes

>helmet that prevented the hulk from getting distracted and swayed by his dead fathers bables.

>instilled a more potent love for destruction within hulk.

Horseman war >> Odin yup. It's not that far off.

I've never thot hulks overall power is anything small regardless.

Get better trolls or bait when you venture out

Karkus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diablo712: War Hulk isn't > Odin, lol. If he was he would have one-shot Juggernaut. Although, he probably was still > Sentry. Odin > Sentry as well.

Karkus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By Karkus

@diablo712: Here's Hulk (it's probably Savage based on the way he was acting but I'll be generous and say it was Immortal) VS Sentry. Needs two hands to match Hulk's one hand.

No Caption Provided

And here's Thing VS Immortal Hulk.

No Caption Provided

Intent seems pretty clear.

askujdnakjsd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karkus said:

@diablo712: War Hulk isn't > Odin, lol. If he was he would have one-shot Juggernaut. Although, he probably was still > Sentry. Odin > Sentry as well.

The odin scale was your claim. I was generous to hulk. I keep him relative to odin. Where do you think odin scales to?

You're indeed that same guy who attempted to equate the mindset of a guy who had just gotten out of a 1hr therapy to someone willfully capable of focusing his intent. Idc what your sentry opinions are. Keep believing those.

Karkus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some more intent.

Karkus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Karkus

@diablo712 said:
@karkus said:

The odin scale was your claim. I was generous to hulk. I keep him relative to odin. Where do you think odin scales to?

You're indeed that same guy who attempted to equate the mindset of a guy who had just gotten out of a 1hr therapy to someone willfully capable of focusing his intent. Idc what your sentry opinions are. Keep believing those.

The point is trying to say Sentry > Odin based on Creel scaling is flawed, because he's also been overloaded by less than Odin. Odin is powerful enough to destroy Galaxies while weakened, so he'd one-shot Juggernaut, unlike War Hulk.

Scan of Sentry having 1hr therapy in Fallen son? My only Sentry opinion is he's weaker than Odin. That's pretty reasonable.

askujdnakjsd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By askujdnakjsd

@karkus:

Needs two hands to match Hulk's one hand.

And here's Thing VS Immortal Hulk.

Intent seems pretty clear.

Perhaps because sentry is an Agoraphobic schizo. Like I haven't posted his personas and disorders in post #171. Oh wait, I forgot. You don't register sense, do you now?

Some more intent

Also, why haven't you yet addressed what I initially said to first compare their mindset before trying with intent.. What happened to that? <<<

Scan of Sentry having 1hr therapy in Fallen son?

Scan of him having finished therapy before the fight, you mean. And it was 45 min. He was billed for 1hr cuz he left before it finished and had gotten the call to deal with the problem in space.

No Caption Provided

The point is trying to say Sentry > Odin based on Creel scaling is flawed, because he's also been overloaded by less than Odin

Who said that. I said Creel was not in his full mind when he fought sentry. Essentially below his peak power. You took that for the hulk which I never implied. I've never said sentry stomps odin here.

Horseman war still rekt Cain. Your one shot and two shot are all brought by you only.

Karkus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By Karkus

@diablo712: I still can't understand what you're saying. Sentry showed no signs of mentally instability in in his fight with Hulk (more like the opposite). Definitely wasn't weak.

No Caption Provided

I'm curious what you consider a "Stable" Sentry as. What issues do you think he's appeared in?

askujdnakjsd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By askujdnakjsd
@karkus said:

@diablo712: I still can't understand what you're saying. Sentry showed no signs of mentally instability in in his fight with Hulk (more like the opposite). Definitely wasn't weak.

No Caption Provided

I'm curious what you consider a "Stable" Sentry as. What issues do you think he's appeared in?

Troll somewhere else kid. And check the post I referred you.

Smh. Even the first part of post #180 is on that.

I still can't understand what you're saying

This isn't my problem considering that I even resorted away from using any short forms/jargons in the referred post for these comebacks of yours to keep occuring.Also, it's not that hard to see you're here for the one and only purpose of trolling.

