User Lists: 6

fabulousness17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@king_stranglehold_da_first:

Almost all of this is you trying to prove that the Sentry is the same as the Void, which is what I said from the beginning. I will answer the extra stuff you said.

I said from the first scan that by FEATS, Void is more powerful. I know they are the same person but Void has been shown to be more powerful. Heck, he hasn’t even been beaten unless the Sentry has something to do with it.

My fault about the second part. It was actually the Void that said he can do whatever the Sentry can’t.

The Void in New Avengers also had a physical body, and the fight took place in the real world. However, it was still just an aspect of the Sentrys mind.

Of course Sentry can stop the Void, it is an aspect of himself. Why do you keep bringing this up? I never said otherwise. I said that by feats, Void has shown to be more powerful.

What powers does the Void have? Molecule Manipulation on a higher level than Molecule Man. Heck, not a single person in all of marvel has controlled Molecule Man’s own molecules like the Sentry did when he was tapping into the Void. So Sentry has that ability?

I already said that the Void is apart of Senty’s mind and I even gave you an example. Why do you keep bringing this up?

How am I wrong about the New Avengers arc? I have the entire fight right in front of me. The Void only disappeared when the Sentry remembered who he was.

The Void was already out way before Emma entered the Sentrys mind. He wasn’t released when she entered. Not sure where you got that from.

This was my very first post to you:

I know the Void is an aspect of the Sentry's imagination, however, he has shown a different powerset, and he has shown to basically be unbeatable (so far).

So please don’t act like you are teaching me anything. Void defeated Molecule Man (multiversal feats); he was beating the fantastic four, the avengers, the x-men, the inhumans, black bolt, SS Strange, Spiderman, and all of shield combined. He also destroyed all of Asgard plus avengers who were amped and other people, he has broken every bone in the Hulks body while Sentry was just standing there, Void has never been solo’d (except by himself aka Sentry), and even teams have fallen to him (unless Sentry has intervened).

Sentry has been stalemate by Hulk, owned by Punisher, rocked by She Hulk, owned by Hurcules, owned by Torch, Blue Marvel, etc etc.

Bottom line is, Void is consistent and it a force while Sentry isn’t close.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#553  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

Most of this post is full of speculation, soft wanking and I don't know where you're coming at with some of the flip flopping. You claim you already agree that the two are no more powerful than each other, but then say the Void is stronger than the Sentry or shown to be. But most importantly it seems you are keep ignoring the key about HOW their powers work and to be honest its getting annoying.

@fabulousness17

I said from the first scan that by FEATS, Void is more powerful. I know they are the same person but Void has been shown to be more powerful. Heck, he hasn’t even been beaten unless the Sentry has something to do with it.

Again by FEATS it can be argued that Sentry has the better feats... Lets look at their biggest feats.

Void's biggest feats

1. Killed Loki
  2. Ripped Ares apart
  3. Mind f*cked Hulk's and Spidey's mind
  4. Sole'd a large team during New Avengers
  5. Sole'd the Avengers during Siege(though there were no powerhouses)
  6. Overwhelmed Thor in strength
  7. Broke savage Hulk's bones.

Sentry's biggest feats.

1. Erased everyone's memories on Earth and also the Inhumans
  2. Beat Molecule Man who sole'd the Dark Avengers
  3. Did better against the Collective who sole'd the Avengers and even Binary who is a planet buster
  4. Overloaded Absorbing Man
  5. Fought Photon in the Microverse and their energies were destroying worlds, while they were still holding back (and Sentry's energies kept on growing)
  6. Easily beat Terrax a planet buster
  7. Beat Void TWICE
  8. Contained cosmic cube

If anything Sentry has the more high end feats, if we want to go by feats. And who cares if Void has been shown to be "more powerful". The Void is a VILLAIN and more ruthless than the Sentry. So of course the Void is going to look "better" than the Sentry who freaking holds back. But more importantly during the first volume where the Void was soloing many heros, the Sentry was said to be the only one that can stop him.

The Void in New Avengers also had a physical body, and the fight took place in the real world. However, it was still just an aspect of the Sentrys mind.

No it was an aspect of BOB's MIND... Due to his mental state not really being there. How many times do I have to repeat that BOB IS THE HOST. He is the one who is really in control. Sentry and the Void are NOT the same, they are two different personas of Bob.

Of course Sentry can stop the Void, it is an aspect of himself. Why do you keep bringing this up? I never said otherwise. I said that by feats, Void has shown to be more powerful.

