Sentry Vs Avengers/Justice League

• 133 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

@lvenger said:

@citizenbane: Apologies for calling you out unnecessarily then. My experience with Enzeru is limited and I was wondering what you thought of his arguments and MM being unable to TP him.

I debated Sentry vs Martian Manhunter with Enzeru once, and he got so aggravated over the suggestion that Sentry could lose that Static banned him for swearing his head off at me. That should give you some idea of what I think of his arguments.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@lvenger said:

@dredeuced: Interesting. For you to say that is quite something for Void's power level. What about BFR like he did to the Black Flash? Surely that's still on the table?

What he did to the Black Flash would not apply because Black Flash chased Wally to the end of the universe. If Wally attempted that he'd just be BFRing himself because Void has no need to chase him.

Now Wally HAS pseudo-BFR'd both Savitar and Cobalt Blue by running them into the Speed Force, which completely absorbed their energy. Who knows if that would work on Void -- it's entirely speculative if Void would be able to resist the Speed Force dump.

I see. Thanks for the clarification, much appreciated.

@lvenger said:

@citizenbane: Apologies for calling you out unnecessarily then. My experience with Enzeru is limited and I was wondering what you thought of his arguments and MM being unable to TP him.

I debated Sentry vs Martian Manhunter with Enzeru once, and he got so aggravated over the suggestion that Sentry could lose that Static banned him for swearing his head off at me. That should give you some idea of what I think of his arguments.

Right I can see this'll go nowhere continuing my debate with him. Thanks for the heads up

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I honestly don't really care what anyone says here, Sentry should, by all means, lose this fight quite handily. "Unlimited Power" and "Unlimited Speed" are both meaningless things that are just stated and that his feats clearly don't corroborate. If he had that, then at his full potential, he destroys all omniverses with a movement, and basically teleports. That's just silly. Saying, "They say he has unlimited power!" Isn't a valid excuse for saying that he can actually live up to that. They also say he has the power of a million exploding suns, which isn't unlimited.

Sentry gets curbed by the combined powers of both teams. Any individual? Yeah, he would murder them easily. This is 2 teams of superheroes, and Sentry is in for the beating of his life. Void or not, he's gonna get face rolled when you have, what 4-5 planet-busting characters on a team working together.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

The team should be able to do it.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Full Void Sentry ftw. Without PIS or Norn Stones I don't see him going down

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@lvenger: Eh, really no point stepping in. Typical Sentry thread, especially considering who's posting in it. "Void has defeated Xavier telepathically!" (not really). Void has also failed to beat Spider-Man telepathically, but whatever. Void doesn't actually have a single telepathy showing that even remotely compares to most of Martian Manhunter's mid-level TP feats, so if I point out that J'onn's TP has worked against people like Dr. Destiny and the Red King, both of whom are ludicrously more powerful than Sentry, that's really the entire argument wrapped up then and there. That is, if I wanted to trumpet high-end feats like they're everyday occurrences for the character, but I really don't feel like stepping into Enzeru's shoes to see what that feels like.

I don't know why anyone even bothers trying to debate with Enzeru any more. He's so infatuated with his fantasy ideal of the Sentry that it's impossible to hold any kind of discussion with him; suggest that Sentry might not be the all-powerful entity he thinks he is, and sooner or later Enzeru will start crying about how the only reason (the only reason! Nothing else!) that you think Sentry can lose is that you hate the Sentry and can't stand the thought that your favorite character would lose to Lord Reynolds, Peace Be Upon Him.

Honestly, Void doesn't have a single offensive telepathy feat that compares to even New 52 Martian Manhunter's showing of defeating a psychic so powerful he murdered billions of telepaths with a wayward thought. That's the size of the gulf between them as far as psychic ability goes.

do you have any scans

Odinsonnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let's just take a minute to address that @JonSmith said Jo'nn kills Sentry..

Odinsonnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But on a more serious note, @JonSmith says Martian manhunter kills Sentry..

Avatar image for deactivated-5e291995a18d6
deactivated-5e291995a18d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We can't know for sure whether Sentry could resist Martian Manhunters telepathic assault. But we can't just assume he can. Batman has resisted telepathy before. I guarantee that he would not have a snowball's chance in hell of resisting a telepathic assault from Manhunter. Manhunter is more powerful than any telepath Sentry has encountered. He solos.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@enzeru:

Sentry wasn't fighting at that speed, because that was not a part of his mission. He is there to secure Thor and not to rip him apart. Thor had already problems dealing with the velocity - what would have strikes caused to him?

