Sentry vs The Thing

Avatar image for deactivated-60f4940f2eb6f
deactivated-60f4940f2eb6f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

A weaker version of Hulk tanks 30 consecutive punches from Hercules directly to the face
A weaker version of Hulk tanks 30 consecutive punches from Hercules directly to the face
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
3 hits from Hulk and Hercules is disabled
3 hits from Hulk and Hercules is disabled
"Hercules would have beaten WWH"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Hercules is not from Earth"

Oops sorry my bad so Hercules is from Jupiter which basically is a roman version of Hercules' father Zeus
Oops sorry my bad so Hercules is from Jupiter which basically is a roman version of Hercules' father Zeus

No Caption Provided

Karkus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This dude is hilarious.

"In before Hulk is multiversal wank"

After he wanks Sentry to be above Galactus. He actually thinks when people post him scans of Hulk being "multiversal" they are serious and not actually mocking him for posting ridiculous outliers for Sentry.

Karkus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karkus said:

@jonathancarlton: Here's another one for you.

No Caption Provided

What's that supposed to prove? Sentry pulling back his punches again?

Sentry merged with the Void pulling his punches? That's a new one.

Karkus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Karkus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Karkus

Might as well repost this.

Galactus level Gigantos it seems.

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Sentry is a Skyfather tier opponent"

No Caption Provided
Galactus-level building because why not
Galactus-level building because why not

Karkus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Building level Sentry seems pretty consistent.

Karkus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karkus said:
@jonathancarlton said:
@karkus said:

@jonathancarlton: Here's another one for you.

No Caption Provided

What's that supposed to prove? Sentry pulling back his punches again?

Sentry merged with the Void pulling his punches? That's a new one.

A weaker version of Sentry did this to Thor:

No Caption Provided

Sentry was using an artifact that let Iceman freeze the planet and stab clean through Thor. Remender confirmed it amped his power.

Karkus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Karkus

@jonathancarlton said:
@karkus said:

@jonathancarlton: Another one.

No Caption Provided

Sentry was holding back. Keep up with the lowball feats, and you won't go far.

Now I know you're baiting. How does yelling in pain equal holding back? Sentry at this time was taken over the Void and explicitly not holding back. It seems any showing that doesn't show Sentry as Galactus tier you say is holding back. Problem is this is a reaction of pain and he embraced the Void.

Karkus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonathancarlton: We have no idea how fed Galactus was and he had the help of Nate Grey. Molecule Man was mentally unstable in Dark Avengers.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stalemating Galactus (a mere part of him, the Ultimate Nullifier, recreated the multiverse, erasing his brother and equal Abraxas from the Cosmic Hierarchy in the process), containing a Cosmic Cube (ie equal to the Beyonder), casually overpowering Hulk and Thor (both have shaken the multiverse), beating Molecule Man at matter manipulation, erasing the memories of every Alpha and Omega level telepath (all of whom have multiversal power)… pick your favourite Sentry feat, and I guarantee it has multiversal prowess backing it.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for applekidthethird
Applekidthethird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok everybody let's all just relax, things seem to be getting a bit tense

Applekidthethird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you guys really wanna go at a hulk v sentry debate then do it in another forum, this is thing vs sentry and I would say sentry should be able to win via extra abilities and speed

Avatar image for deactivated-6108c6c162ecc
deactivated-6108c6c162ecc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you guys really wanna go at a hulk v sentry debate then do it in another forum, this is thing vs sentry and I would say sentry should be able to win via extra abilities and speed

nah thing wins

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@necrogod said:

@eredin12:

Sentry was able to fight WWH to draw who crub stomped Ben, even one-shotted him i think,

Yeah Hulk did one-shot Ben but Ben has come a long way since that and is currently strong enough to hold his own against Savage Hulk+ level people, unlike in the past where he was one-two shotted by them.

The only reason Sentry did better than the others is because of his energy projection, regenerative healing factor, flight speed and the calming aura. Not only that, Sentry wasn't holding back, while Hulk was still holding back to a certain degree. Hulk turned Sentry's face into road-kill with 3 punches, just like he did to Hercules and tbh, Sentry's face looked much worse. But alright....

define oneshot he did double club ben in the back of the head but ben was never knocked out but definitely dazed . and ben has been able to fight savage hulk and professor hulk level people since the 90's he is far above that now

not to mention all-time he fought Void and did well,

Sentry's fights with The Void aren't just a mere physical confrontation between two separate individuals, but a clash of two personas and a psychic factor plays a role in it as well. It's not that Sentry is as strong as The Void, it's because they are both manifestations of Reynold's psyche, neither of them can truly exist without the other. It's somewhat similar to Hulk and Hulk's inner clash between Banner and Hulk. I can get into detail if you want.

or him destroying most of the moon with a single casual punch,

You must be referring to that one from the 2018 mini series right? Well, the entire thing happened in Bob's mind actually. It happened in a virtual reality set up Dr Strange to prevent Reynolds from unleashing The Void into the real world. The moon he busted wasn't actually a one in the physical realm, more like a simulated object in the 'world' Reynolds can access using Dr Strange's device.

feat somone like Superman/Thor dont have, so no Sentry is not lackluster

Well, I do think either of them can bust one given time in a few blows but not as easily as Sentry did but I've explained why Sentry's feat should rather not be attributed as a real-moonbusting feat, because of the whole Simulated Reality thing.

Do you mean when Void toyed with him and sitll stomped the shit out of him and was only killed according to Benidis himself since he wanted to die? So i dont see your point there

Sentry wasn't toying by any means, he was bloodlusted and was hellbent on murdering Thor. Heck, Osborne was doubting his control over Bob.

Sentry dominated only when Void took full control over him. Otherwise they were evenly matched.

Yeah Sentry wanted to die but Thor killing him is still impressive because, you know, Sentry has tried to commit Suicide before but never succeeded. Thor just granted his death wish in a way..

Unless specified it is stable one yes, characters are at their best according to rules, not to mention that with WWH is not some stable or anything like that, it was just normal base Sentry deciding to fight and stop him

Not really. Base Sentry is rather terribly inconsistent. Struggling and getting stalemated by Namor on two occasions, getting manhandled by Hercules, struggling against Wendigo-Hulk, struggling against Extremis Iron Man, getting one-shot by a nuke, being shit-scared of Black Bolt, getting 3-shot by Absorbing Man, struggling to put down She Hulk etc. the list goes on. Even if we consider his good showings only, he'd still be put at a step below Superman/Thor/Hulk level.

And Sentry's calming aura was what contributed in reverting Hulk back into Banner. Sentry didn't physically overwhelm Hulk. Sentry was at the brink of going full out before the fight.

Base Sentry is one who fought WWH to draw so yes he is, they are near equals

Nope, Base Sentry is not even Savage Hulk level (maybe near but definitely not on par in terms of physicals) and the only reason he does well against Hulk is the calming aura of Sentry that turns down Hulk's anger.

Terrax for example

I mean, who hasn't beaten Terrax lol. The guy is a terrible jobber and the weakest Herald of Galactus. Not trying to dismiss the feat, I don't think it still puts him on an even ground with someone like WWH. Also, Sentry looked 'stable' when he did faced Terrax. Stable as in fully focused and fully confident looking. But idk man, Sentry has underperformed even when he looked very confident. It's just he's terribly inconsistent.

terrax does job alot but is an insanly powerful character most of his jobs has come without the power cosmic and even without it he can manipulate the surface of most planets

TheOriginalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By TheOriginalOne

@comic_book_fan:

"define oneshot he did double club ben in the back of the head but ben was never knocked out but definitely dazed . and ben has been able to fight savage hulk and professor hulk level people since the 90's he is far above that now"

It wasn't the back of the head but the side. And he wasn't just dazed, he was completely finished. Massively bleeding. Go reread the comic again and see what happens to Ben after Hulk focuses his attention on Reed and Sue.

Spoiler - Ben passes out without having fought/hit again.

askujdnakjsd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By askujdnakjsd

@karkus: that was still void without his host which it needs to manifest its entire power. The void/sentry won't be complete without Bob. You have read scourge, haven't you?

The panel is him taking a form, which he's familiar with.

Also, is someone holding back their power/choosing to remain passive, regardless of the circumstance that unheard of in comics? Most this thread is filled with that cringe. And

Ik most prolly someone will show up later, to gauge sentrys showing as unstable to label under stable for some failed troll.

Mee09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comic Vine Thing solos the entirety of Marvel Comics then takes on Loebforce Rulk in a Battle of the Gods.

This thread is just a mess all around though honestly. Sentry is getting high balled and The Thing is getting wanked. There is no writer worth their salt who would make Sentry lose to a non-amped Thing in a fight.

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry is a Skyfather tier opponent in the same way Superman is multiversal.

Karkus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

askujdnakjsd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By askujdnakjsd

@karkus: I'll ask you one better.

Try first and equate bobs mind to Ben's(and don't troll cud care less if you do tho) and tell me.

Then proceed on equating/comparing both their intent.

Also, that was still the void manifest without a host, which you posted first.

And didn't the sentry just come out after finishing therapy in that space fight you're using to compare?

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry stomps again.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Sentry stomps again.

You mean that fight where Sentry faced off against 60's Thing, BFR'd him and then was dry heaving after Thing punched him once afterwards? I think that's a bit different concept wise.

theGreySoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone1996 said:

Sentry stomps again.

You mean that fight where Sentry faced off against 60's Thing, BFR'd him and then was dry heaving after Thing punched him once afterwards? I think that's a bit different concept wise.

Wasn't that like 70's Thing?

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: No proof that Thing was the one that made him dry heave. He was mentally unstable and freaking out about being in the past.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone1996 said:

@professorrespect: No proof that Thing was the one that made him dry heave. He was mentally unstable and freaking out about being in the past.

Apart from the fact that he did it right after the fight and Thing punched him directly in the stomach? Sentry was freaking out sure, but he wasn't dry heaving either until that happened, lol.

theGreySoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: We saw Sentry throw Ben after he punched him and even after he flied down he didn't seem hurt, Ben can hurt Sentry based on their average feats but I think its clear Sentry wasn't hurt.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: We saw Sentry throw Ben after he punched him and even after he flied down he didn't seem hurt

Dry heaving after being punched in the stomach indicates pain, I think.

Ben can hurt Sentry based on their average feats but I think its clear Sentry wasn't hurt

Again, dry heaving after a strike does usually indicate some sort of pain, so I don't think we can seriously say "nah he wasn't hurt tho he just doubled over in pain afterwards because reasons" tbh

theGreySoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: That seems like a pretty delayed reaction, we see him throw Ben out of the building and he flies down and he even says 'I wanted to make sure you didn't hit anyone' and then he meets Doom and Iron man. If he was in pain from that hit I think he would have shown it right away.

OT: Sentry wins, but won't be an easy fight.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: That seems like a pretty delayed reaction

Which can be clocked up to adrenaline or Sentry wanting to act like it didn't hurt.

The sequence of events is pretty obvious. Thing hits him in the stomach area, Sentry BFR's him, comes back, and then starts to double over from the punch, showing focus on the same area Thing hit.

Add Sentry not behaving like this before and you really can't say otherwise without stretching.

theGreySoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By theGreySoldier

@professorrespect: I don't know how you can look at this and just say Sentry was pretty hurt, if that punch caused a lot of damage he would have at least grunted, moved him or flinched etc:

And no i am not 'stretching' i know these aren't applicable current to Thing since this comic happened in the 70's but I do think Sentry handled Ben without problems here. We see when Ben punches him he even speaks and says 'sorry' he later flies away after he punches Ben and says 'I didn't want you to land on anyone' and then 'sorry you had to see that'. You can chalk it up to adrenaline but people don't get their ribs caved in without least at grunting.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: I don't know how you can look at this and just say Sentry was pretty hurt, if that punch caused a lot of damage he would have at least grunted, moved him or flinched etc:

Showing all of the fight makes it even more obvious. Thing smashes him in the stomach and that plays a part later on when he doubles in pain and clearly is dry heaving. Sentry quickly BFR's Ben and by the time he gets back, it's been like what, a minute? It's not hard to see a delayed reaction to pain because it does literally happen all of the time, comics or IRL.

And no i am not 'stretching'

I mean, you kinda hard if you are saying that a dude getting punched in the stomach and then being in pain afterwards isn't possible, but that, because he didn't show any signs of pain from first exposure (which can be contradicted by more extreme examples) it means he had no trouble with it, which is flawed reasoning.

i know these aren't applicable current to Thing since this comic happened in the 70's

Scaling wise it does wonders for Thing tbh.

but I do think Sentry handled Ben without problems here.

Because this is 70's Thing, not even early 2000 which could brawl with Savage reasonably well, or fight Impossible Man for hours.

You can chalk it up to adrenaline but people don't get their ribs caved in without least at grunting.

Well this isn't "people" it's Sentry, ofc he's not gonna act normally. He got hurt (which is consistent with his other performances against Absorbing Man, Hammond, Iron Man, etc etc) by a guy who wasn't necessarily as strong as him.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: Then why wasn't he "dry heaving" immediately after Ben hits him? Even a page later? Instead he waits minutes after when he is back with Iron Man and Doom (2 pages later)? Makes sense.

askujdnakjsd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By askujdnakjsd

@professorrespect:

Well this isn't "people" it's Sentry, ofc he's not gonna act normally.

That's Bob Reynolds at the start of his power as sentry.. having no clue of what his power was. Not a "sentry" who beat molecule man or x, y, z. Why the blanket stmt? Personas aren't a thing anymore?

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diablo712: Speak comprehensible English please. Not really got a idea about what you are talking about.

@noone1996 said:

@professorrespect: Then why wasn't he "dry heaving" immediately after Ben hits him?

Because delayed responses to attacks do actually happen, and they happen quite often when in the heat of battle. Sentry wasn't hurt enough to be outright winded but the impact was enough that he felt it when he was at a higher state of adrenaline.

Even a page later? Instead he waits minutes after when he is back with Iron Man and Doom

The time difference between the punch and Sentry making it back is about a minute, maybe a minute and a half: quite realistic for a delayed response when people have went half a hour and longer with major injuries and broken bones without even noticing what happened.

Makes sense.

It really does. If you punch someone in the stomach and they dry heave afterwards, it's not because they suddenly had the urge to do so even if they hadn't before, despite being not hurt at all and have no reason to do so.

askujdnakjsd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By askujdnakjsd

@professorrespect said:

@diablo712: Speak comprehensible English please. Not really got a idea about what you are talking about..

Nope lol, I'm not buying that bait.

Neither my grammar nor English were that bad above. Nor had I not specified what I talked before.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diablo712: Cool. I'll just live on wondering what you were trying to say then.

Applekidthethird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't believe this is an actual discussion. This is a stomp in favor of sentry and everybody knows it

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't believe this is an actual discussion. This is a stomp in favor of sentry and everybody knows it

Sentry not a respected character in these parts.