• Win by any means except bfr
  • Start 100 ft apart
BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

High herald Thing completely STOMPS Sentry. Sentry stands zero chance.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f2414030c5e3
deactivated-5f2414030c5e3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OMFG !

Thing one-shot Sentry and kills TOAA and TOBA with the shockwave, then the universe is remade.

WaitOmegaStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By WaitOmegaStorm

Well, Thing was the only abstract to survive to TOBA Hulk, so this is an Epic Stomp.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sentry but he will take a bit of a beating

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Sentry

Avatar image for deactivated-5f2414030c5e3
deactivated-5f2414030c5e3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theanimal666 said:

OMG!

Thing one-shot Sentry and kills TOAA and TOBA with the shockwave, then the universe is remade.

Correction

Omniverse

I apologize. I wanted to type Omniverse and I accidentally crossed my fingers.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f
deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry turns him to rubble

Avatar image for deactivated-63a599f1d59e7
deactivated-63a599f1d59e7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lul can't tell if people are for real but ima vote sentry

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc63aec061e5
deactivated-5fc63aec061e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The one who has been consistently performing better wins (in other words Ben Grimm).

Sentry is an inconsistent mess and it's hard to gauge is overall power level due to that. Honestly his fight with WWH was an outlier if anything given the fact that Sentry got stalemated by a morals-off Thor and a morals-off Thor would still lose to WWH more often than not.

That's aside the fact that Sentry has struggled with pretty much everyone, even mid-tiers

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 rajjarsalt  Online

Sentry: Fallen Son is all the intent ya need. If not that, then Pak solos

Avatar image for hey_thatsmildlyadequate
Hey_Thatsmildlyadequate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scarlet_Wiccan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry should win.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 takenstew22  Moderator

Thing wasn't even using an infinitesimal of his power when he punched Sentry in the gut, and it still hurt him.

Overvoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry one-shot

Overvoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thing stands zero chance, spite

Cybernetics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry. Thing's character is just a walking meme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12:

Sentry has better feats than Ben really, which is why he wins

Maybe in the form of The Void or the so called Merged or Stable Sentry. Other than theme, base Sentry is overall lackluster.

When did Sentry fight the morals off Thor?

In Siege.

And no that was not an outlier, that just showed how strong he is when using his full power, Grek completly intended him to be that strong, so that is no outlier

If that was Stable Sentry, sure it's a good showing. But I see too much of this 'mUh SenTRY wAS weAKeneD' from the people who support Sentry. Base Sentry isn't anywhere near WWH level.

So have many other characters, he has also beaten and stomepd many of them

Name them.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Sentry

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@overvoid said:

Sentry one-shot

he wins but he don't stomp

Overvoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@overvoid: no it's not namor and hercules have been able to hang with sentry and thor beat him the thing is in the same strength range as these guys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12:

Sentry was able to fight WWH to draw who crub stomped Ben, even one-shotted him i think,

Yeah Hulk did one-shot Ben but Ben has come a long way since that and is currently strong enough to hold his own against Savage Hulk+ level people, unlike in the past where he was one-two shotted by them.

The only reason Sentry did better than the others is because of his energy projection, regenerative healing factor, flight speed and the calming aura. Not only that, Sentry wasn't holding back, while Hulk was still holding back to a certain degree. Hulk turned Sentry's face into road-kill with 3 punches, just like he did to Hercules and tbh, Sentry's face looked much worse. But alright....

not to mention all-time he fought Void and did well,

Sentry's fights with The Void aren't just a mere physical confrontation between two separate individuals, but a clash of two personas and a psychic factor plays a role in it as well. It's not that Sentry is as strong as The Void, it's because they are both manifestations of Reynold's psyche, neither of them can truly exist without the other. It's somewhat similar to Hulk and Hulk's inner clash between Banner and Hulk. I can get into detail if you want.

or him destroying most of the moon with a single casual punch,

You must be referring to that one from the 2018 mini series right? Well, the entire thing happened in Bob's mind actually. It happened in a virtual reality set up Dr Strange to prevent Reynolds from unleashing The Void into the real world. The moon he busted wasn't actually a one in the physical realm, more like a simulated object in the 'world' Reynolds can access using Dr Strange's device.

feat somone like Superman/Thor dont have, so no Sentry is not lackluster

Well, I do think either of them can bust one given time in a few blows but not as easily as Sentry did but I've explained why Sentry's feat should rather not be attributed as a real-moonbusting feat, because of the whole Simulated Reality thing.