Again just shows you skimmed over my post and didn't bother to read through what I was saying. Sentry and Void are both personas of Bob, but they AREN'T the SAME. The Void is as aspect of Bob, NOT the Sentry...

And if Void is shown to be more powerful then why did he get beat by Sentry TWICE under the pen of their creator Paul Jenkins? I'll take Paul Jenkins over you.

What powers does the Void have? Molecule Manipulation on a higher level than Molecule Man. Heck, not a single person in all of marvel has controlled Molecule Man’s own molecules like the Sentry did when he was tapping into the Void. So Sentry has that ability?

No this is just fan wanking by certain Sentry fans that out of nowhere became a popular talking point. The Void has no shown that he has a higher Molecule Manipulation than Molecule Man. This is getting ridiculous. This was already debunked by Marvel's top editor Tom.

http://www.comicvine.com/sentry/4005-1454/forums/the-sentry-vs-molecule-man-is-he-multiversal-1691067/

I'm not going to delve into that.

And no you only have speculation that Sentry was "tapping into the Void's powers" which is also ridiculous as there is no proof. Molecule Manipulation is SENTRY's powers. It always has been and even his own creator explained that in a tweet. I'm also not going to delve into this as it has already solidified that MM is a power of Sentry during Uncanny Avengers when he constructed sand people to attack Wasp. Deathseed Sentry who has NO Void.

I go deeper in depth here.

http://www.comicvine.com/sentry/4005-1454/forums/myth-is-the-void-more-powerful-than-the-sentry-1688977/

I already said that the Void is apart of Senty’s mind and I even gave you an example. Why do you keep bringing this up?

Do you read what I post?

How am I wrong about the New Avengers arc? I have the entire fight right in front of me. The Void only disappeared when the Sentry remembered who he was.

The Void was already out way before Emma entered the Sentrys mind. He wasn’t released when she entered. Not sure where you got that from.

Again do you read what I post. Read through the comic again, because you're thinking of BOB(host) NOT the Sentry. The Void only disappeared when BOB REMEMBERED who he was. You know Bob who's mental state has an effect on both the Sentry's and Void's power levels?

And who said the Void was released when she entered? Are you paying attention to this discussion? I said Emma entered Bob's mind to try and make him remember who the Sentry(good persona), by doing that it would bring some sanity to Bob and thus get rid of the Void. That is why the Void "disappeared", like I said a million times Bob is the host who Sentry's and Void's powerlevel depends on...

I know the Void is an aspect of the Sentry's imagination, however, he has shown a different powerset, and he has shown to basically be unbeatable (so far).

*Sigh*

No for the millionth time, Void is an aspect of BOB's imagination. NOT Sentry's. How the heck can a imagination be an aspect of another imagination???? Please do some more research on the Sentry character...

So please don’t act like you are teaching me anything. Void defeated Molecule Man (multiversal feats); he was beating the fantastic four, the avengers, the x-men, the inhumans, black bolt, SS Strange, Spiderman, and all of shield combined. He also destroyed all of Asgard plus avengers who were amped and other people, he has broken every bone in the Hulks body while Sentry was just standing there, Void has never been solo’d (except by himself aka Sentry), and even teams have fallen to him (unless Sentry has intervened).

No you're clearly new to this character.

1. No the Void was not fighting Molecule Man(and saying Void or Sentry beat MM at multiversal level is just fanwanking), it was Sentry. Why the heck would Void who is evil tell Molecule Man to fix everything. Void is literally a personification of nihilism. As for the "black eyes" I already addressed that tons of times especially in the thread I linked to you.

2. Those heros he fought were holding him off until Emma would fix Bob's mind. Even so like I said Void is a VILLAIN unlike the Sentry. He doesn't back. Plus the Sentry took on the Collector who solo's the Avengers and Binary(who's a planet buster). He also beat Void who solo's many heros during the first volume. Sentry also fought Photon who both of them were "destroying worlds" in the microverse, Photon who was soloing the Avengers, while the Sentry was the only one that could fight him. To me that's much better than what Void did in New Avengers. No that's better than almost all of Void's feats.

3. He destroyed all of Asgard and was beating the Avengers? Cool, he's a villain. Sentry on the other hand beat Molecule Man who was soloing the Dark Avengers. Again there is no evidence that it was the Void.

4. Wow Void broke the bones of a Hulk who was basically acting like a child(literally) during that run. Mind you it was in the negative zone where the Void is said to be strongest, stronger than Sentry. Your point? Meanwhile a mentally unstable Sentry was able to stalemate with World War Hulk, one of the strongest versions of Hulk.

