@Vance Astro said:
"Look by his head. "
Looks like it went over his head.
#153 Posted by vance_astro (90095 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @Vance Astro said:
"Look by his head. "
Looks like it went over his head. "
There's two going toward his head.There's one that clearly goes over his head and one under it.
#154 Posted by Static Shock (53021 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" There's two going toward his head.There's one that clearly goes over his head and one under it. "
It's a very vague showing of intangibility. Not very detailed.
#155 Posted by IZZR (4890 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry absorbs cosmic energy whereas silver surfer has a huge yet limited supply of it its a tough one as they are my two favorite characters but sentry takes this after a long fight.

Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
#156 Posted by Donovan Montgomery (5752 posts) - - Show Bio

Not holding back I go Surfer finishes it quickly without laying a hand on Sentry :P
#157 Posted by Ziro (1357 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer.
#158 Edited by Klandicar (2403 posts) - - Show Bio

Guys, I know a lot of people don't use the sun check yet but I think we should.  If we had to quantify Surfer's powers into stars (the size of our sun), how many would he have you think? 

World War Hulk also humiliated Surfer, but when Sentry attacked him it was more even.

#159 Edited by OhTru (1603 posts) - - Show Bio
@Klandicar said:

"  If we had to quantify Surfer's powers into stars (the size of our sun), how many would he have you think?  "

During his life he might have the energy of one Sun, no more than two very small stars. A 'Sun' is not the best way to quantify because they all come in different temperatures and sizes  

No Caption Provided

So one Thousands of our Suns and Earth might one be equal to One star like Rigel

and if you think stars like Rigel and Arcturus are giants
Wait until you see the red giant 'Betelgeuse'

No Caption Provided

a vid to compare the planets and suns

So I wouldn't really define him by one star or two stars or whatever

Also Surfer's power is not just 'muscle' , he's a swiss army knife

He can trap people in his board
Surfer is much faster than Sentry
Can go intangible, can alter people's density  
Can soul punch, attack people's astral form
Can attack on two fronts, head on and sucker punch people from behind by mentally commanding his board
Silver Surfer has telepathy
#160 Posted by Morpheus_ (34432 posts) - - Show Bio

World War Hulk also humiliated Surfer

Proof that you never read the comic. WWH used a diversion to break the Surfer's obedience disk. Until that point, Hulk had agreed the Surfer would have killed him and his comrades on strength alone, if given one more opening. Hulk started pounding the Surfer once the Surfer had stopped fighting, and was expressing his gratitude for being free. The punches did not KO him either, because he freed Hulk and the other gladiators in the arena and lead them to safety. In the aftermath, he commented how much more weakened he was by merely remaining on Sakaar. And he still matched Hulk on strength alone.

Do us all a favour and stop posting, please.
#161 Posted by Klandicar (2403 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:

"

Proof that you never read the comic. WWH used a diversion to break the Surfer's obedience disk. Until that point, Hulk had agreed the Surfer would have killed him and his comrades on strength alone, if given one more opening. Hulk started pounding the Surfer once the Surfer had stopped fighting, and was expressing his gratitude for being free. The punches did not KO him either, because he freed Hulk and the other gladiators in the arena and lead them to safety. In the aftermath, he commented how much more weakened he was by merely remaining on Sakaar. And he still matched Hulk on strength alone.

"
Warbound had to pull Hulk off Surfer when Surfer was unresponsive, that is a KO in a cage fight when the ref pulls the guy off the fallen opponent.  It was over, Hulk won, just accept it.

During his life he might have the energy of one Sun, no more than two very small stars. A 'Sun' is not the best way to quantify because they all come in different temperatures and sizes  

So I wouldn't really define him by one star or two stars or whatever

Also Surfer's power is not just 'muscle' , he's a swiss army knife

He can trap people in his board
Surfer is much faster than Sentry
Can go intangible, can alter people's density  
Can soul punch, attack people's astral form
Can attack on two fronts, head on and sucker punch people from behind by mentally commanding his board
Silver Surfer has telepathy 

I see, but Sentry is said to have a million supernovas (exploding suns) and now he has molecular manipulation.  That may spell trouble if Surfer only has around one or two suns.
#162 Posted by Morpheus_ (34432 posts) - - Show Bio
@Klandicar said:
" @Morpheus_ said:

"

"
Warbound had to pull Hulk off Surfer when Surfer was unresponsive, that is a KO in a cage fight when the ref pulls the guy off the fallen opponent.  It was over, Hulk won, just accept it.

