Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#304  Edited By Static Shock
@Enzeru said:
You're both wrong.
Opinions aren't meant to be right. I guess that makes you wrong, too. 
Avatar image for enzeru--defunct
Enzeru--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#305  Edited By Enzeru--defunct
@Static Shock said:
Opinions aren't meant to be right. I guess that makes you wrong, too. 
My opinion is that Nightwing is a way cooler character then Batman, even though others will think differently and I would never try to reason with them.

The fight between the Silver Surfer and the Sentry ending in a stalemate or in favour for the Sentry is something else. 
And no, it's not fanboy'ism.
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#306  Edited By Saren

Surfer wins, better than Sentry at everything except the immortality, and that's not going to be an issue.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#307  Edited By Killemall

@czarny_samael666 said:

Surfer. Easily, out or in morals - doesn't matter. Out of morals: Surfer - speedblitz. In morals: Sentry is too unstable to even give him a fight. Besides... Sentry at best is planet buster by energy projection. Surfer is muuuuuch above this. A specially that he can just absorb Sentry's energy. Sentry isn't immune t matter manipulation. Void had mm, but still on lesser level than Surfer has. He loses in every category with Surfer. It is a stomp.
EpitomeofCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#308  Edited By EpitomeofCool
@JThree47693 said:
I would give this to Surfer.
Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309  Edited By buttersdaman000
@Enzeru said:
@god_spawn said:

@Static Shock said:

Silver Surfer wins.

Co-signed.

You're both wrong.
Are you serious....... 
Can the Sentry ever lose in your mind? 
unopen7639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#310  Edited By unopen7639

sentry wins cause he has the power of 500 million stars.

Enzeru--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#311  Edited By Enzeru--defunct
@buttersdaman000 said:
Are you serious....... Can the Sentry ever lose in your mind? 
Yes, I am serious. A stable Sentry isn't losing to the Silver Surfer. 
It's differently for an unstable Sentry who would lose to Rorschach, just because he wears a hat and a coat like the Void sometimes.
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312  Edited By buttersdaman000
@Enzeru:  
There is no way SS is losing to the Sentry, they are on two different levels 
Enzeru--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#313  Edited By Enzeru--defunct
@buttersdaman000 said:
@Enzeru:  There is no way SS is losing to the Sentry, they are on two different levels 
You're judging that only by feats and you should not do that always.
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314  Edited By buttersdaman000
@Enzeru said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@Enzeru:  There is no way SS is losing to the Sentry, they are on two different levels 
You're judging that only by feats and you should not do that always.
Why? Do you judge by the potential or "intent" of a character?   
This is a battle forum, we judge by feats, statistics, or any other conclusive evidence. If Sentry hasnt shown it, he cant do it. If his feats dont stack up, he loses. Simple as that.  
If we all went by the images of our favorite characters we see in our heads, Then Superman would be laying the smackdown on SS and the Annihilators right now single handily............... 

Sentry loses
Enzeru--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315  Edited By Enzeru--defunct
@buttersdaman000 said:
Why? Do you judge by the potential or "intent" of a character?   This is a battle forum, we judge by feats, statistics, or any other conclusive evidence. If Sentry hasnt shown it, he cant do it. If his feats dont stack up, he loses. Simple as that.  If we all went by the images of our favorite characters we see in our heads, Then Superman would be laying the smackdown on SS and the Annihilators right now single handily............... 
Judging by feats and ignoring the intent of a character is not always the way to go, because then you're being ignorant. 

Silver Surfer has indeed more feats then Sentry. Does that automatically make him the more powerful character? 
Now, keep this in mind ... A stable Sentry = Void in terms of power.

- What about Thor? He has more feats then the Sentry, but yet he was still never able to defeat him. 
- Thor has also more feats then the Silver Surfer? Is he the more powerful character, because of that? 
- Silver Surfer has also more feats then Galactus. Is he more powerful then Galactus? No he is not. Why not? Because Galactus can defeat the Silver Surfer?
- Spider-Man has more feats then Firelord. Is he the more powerful character? No? But he defeated him before. 

Judging by feats is not always possible as you can see, since the writers like to ignore moments in the past. And of course, you're going to love this one right now, since you can use it against me, but I'm still going to say it ...

