Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#803 takenstew22  Moderator

@finner said:

Sentry, he's beaten Thor, Surfer hasnt

When has Sentry beaten Thor? And just because Norrin hasn't doesn't mean he can't.

UltraPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takenstew22: Pretty sure only DSS beat Thor, and he isn't even being used here.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#805 takenstew22  Moderator

@takenstew22: Pretty sure only DSS beat Thor, and he isn't even being used here.

Exactly. Plus the fights against Thor and Surfer have context that alot of people for some reason like to ignore.

TheBooyZz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#807  Edited By TheBooyZz

@maalik: @baldur_odinson: @professorrespect:

I'm not sure what you people are trying to pull here, frankly I dont give a damn.

Maalik, you weren't really in the picture, I doubt you actually know why the other two responded to me.

Anyways, the other two people:

You had this to say:

Reboot? Sentry first appeared in 2000 lol. If you are referring to the interview Stan Lee (who didn't have anything to do with the character) did where they hyped him up and said the design was based around "forgotten concepts created before the Fantastic Four" that was just fake hype to get people interested, as well as a sneaky reference to Sentry in universe being a 60's hero that erased himself from history with Reed tech.

As I have said, I dont consider myself knowledgeable on any comicbook character; this was established. I said that there was a sort of reboot to defend the fact that he was never exclusively based off of superman-instead being based off of an earlier version of himself.

I misdated the Sentry-you took this as a chance to try to clear things up but it didnt work. All you really did was insult Stan and his business, please dont say "I was stating fActS th0", you could've worded that a lot better if your intentions were in my best interest. Anyways, y'all were most definitely right. Idk where I pulled this shit from; guess I saw some older comics with a character that looks just like him idk. Regardless, y'all know you should've been clearer about what you were trying to get me to recognize. I ended up having to search the facts up myself. My mistake there.

Also, if its true that Stan or whoever it was thought of this Sentry, I feel like my initial statement about Sentry is correct: He's not a copy of superman, Just better and not as basic so people feel entitled to say he is too much like superman.

I'll try harder next time..

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

RobertMiles1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the silver surfer is far more powerful and a much better designed character than that stupid superman ripoff

Baldur_Odinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebooyzz: You make it sound like we were attacking you. We were simply correcting you. Nothing wrong with that.

Maalik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebooyzz: They were just trying to correct you cuhz.

TheBooyZz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebooyzz: You make it sound like we were attacking you. We were simply correcting you. Nothing wrong with that.

I can handle being insulted or corrected. The problem was that I thought u were trying to take jabs at a dead man.

@maalik said:

@thebooyzz: They were just trying to correct you cuhz.

You were the rudest one, how are you gonna say "who gon tell him"? I felt dumb asf before u jumped in-it was a mistake-I just misdated a character and got him confused with another character.

Cognitive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surfer did a lot better against Knull, he stomps.

Maalik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebooyzz: Its not that deep cuzzo, the way you doubled down on your position made me feel comfortable sayin it like that. My bad G

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surfer stomps.

Wesat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surfer stomps

Karkus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#817  Edited By Karkus

Surfer did a lot better against Knull

Karkus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry VS Knull:

No Caption Provided

Dying Surfer VS Knull:

No Caption Provided

Same writer too.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#819 takenstew22  Moderator

Silver Surfer still stomps Sentry.

Corvus123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thing solos

Avatar image for dimlylitlantern
DimlyLitLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karkus: To be fair, Knull took advantage of the fact that Sentry had Void within him while Surfer does not have such a weakness.

Karkus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dimlylitlantern: Knull was able to absorb the Void after he ripped Sentry in half, but there isn't any proof he got Void to rip Sentry in half or something. Plus, Surfer was dying when he fought Knull.

Avatar image for dimlylitlantern
DimlyLitLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karkus: I felt it was implied that Knull was manipulating Void from the inside as well, which was why Sentry states, "No... The Void... You'll release him and--". Stable Sentry normally does not have to worry about Void overcoming him when someone hits him too hard. Besides, healthy Surfer wasn't able to do much to Knull in his fight either besides make him bleed a bit.