"
The Surfer had stopped fighting. Accept that you lied once again, and move on. And no, KO = knock out. You tried to distort evidence yesterday when I clearly showed Thanos knocked out, you cannot distort it yet again, because the Surfer freed Hulk and his comrades immediately afterwards. Had he been KOed he couldn't/wouldn't have. It's perfectly simple, pup. Just accept it, and stop wasting my time.
#163 Posted by the creator (8570 posts) - - Show Bio
@OhTru:
I think a comic book writer would likely use our sun as a point of power reference because he limited data, by comparison, on stars from other solar systems.
#164 Posted by Morpheus_ (34432 posts) - - Show Bio
I have grown weary of the entire "sun check" thing. It was funny at first, but not anymore.
#165 Edited by Klandicar (2403 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:

" @Klandicar said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

"

"

"
The Surfer had stopped fighting. Accept that you lied once again, and move on. And no, KO = knock out. You tried to distort evidence yesterday when I clearly showed Thanos knocked out, you cannot distort it yet again, because the Surfer freed Hulk and his comrades immediately afterwards. Had he been KOed he couldn't/wouldn't have. It's perfectly simple, pup. Just accept it, and stop wasting my time. "
He was KOed and hurt because Warbound had to pull Hulk off of him and Surfer was laying there unresponsive.  Just because he woke up doesnt mean he wasnt out.  Sometimes a KO only lasts a minute, sometimes a couple seconds.  Show the whole fight if you want to debate it, but Hulk did put him down when I read it.

@OhTru:
I think a comic book writer would likely use our sun as a point of power reference because he limited data, by comparison, on stars from other solar systems.

You make a good point, but it is possible he also has access to different types of suns.  I wouldnt count out that the void has some variety.  It could have given Sentry many types of stars at his disposal.  Plus every time he uses a star it is probably burning out the one he is drawing power from.   If Sentry was literally using our sun then he might kill the Earth, so I think he draws on them from other solar systems/galaxies.
#166 Posted by the creator (8570 posts) - - Show Bio
@Klandicar said:
He was KOed and hurt because Warbound had to pull Hulk off of him and Surfer was laying there unresponsive.  Just because he woke up doesnt mean he wasnt out.  Sometimes a KO only lasts a minute, sometimes a couple seconds.  Show the whole fight if you want to debate it, but Hulk did put him down when I read it. "
Perhaps you should think about this before you post anything on Thanos again.

#167 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23226 posts) - - Show Bio

Question - since when do we take cues from UFC on what constitutes a knock out? Did Dana White buy Marvel? Was he on the writing staff at the time?

#168 Edited by Morpheus_ (34432 posts) - - Show Bio
@Klandicar said:

" He was KOed and hurt because Warbound had to pull Hulk off of him and Surfer was laying there unresponsive.  Just because he woke up doesnt mean he wasnt out.  Sometimes a KO only lasts a minute, sometimes a couple seconds.  Show the whole fight if you want to debate it, but Hulk did put him down when I read it. "

I don't want to debate it, because it is something evident. I'm not going to teach you how to read comics, sorry. You can't have it both ways - yesterday you said Thanos was lying with his face on the ground thinking his strategy, now you say the Surfer was KOed because he was unresponsive to the Hulk hitting him? The Surfer had stopped fighting once he thanked Hulk, and later on he was lying hurt, but not knocked out. Why is that so difficult to accept? And at no case, did Hulk humiliate him as you posted earlier, because the damage was caused after the Surfer had no wish to fight further (it was superficial anyway, seeing that the Surfer was alright a few pages later, and had completely recuperated when he was seen talking to the Hulk before leaving Sakaar)- that's a suckerpunch, not humiliation. And you convenienetly failed to mention that the Surfer had no access to the power cosmic during that fight, and was relying solely on his physical abilities. At any case, I have no interest to debate with you further, but exaggerated, vaguely defined posts are bound to elicit a response.
#169 Posted by the creator (8570 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut said:
"Question - since when do we take cues from UFC on what constitutes a knock out? Did Dana White buy Marvel? Was he on the writing staff at the time? "

It only applies in the mind of one person here.
#170 Posted by Morpheus_ (34432 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut said:
" Question - since when do we take cues from UFC on what constitutes a knock out? Did Dana White buy Marvel? Was he on the writing staff at the time? "
I don't know, it's a mystery.
#171 Posted by OhTru (1603 posts) - - Show Bio
I kinda get where you are coming from but Sentry is not SilverAge Superman, he has absolutely no feats to call himself SilverAge Superman
The Sentry has 2 or 3 impressive showings, every other time he's either getting beat down by Herc, outsmarted by Ironman or mentally screwed over by Dr Doom or a Skrull or something 

Jenkins and Lee might have wanted a Silver Age Superman but they didn't get it, Sentry would have to spend the next 5 years pulling off one crazy high end feat after another before he calls himself a Silver Age character
9 times out of 10 the Sentry gets owned

@Klandicar said:

"
He was KOed and hurt because Warbound had to pull Hulk off of him and Surfer was laying there unresponsive.  Just because he woke up doesnt mean he wasnt out.  Sometimes a KO only lasts a minute, sometimes a couple seconds.  Show the whole fight if you want to debate it, but Hulk did put him down when I read it.

"
Listen to what you're saying
Hulk didn't even fight Surfer, he fought a guy called "Silver Savage"
Why?

Because everytime the Hulk and Surfer fought the Surfer would utterly humiliate Hulk, he would take Hulk's best shots, the Surfer would sometimes even beat the Hulk back with pimp smacks, start lecturing Hulk or maybe even act like his therapist and at the same time Hulk would be getting seriously owned. 
The writers found no concievable way Hulk would actually win against Surfer so they completely depowered Surfer. No flight, no speed, no energy attacks, no telepathy.
Surfer only had access to his strength

They gave Hulk a bunch of buddies to back himself up, the Hulk's entourage are all gunned up, the Hulks possé are watching Hulks back
 his homeboys are also attacking Surfer and even then Hulk almost got himself killed fighting an absolutley broken Surfer who basically turns up in battle on a wheelchair and Hulk amost lost

Then you have Hulk vs Sentry
Sentry has full access to his energy, his strength, his super speed...this is a Sentry going all out. Hulk beats him down
#172 Posted by glforthewin (2386 posts) - - Show Bio
surfer would total sentry to m any powers for him to contend with. 
#173 Edited by OhTru (1603 posts) - - Show Bio
@glforthewin said:

" surfer would total sentry to m any powers for him to contend with.  "

Well Sentry beat Molecule Man 
and "molecules" were kinda Molecule Man's thing

so the Sentry kinda is full of PIS, he's a plot device

sometimes he's Silver Age Superman other times he gets owned by Herc

I say Surfer takes the majority here
#174 Posted by Stormultt (5479 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't talk about marvel.s second fabio OK!K!K! 

i say surfer 6/10
Avatar image for emerald_general_jai
#175 Posted by Emerald_General_Jai (2480 posts) - - Show Bio

SS

#176 Posted by vance_astro (90095 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry puts Silver Surfer in the Walls of Jericho.

#177 Posted by BatDance (2249 posts) - - Show Bio
Sentry is too slow

@Vance Astro said:
" Not a single one of those scans show anything that proves Sentry loses. "
Which scans?
#178 Posted by BIackFlash (1937 posts) - - Show Bio

@Alberic said:

" @OhTru said:

" After Sentry's Molecule Man showing I think he can pull off an upset
A full power stable Sentry starts doing Silver Age stuff and has the power of plot

Molecule Man >Surfer
Red Hulk > Surfer

Sentry wins with a plot device  

"
This make sense, Sentry wins "

starting to make sense

power of plot

Bendis also says Sentry is connected to God and Moses

@Vance Astro said:

" SS is overrated. "

Bendis is giving Sentry new powers every couple of weeks

All Vance's dreams are coming true, Sentry will be even stronger than Pre Crisis Darkseid, stronger than Silver Age Superman and even stronger than Galactus
#179 Posted by council elite (600 posts) - - Show Bio

idk, this tough cause surfer could disintegrate sentry, but sentry would just reform. then surfer would do the same thing, but so would sentry, & so on. so it would probably last forever.

Avatar image for supermandefender
#180 Posted by supermandefender (2170 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on who is writing the comic. If its the same writer that had Sentry ripe the God of War in half like paper ill go Sentry but any normal day.....Im going with Surfer. Only because Surfer owns Hulk....Hulk beat Sentry. Surfer can drain Sentrys powers but not depower him. I dunno. I can see Sentry taking Surfer down but my gut is saying Surfer takes this 1.

Avatar image for supermandefender
#181 Posted by supermandefender (2170 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on who is writing the comic. If its the same writer that had Sentry ripe the God of War in half like paper ill go Sentry but any normal day.....Im going with Surfer. Only because Surfer owns Hulk....Hulk beat Sentry. Surfer can drain Sentrys powers but not depower him. I dunno. I can see Sentry taking Surfer down but my gut is saying Surfer takes this 1.

#182 Posted by Surge2477 (1118 posts) - - Show Bio

Based on the poor writing we've seen involing the Sentry/Void, the surfer wins. Although said to have an potentailly unlimited power set, Sentry exhausted his energy while fighting WWH in a poorly written battle between th e two. And in the Seige ending, a full powered Void was turned back into Robert Reynolds after being hit by a shield helicarrier. Thor killed him with a lightning attack. So based on the poor & crap writing of a being said to have stalmated Galactus, he seems rather weak. 

So based on actual feats & not hyperbole, The Surfer wins. He has so many ways to win. If a shield helicarrier will trigger a transformation from Void to Reynolds, then he has no chance vs the Surfer as his energy blast can destroy a planet. He can easily absorb the energy that fuels the Sentry/vOID. Sentry can't just blow up Surfer or manipulate his molecules because Surfer has complete control of his structure. Based on all we've seen, this isn't really a fair battle.
Avatar image for emperorvulcan432
#183 Posted by emperorvulcan432 (248 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Mjolnir Wielder:
spiderman has too many webs in his brains than
#184 Posted by Ferro Vida (34317 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer curbstomp.

Avatar image for the_mjolnir_wielder
#185 Edited by The Mjolnir Wielder (8467 posts) - - Show Bio
@emperorvulcan432 said:

"@The Mjolnir Wielder: spiderman has too many webs in his brains than "

So you decided to bump a year-old thread just to post that?
#186 Posted by spiderpigbart (2716 posts) - - Show Bio
@emperorvulcan432 said:
" @The Mjolnir Wielder: spiderman has too many webs in his brains than "
I wouldn't say that.  He has a really high IQ.  I think it might be possible that Sentry caused him to remember that incorrectly.  
#187 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7186 posts) - - Show Bio

how strong is current silver surfer compared to terrax and is sentry voided or not
#188 Posted by Silver2467 (16759 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer stomps Sentry/Void any day. 

#189 Posted by OldIdiotAccount (4910 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ferro Vida said:
" Surfer curbstomp. "
#190 Posted by Surge2477 (1118 posts) - - Show Bio

the sentry/void was reverted back to a human by a sheild heli carrier impact (poor writing for a being said to have stalmated galactus), an attack that the surfer would've ignored. Surfer has easily beaten more powerful beings then the sentry/void. The surfer has enough power to obliterate a planet & if a helicarrier explosion & thor's lightning attack was able hurt the sentry/void, then I don't see how this thread has lasted this long.  

Silver Surfer 10/10
#191 Posted by JThree47693 (2721 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thor's hammmer said:
"how strong is current silver surfer compared to terrax and is sentry voided or not "

Current Surfer would destroy Terrax
#192 Edited by Morpheus_ (34432 posts) - - Show Bio
Surfer has already demolished Terrax. His upgrade isn't necessary.
#193 Posted by emperorvulcan432 (248 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Mjolnir Wielder:
yesh 

#194 Posted by emperorvulcan432 (248 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus 
so are u saying the surfer can beat the sentry?
#195 Posted by Morpheus_ (34432 posts) - - Show Bio
@emperorvulcan432 said:
" @Morpheus 
so are u saying the surfer can beat the sentry? "
No, I'm saying he can beat Terrax without trouble seeing that he did it all the while earthbound. 

But since we are at it, yes, he can beat the Sentry.
#196 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7186 posts) - - Show Bio
@Surge2477 said:
"the sentry/void was reverted back to a human by a sheild heli carrier impact (poor writing for a being said to have stalmated galactus), an attack that the surfer would've ignored. Surfer has easily beaten more powerful beings then the sentry/void. The surfer has enough power to obliterate a planet & if a helicarrier explosion & thor's lightning attack was able hurt the sentry/void, then I don't see how this thread has lasted this long.   Silver Surfer 10/10 "

Thor has beaten classic surfer anyway and bill was still strong enough to hurt Silver Surfer
#197 Posted by SilverGalford (3422 posts) - - Show Bio

stalemate,  i think
#198 Posted by JThree47693 (2721 posts) - - Show Bio
@SilverGalford said:
"stalemate,  i think "

How 
#199 Posted by BattleMage (1197 posts) - - Show Bio

Split

#200 Posted by Hellos (8886 posts) - - Show Bio

Either way Thor fried him with a magic thunder bolt as Voidy tenticle Sentry, Norrin should be capable of the same.     

@supermandefender
said:

"Depends on who is writing the comic. If its the same writer that had Sentry ripe the God of War in half like paper ill go Sentry but any normal day.....Im going with Surfer. Only because Surfer owns Hulk....Hulk beat Sentry. Surfer can drain Sentrys powers but not depower him. I dunno. I can see Sentry taking Surfer down but my gut is saying Surfer takes this 1. "

Ares isn't anywhere close to the same durability as Norrin, much less strength and speed.