Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By willpayton
No Caption Provided

VS

No Caption Provided

Random encounter, in character. Start 100m apart in space near the Moon. Maxima is pre-52 version.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By XiiX

Maxima. Outclasses Sentry in every department.

OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By OmegaDynasty

Maxima. 
Unless Void is involved.  

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Maxima has an edge because her telepathic/telekinetic powers. Sentry has an edge because of the matter manipulation. Can go either way

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jayfournines

Wouldn't Void come forth if Maxima attempted to mess with Bob's mind?

Spartan101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Spartan101

@Jayfournines: i was thinking this,im not sure how much maxima is above robert in terms of speed,strength etc,without void its close imo,with void its a no brainer.

spawn_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By spawn_123

Maxima

jackofspades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jackofspades

Sentry easy the only way maxima beats supes is because he dont like to hit women sentry does not have that problem

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#10  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@matchesmalone21 said:

Maxima has an edge because her telepathic/telekinetic powers. 

How is that an edge? Have you ever seen what happens to someone who enters Sentry's mind by force? It's not good for them.
YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By YoungJustice

Maxima

TitanTempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By TitanTempest

Maxima

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jayfournines

I'm going with Sentry on this one

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By Killemall

@Jayfournines said:

Wouldn't Void come forth if Maxima attempted to mess with Bob's mind?

Well people have tried to enter Sentry's mind by force and just started shaking in fear of what they saw, so i am assuming that was the Void.

Also we have a clear indication that Emma Frost was unable to enter Sentry's mind before he himself allowed, so telepathy isnt really going to help against Sentry.

That being said Maxima is likely physically stronger, given that she has held her own against Doomsday. .

@OmegaDynasty said:

Maxima. Unless Void is involved.

This!

Spartan101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Spartan101

@Killemall: yeah true maxima traded blows with dd and its a great feat,but didnt sentry also tanked blows of wwhulk and even made a smile with it,pretty even{ish} maybe?

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Killemall

@Spartan101 said:

@Killemall: yeah true maxima traded blows with dd and its a great feat,but didnt sentry also tanked blows of wwhulk and even made a smile with it,pretty even{ish} maybe?

Problem is he never actually hit World War Hulk and ended up getting KOed at the end, he has also lost to Thor, mocked around by Hercules (who while incapable of harming him greatly physically, was mocking him) and he has way many defeats than victory.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro: You forgot when she mindrape a quantum-energy-enhanced Booster Gold? or when she incapaciated Orion? You forgot the Psi-Bolts? Maxima has an array of telepathic/telekinetic powers,using her psi-bolts vaporized people,hurt popel like captain Marvel,Captain Atom,Superman and Powergirl,not mention she owned Brainwave II in a Astral lane combat....

@Killemall: I still think she has an edge,Maxima isn't only restrain to teleapthy,but also an array of others psionic abilities..she doesn't need to enter in his mind to attack it,PSi Bolts and also she is capable to create avatars hich possessed powers similar to her own

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
_Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By _Black

Maxima. Probably stronger, plus has telekinesis and psi-bolts that have brought Orion to his knees.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By nefarious

Maxima wins.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#20  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@matchesmalone21 said:

@Vance Astro: You forgot when she mindrape a quantum-energy-enhanced Booster Gold? or when she incapaciated Orion? You forgot the Psi-Bolts? Maxima has an array of telepathic/telekinetic powers,using her psi-bolts vaporized people,hurt popel like captain Marvel,Captain Atom,Superman and Powergirl,not mention she owned Brainwave II in a Astral lane combat....

1.Last I checked no version of Booster Gold has mental defense..Sentry does. 
2. No, I didn't forget about Psi-bolts, I just didn't get why you thought telepathy would matter when it hasn't worked for other characters. According to what has been stated and shown for the Sentry you can't enter the Sentry's mind without him letting you.
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Killemall

@matchesmalone21 said:

@Killemall: I still think she has an edge,Maxima isn't only restrain to teleapthy,but also an array of others psionic abilities..she doesn't need to enter in his mind to attack it,PSi Bolts and also she is capable to create avatars hich possessed powers similar to her own

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I would disagree, Sentry for one has never been shown to be vulnerable to mental attacks, apart from being emotionally weak and unstable which by itself is his character flaw rather than a telepathic weakness. Telepathy doesnt really work on him anyways, unless he opens up his mind, at least that's how he was portrayed While i am not sure how far Maxima would rate against say Emma Frost or Prof X, they need Sentry to open his mind to enter it, we also know sentry somehow erased himself from everyone's mind. So saying Sentry would lose because of a telepathic bolt or psionic abilities, sounds a little hard to justify. Also if they could take Sentry out using telepathic abilities, i would assume that would be the first thing they would have done when Void started soloing both Avengers and X-men together, instead of getting into Sentry's mind (with his permission) and making him calm down.

That being said, i outright stated i think Maxima would win, while we don't know what Sentry's true potential is when he is not mentally unstable, and likely we shall never no, his normal feats are not as good as Maxima (assuming most of her feats are something similar to her going toe to toe with Doomsday).