What issues do you think he's appeared in?

This was why I again mentioned his mindset and the benchmark on which his powers depended on. To look at the mindset instead of trying to find instances of unstable sentry (bob who may not care/be unstable/hold back. ) in issues, then using that under the pretext of stable sentry. Read. (and smh Ik this would've been your bait)

Karkus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By Karkus

@diablo712: Now you're resorting to insults. Not cool man. Might have to report you for that.

Also, you can't seriously think your English wasn't a problem. It was word soup at best and complete gibberish at worst.

If you're talking about Sentry's mindset (still can't understand what you're saying) he seemed pretty stable in Marvel Knights, which is where he was stalemated by Hulk. Sentry with an Unstable mindset is stuff like Bendis's Avengers.

askujdnakjsd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By askujdnakjsd

@karkus:

Now you're resorting to insults. Not cool man. Might have to report you for that.

I was asking you a question. If it was taken as an insult, it's by your own attempts. Are you trying to be funny?

Also, you can't seriously think your English wasn't a problem. It was word soup at best and complete gibberish at worst.

Not rn.(right now)

If you're talking about Sentry's mindset (still can't understand what you're saying) he seemed pretty stable in Marvel Knights, which is where he was stalemated by Hulk. Sentry with an Unstable mindset is stuff like Bendis's Avengers.

Once more, do you need to do research on who bob is?

Hes an Agoraphobic schizo with GAD. His mind set is fractured(with opposing personas and also his insecure side) which is why he blurted out the shit he did about his duty and status in marvel knights. This isn't a new concept regarding sentry. Again, read the referred post.

Bob was unstable in Bendis Avengers and even if he's unstable, the voids intent to kill was stable until Emma managed to convince bob. Stable sentry instances do not exist without a specified circumstance.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By Noone1996

@professorrespect: The art is extremely clear. He's shown no-selling the hit in a dramatic fashion. If it was intended to actually hurt or damage Sentry then it would have been made clear by the writer instead of obscurely having him throw up 2 pages later. It's possible to not "feel" an injury until later due to adrenaline, but that's a little different than having a delayed reaction to just being punched. It's not the same as breaking a bone or not feeling a cut or something like that. When has anyone ever been punched in the face or stomach, not feel it, and then minutes later suddenly keel over in pain? I mean there isn't even an implication that it was Thing's hit which caused him to fall over like that. Meanwhile we've already seen him freak out and fall over from being mentally unstable and scared:

No Caption Provided

Ultimately, the only way either side of this argument will be convinced is if we hear it straight from Bendis' mouth. People that stan Thing won't be able to believe it otherwise.

Karkus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By Karkus

@diablo712: Telling someone "stop trolling kid" isn't an insult? Alright.

You're not being clear. If according to you Sentry's only feats are when he's unstable, then how do you debate him?

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone1996 said:

@professorrespect: The art is extremely clear. He's shown no-selling the hit in a dramatic fashion.

Again, him not showing any signs of damage within first contact is not a one and done situation. Already been through this so I'll not go through it again.

It's possible to not "feel" an injury until later due to adrenaline, but that's a little different than having a delayed reaction to just being punched. It's not the same as breaking a bone or not feeling a cut or something like that. When has anyone ever been punched in the face or stomach, not feel it, and then minutes later suddenly keel over in pain?

Again, damage can be mitigated completely in the heat of battle. I understand your point that it seems that wouldn't be the case, but I don't think Sentry clearly doubling over in pain AFTER being directly smashed in the stomach is something we just ignore or just pretend that had nothing to do with it and that he did it because he was "unstable" despite the fact that he never really did anything like that before in the story.

I mean there isn't even an implication that it was Thing's hit which caused him to fall over like that. Meanwhile we've already seen him freak out and fall over from being mentally unstable and scared:

No Caption Provided

This isn't the same as the other instance, and I'll explain why.

First off, this isn't him winded or showing any sort of pain (which he was clearly doing when he was doubling over in pain directly after the Thing fight) it's him cowering in fear due to his own trauma and unstable nature.

Second, this is a BIG thing for Sentry to deal with: seeing himself and the Void when he thought they weren't the same person, seeing the Void in particular sets him off always (see Secret Invasion when a Skrull simply needs to morph into the Void to scare him off for the rest of the story) comparing this to simply meeting up with Thing and having no mental problems with it (Robert even makes sure Ben doesn't hurt anything mid impact and his powers work just fine, which sounds reasonable to me to say he wasn't mentally impacted from that event) and the comparison simply doesn't make logical sense. Sure Robert was terrified about being in the past (probably because he knows he'll be there) but he didn't have trouble at all using his powers with Ben.

Ultimately, the only way either side of this argument will be convinced is if we hear it straight from Bendis' mouth. People that stan Thing won't be able to believe it otherwise

I agree, in the end people are gonna have different ideas about comics, and I'm fine with that if you believe differently to me. Bendis is a weird writer anyway (but you already know that, lol)

askujdnakjsd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karkus:

Telling someone "stop trolling kid" isn't an insult? Alright.

Nope, since Ik you're just trying hard rn. If you want to take it as insult, go right ahead. Not like I mentioned the purpose of calling you that, right?. Spare me..

You're not being clear. If according to you Sentry's only feats are when he's unstable, then how do you debate him?

Depends on the arguments and personas. And how well you know him.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc63aec061e5
deactivated-5fc63aec061e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12:

Yeah but still he is not nearly on WWH level which Sentry is

I never said Ben is anywhere close to WWH. STABLE SENTRY is near WWH mostly because of massively OP regenerative powers and potentially planet level energy projection + calming aura. Base Sentry is below Savage Hulk.

How much you try to lowball character is really funny but no, he did that good thanks to his striking which hurt him and turned him into Banner, healing factor of his or flight did not help him in that fight,

Striking did hurt him because his strikes were massively amped with energy. Not only that, Sentry was willing to beat the crap out of Hulk and was not holding back at the early stages of the fight. To quote Sentry "God help me you're the only one I can hit LIKE THIS" and boom. Flight did help him to blitz Hulk. Let me jog your memory.

#1. Starts by blitzing Hulk
#1. Starts by blitzing Hulk
#2. Energy amped punches and energy blasts
#2. Energy amped punches and energy blasts

This is from World War Hulk #5. Just read it once again, I can't spoon-feed you.

it was never implied he used any calming aurora on Hulk or that it worked

The last part of the fight disagrees with your notion. Again read World War Hulk #5.

not even Charles could calm down WWH, Sentry is not doing it either, the fact that it can work by limited amount on normal calm Hulk does not mean it can do anyhting to Green Scar lol, that was all his power

Charles used Telepathy, Sentry used a certain frequency of energy which has a calming effect. He's used it before against Savage Hulk before and if you're such an avid reader of Sentry you should know by now that Sentry's calming aura is an actual thing.

WWH obviously used much more of his strength there, since he knew Sentry was far stronger

Sentry isn't even as strong as Savage Hulk. Besides there's not much of an option for Hulk to use anything other than physical strength on Sentry eh? Hulk doesn't shoot lasers outta his eyes. Hulk doesn't summon magical lighting from the sky. Hulk's a physical beast.

WBH later evne says how he will turn back into Hulk that beat all of those " including Herc) and "EVEN Sentry" he acknowledges how he is above them

Unless this is what Underfire47 has addressed already in this thread, I don't even understand what you're implying.

Hercules himslef siad that if Hulk wanted in just those 3 hits he could shatter his skull complelty, that is why that is not comperable with Sentry example, and there is no evidnece he held back that much really, Sentry hit him also only a few times and hurt him to the point he turned into Banner, they where dealing prety much the same damage to each other, they were shown as near equals

Herc did said that yes. His performance isn't comparable to that of Sentry because,

• Herc doesn't have the ability to blast energy outta his body
  • Herc cannot blitz people at high speeds using flight
  • Herc didn't even fight back
  • Compared to Herc's face after 3-4 punches, Sentry's face looked worse in just 3 hits

A stable Sentry-> not holding back-> unleashes energy blasts-> uses energy amped punches-> threatens the planet with the release of his energies->Hulk plays mind games->Sentry admits that he's trying to calm Hulk down, but ironically he cannot control himself->and after a few more panels, they have both reverted to their human forms->Banner KO's Bob ftw.

The reason I'm saying Sentry was using the calm aura is not just the yellow/golden energies he spew out but also considering things such as

• Zom-Strange (a potentially Skyfather level amp for him at the time) punched holes in Hulk, yet Hulk didn't revert back into Banner.
  • Zeus curbstomped the same Hulk, debilitated Hulk's healing factor to 7%, yet Hulk still didn't revert back into Banner.
  • Took an internal attack equivalent to that of 130s or so of Herc's strongest punches that messed his insides, yet Huk still didn't revert back into Banner.

Tl;DR - Sentry's calming aura played a big role in reverting Hulk back into Banner.

Unless of course you think Sentry's attack potency is in the Skyfather's range. Ask @underfire47and he'll explain how Green Scar has never been KO'd clean and clear without some context involved.

That is headcanon, Void manifests himslef outside of his body physically, they fight and Sentry does well, it is not ven fight inside their head or anything like that, hell Void can even leave Sentry completely

It's not a headcanon. Void has ostensibly much better feats than Sentry. Let's see,

FightSentry's performanceVoid's performance
vs ThorGets one-shotted and then stalemated later onStomps Thor and the entire Avengers and in New Avengers busted a massive lineup of heroes.
vs HulkStruggled against a Wendigo'd HulkBreaks every single bone in Hulk's body using the Infini-Tendrils
vs Team level threats and flat out teambuster+ level charactersPuts up a fight against Female Ultron (that took over Extremis armor) and was mostly getting ragdolled throughout the fight.Gives Sorcerer Supreme and God of Magic plenty of struggle
vs high tiers and herald levelGot manhandled by Herc, stalemated by Namor, overpowered by AresBeats the living hell out of Beta Ray Bill, treated Nova Prime like a cannon fodder, tore Loki apart on a molecular level
Some other fightsGot KO'd the f out by a cheap shot from Ms Marvel amped on a nuke, ran away from Jim Hammond and struggled against Noh-VarrNo sells No-Varr's telepathy, Stomps a Super Skrull, No sells a blast from Blaastar

TL;DR - The Void's performances have been consistent and on a whole new level compared to Sentry.

I think that is a fight in their head or something, this is not that, that is just evil Sentry and good one fighting, Void manifested himself outside of his body and they fought and Sentry did well

They are both interconnected and that certainly serves as a factor in Sentry's fights against Void. And the above table should sum up the difference of power levels between the two entities.

Yeah but there is no proof he was stronger or wekaer there, that is still moon busting punching feat only in alternative dimension DR Strange made

Not real moon busting because it took place in a simulated reality inside Bob's mind. I mean, we dream about weird shit often and it feels like what happens inside is real but is it actually real? did one of them at least happen in the physical realm? The answer would be no.

And that is wrong

You're yet to prove it in a meaningful way.

From what i remember i dont think he was going all out really there

Read Siege again. Sentry was bloodlusted since the 2nd issue.

1.Extremis Iron Man= Sentry stomped him without even wanting to kill him or hurt him, he held back extremely and sitll he nearly one-shotted him in one hit, it took him a long time to get up, like a minute, and while Sentry thought he was down, he sucker-punched him and slightly hurt him and then Sentry proceeded to stomp him easily, so all in all only low showing there is Tony hurting him but tony has hurt Hulk, Thor and other characters in weaker armors then this, hell Extremis is above even Hulkbuster i think which fought Green Scar for a moment and did good, so that is not really low showing at all

Okay but Since you're trying to sell Sentry as a Thor/Hulk ++ being, it is kind of a low showing. IF and only IF you consider Sentry to be vastly above Hulk or Thor.