Anymore? Plus you keep bringing up Void only being "solo'ed" by the Sentry only proves that there is no proof that the Void was meant to be written more powerfully than the Sentry.

Sentry has been stalemate by Hulk, owned by Punisher, rocked by She Hulk, owned by Hurcules, owned by Torch, Blue Marvel, etc etc.

Bottom line is, Void is consistent and it a force while Sentry isn’t close.

Wow its really getting hard to take your argument seriously, especially after this!

1. Sentry didn't get owned by the Punisher, he was freaking holding back! And smacking Punisher around and toying with him. Punisher only escaped by tricking the Sentry by saying he had a bomb across the city making the Sentry leave their confrontation. Sentry didn't even have an intent to kill Punisher, but capture him alive for Osborn.

2. A mentally unstable weaker Sentry stalemating with one of the most powerful versions of Hulk is no means unimpressive. The writer of WWH himself even said Sentry during the story was mentally unstable and was losing control of his powers due to being mentally unstable. Heck there is this thread that elaborates on that in more depth...

http://www.comicvine.com/sentry/4005-1454/forums/why-sentry-was-weakened-during-the-world-war-hulk--1616734/

Plus Sentry already beat regular Hulk before during his first volumes. And rather easy.

3. Sentry wasn't even trying to fight Hercules in that encounter.

4. Sentry didn't get owned by Blue Marvel, suckered punch into orbit but then came back one shotted Blue Marvel. But more importantly he wasn't even letting loose like he did in World War Hulk.

5. The fact you brought of the Torch instance proves I can't take your argument seriously or that you even read Sentry comics. The Torch situation was an act of PIS. Yeah the Sentry who has went inside the sun more than once...No..No...The Sentry who can absorb solar energy is goes into a frenzy after getting lit of fire. *facepalm*

6. As for the thing with She Hulk, read the freaking comic.

Yeah a sucker punch when Sentry wasn't even looking after he threw her miles away. Then after the sucker punch Sentry is already up and rocks her and then gets her away from everyone. Plus throughout it all Sentry wasn't even trying to fight her, nor was he even aggressive. See that's the thing your not getting. Sentry(a hero) unlike the Void HOLDS BACK for the most part(excluding ripping Carnage). But more importantly of course the Sentry would have more low showings than the Void, the Sentry has more appearances than him in comics. Also throughout the Sentry's career, the only time we've seen him at his strongest or Bob mentally stable is during the first two volumes of his miniseries. Seriously like I said research some more of this character, but some things you posted are just lacking.

Once again. BOTH Sentry and Void are Bob(host), but BOTH Sentry(good persona) and Void(evil persona) are not each other. Just like Gray Hulk and Savage Hulk are NOT the same people, but are both Bruce Banner.

And again the Void has not been shown or created to be more powerful than the Sentry, especially not by his own creator since the Sentry has beaten Void twice. Again Void's feats "look better" due to him being a villain that would literally destroy all life. But if we compare their high end feats, Sentry has the better ones.

Anyways I'm getting tired of explaining myself and dropping out of this argument, because I already explained everything here in full depth.

http://www.comicvine.com/sentry/4005-1454/forums/myth-is-the-void-more-powerful-than-the-sentry-1688977/

Explaining how their powers work and how neither are more powerful than the other.

As for feats are already made a known respect thread full of their feats so you can be the judge...

http://www.comicvine.com/sentry/4005-1454/forums/the-sentryvoid-capabilitypotential-thread-1685936/#26

I'm done.

Newblood2333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_stranglehold_da_first: I'm on my phone now so let's take this one at a time.

It comes down to this:

Why would you think Sentry beating Molecule Man Sentry's feat? He wasn't able to affect MM until He accessed Voids powers. His eyes turning black is a clear indication of this.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_stranglehold_da_first: I'm on my phone now so let's take this one at a time.

It comes down to this:

Why would you think Sentry beating Molecule Man Sentry's feat? He wasn't able to affect MM until He accessed Voids powers. His eyes turning black is a clear indication of this.

Read this thread I linked.

http://www.comicvine.com/sentry/4005-1454/forums/myth-is-the-void-more-powerful-than-the-sentry-1688977

I'm not going over something I went over a thousand times. Theres a thread, you @fabulousness17 take your arguments there.

fabulousness17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_stranglehold_da_first: Just read your capabilities thread on Sentry. You seriously know your stuff. You should of just sent me a link to that lol

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_stranglehold_da_first: Just read your capabilities thread on Sentry. You seriously know your stuff. You should of just sent me a link to that lol

I did a bunch of TIMES... O_o

Anyways I apologize if I came off as rude or aggressive. I tend get like that when discussion the Sentry since he's been my favorite comic character since 2008...