Do you mean when Void toyed with him and sitll stomped the shit out of him and was only killed according to Benidis himself since he wanted to die? So i dont see your point there

Sentry wasn't toying by any means, he was bloodlusted and was hellbent on murdering Thor. Heck, Osborne was doubting his control over Bob.

Sentry dominated only when Void took full control over him. Otherwise they were evenly matched.

Yeah Sentry wanted to die but Thor killing him is still impressive because, you know, Sentry has tried to commit Suicide before but never succeeded. Thor just granted his death wish in a way..

Unless specified it is stable one yes, characters are at their best according to rules, not to mention that with WWH is not some stable or anything like that, it was just normal base Sentry deciding to fight and stop him

Not really. Base Sentry is rather terribly inconsistent. Struggling and getting stalemated by Namor on two occasions, getting manhandled by Hercules, struggling against Wendigo-Hulk, struggling against Extremis Iron Man, getting one-shot by a nuke, being shit-scared of Black Bolt, getting 3-shot by Absorbing Man, struggling to put down She Hulk etc. the list goes on. Even if we consider his good showings only, he'd still be put at a step below Superman/Thor/Hulk level.

And Sentry's calming aura was what contributed in reverting Hulk back into Banner. Sentry didn't physically overwhelm Hulk. Sentry was at the brink of going full out before the fight.

Base Sentry is one who fought WWH to draw so yes he is, they are near equals

Nope, Base Sentry is not even Savage Hulk level (maybe near but definitely not on par in terms of physicals) and the only reason he does well against Hulk is the calming aura of Sentry that turns down Hulk's anger.

Terrax for example

I mean, who hasn't beaten Terrax lol. The guy is a terrible jobber and the weakest Herald of Galactus. Not trying to dismiss the feat, I don't think it still puts him on an even ground with someone like WWH. Also, Sentry looked 'stable' when he did faced Terrax. Stable as in fully focused and fully confident looking. But idk man, Sentry has underperformed even when he looked very confident. It's just he's terribly inconsistent.

Avatar image for poedameronsbutt
Poedameronsbutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait what? We are talking about the same sentry right? Sentry murder stomps thing into submissions WTF?????

This is absolutely spite.

Gokuisthebest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the thing one-shots

Avatar image for deactivated-6108c6c162ecc
deactivated-6108c6c162ecc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pikachu wins

Avatar image for deactivated-62bb20d3566c2
deactivated-62bb20d3566c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

All jokes aside, I honestly don't know who wins. Sentry is an overrated character and I'd place him close but below Hulk/Thor tier. I've seen most of his feats and I don't find his consistent ones very impressive. Not saying Thing wins for sure or wins at all at though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonathancarlton said:

Unkillable man who is stronger than World War Hulk vs killable man who is weaker than Savage Hulk. Really? Sentry will try his best to pull his punches just to kill Thing in return.

Sentry isn't stronger than WWH, Hulk was holding back in that event against everyone. Not to mention Sentry's consistent feats don't put him really anywhere near that level. Sentry also isn't unkillable.

Karkus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#38  Edited By Karkus

This looks like solid intent right here.

3 punches from Voidtry can't bust through Sue's shield expanded over the planet. Now, let's see how ThingOAA does against her shields.

Thing completely busts through in 3 punches (notice how the upper left panel of the first scan mentions how her shields are stronger the smaller they are)

Disbelievers will probably want a more current instance, so here.