Karkus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dimlylitlantern: It boils down to how you interpret the page tbh, since there isn't any other information we have. And true, Surfer didn't do much, but he still did better than Sentry/

Avatar image for deactivated-603b4f7d38d2b
deactivated-603b4f7d38d2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surfer stomps.

Avatar image for deactivated-6492584c7b507
deactivated-6492584c7b507

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Silver Surfer stomps.

SonOfMadara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unless you've read a decent amount of Sentry's stories and understood all the context around them, it's impossible to weigh in on his battle threads

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#831 takenstew22  Moderator

Still Surfer. Everything you need to know is on the last couple pages of this thread.

heiqn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Surfer stomps. Sentry is so overrated, he doesn't even have a proper planetary feat to begin with.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#834  Edited By rajjarsalt
@heiqn said:

Surfer stomps. Sentry is so overrated, he doesn't even have a proper planetary feat to begin with.

Didn't he destroy a planet with Genis Vell

I also recall there's an on panel statement of both men spitting out the power to shred worlds while holding back

heiqn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt: Microverse stuff has so many inconsistencies. That's why I said "proper"

heiqn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#837  Edited By heiqn

Beta Ray Bill doesn't have proper planetary feats neither. WoG answer implies it was smaller than Earth which means it's moon level in VSB standards. No one sentry Scales is Star level (Surfer), including Thor

No Caption Provided
Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#838  Edited By Lilbroomstick

Surfer beats Sentry, and could beat Thor even easier tbh

Alisupo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SS.

heiqn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heiqn said:

Avatar image for mightythorodinson
MightyThorOdinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sentry

Atrocitus001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Silver surfer can take this since sentry has been owned by other top tier who lack the power cosmic, also marvel characters are so much inconsistent with their powers, most are dubbed 'immortal' as they can't be killed and the only way to die is if they choose to yet they easily lose battles to other top tiers and other beings weaker than them.

Atrocitus001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zi721: but if Surfer has near unlimited power that means he's got limited power, the power cosmic he possesses is only a fraction of galactus', on the other hand, Sentry is stated to possess unlimited power and he can't be killed unless he 'choses to' (still find this statement stupid) thereby giving him a slight edge to win against SS. Remember Sentry is the pinnacle of all marvel's supermen(excluding BM) and was created to answer the OG supes as all other copies had fallen short in doing so. Sentry ftw although with high-diff.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#845  Edited By PyroFN
@atrocitus001 said:

@zi721: but if Surfer has near unlimited power that means he's got limited power, the power cosmic he possesses is only a fraction of galactus', on the other hand, Sentry is stated to possess unlimited power and he can't be killed unless he 'choses to' (still find this statement stupid) thereby giving him a slight edge to win against SS. Remember Sentry is the pinnacle of all marvel's supermen(excluding BM) and was created to answer the OG supes as all other copies had fallen short in doing so. Sentry ftw although with high-diff.

Okay, you don’t seem to recognize what Hyperbole means. In no way is Sentry unlimited in power.

The man does not need to die to lose. Just be ko’d. And by all accounts, Knull did show that by extracting the Void, Sentry will be killed.

He has used up all his power before in a fight with World-War Hulk and been ko’d by Carol Danvers amped by a thermonuclear missile (which is less powerful than the Silver Surfer).

Sentry is far from unlimited. He barely qualifies as a cosmic-level threat. Silver Surfer wins.

Atrocitus001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: I see your point, but hasn't surfer also struggled with other weaker herald counterparts like Terax?.

Also, during the Annihilators saga he had low showings while taking down alien foes.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atrocitus001 said:

@pyrofn: I see your point, but hasn't surfer also struggled with other weaker herald counterparts like Terax?.

Also, during the Annihilators saga he had low showings while taking down alien foes.

No he didn't to neither, Annihilators had him beat the shit out of Ravenous, a guy who would legitimately kick Rob's ass anyday of the week with either planet busting output or just punching him to death. There's no reality on this Earth where Sentry is better than Surfer. If you want to go down the "low showings" path Sentry isn't looking better.

Unrequited1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surfer should win here in a really tough fight.

Surfer, high diff

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surfer should win here in a really tough fight.

Surfer, high diff

Nah Surfer wrecks in a minute

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#850 takenstew22  Moderator

Surfer still.