The Molecule Man...
Back then he was one of the most powerful beings in the Marvel universe. After the retcon he lost a lot of his power, since his origin was linked back to a cosmic cube, but he was still so powerful that he was affecting many galaxies and even various timelines in his fight against the Beyonder after the retcon. And he never got depowered again.
Many people like to think that because of his appearance during the Dark Avengers, where he actually never inteded to destroy someone else besides the Sentry, so he wasn't showing his full power. In fact he was actually quite desperate and only searching for friends, even apologizing to the Sentry because he wanted them both to be friends.
He still never losted his powerlevel and hit the Sentry with everything he got directly - in a clear shot. 
He still lost the fight and stated before that he never experienced something like Sentry's molecules before. 

The Molecule Man after the retcon. Do you see the Silver Surfer as being more powerful then the Molecule Man? Do you see Galactus as being more powerful then the Molecule Man? 
No and no. A fully fed Galactus would be able to go toe on toe with the Molecule Man, but a starving and a mid-fed Galactus? No. 

I will always agree that both the Molecule Man and the Silver Surfer have a better experience in using the molecular manipulation then the Sentry, but when it comes to raw manipulative power then the Sentry and the Void have the edge and that small part is deciding about the outcome of the battle.  
It's a common mistake that only the Void can use matter manipulation. The Sentry can use it too and did it before. He just didn't want to use it to it's full extent, because he didn't want to be God for the people and have to save them all. 

The Sentry was created to be more powerful then many of the common heroes and he was. 
He was the only one who was able to go toe on toe with the Void. And in the beginning the Void was a dark entity who scared the crap out of everyone. When he appeared, heroes were afraid - they knew they could die in the fight.
And as I'm always saying it ... Not even characters like classic Thor and classic Dr. Strange were able to defeat him easily. You can read it in "Sentry VS Void". In terms of the Sentry many things were between the lines and you had to think about it. Seeing Strange going away from the battlefield and searching for Reed Richards, who doesn't know him and has to ask him if he is Stephen Strange includes that it was in a time before they knew each other. Before they formed the Illuminati. A time where Dr. Strange was far more powerful. And he also said that Sentry was always too powerful for certain types of magic.

If they say twice that Sentry stalemated Galactus, then it's up to you if you believe it or not. But if his dark part has the power to defeat the Molecule Man, then Sentry could also have the power to stalemate Galactus. Not a fully fed - that would be pathetic. Even a mid-fed would be very dangerous, because of Galactus' reality warping powers.

Sentry has so many powerful abilities, but yet he didn't showcase them often.
He can go intangible, can even contain cosmic cubes - his strenght, durability and his energy output scale with his mental stability and I also think that it was stated that no one can do anything telepathically to him if he doesn't wish to. He also can't die if he doesn't wish to. He can teleport - escape Microverses and even different realities. 

And everything scales with his mental stability.
If he is mentally stable then the Void has no chance to take over and has to reform himself as a separate entity (as seen in Sentry V1 + V2).
If he is mentall unstable, he starts struggeling with the Void who starts taking over and once  the Void is in control it's the same powerlevel like if Sentry would be stable, but many people fail to realize that.

I'm not trying to force you into an opinion. If I say that someone is wrong about it, then I'm not trying to put my opinion above theirs. I'm just hoping that they think twice about the entire story.
I - who had nearly every single of Sentry's appearance in front of his eyes - know about the powerlevel of the character if written propperly and given the opportunity to showcase it.

Sentry has the powerlevel and I like him as a character.
I also despite him as the rape-victim he has become after Bendis started writing him and that's the version most of the people know about, without ever reading Sentry's two comic books.
Bendis, the god damn, bold son of a bitch (I apologize to everyone who is under 18) was writing the Sentry totally out of character. He totally forgot everything Jenkins was trying to showcase to give the Sentry a lot of credit and make him work.
Bendis totally ignored the fact that the Sentry was a man full of skill, determination and competence and turned him into a mental nut-case, who had to ask Norman Osborn if killing is a bad thing, even though Sentry can read minds and should be able to know what Osborn was really into - and the fact that Sentry was someone with genius level intelligence who wouldn't have to ask between right and wrong, yet he still did it and since he was never retconned, it looked like his mental problems were the reason for it.
And I'm gladly taking making giving them the fault instead of Bendis, because I don't even want to think about that pathetic loser, who gets way too much credit from Marvel. 