Thing takes several punches from Current She Hulk (she's been amped by a celestial for a bit now) while she punches through Sue's shields without even trying (Sue also later nearly kills herself restraining her for a few seconds after Mantis removed her pain inhibitors)

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonathancarlton: Sentry had claimed to Hulk that he wasn't holding back against him in that event, and he still lost. If we are going by consistent feats like encounters against people like Jim Hammond, Savage Hulk, Red Hulk, Hercules he can't even bother people like Molecule man. Thing has even hurt him in the past too.

No Caption Provided

Sentry/Fantastic Four

I don't think saying everytime Sentry doesn't stomp Molecule man or fight Galactus to a standstill is enough of a reason to say Sentry wasn't at his best. He's a high tier but isn't above that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12: Hulk held back against everyone during World War Hulk, even against Sentry, he stated this to Dr Strange during Heart of the Monster. I'm not sure why you said Thor is overrated as well, is it because I said he was close to but below Hulk/Thor? This is Sentry vs Thing, not Sentry vs Thor. Once again like users have said previously, Sentry has great showings against people like Terrax, Molecule man, WWH etc but he also has tons of feats that would place him below that levels and way more might I add, he struggled with Namor twice, got bloodied by Iron man, beat by Absorbing man (although he won the first fight to be fair to Bob) hurt by Savage Hulk and stalemated by him, struggled with Rulk, one shot by Thor, struggled with Jim Hammond etc

I'm not trying to lowball Sentry, I like him and he's decent. I just strongly disagree with him stomping Thing or being above WWH.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Thing, obviously.

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Underfire47

I do hope people know that during Siege most of the feats Sentry preformed were while under the influence of the Void, particularly stuff like beating Molecule Man(who was weakened) blowing up Loki, destroying Asgard, etc... other than that he honestly didn't preform any higher than he usually does, apart from Thor one-shotting him briefly, for instance he had a fight with Namor where he failed to put Namor down and just flew away with Namor still standing and you can't argue that he didn't give Namor a few good hits yet there Namor is standing perfectly fine

Listen i get it, Sentry is meant to be really powerful, unfortunately his feats don't really help him, especially since all of the really impressive ones(apart from his fight with Photon) come while he is under the influence of the Void. Also please don't use contextless statements like he beat/fought Galactus, Spiderman or the Human Torch can legit say they've beaten Galactus in the past but then when you look at the context of how he was beaten, how starved he was, how many characters it took to beat him, suddenly it makes sense like how Nate in another instance stated he and Sentry fought Galactus so it's no longer just Sentry and i like Nate but i know he definitely doesn't have the power to stand up to even a fraction of a normal Galactus.

So Sentry can say anything he wants, hell he can even say that he is "the most powerful being in existence"

No Caption Provided

And then in the same comic get stalemated off-screen by Savage Hulk

So lets tone down the hyperbole please.

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12: He later as WBH acknowledges that Sentry is a lot stronger than others he fought, so he did not really hold back against Sentry by any meaningful amount, and Sentry was also geting unstable and all that, which counters even that point even more, they where near equals

Can you tell me where did Hulk acknowledge that Sentry is a lot stronger than others he fought? Because i can't remember any such instance, the only time he remarks about who he fought is that time he re-emerged after Banner became the Hulk again

No Caption Provided

And that one other time where Banner actually mentions Hercules was one of the only people on the planet that had a tiny chance of taking out Hulk

No Caption Provided

Other than that, i don't remember any time Hulk/Banner acknowledged any of the people they fought or who beat who or who was how much powerful, etc..

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By takenstew22  Moderator

@jonathancarlton said:

Unkillable man who is stronger than World War Hulk vs killable man who is weaker than Savage Hulk. Really? Sentry will try his best to pull his punches just to kill Thing in return.

How is he stronger than WWH when he only stalemated him?

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12 said:

@underfire47: Part where he says " and Sentry himslef", to me that seems like a clear acknowledgment that he is above others

Eh.... that's a bit of a stretch, but ok. He also says he beat Sentry and i know most Sentry fans like to say how they either stalemated, so sure i don't think Sentry isn't the most powerful there, well except for ZomStrange.