Hercules never manhandled him, not only was Sentry holding back and not wanting to hurt him really while Hercules did but all Hercules did is use his skill to slam him, throw him, and kicked him in nuts all without doing any real damage to him, Hercules evne later admits that Sentry is too powerful for him, so agian not low showing

Hercules wasn't fighting seriously either. He was very, very casual throughout the fight. Fun Fact - Herc one-shot Noh-Varr at the early stage of the clash between Dark Avengers vs Olympus Group vs Herc, Amadeus and Athena. Sentry couldn't one-shot Noh-varr in their fight.

She Hulk, also he was holding back and throwing her around, all she did is move him with sneak attack without even hurting him, so not an anti feat, not to mention that She Hulk has some good high end feats

Fair enough on this one I guess. Although it's worth noting that Iron Man has one-shot She Hulk on at least 3 occasions without even trying.

Namor he threw a punch, Sentry caught it bull rushed him into ground and Ema saved his ass then, agian not low showing at all

Sure it's not a low showing but if Sentry was so far above Thor or Hulk as you say, he would've just one-shot Namor don't you think?

When did nuke one shot him? Also sitll better than street tiers hurting Thor

There's a huge gap between a street leveller's attack potency and that of a nuke. Anyone with a sound mind can tell that street levellers' showings are PIS but a nuke KOing powerhouse isn't far fetched right? Like how DCEU Superman got one-shot by a Nuke..

And Black Bolt at his high ends can wreck Superman or anyone like that lol, so that is no surprise

Sure but neither Hulk, Thor, nor The Thing has been shit scared about Bolt's voice no matter how destructive it is.

So no guy that fought WWH to draw is step above Superman, Thor, and normal Hulk

The problem is inconsistency. But fair enough, I believe a Stable Sentry to be above the generic powerhouses (Hulk, Superman, Thor etc).

Once more headcanon, that was never stated or implied, that was all result of Sentry hits on him, he physically did it

headcanon, that was the result of his stats, and base Sentry is WWH level

Explained above in this post as to why the Calming aura played a big part.

He can still cut planet in two with a single swing of his axe and has some good feats to, and here there was no evidence that he was jobbing, Sentry was just shown as very powerful

I can agree on Sentry>Terrax

he also has feat where he no solled punch from Thing and flicked him

And The Thing has hurt him with a punch in Sentry/Fantastic Four One Shot

Any character has inconsistences

Yes but most of those inconsistencies are due to appearing in a shit ton of comics for several years. Sentry hasn't had that much of appearances but still massively inconsistent.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thing claps

Avatar image for applekidthethird
Applekidthethird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dude, thing has no way of permanently putting sentry down....how is this still going?

Punyaamrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sentry can maybe TP thing or use some matter manipulation but if the thing gets close enough then he beats sentry to a pulp

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 takenstew22  Moderator  Online

sentry can maybe TP thing or use some matter manipulation but if the thing gets close enough then he beats sentry to a pulp

When has Sentry ever TP'd?

Punyaamrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyaamrit said:

i mean, didn't he mindwipe the entire planet a couple of times

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyaamrit said:
@takenstew22 said:
@punyaamrit said:

With Reed tech IIRC, he never did that by himself in a combat scenario

Punyaamrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyaamrit said:
@takenstew22 said:
@punyaamrit said:

With Reed tech IIRC, he never did that by himself in a combat scenario

k, than thing wins

Spartan101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thing dies. Zero chance

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: Reed and Ironman tech as well as some magic shenanigans from Strange, they erased everyones memory of him on the planet, except for Hulk.

UltraPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@underfire47: Was that done under his own power or did the tech enhance his TP? Also by erasing everyone's memory would that include powerful telepaths like Xavier or Nate Grey? And where it was stated that it didn't work on Hulk?