Also you gave Sentry an advantage on molecule manipulation, which is not something Sentry would use "in character" and we dont even know if it was him or Void who used it against Molecule Man (we know it was Void who used it against Loki and i dont think there has been a third used of molecule manipulation in a fight). His molecule manipulation powers are a little iffy to be used in a battle, since we dont know how well he handles it (assuming Void isnt involved).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro: Sorry,when I said she would use telepathy against him? Because I didn't say anything like this,okay..I didn't say she would enter in his mind. and you're diminish her capacity to only two things,she can do more than telepathy and telekinesis. Just because other characters use teleapthy against him and proved to be less effective,doesn't mean she can't affect him,he isn't immune. ABC logic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Killemall: I didn't say he would loses and never implied this,I cited because it can harm Sentry and everyone just talk about 10% of her powers,forgetting the rest. As I said she has an array of psionic abilities,for Sentry handle and if BFR is allowed,she wins

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Killemall

@matchesmalone21 said:

@Killemall: I didn't say he would loses and never implied this,I cited because it can harm Sentry and everyone just talk about 10% of her powers,forgetting the rest. As I said she has an array of psionic abilities,for Sentry handle and if BFR is allowed,she wins

Since nothing has been said, i would assume BFR is allowed. Does Maxima has ability to BFR people, like teleportation? I am surprised, one would have assumed she would resort to something like that against Doomsday rather than engaging him in a fistfight .

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Killemall: Yeah using the psionic powers,she is able to do it....I remember she does this 4 or 6 times,because I miss osme comics with her..

No Caption Provided
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Killemall

@matchesmalone21: Well that settles it, Maxima should win, easy peasy, via BFR.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Killemall: Exactlyis worthy top mention her telekinetic powers is so strong that she was capable to gathering random pieces of nearby material and telekinetically forging it together and control it to hold captain atom

ivan_jimenez86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She will sense that he's a worthless copy of Superman without his morals & ethics and will teleport him to Darkseid's lair, where he will be eradicated by the omega beam or effect.

Sly_141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can Maxima mess up Sentry's mind to make him weaker?

Ozomax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry doesn't mind hitting a girl...!!!

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

could go either way

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Sentry stomps effortlessly

Imperfect_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ozomax said:

Sentry doesn't mind hitting a girl...!!!

Neither does Maxima.

MaZeRaIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Madripoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Switchdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Assuming we're going with the Pre-New 52 Maxima.

Although Maxima has some impressive psionic feats against Brainiac and Orion, she doesn't have to use her psionic abilities like that to bulldoze her way into Bob's head. Bob may have to let someone in the front door on his best day, but there's a backdoor to his brain that's always open thanks to Reed Richards, namely CLOC. Faking hours of CLOC signals to throw Bob way off task is well within Maxima's discipline as a mentalist to pull off.

Aatroxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maxima

Avatar image for varun_metamorpho
Varun_metamorpho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Assuming there is no PIS, Maxima can win this battle, but....

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Avatar image for hurricanefunnel
hurricanefunnel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By hurricanefunnel

way highballing on maxima

sentry >>> maxima

sentry 4 tiers higher than maxima

sentry wins very extremely low diff

sentry wins by strength and power-load

mismatch

spite

law1602

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry is unkillable.

Alphamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bob

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry slaps he's definitely herald tier

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry slaps he's definitely herald tier

For once, I agree.

@law1602 said:

Sentry is unkillable.

He may be unkillable (Knull is rolling in his grave), but he can be incapacitated.

Unfortunately for Maxima, this is basically her battling Superman with the added bonus of matter manipulation, mild psychic abilities, and a violent alt persona.

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

diydeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry wins with ease. Dude is several tiers above Maxima - and on the off chance she lands a nasty blow she risks Void coming out to play which wins with even more ease.

Sentry is a high tier character on the cosmic scale. He has literally one shot venomized celestials...and that's not even close to his most powerful iteration (merged Sentry).

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#49  Edited By ProfessorRespect

Multiple things wrong with this.

@diydeath said:

Sentry wins with ease. Dude is several tiers above Maxima

While Maxima is below Sentry.....he's not that far above her by a lot, especially this one.

Sentry is a high tier character on the cosmic scale. He has literally one shot venomized celestials

Those were hollow/dead Celestials as confirmed later on with the Valkyrie: King in Black arc. All he did was go through their depleted shell, and that's something that high tiers have done reliably well. Nothing special in that regard.

..and that's not even close to his most powerful iteration (merged Sentry)

Merged Sentry literally has next to zero feats and gets rolled over for Surfer Black merging with him instead at the end of Scourge. They literally forget about him existing because of how nothing he is.

diydeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Multiple things wrong with this.

@diydeath said:

Sentry wins with ease. Dude is several tiers above Maxima

While Maxima is below Sentry.....he's not that far above her by a lot, especially this one.

Sentry is a high tier character on the cosmic scale. He has literally one shot venomized celestials

1) Those were hollow/dead Celestials as confirmed later on with the Valkyrie: King in Black arc. All he did was go through their depleted shell, and that's something that high tiers have done reliably well. Nothing special in that regard.

..and that's not even close to his most powerful iteration (merged Sentry)

2) Merged Sentry literally has next to zero feats and gets rolled over for Surfer Black merging with him instead at the end of Scourge. They literally forget about him existing because of how nothing he is.

Have scans?

That's a dumb, biased take if I've ever seen one. Jesus...