Yeah, the Silver Surfer would be able to defeat the mental nutcase, if the Void doesn't appear (who randomly has a weakness to magic during the Siege, even though he didn't have it in his fights against Dr. Strange and who also gets smashed by the Helicarrier, even though Sentry and the Void can become intangible) ...
But if the Silver Surfer faces a stable Sentry who is in full control over his powers, then there is no was Silver Surfer would be able to stomp.

My opinion stays. Out of "respect" for both characters: It ends in a stalemate, but ...
If the Sentry would have to take the Silver Surfer out, he would be able to do that.
If the Void would face the Silver Surfer and have to take him out to protect himself, he would be able to do that.
Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry, that I've didn't read all Your points Enzeru, but one tihng:

Surfer can't lose in Astral Plane. IMO this is a retcon, but still it stands since Power Cosmic comes from Astral Plane.  Only possible action would be running from there, but Void/Sentry doesn't know that he have to run.  And even if he would know it, he doesn't have greater TP feats then Surfer. They are probably in the same level in TP feats (since Sentry can resist Void and Void is above Emma and Profesor X), but it any battle against Surfer without TP immunity (or being, let say Skyfather level) have to end as a lost.

Avatar image for high_revolutionary
High Revolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Czarny is right about the Astral plane.

In this battle, Surfer would win. But it would be harder than most would say.

stu630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318  Edited By stu630

iam just really sad that terrax is what he is now...he could easily be one of the top marvel villain.

Enzeru--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319  Edited By Enzeru--defunct
@czarny_samael666 said:
Sorry, that I've didn't read all Your points Enzeru, but one thing: 

That's a pity, but okay :-)

Surfer can't lose in Astral Plane. IMO this is a retcon, but still it stands since Power Cosmic comes from Astral Plane.  Only possible action would be running from there, but Void/Sentry doesn't know that he have to run. 

It's debatable if the Sentry would be stuck in the Astral Plane if he was in full control over his powers.
And yeah, the Surfer can't lose in the Astral Plane, but the Sentry also can't die and also probably not be captured against his will.
After all he managed to escape few other scenarios.

And even if he would know it, he doesn't have greater TP feats then Surfer. They are probably in the same level in TP feats (since Sentry can resist Void and Void is above Emma and Profesor X), but it any battle against Surfer without TP immunity (or being, let say Skyfather level) have to end as a lost.  

Please don't laugh about me right now, since I'm going to say ... Galactus stalemate :-|
If the Sentry really had a fight against Galactus (and two persons in the Marvel universe stated it), then he should have a pretty strong telepathy to withstand Galactus' telepathic abilities.

Besides that, you're right of course. Sentry is a powerful telepath.

• After all, he erased the minds of all people on the world (and he didn't need any tech for that). Even people like Dr. Doom, Professor X, Emma Frost, Jean Grey and so on were affected by the mind erasing and the Sentry didn't do it only once. I can count at least three times!
  • He managed to telepathically overpower the Savage Hulk and to resist Void's attacks, who was also capable off mindraping the Hulk. Sentry also mindraped people and inflicted his memories into the minds of others. 
  • Dr. Strange, who also had some powerful feats in affecting the minds of others also failed to mentally restrain the Sentry with black magic.
  • If I remember correctly, then Emma Frost had to ask for Sentry's permission to go into his mind. Even later on after Emma Frost built a white room in Sentry's mind she needed Xaviers help to gain access to the White Room (and only the white room and not Sentry's mind) and calm the Sentry down who was beating the crap out of Namor.
  • After she was done the Void attacked her and she had to stay in her crystal form for a while to avoid a complete takeover.
  • Noh-Varr who was also in Sentry's mind had to flee after a short amount of time, since he was afraid of the Void who is deep down in Sentry's mind. Since Norrin also had few problems in the past with his life ... I wonder if he would be able to face the Void in the pits of Sentry's mind and get confronted with empathy which would show him all the suffering in his life.
  • Besides that I remember Moonstone being immune to telepathy if she turns intangible. Wouldn't that count for the Sentry too, since they're using the same technique to do so? But that's less of a problem since phased characters normally can be hurt by energy.
I personally don't believe that it would end in a mind-rape by the Silver Surfer. I don't see telepathy being used in that fight at all, since both of the characters have their respective telepathic feats.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320  Edited By Static Shock
@Enzeru said:
My opinion is that Nightwing is a way cooler character then Batman, even though others will think differently and I would never try to reason with them. 
Your point? You think the Sentry and Silver Surfer will stalemate. I'm not trying to reason with you, either. See how that works? 

@Enzeru said:
The fight between the Silver Surfer and the Sentry ending in a stalemate or in favour for the Sentry is something else. 
Which is still, very much, an opinion.  

@Enzeru said:
And no, it's not fanboy'ism.
I didn't say it was. 
jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321  Edited By jashro44

@Enzeru: The galactus feat was off panel all we know is sentry stalemated him with the help of x-man.We really don't know how or what level of hunger he was at. We have no clue if sentry resisted a telepathic attack or not.

Avatar image for high_revolutionary
High Revolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

I can't remember what the name of that guy with the weird helmet was who beat up the Sentry, Avenger and Blue Marvel...any help?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#323  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@High Revolutionary: Anti-Man.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#324  Edited By Saren

Surfer kills Sentry. Sentry isn't better than him at anything.

chriconz123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325  Edited By chriconz123

Sentry isn't in Norin's level. -____-

Suiken_Seiji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#326  Edited By Suiken_Seiji

Silver Surfer, by a long shot.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327  Edited By termiteone4ever

Now is its todays Sentry surfer wins but back when he was powered up. I dont know About the surfer beating him there is a reason why marvel didnt let those Two meet .

chriconz123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328  Edited By chriconz123

@termiteone4ever said:

Now is its todays Sentry surfer wins but back when he was powered up. I dont know About the surfer beating him there is a reason why marvel didnt let those Two meet .

Sentry would just get raped.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#329  Edited By Saren

@termiteone4ever said:

Today's Sentry is dead. Today's Surfer is depowered, but alive. So.......win?

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Enzeru :

0.I was after two-day party, that is why I've didn't read whole Your post, sorry.
1.About TP: Surfer has to use his best power. And since there is a way to fight in way he can't be defeated - it is this. It is not like, there are real TP feats that can beat Surfer, not because Surfer's are so great, but because that is how Marvel Universe work. Power Cosmic user can't be defeated there.

(Here are answers to other arguments:) 
2.I know Sentry's fight with Photon and I know that Absorbing Man had great feats. The point was, that I don't belive that Absorbing Man is easily a star buster(in drainning way), so Your point about drainning can stand, if You can prove that Absorbing Man has greater absorbing/drainning feats than Surfer. And Surfer drained Hulk with one motion.
3.Molecule Man was shown as a lesser mm than Surfer. But if You can something opposite (please, with telling me in what year they were published) - I would be very glad.
4.I hope You're not talking about Cosmic Cube-Absorbing Man thing. IDK other Sentry's issues with CC.
5.About stats: 
A.Reaction speed.
Sentry doesn't have FTL reaction speed. He catched bullet that was fired by Void, which is something about microsecond reaction speed. Surfer has nanosecond one (and I'm not talking about travel speed!). 
Surfer wins in this part.
B.Strenght.
Post-A Surfer one-shotted Thor from Canncerverse, stomped BRB, blocked Mjolnir with his board. Sentry's best fights without using other powers (as he should) was against WWHulk, maybe The Collective.  Collective depends on energy, so we barely know how to use it as an argument about Sentry's strenth (it is rather argument about energy projection and durability to energy projection/manipulation). 
Another win for Surfer.
C.Durability.
Sentry's best feat to strength is again WWHulk fight. To energy projection/manipulation Photon one and The Collective again. Surfer easily destroyed planet with ravenous on it and survieved it without any harm. Nova Prime with full Nova Force in his fists (!) was only able to make Surfer a little intrested.
Surfer wins. Again. 
D.Other powers.
Surfer has plenty of them, all of what Sentry has and more.  Like time manipulation, Cosmic Awareness, offensive telepathy, etc.
E.Experience.
Sentry isn't experienced fighter in normal battle, nor in TP. Surfer fought with Thor,BRB,other versions of Thor, Hulk, Planet Hulk, Ravenous, all heralds, Odin, Tyrant, Galactus, Messiah Cable, Mephisto, Proemial Gods, Annihilus, Annihilus' army, Magus army, Lord Mar-Vell, Elders of Universe, Thanos, Godess, Deathruge, Doom and many others. He knows every possible way of using his own powers and all kinds of attacks. He has Cosmic Awareness, which gives him anykind of information that he needs about Sentry. 

So Surfer is better in everything, has better stats, feats, more battles behind him (won and losed), powers and showings.
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331  Edited By Saren

I finally got down to reading Marvel Knights: Sentry and I was stunned by how much it just disregards large parts of Marvel's history.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#332  Edited By termiteone4ever

@CitizenBane said:

@termiteone4ever said:

I see you are been technical but in that case Surfer wins.

Enzeru--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333  Edited By Enzeru--defunct
@CitizenBane said:

I finally got down to reading Marvel Knights: Sentry and I was stunned by how much it just disregards large parts of Marvel's history.

You ... You ... Y ... You ... You ... Y ... You ... You didn't ... like it ...?
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334  Edited By Saren

@Enzeru said:

@CitizenBane said:

You ... You ... Y ... You ... You ... Y ... You ... You didn't ... like it ...?

It was okay, but it threw away decades of continuity just to try and make Sentry look cool.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335  Edited By isaac_clarke

@CitizenBane said:

@termiteone4ever said:

He is depowered if you outright ignore what Galactus tells him about being tethered to Earth and his appearance in FI: The Deep.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336  Edited By Saren

@isaac_clarke said:

@CitizenBane said:

@termiteone4ever said:

He is depowered if you outright ignore what Galactus tells him about being tethered to Earth and his appearance in FI: The Deep.

My bad.

I'm saying that a lot these days.

Enzeru--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#337  Edited By Enzeru--defunct
@CitizenBane said:

It was okay, but it threw away decades of continuity just to try and make Sentry look cool.
Well, that's one of the things which were always controversal about the Sentry. 
If you look at the entire story as an actual event in the Marvel universe, then it's as it is. He was the first and he was Reed's best friend.
If you're superficial, then you look at the the whole story as something simply wanted and written by a guy named Paul Jenkins who ignored that Ben was always Reed's best friend and put him behind the Sentry.
I'm always looking at it from the first point. They're all characters in a fictional Universe which exists for them and that's the best way for me to look at it and passivly accept what the writer wanted. 

But could you now also see that there was indeed something behind my: "classic Dr. Strange had problems with the Void"? 
Of course I don't believe that he should have too many problems judged by his feats in the past, but it's still a fact that Strange didn't even try to fight against the Void and went straight ahead to Reed and searched for a different solution. 

However ... back to the changing of the continuity. It's as it is as you know that and believe me - him being a forgotten hero is the best explanation you can get for the changing of the continuity of the characters, since there were other take on's.
No Caption Provided
 I'm still trying to find out if the Age of the Sentry (his Golden Age / Silver Age adventures) was canon or not - I would say it was canon.
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#338  Edited By Saren

@Enzeru said:

@CitizenBane said:

Well, that's one of the things which were always controversal about the Sentry.
If you look at the entire story as an actual event in the Marvel universe, then it's as it is. He was the first and he was Reed's best friend.
If you're superficial, then you look at the the whole story as something simply wanted and written by a guy named Paul Jenkins who ignored that Ben was always Reed's best friend and put him behind the Sentry.
I'm always looking at it from the first point. They're all characters in a fictional Universe which exists for them and that's the best way for me to look at it and passivly accept what the writer wanted.

But could you now also see that there was indeed something behind my: "classic Dr. Strange had problems with the Void"?
Of course I don't believe that he should have too many problems judged by his feats in the past, but it's still a fact that Strange didn't even try to fight against the Void and went straight ahead to Reed and searched for a different solution.

However ... back to the changing of the continuity. It's as it is as you know that and believe me - him being a forgotten hero is the best explanation you can get for the changing of the continuity of the characters, since there were other take on's.
No Caption Provided
I'm still trying to find out if the Age of the Sentry (his Golden Age / Silver Age adventures) was canon or not - I would say it was canon.

The thing that really stood out for me was the fact that pre-2000, there really was no place for the Sentry in Marvel. The Avengers' history and the MU history had been established and enmeshed so much that a major hero suddenly appearing out of nowhere wouldn't have been able to fit in, much less become one of their main heroes. So they just created the character, dumped a lot of feats on him and tried to explain away his sudden appearance by saying "He was always there, they just forgot about him all this time". It doesn't sit well with the MU.

Enzeru--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#339  Edited By Enzeru--defunct
@CitizenBane said:

The thing that really stood out for me was the fact that pre-2000, there really was no place for the Sentry in Marvel. The Avengers' history and the MU history had been established and enmeshed so much that a major hero suddenly appearing out of nowhere wouldn't have been able to fit in, much less become one of their main heroes.

And that's the reason why he probably never will return again to the Marvel universe, even though they really like to revive characters after a while.
But Sentry is simply too powerful for superhero teams and additionally to that, he isn't even needed on the Marvel earth. They have enough "powerhouses" there and now even the Silver Surfer will be playing for a time alongside them.

Sentry could work as a hero in the space and meet the Annihilators, Skrull, Kree, Thanos and so on, but I personally would have my problems with that, since he was the perfect hero in my opinion for the Marvel earth. If you ever read his second Volume, you will maybe come to understand why.

So they just created the character, dumped a lot of feats on him and tried to explain away his sudden appearance by saying "He was always there, they just forgot about him all this time". It doesn't sit well with the MU.

Yeah, that's what splits the fans.
Some people hate the entire idea behind it, while some thing that it was brilliant.

I think that it was brilliant - the most introduction into the comics ever. Even though it was heavily based on Miracleman's story. If you know few things about the Miracleman, then you also see why Sentry is basically based on him and not Superman.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340  Edited By Static Shock
@Enzeru said:

I disagree. IIRC, Mr. Fantastic stated otherwise at the end of the series. He said it was just a fairy tale or something, right before he put Franklin to bed.  
Avatar image for thespiritstalker
TheSpiritStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Surfer has many more options he outclasses sentry

CHARMINOO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#342  Edited By CHARMINOO

It does not matter which I like the most... I have to say Sentry

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#343  Edited By XiiX

Surfer.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#344  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Static Shock said:

The Surfer. Beating Terrax doesn't mean anything here.
Avatar image for the_mighty_beyonder
the_mighty_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

please guys use more subjective discussion instead of fun boyz talk.

Silver Surfer has the power cosmic wich gives him multitude of powers and technics from matter and energie manipulation to speed and time travel, but also the Sentry has great power, matter manipulation and multitude of other technics, they are both great powerhouse caracters. to find out who's stronger we need to look to facts:

silver surfer is stronger than hulk, stronger than WWH even thanks to his energie manipulation he can just absorbe the gamma energie and use it, in the other hand the sentry barely stood in the same level of WWH with his full power, BUT THAT FULL POWER HE DID HAVE HASE CHANGED HE EVOLVED KWONING THAT THE VOID IS PART OF HIM HE FOUND OUT THAT HE HAS GREATER LEVEL OF RAW POWER, the prouve is the events happenning after his fight with the hulk, he beated Terrax like he was nothing, than he revived him self and beated the hell of Morgan Le Fay one of the greatest sorceress ever, than he revived his wife and beated Molecule man in his own game. Molecule man who was stronger than Cosmos and Kubik two powerful cosmic cube beings.

So what is the conclusion:

1- the sentry was evolving into a more powerful being than he was in the past, and his death was two soon because he was still discovering his powers wich were infinite

2- sure he died by a lighning blow of thor, but that's because he wanted to, he commited suicide by the hands of thor

3- SS is indeed one of the most powerful mortal superheroes, but surely he's weaker than a cosmic cube.

4- the sentry > Molecule man > cosmic cube (cosmos and Kubik) > Silver surfer > WWH

GhostRider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346  Edited By GhostRider2

@the_mighty_Beyonder:what?Silver Surfer mops the floor with Superman, what makes you think Sentry even stand a chance?And welcome if you are new.

ghost_rider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#347  Edited By ghost_rider1

Silver Surfer ftw

the_mighty_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@GhostRider2: thanx!!

As i explained, the surfer is strong but he still a mortal and herald of galactus, and all heralds of galactus are weaker than cosmic cub being like Kubik, cosmos and the shaper of worlds,

in the other hand the sentry has proven to be able to cheat death several times and has beaten moleculeman who is much much stronger than both cosmos and kubic and still the edge of his power is unknown, and he died very early because of his sick mental, so hte sentry is sure to be stronger than SS

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#349  Edited By JamesKM716

The Surfer

the_mighty_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it would be even more intriguing but true to put it like this:

the sentry > Molecule man > The shaper of worlds > Kubik > Odin > Cosmos > Silver surfer > WWH > Thor

so, even if i personally like the SS, but the sentry is far away more powerful than silver surfer