But that's just an assumption of course, so you don't and won't take it seriously, but it still features half of the context there - Sentry was not there to fight.

Secondly how many characters with Superman's and Flash's speed are there on the Earth? Not that many, who would have challenged the Sentry. He is one of his kind on the Earth and no one was ever able to really challenge him in that department. With that being said, we have seen him performing various speed feats like repairing constructs in Superspeed and in the process being everywhere at once, something Superman and Flash are capable of pulling off.

We have seen the Sentry catching bullets from handguns, which put him at microseconds-reaction, but then we also saw him catching bullets from alien-tech super rifles, which had much more power behind them and that would put him even higher.

Sentry clearly does not have the reaction time to keep up with his own speed. When he sped to Jupiter faster than he could scream it demonstrated it -- he was clearly unaware of how fast he was going and was surprised how far he went. There's no reason to believe giving into Void increases his reaction time.

The Sentry is stated to have limitless strenght and speed. What we saw during Siege didn't really look like he had massive problems doing what he is supposed to be able to do. He easily overpowered opponents like Thor, who were lifting stuff heavier than planets before.

We don't know Sentry's limits and the OP specifically states that he is fighting at HIS FULL POTENTIAL, which truly puts him in the limitless category.

Sentry is also stated to have the power of a million exploding suns, which is not limitless. He has literally never demonstrated limitless speed or strength. Statements mean nothing. Full potential is like saying 100% fed Galactus. It's not a thing that has any quantification (I mean atleast Galactus has an alt universe story to back him up). You are making pure assumptions and they are not true.

Then there is also the question why Flash should be the only one able to trade punches, while traveling and other specific characters can't? Superman can fight at high speeds. Why couldn't Sentry? Sentry is not Silver Surfer, who travels fast thanks to his board (if that's even still like that). Sentry moves fast under his own power.

Because Flash has traded punches with people who A: Are massively faster than Lightspeed and B: While he himself was going massively faster than lightspeed. His fight with Zoom involved as much and they were dodging and hitting each others blows constantly. Flash demonstrates greatly FTL reflexes all the time, as well, and is rarely surprised by his own speed -- unlike Sentry. Sentry's ability to travel quickly doesn't give him significant combat speed in the same way that Superman doesn't have combatspeed to match the Flash.

Superman has atleast demonstrated Nanosecond reaction time, which still pales in comparison to Flash who has several definitively picosecond reaciton feats and plenty of feats that are greatly faster than picosecond with a little math.

Son, that's not how it works.

The Void was never threatened by any kind of telepathy, and neither was the Sentry really, but we know that Sentry erased the memories of so many powerful telepaths.

Saying that Martian Manhunter automatically wins the battle is biased beyond belief. One should never make such a claim, because we don't know the limits of Sentry's telepathic powers / limits. Even if Martian Manhunter had much better telepathic feats than some of the best telepaths in Marvel (which is questionable), we would still not know if he would surpass Void's limit, therefore that argument negates it-self and telepathy as an argument becomes irrelevant.

You probably shouldn't complain about people being insulting to you then call them "son" in response. It's intentionally diminutive.

Again, Void has been suppressed by Emma Frost specifically. It allowed Bob to control himself for ages. Martian Manhunter has plenty of world level telepathy feats and is massively superior to Xavier and Emma. The argument doesn't become irrelevant. If void had the telepathic powers you speak of then why has he never used them in a direct confrontation with scores of heroes that telepathy would easily put down? If he could so easily wipe thor's mind, why didn't he make the entire Avenger's cast forget the Void existed?

His effect was more subtle than what other telepaths use in fights. The argument doesn't become irrelevant just because you want it to.

Void did beat Spider-Man telepathically, but Spider-Man has more willpower than most of the people in the Marvel Universe (in my biased opinion) and he was the only one, who ever managed to make a move, even though being attacked by the Void. Great showing for Spider-Man. I've seen that guy fighting through powerful illusions, which made him believe that he was paralysed and that all hope was gone.

Spider-man has had his mind taken over dozens of times, so not really.

I could case less if Sentry loses to Martian Manhunter. What I have a problem with your running around and trolling people, spreading lies and running to Static Shock as soon as someone calls you out on your BS.

Funnyly enough Static Shock is someone, who used to troll and insult people big time, before he became a mod, so I guess you two found each other back then.

Knowing you you would instantly ban me, if you had mod rights and knowing you I bet you already tried to set it up.

But none of it matters - just do me a favour and stop lying.

There isn't a conspiracy to get you banned or have your opinions sequestered. The victim complex rarely garners sympathy.

mjolnirson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

team even with morals on.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@enzeru said:

Sorry for bumping this old thread, but I simply can't understand how anyone could say that the team would win this fight ...

Why would you do such a thing ?_?

With Superman, Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman and Wally West capable of soloing Sentry along with Hulk and Thor who've fought evenly with the Sentry, I think you've bumped this thread for the wrong reasons if you're trying to prove Sentry can win this one. He loses horribly to the combined forces of the Avengers and the Justice League.

Wonder Woman solo's Sentry per OP: at full power,the million suns,full void powers everything written about him

LOLOLOLOLOL, NO.

Sentry/Void team busts regularly and effortlessly. Void only "lost" to himself, Sentry, and Thor when he wanted to die. He's atomized Molecule Man by having greater control of molecular manipulation! Sentry/Void stomps and it's not even close. The very notion that WW could solo, or any of the others, is so absurd you've lost all credibility in this argument.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@enzeru said:

Sorry for bumping this old thread, but I simply can't understand how anyone could say that the team would win this fight ...

Why would you do such a thing ?_?

With Superman, Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman and Wally West capable of soloing Sentry along with Hulk and Thor who've fought evenly with the Sentry, I think you've bumped this thread for the wrong reasons if you're trying to prove Sentry can win this one. He loses horribly to the combined forces of the Avengers and the Justice League.

Wonder Woman solo's Sentry per OP: at full power,the million suns,full void powers everything written about him

LOLOLOLOLOL, NO.

Sentry/Void team busts regularly and effortlessly. Void only "lost" to himself, Sentry, and Thor when he wanted to die. He's atomized Molecule Man by having greater control of molecular manipulation! Sentry/Void stomps and it's not even close. The very notion that WW could solo, or any of the others, is so absurd you've lost all credibility in this argument.

I'm not debating in this thread anymore but you've lost credibility with the arrogance of that statement and having not even read this thread. I'm not the one who needs a recheck on what they're saying, you are.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_skaar: Thank you for giving me a reason to flag you. Your ignorant attitude to the rules of the battle forums do you no good whatsoever. Please try and learn a little more about these characters rather than hedging your bets on Sentry. Oh and try actually reading the thread. It'll do wonders on getting the damn context right.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@green_skaar: Thank you for giving me a reason to flag you. Your ignorant attitude to the rules of the battle forums do you no good whatsoever. Please try and learn a little more about these characters rather than hedging your bets on Sentry. Oh and try actually reading the thread. It'll do wonders on getting the damn context right.

I thought you weren't debating in this thread anymore? Also the irony for flagging someone who called you ignorant when you call them ignorant in turn! Keep up the great job lying and being a hypocrite!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Exactly, we don't know the Voids telepathic resistance. So instead of making shit up and assuming he could resist the attack (cough cough Enzeru) we can assume that since Martian Manhunter has better feats, he is the stronger telepath, and could thus invade Sentry's mind.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@enzeru said:
@citizenbane said:

@citizenbane said:

Typical Sentry thread, especially considering who's posting in it. "Void has defeated Xavier telepathically!" (not really).

I wish you would stop lying, CitizenBane. You lied about me before. You made things up years ago and you're still doing it. I get it, you don't like Sentry and you don't like me, but lying to make me look bad is just ... It's a shame, man.

Yes. There's a grand conspiracy on this site, comprising a whole bunch of people who have nothing better to do than to make you look bad. I am Chief Wizard of said conspiracy, and my minions are worming their way into the hearts and minds of the higher-ups as we speak. Mea culpa.

I'm not saying that Void defeated Xavier telepathically. I'm saying that Xavier was never the secret weapon to take out the Void via telepathically, something people here believe Martian Manhunter would do. If Xavier can't do it in the slightest, why should Martian Manhunter be able to do it?\

Because Martian Manhunter has telepathy feats that are substantially better than Xavier's? This isn't hard. For god's sake, the same piece of the Void that Xavier faced also lost a psychic fight against Cyclops. Someone who doesn't even have telepathy.

Void did beat Spider-Man telepathically,

Spider-Man shook off the Void's telepathy to the point where even the Void was shocked and stated it wasn't possible. Sure, he passed out from the strain shortly afterwards, but he's a street leveler with no concrete telepathic resistance and no psychic abilities whatsoever. Contrast that with someone who has telepathy that functions across different timelines, across galaxies, and occasionally mucks with the heads of dudes who blow up universes, and tell me what you think is going to happen.

We don't know if he can do it, since we don't know Void's limits, so there is no point in argueing that.

We've been down this road before. I'm sure you remember it. Empty supposition is not a valid case. "Yes, Void has no telepathy feats on Martian Manhunter's level, but we don't know Void's limits, so let's give him the benefit of the doubt and assume telepathy won't work on him!". Please. And then you want people to stop thinking you might have the slightest hint of bias in your posts.

but Spider-Man has more willpower than most of the people in the Marvel Universe (in my biased opinion) and he was the only one, who ever managed to make a move, even though being attacked by the Void. Great showing for Spider-Man. I've seen that guy fighting through powerful illusions, which made him believe that he was paralysed and that all hope was gone.

Get outta here. If you're really going to try and claim Spider-Man throwing off the Void's telepathic attack isn't a pitiful display from the Void because Spider-Man has so much willpower, give me a heads-up so I can know when to roll my eyes and keep scrolling.

Once again, you're taking it far and spreading lies and misconception. I don't mind Sentry losing, but the problem is that no one on Comicvine knows who to let him fight against. Superman? It will turn into a gigantic thread, even though Sentry wins that battle.

Then we have the Void fighting characters like Phoenix and other characters like that, which Void in my opinion should never win on Comicvine, but people argue for him.

Here's the thing about claiming that I'm lying about the way you debate: I can literally screencap posts from multiple threads where you outright claim that *anyone* debating or thinking of debating against the Sentry is an ignorant hater, whether they're making good arguments or not.

So please, don't tell me I'm taking it too far. Say the word and I'll hold your hand and walk you through how you debate on this forum, using your own words and posts. Just don't assume anyone's going to be dumb enough to believe that you're the Great Wronged One fighting a neverending war for truth and accuracy. You're just another fanboy. Hardly original.

You say that I'm a Sentry cock-rider, you say that I want him to defeat Shuma-Gorath in his own dimension. You're spreading lies and as I said it, that's a huge shame.

I have never said any of these things. You have literally just made them up, put them in my mouth and claimed I said them, which is *ding-ding* a lie. So I'm just the teensiest bit unclear right now as to why you're lying and then lamenting my lies......which you lied about.

What topsy-turvy world do you come from, man?

Once again, you're totally ignoring the context behind Void.

Sure, sure.

He was powerful enough to withstand any telepathical attack on Marvel Earth and we don't know if he would be powerful enough to withstand Martian Manhunter's attacks or not.

He's either capable of it or he's not. Make up your mind. If you think he is, feel free to present telepathy feats from the Void. I'll present some for Martian Manhunter. Up to it or not?

We simply don't know. If we assume that it's a telepathical stalemate, because it simply is a stalemate, then all what remains is Martian Manhunter with his other abilities against the Void and you know exactly that he doesn't win that fight.

I don't assume it's a telepathic stalemate. I'm sure you'd like to despite there being literally no evidence to that effect, but I don't. I am fully prepared to defend Martian Manhunter's telepathic ability as superior to the Void's in every way imaginable, and.......I look forward to seeing you try the same for the Void. Again, are you up to it or not?

Once again, more lies.

You know exactly what my problem with you is, CitizenBane. I once called you a passive aggressive troll and that not, because of the stuff you said to me. It's because of the stuff you used to say to anyone and you usually still do it.

Again, please don't try feeding people BS and assuming they're dumb enough to buy it. You didn't call me a passive-aggressive troll. Don't sugarcoat your language and pretend you're an angel. Not when it would take me a few minutes at best to show everyone the offense that got you banned before the Great Reset that unbanned everyone.

You have the attitude of an elitist and don't respect people many users on Comicvine, even though you see some of them on a daily basis.

I respect many people on ComicVine. Some are even on this thread. I don't respect you, because you don't deserve it. You know this as well as I do. Not respecting you is hardly the attitude of an elitist, merely that of someone who's unfortunately more familiar with you than most. Kindly refrain from making things up about how I think and then claiming they're fact. I believe that's the infarction you're accusing me of. The irony is so thick it is acquiring sentience and making faces at me.

I could case less if Sentry loses to Martian Manhunter.

Yup. That's why you were banned for raging on a Sentry vs Martian Manhunter thread. Totally.

What I have a problem with your running around and trolling people, spreading lies and running to Static Shock as soon as someone calls you out on your BS.

Funnyly enough Static Shock is someone, who used to troll and insult people big time, before he became a mod, so I guess you two found each other back then.

Wow. A troll with a victim complex who resents the mods and thinks they're the real bad guys. So original.

Knowing you you would instantly ban me, if you had mod rights and knowing you I bet you already tried to set it up.

If I had mod rights I'd motion for a removal of the top decks from issue pages because they're just left blank and serve no purpose as far as editing goes. Why even keep them?

You're not a priority to me. Please do not delude yourself.

But none of it matters - just do me a favour and stop lying.

Then what will I do with the whole conspiracy setup? Logistics, man.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's literally zero evidence that Sentry is fast enough to trade blows with the Flash or capable of defeating the Martian Manhunter in a telepathic battle, but Enzeru's cover-all argument for all such scenarios is "You don't know that! Yes, there are no feats to that effect, but that's only because there's no one like that in the Marvel universe! I'm sure he can do it! He has no limits! If we don't know his limits, how can you say he'd lose?!?".

This is how we debate now? Really? Is that what it's come to?

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Once again people are completely downgrading Void's power levels, just because he never had real limits in his own universe, but because of Comicvine's bias towards DC comics and Superman / Flash / Martian Manhunter threads get created in which a regular Sentry loses fights to cartoon versions of the DC characters, which is ... *facepalms himself to the Moon*

Here's your argument, reapplied to superman:

New 52 Superman has never shown a limit to his strength either, at least in the same way Sentry hasn't. He benched the planet for five days, and was complaining that he wanted more but couldn't get anymore. Since no one has pushed him far enough yet we don't how strong he is. Therefore, you can't say Superman wouldn't one-shot Sentry.

Here's something that I know you're not familiar with because you keep ignoring it: Philosophical Burden of Proof.

See that's a part of an argument to prevent nonsense like, "We don't know that for sure" from mattering. It means that you have to provide the evidence. Sentry not having feats against MMH level Characters is perfectly consistent with him getting destroyed by them. Once again, Sentry not having infinite strength is consistent with what he's shown. "The power of 10 million exploding suns" is not unlimited, Sentry has never been shown to have this power, get over it. And you complain about people fan-wanking other characters?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman has never shown a weakness to supernova explosions. From this we can conclude that he could survive one.

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#77  Edited By Cooldes

@lvenger: lol lvenger, i don't want to butt in here, but i think it's really funny that YOU gave enzeru a TRAVEL SPEED feat of flash saving those people, and then you LAUGHED at him and told him he made a huge mistake when he gave you a TRAVEL SPEED feat of sentry and thor.

hypocrisy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cooldes: There's actually a difference. In the Flash feat, Flash is interacting and performing complex motions, as well as tracking and finding multiple people.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cooldes said:

@lvenger: lol lvenger, i don't want to butt in here, but i think it's really funny that YOU gave enezeru a TRAVEL SPEED feat of flash saving those people, and then you LAUGHED at him and told him he made a huge mistake when he gave you a TRAVEL SPEED feat of sentry and thor.

hypocrisy.

I've always found it amusing the travel vs reaction speed in general. If you can travel faster than you can react then you are in sense blindly and wildly going forward and most likely smashing into anything in your way!

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebourneposter: that doesn't constitute combat.

anyway i'm not going to into this, i was just pointing that out.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cooldes: I'm not going into this, I was just pointing out that you're wrong.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cooldes said:

@lvenger: lol lvenger, i don't want to butt in here, but i think it's really funny that YOU gave enezeru a TRAVEL SPEED feat of flash saving those people, and then you LAUGHED at him and told him he made a huge mistake when he gave you a TRAVEL SPEED feat of sentry and thor.

hypocrisy.

I've always found it amusing the travel vs reaction speed in general. If you can travel faster than you can react then you are in sense blindly and wildly going forward and most likely smashing into anything in your way!

First off, there's a difference as the Bourne Poster mentions

@cooldes: There's actually a difference. In the Flash feat, Flash is interacting and performing complex motions, as well as tracking and finding multiple people.

Secondly, if that's not good enough for you, then how's this? Wally throwing thousands of punches in less than a second in a fight with Zoom

No Caption Provided

Or if you're going to quibble with me because Jesse had lent Wally her speed for the battle and he still couldn't keep up with Zoom, how's this to debunk my supposed hypocrisy? Do try and learn the differences between travel and reaction speeds, the both of you. There's the real hypocrisy. Get back to me when Void moves like this skaar and enzeru. Or shows picosecond reaction times. I think this clears up who the real hypocrites are on this thread.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Cooldes

enzeru is doing a good enough job here, and i agree that The Sentry should clear this, especially with all of the non-factors on the team.

Void is undefeated so we really don't know what it would take to kill him.

He took on a mixture of The fantastic four, The inhumans, the avengers, and the x-men(also dr. strange and spiderman were there too) all at the same time and just dominated them, and he only used shapeshifting. none of his other vast array of powers. and they had to get emma to beg him to unvoid.

He's obviously an accomplished team buster and i just don't see him losing this one.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cooldes said:

enzeru is doing a good enough job here, and i agree that The Sentry should clear this, especially with all of the non-factors on the team.

Enzeru is doing a good job? Lol, I doubt that considering I countered his points and was told by Bane his past history of throwing a tantrum when he doesn't get his own way about the Sentry.

@cooldes said:

Void is undefeated so we really don't know what it would take to kill him.

So just because someone hasn't been beaten on panel, you assume there's no way to beat him? What flawed logic.

@cooldes said:

He took on a mixture of The fantastic four, The inhumans, the avengers, and the x-men(also dr. strange and spiderman were there too) all at the same time and just dominated them, and he only used shapeshifting. none of his other vast array of powers. and they had to get emma to beg him to unvoid.

Manhunter's taken on the entire League including Wally who's a teambuster in his own right before so you can't really use the odds Void's gone up against as a good argument

@cooldes said:

He's obviously an accomplished team buster and i just don't see him losing this one.

Well he's going up against two teambusters. One with Superman physical stats and near unparalleled telepathy and a speedster with a sheer plethora of ways to use his speed to damage the Sentry. So in essence, it's one supposed team buster vs two team busters. I think two team busters is greater than one, don't you?

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Cooldes

@lvenger: i'm not in this bro. i stated that in the first line of my first statement, starting with the first word.

i just wanted to point out that you showed us flash covering large distances in a very small amount of time, which is a great feat, but it wasn't a combat feat. but when enzeru responded with Sentry lugging thor over vast distances in a small amount of time, you laugh in his face an tell him that he made the mistake of using travel speed instead of combat speed, when infact, he was just responding to you, who did the same thing, first.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Lvenger

@cooldes: Well would you say I've covered myself with the feats I've given you instead? The ones where Flash has fights in less than a second and reacts in picoseconds? I take it that's not a travel speed feat in your eyes?

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@green_skaar said:

@cooldes said:

hypocrisy.

First off, there's a difference as the Bourne Poster mentions

No one said there wasn't a difference. I find it funny people saying characters are traveling far faster than they can react. Are we suppose to believe Thor, Sentry, Surfer and others are flying through space unable to react accordingly? They must routinely run into stars and planets if not!

Equonox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18: I can get a scan later, but it was in the backup for JLA (#4, I believe) that detailed why he came to earth - the entire Martian race was wiped out when a telepathic creature on earth simply reached out/probed the solar system with his mind - Martian Manhunter mind wiped/killed that creature. I won't quite say effortlessly, but he did. He also shut down Despero's mind in JL #20 with compete ease, and he's also a high-level telepath (who had, apparently, beaten the JL before with his TP).

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Cooldes

@enzeru: @lvenger: So? i really hate people who lowball other people. ESPECIALLY when it's irrelevant to the matter at hand. you've continuously lowballed sentry throughout this thread and now you're trying to lowball enzeru?!?!

You've countered all of his points?

that's great and all, but so has he to you. rinse amd reapeat. this is what debating is.

What does it matter? why even take someones word for something that happened in the past and has NOTHING to do with Sentry vs The jla and avengers.

what enzeru has done in the past is completely irrelevant to how well he is doing in this thread.

saying that is just rude, and unnecessary, and it's the kind of thing that should be flagged. plain disrespect. i don't usually ever flag people but if you continue to make undermining commenta that have nothing to do with the topic and are just to hurt other users i may have to.

not cool dude.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@equonox: yea i just read it thats insaine

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_skaar: I've given you actual combat speed feats for Wally to compensate my supposed 'hypocrisy.' Unless Sentry has those kinds of feats, I doubt he'll be able to keep up with Wally at all.

As for your other part, Thor has really slow as hell combat speed. That has been proved in fights time and time again which is why I and many others use it as a point against Thor being unable to beat Superman in a standard fight. Once Superman uses his speed, Thor is at a loss There's a difference between travelling at those kinds of speeds and being able to react to them. Let me illustrate myself with two examples. Firstly, look at this scan of Superman travelling at FTL speeds (he also can't fight at FTL speeds) and see if it doesn't make sense

No Caption Provided

Note what the boxes say about Superman "leaving his earthly perceptions behind." For most characters, travelling at that speed does not require you to perceive what is going on. Also note the "There is no time for judgement, only action." There's a really great blog on the travel/combat speed distinction but for the life of me, I can't find it.

Secondly, do you read Thor: God of Thunder? If so, you'll be aware of the event in issue 9 when present Thor and King Thor are speeding towards Gorr after King Thor blasts him light years away to a distant moon. Both Thors slam head first into a chunk of moon thrown at them by Gorr. There's no reaction to it, just a straight on blitz. Whilst travelling at these high speeds, Thor has never shown being able to react according to the speed he's travelling at. By contrast, characters like Wally have been able to react nearly as fast as they're moving. That's the key difference that you're not understanding and which I hope I've clarified.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cooldes: What have I done wrong to deserve flagging? Bane has knowledge of this guy and to be honest, he's displaying the kind of behaviour Bane told me he's done before. Flag me if you want but all I'm doing is pointing out the misconceptions in this thread. If that's a flagworthy offence, then so be it. You'll have flagged me for no justifiable reason at all.

I know a fair bit about Sentry, in fact he's one of the characters I offer to debate with so far be it from me to lowball him when I know his capabilities. But I know Wally's and MM's too and they can most definitely take down the Sentry by themselves. And I've read Enzeru's FAQs and they're sorely lacking in the objective department along with application of his extensive Sentry knowledge to the question at hand.

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: i would also like it of you stopped skewing my words.

"void is undefeated so we really don't know what it would take to defeat him"

you: "so just because someone has yet to be defeated on panel, you assume there's no way to beat him? what flawed logic."

^ i never said anything remotely close to what you state is my "flawed logic". undermining my logic won't help you convince anyone that sentry loses against the jla and avengers, i don't even understand why you would even say that.

and with beings like the living tribunal and TOOA, why would i possibly think he can't be beat?

all i said is that we don't know what it WOULD take to defeat him. meaning he can be defeated, we just don't know exactly how much power is required.

lowballing other users..

still not cool bro..

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cooldes: How am I lowballing other users if I point out that their logic is flawed? Pointing out that someone's arguments or logic is flawed isn't the same as a personal insult. You seem to have gotten into your head and here's where you make another mistake. It's an impersonal gesture to question someone's logic or arguments. I'm not insulting you or enzeru when I question the validity of your arguments or logic. That's how debating works and if you don't like that, I would have stayed out this thread if I thought like you.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@green_skaar: I've given you actual combat speed feats for Wally to compensate my supposed 'hypocrisy.' Unless Sentry has those kinds of feats, I doubt he'll be able to keep up with Wally at all.

As for your other part, Thor has really slow as hell combat speed. That has been proved in fights time and time again which is why I and many others use it as a point against Thor being unable to beat Superman in a standard fight. Once Superman uses his speed, Thor is at a loss There's a difference between travelling at those kinds of speeds and being able to react to them. Let me illustrate myself with two examples. Firstly, look at this scan of Superman travelling at FTL speeds (he also can't fight at FTL speeds) and see if it doesn't make sense

No Caption Provided

Note what the boxes say about Superman "leaving his earthly perceptions behind." For most characters, travelling at that speed does not require you to perceive what is going on. Also note the "There is no time for judgement, only action." There's a really great blog on the travel/combat speed distinction but for the life of me, I can't find it.

Secondly, do you read Thor: God of Thunder? If so, you'll be aware of the event in issue 9 when present Thor and King Thor are speeding towards Gorr after King Thor blasts him light years away to a distant moon. Both Thors slam head first into a chunk of moon thrown at them by Gorr. There's no reaction to it, just a straight on blitz. Whilst travelling at these high speeds, Thor has never shown being able to react according to the speed he's travelling at. By contrast, characters like Wally have been able to react nearly as fast as they're moving. That's the key difference that you're not understanding and which I hope I've clarified.

If you find that blog about travel/combat speed, please share the link, I'd be very interested. Thank you.

I have read a fair amount Thor, but not that comic in particular. Thor generally is traveling in a straight line at high speeds due to the nature of his flight (swinging his hammer and holding on). He's not like Surfer who can zig-zag mid flight at high speeds. It's apples and oranges here.

As for that Superman scan, yes he's leaving "earthly perceptions behind" but he's also is capable of "action". But for argument sake, let's say he can't "react", all that shows is Superman is capable of flying faster, by his own power, than he can react. This wouldn't be a blanket restriction for every cosmic traveler.

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: WHATEVER ENZERU HAS DONE IN THE PAST IS IRRELEVANT.

you guys are debating a topic. The Sentry vs JLA & Avengers.

Any other topic that enzeru was in before this has no weight here. why lowball a fellow user of the vine? it doesn't help your argument.

i'm not going to flag you, i'm not a person that flags others, i try and practice forgiveness, but if tou continuously do it i said that i might have to.

what has happened to enzeru before this thread has nothing to do with his debating in this thread and shouldn't be brought up. that's all.

lowballing isn't cool man..

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cooldes: The fact you've just ignored what I posted is an indication this isn't a topic that should be pursued further. I'll end this now.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you find that blog about travel/combat speed, please share the link, I'd be very interested. Thank you.

I have read a fair amount Thor, but not that comic in particular. Thor generally is traveling in a straight line at high speeds due to the nature of his flight (swinging his hammer and holding on). He's not like Surfer who can zig-zag mid flight at high speeds. It's apples and oranges here.

As for that Superman scan, yes he's leaving "earthly perceptions behind" but he's also is capable of "action". But for argument sake, let's say he can't "react", all that shows is Superman is capable of flying faster, by his own power, than he can react. This wouldn't be a blanket restriction for every cosmic traveler.

I've just been searching for it, even on the OP's blog page but I can't find it. I'll ask him about it later.

That's a fair point but it's a demonstration that plenty of characters capable of travelling at that speed aren't capable of reacting to them.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@enzeru said:
@thebourneposter said:

Batman has never shown a weakness to supernova explosions. From this we can conclude that he could survive one.

That's the wrong perspective... Batman has never been attacked by / with supernova explosions, so saying that he could survive it, doesn't even make sense in that regard.

But powerful telepaths did try to deal with the Void and they failed. We don't know how strong you have to be as a telepath to deal with the Void and if it's actually possible at all.

In a different thread I argued that no one ever defeated the Void, besidesthe Sentry in some of their fights and then someone told me that wouldn't even matter at all, because no on ever defeated Aunt May either and therefore we would assume that she is invincible.

But that is a weird argument to make, because Aunt May was never multiple times in fights against all kinds of Marvel Earth teams. Void was and he came always out on top, most of the time without even trying.

And once again to the stuff with the telepathy... I'm saying that we don't know Void's limits on telepathy and not that he has no limits. I know for a fact that Sentry and Void have these limitations, but we still don't know what these limitations exactly are and if Martian Manhunter would surpass them and it's nearly impossible to say it.

Your argument is illogical because it presumes that because Void can take some telepaths, it can take all telepaths. It's like assuming that because Soft Kevlar stops pistol rounds it'll stop a rifle round. That's basically your comparison.

Also, if we don't know the limits, we assume it's whatever the maximum shown limit is. Superman's strength limit in the new 52 has never been shown, only that he can bench up to the weight of earth, for 5 days straight, without tiring, without the sun, and was still asking for more weight. We don't immediately assume superman can now lift anything simply because he hasn't shown his full limits. We don't assume Hulk has infinite power because Hulk has never shown his limits either.

If we just take those statements at face value, those characters should be considered as omniversal level beings, as infinite strength literally means infinite. Comic book characters can punch dimensions apart, so if the sentry at full power is unlimited, then he should destroy the omniverse with a motion.

We have to use what he's shown to have, not what we assume he could maybe possibly have. Otherwise it basically becomes a "beat my character" thread, and those are just ridiculous.

Just because we don't know Sentry's limits DOES NOT mean we get to assume they're higher than what the character is shown to have.

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: pointing out my logic is flawed is exactly lowballing. i stated my point. so instead of making a counter argument to my point, you chose to undermine my logic.

and you seem to have dodged the point of that reply. it was to show that you twisted my words into seeming as if my logic was flawed, when in reality what you said was nowhere near what i said.

i said we don't know what it takes to defeat void because he hasn't been defeated yet.

you said that i think because a character hasn't been beat that i assume he can't be beat. then you said my logic is flawed.

none of that relates to what i said, and was just there to undermine my logic.

really far from cool bro...