And thanks.

fabulousness17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OOCMikey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still Sentry

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

Going with Sentry after a good fight.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry.

Even one of his author's outright said he was more powerful than SS or Thor.

xxironspiderxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#562  Edited By xxironspiderxx

@the_mjolnir_wielder: lol terrax takes out xmen. Which lineup ? The Beast, archangel, classic iceman, teen jean and teen cyclops. Real impressive bud ??

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Silver Surfer.

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 3

KingZod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#565  Edited By KingZod

could go either way

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry in a close fight

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#567  Edited By HighAccuser

The Surfer can do this

Darth_Nimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Silver Surfer wins, in a close fight.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

This is not Death Seed Sentry. This is normal Sentry. That means it depends on who will destroy the other one first.

willy_pingtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Silver Surfer for the win

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this is not a close fight... not sure why it was bumped? i though @lvenger had already taken care of this argument

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Writer already said Sentry > SS or Thor

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

this is not a close fight... not sure why it was bumped? i though @lvenger had already taken care of this argument

If there's one thing I've learnt about the Sentry side it's that their idea of how powerful Sentry is will never go away no matter how convincing the argument to the contrary.

Jenkins hasn't written for Sentry in years and Bendis is about as consistent with power levels as Donald Trump is on making Mexico pay for this wall of his. His Sentry got taken out with a helicarrier for goodness sake.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Surfer wins this

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:
@warlockmage said:

If there's one thing I've learnt about the Sentry side it's that their idea of how powerful Sentry is will never go away no matter how convincing the argument to the contrary.

@green_skaar said:

Jenkins hasn't written for Sentry in years and Bendis is about as consistent with power levels as Donald Trump is on making Mexico pay for this wall of his. His Sentry got taken out with a helicarrier for goodness sake.

Writer statement > you

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:
@warlockmage said:

@green_skaar said:

Writer statement > you

Feats> Writer Statements and Sentry doesnt have em

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@lvenger said:
@warlockmage said:

@green_skaar said:

Writer statement > you

Writer presentation>writer statement>you.

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Assuming Silver Surfer doesn't forget all of his abilities then I'd back him.

ILostTheKey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zansuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#581  Edited By Zansuke

@green_skaar:

Then Silver Surfer writers would say the same thing about Surfer being more powerful.

One writer's opinion is not canon. The creator or Surfer would argue other wise that Surfer is more powerful.

If Sentry has the power of one million suns... But Surfer can withstand big bang level explosion... That clearly is a statement that Surfer is more powerful.

I like Sentry... But only in his Void or Death Seed Sentry forma can he beat Surfer.

AbelHsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In basic form, if Norrin is out of character, blood lusted and determine to kill, then he could win fairly easily to be hnoest.

But in my opinion Norrin isn't beating Death Seed Sentry or Void.

Avatar image for don_higashikata
Don_Higashikata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#583  Edited By Don_Higashikata

Usually Surfer would stomp but these days he's like a pot smoking hippy, a pacifist

If we use Sentry with the Death Seed who can stomp Thor, is immortal, etc. then he can win against relaxed Surfer who don't want no trabble... but Surfer seems to have more direct combat abilities. Who knows what could happen

ginman333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Post DSS Sentry? Sentry stomps. Normal form? SS stomps.

Eazy154

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both have the same powers to me. The surfer has more fights against super powered foes.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

Avatar image for deactivated-6021b09dd509c
deactivated-6021b09dd509c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Surfer should beat Sentry if he isn't jobbing.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

One could make a great case for sentry in vs hulk or Thor but here ss wins

GothamKnight7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I say Silver Surfer, because he could most likely go back in time and prevent Sentry from becoming Sentry.

He will most likely go back in time and destroy him before he gets his powers

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanwithatan01 said:

Since he's pretty much the most powerful herald of Galactus I'll go with this.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I say Silver Surfer, because he could most likely go back in time and prevent Sentry from becoming Sentry.

That kind of stuff doesnt apply. If it was allowed, then all it does is cause the fight to not happen... which is the exact opposite of the point of this thread.

Likewise, one character leaving the fight to go off to another time, or wherever, also goes against the spirit of the fight... since it's assumed that neither combatant can just run away. They must stay and fight. Attempting to leave is basically an automatic disqualification.

Avatar image for rampagethefirst
RampageTheFirst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surfer and it's not even close.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers