Selene vs. Deathstroke

  • 137 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
Avatar image for _black
_Black

2301

Forum Posts

1134

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By _Black

I'm feeling a decapitation here. I don't see any reason why Slade couldn't defeat the Lycans/Vampires that Selene has.

Avatar image for saren
Saren

27944

Forum Posts

211275

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#52  Edited By Saren

@BMEZY said:

ehh... i still feel that selene takes the majority: both characters are experts at unarmed combat.. selene kills lycans (who are physically stronger and faster than vamps) for a living and has been doing it well for centuries, so she's not slouch in the fighting department i think she proves to be a worthy opponent skillfully. Selene takes a blast from a shot gun at point blank range to her abdomen with no apparent effect. She's also seen to move fast enough to evade gun fire (and I don't mean jumping around doing somersaults , I mean actaully dodging the bullets) in the movies she shown as a blur. This shows her high level of durability, speed and regenerative abilities. she's been shown to physically overpower a Elder Vampire Hybird physically and took a bladed wing to the chest with no apparent affect. Granted, DS gets more lee-way for being a comicbook character, thus having a variety of other feats, but on a consistant basis, i say selene takes it 6/10 having the edge in strength, speed, and a pretty damn good healing factor(after her transformation).. this is simply my opinion though and i understand if you disagree; enjoy the thread my friend :D

Deathstroke has fought people like Superboy, Wonder Girl, Starfire and Donna Troy, all of whom are stronger and faster than anything Selene has ever faced. Killing cannon fodder lycans does not require much skill if you have the stats to compete. Slade has taken blasts from Starfire and lightning bolts from Wonder Girl. Both of which do more damage than a shotgun blast. Slade has dodged gunfire many, many times and has tagged people MUCH faster than Selene. There really is no way to say Selene stands much of a chance.

Avatar image for joygirl
Joygirl

21036

Forum Posts

482

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 43

#53  Edited By Joygirl

@CitizenBane: I thought battle threads had no PIS. >.>

He can beat Wally West but get beaten by Nightwing. :/ (Yes, yes, depowered, but he still had those dazzlin' smartz and skillz).

Avatar image for saren
Saren

27944

Forum Posts

211275

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#54  Edited By Saren

@Joygirl: I don't understand why people think Slade doing all that is PIS. He's a meta and he's been doing it for decades now. Slade is stronger and faster than that Lycan at the end of Awakening that was kicking Selene around effortlessly, and she can't rely on CIS to save her this time.

Avatar image for saren
Saren

27944

Forum Posts

211275

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#55  Edited By Saren

@Joygirl said:

He can beat Wally West but get beaten by Nightwing. :/ (Yes, yes, depowered, but he still had those dazzlin' smartz and skillz).

........Dick himself has said that Slade can beat him without breaking a sweat. And if you're referring to the fight in Titans, it's a horrible book.

Avatar image for joygirl
Joygirl

21036

Forum Posts

482

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 43

#56  Edited By Joygirl

@CitizenBane: Was he really? That big-lycan was smashing through stone pillars and stuff. And it is absurd that he beats the people he beats -- he's what, a 10-tonner, TOPS? With pretty similar levels of speed? That to me, does not equal someone who should be able to beat ANY of the Teen Titans except for Robin/Nightwing. He's good but he just shouldn't be THAT good.

Avatar image for saren
Saren

27944

Forum Posts

211275

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#57  Edited By Saren

@Joygirl: I fail to see why Slade can't smash through a stone pillar. Batman has smashed through reinforced steel doors, and he's not as strong as Slade. He's not a regular street leveler, he's enhanced to the point that he can rip out the hatch of an airplane from the outside while it's in the air and kick down a man who chucks submarines. No one claimed he can beat Titans like Superboy on average, but in almost all his fights his opponents attack him as a group and he uses their own abilities against them. He's durable enough to take hits harder than anything Selene's faced and he has a healing factor that isn't dependent on sucking blood. He's stronger than her, faster, more skilled, a better marksman, a better fighter in every way that matters.

Avatar image for ozeol
ozeol

724

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#58  Edited By ozeol

@BMEZY: I wondered why she didn't do that to the other dead vamps too. She just walked away lol

Avatar image for cascadeking09
cascadeking09

6877

Forum Posts

3546

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#59  Edited By cascadeking09

@Nefarious said:

@cascadeking09: Then, DS knows what to do.

yup

Avatar image for cascadeking09
cascadeking09

6877

Forum Posts

3546

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#60  Edited By cascadeking09

@Joygirl said:

Deathstroke's armor won't protect him from having his neck snapped....

*facepalm*

Avatar image for killemall
Killemall

19020

Forum Posts

12398

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#61  Edited By Killemall

I dont see what's stopping DS from cutting her into bite size pieces.

Avatar image for monarch2016
monarch2016

1564

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#62  Edited By monarch2016

selene wins this easy

Avatar image for cascadeking09
cascadeking09

6877

Forum Posts

3546

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#63  Edited By cascadeking09

@Killemall said:

I dont see what's stopping DS from cutting her into bite size pieces.

Her speed is comparable to his and she's also a skilled h2h fighter with a ish ton of experience, I dont see it happening that way.

@baron2011 said:

selene wins this easy

How?

Avatar image for stronger
Stronger

5051

Forum Posts

186

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#64  Edited By Stronger

Deathstroke for the curbstomp.

Avatar image for the_mayhem_theory
The_Mayhem_Theory

1085

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Selene for the curbstomp.
Avatar image for cascadeking09
cascadeking09

6877

Forum Posts

3546

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#66  Edited By cascadeking09

@The_Mayhem_Theory: How?

Avatar image for the_mayhem_theory
The_Mayhem_Theory

1085

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@cascadeking09 said:

@The_Mayhem_Theory: How?

Too many people are saying that Deathstroke is stronger, faster, and more skilled, when he's obviously not.
Avatar image for cascadeking09
cascadeking09

6877

Forum Posts

3546

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#68  Edited By cascadeking09

@The_Mayhem_Theory: How does that make it a stomp and how is he not? She doesn't have a whole lot of strength feats, speed I could understand you saing she's faster, skill I'm not too sure I would say that she's more skilled. On top of that, he's god his promethium sword, armor, two uzis, a revolver, and an m-60 while all she has is an automatic handgun and wearing skin tight latex, so there isn't much protection for her body from bullets. I dont see how she can come out on top in this scenario.

Avatar image for the_mayhem_theory
The_Mayhem_Theory

1085

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@cascadeking09 said:

How does that make it a stomp and how is he not? She doesn't have a whole lot of strength feats, speed I could understand you saing she's faster, skill I'm not too sure I would say that she's more skilled. On top of that, he's god his promethium sword, armor, two uzis, a revolver, and an m-60 while all she has is an automatic handgun and wearing skin tight latex, so there isn't much protection for her body from bullets. I dont see how she can come out on top in this scenario.

During Evolution, she took a shotgun blast at point-blank range to the chest and was unphased. She was even shot in the head and still kept her composure. Her speed is so great that it took her nearly a second to bypass six to eight security guards spread out all-the-while slitting their throats in Awakening. Also, because of her drinking the blood of Alexander Corvinus, her Vampiric powers increased to the point that she was able to revive fallen Vampires simply by exposing her blood and grabbing their hearts. Skill-wise, she has close to 600 years of combat experience, as she was the most skilled of the Death Dealers; a group that was revered by many a Vampire. Guns won't matter when she is able to evade them or take them head-on. Armor is here-or-there, depends on how durable the armor is -- but she was seen crushing a man's skull (albeit quite easily) within a helmet during Awakening. If anything, this is a very close battle with my favoring Selene as the winner.
Avatar image for joygirl
Joygirl

21036

Forum Posts

482

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 43

#70  Edited By Joygirl

I honestly made the thread not thinking it would be a stomp either way.... they are both too badass for this to come down to a flick-of-the-wrist beheading methinks.

Avatar image for cascadeking09
cascadeking09

6877

Forum Posts

3546

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#71  Edited By cascadeking09

@The_Mayhem_Theory: I did forget about that, though when Marcus stabbed through her she didn't seem to take it as well as she did the bullets. As for her experience she still hasn't really shown that as much, she handled Marcus but she didn't really win and then there's Viktor and the lycan's she beat. I'm willing to say she's as skilled as Slade, but I haven't seen enough to say that she's more skilled than Slade is. I'm actually unsure of who wins, but what I am sure of is that this isnt a stomp like everyone has been saying. For now I still think Slade as too much gear, while Selene has a few obvious vulnerabilities.

Avatar image for ryuhayabusa
RyuHayabusa

2039

Forum Posts

105

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#72  Edited By RyuHayabusa

Deathstroke stomps her.

Deathstroke's armor is too durable for selene to do anything.

Avatar image for the_mayhem_theory
The_Mayhem_Theory

1085

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@cascadeking09 said:

@The_Mayhem_Theory: I did forget about that, though when Marcus stabbed through her she didn't seem to take it as well as she did the bullets. As for her experience she still hasn't really shown that as much, she handled Marcus but she didn't really win and then there's Viktor and the lycan's she beat. I'm willing to say she's as skilled as Slade, but I haven't seen enough to say that she's more skilled than Slade is. I'm actually unsure of who wins, but what I am sure of is that this isnt a stomp like everyone has been saying. For now I still think Slade as too much gear, while Selene has a few obvious vulnerabilities.

I would say she was equally surprised by the shotgun blast as she was by Markus imbedding a talon through her. You're right, she hasn't shown much besides those parts in Evolution and during Awakening, but it's enough to say that she's both formidable against humans as she is against werewolves. Actually, she won against Markus by overpowering him and shoving him into the helicopter propellers, but Viktor was occupied with Michael when she used a sword to slash his skull. Selene, especially now, has no known weaknesses other than the occasional blood drinking, but per the end of Evolution, she can walk in daylight and is less susceptible to silver.
Avatar image for spystreak
spystreak

2160

Forum Posts

3750

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

#74  Edited By spystreak

Selene has a few things going for her in Underworld evolution she took a 12 guage shotgun blast to the abdomen about 3 inches below her heart without any damage at all plus Hybrids can survive injuries the pure Vampires and Lycans cannot in Evolution Markus took several 9mm rounds directly to the face which would destroy 10% of his brain matter and he survived it ,then there's Michael who was impaled through the heart by a pipe and survived albeit he was dead or in a comatose state for awhile whatever you want to call it

then if we look at Underworld Rise of the lycans Viktor although not a hybrid survived Lucian's sword impaling him through the mouth and out the back of his head

then in Awakening Selene managed to slit multiple human throats in a matter of a few seconds with a 2 inch scalpel,she has incredible marksmanship and she knows various forms of martial arts and then there's the fact in the OP that Deathstroke knows she's a vampire but is unaware of her abilities as such he's most likely going to use ineffective tactics against her thinking she's just your run of the mill vampire I.E. trying to expose her to sunlight,staking her through the heart(not sure if that would kill her or not but I'm leaning on not since Michael survived being impaled through the heart) and his fire arms are going to prove alot less effective against her than her guns are on him

Avatar image for saren
Saren

27944

Forum Posts

211275

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#75  Edited By Saren

@The_Mayhem_Theory said:

@cascadeking09 said:

@The_Mayhem_Theory: How?

Too many people are saying that Deathstroke is stronger, faster, and more skilled, when he's obviously not.

He obviously is.

Avatar image for majestic99
majestic99

8915

Forum Posts

348

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#76  Edited By majestic99

Selene possess superior strength,speed, and fighting skills(last time I checked Selene's hundreds of years of being a Death Dealer>>>>>>>Deathstroke's fighting career). Selene takes this.

Avatar image for saren
Saren

27944

Forum Posts

211275

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#77  Edited By Saren

@majestic99 said:

Selene possess superior strength,speed, and fighting skills(last time I checked Selene's hundreds of years of being a Death Dealer>>>>>>>Deathstroke's fighting career). Selene takes this.

........if hundreds of years spent alive translated into actual skill then Ares would be more than just a 75 ton brawler. It doesn't mean anything. Selene's not stronger. She's not faster. Apart from the longevity she's not better than Slade at anything.

Avatar image for cascadeking09
cascadeking09

6877

Forum Posts

3546

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#78  Edited By cascadeking09

@The_Mayhem_Theory said:

@cascadeking09 said:

@The_Mayhem_Theory: I did forget about that, though when Marcus stabbed through her she didn't seem to take it as well as she did the bullets. As for her experience she still hasn't really shown that as much, she handled Marcus but she didn't really win and then there's Viktor and the lycan's she beat. I'm willing to say she's as skilled as Slade, but I haven't seen enough to say that she's more skilled than Slade is. I'm actually unsure of who wins, but what I am sure of is that this isnt a stomp like everyone has been saying. For now I still think Slade as too much gear, while Selene has a few obvious vulnerabilities.

I would say she was equally surprised by the shotgun blast as she was by Markus imbedding a talon through her. You're right, she hasn't shown much besides those parts in Evolution and during Awakening, but it's enough to say that she's both formidable against humans as she is against werewolves. Actually, she won against Markus by overpowering him and shoving him into the helicopter propellers, but Viktor was occupied with Michael when she used a sword to slash his skull. Selene, especially now, has no known weaknesses other than the occasional blood drinking, but per the end of Evolution, she can walk in daylight and is less susceptible to silver.

Not really. Marcus was distracted by William having his head ripped off, when that happened she ripped off the talon and shoved into his head and then kicked him into the blades of the helicopter. I know she didn't really beat Viktor fairly, but that seemed more like a speed feat to me. I didn't know she could walk through daylight. Lol I'm gonna have to go back and watch it again now. I forget something every time.

@CitizenBane said:

@majestic99 said:

Selene possess superior strength,speed, and fighting skills(last time I checked Selene's hundreds of years of being a Death Dealer>>>>>>>Deathstroke's fighting career). Selene takes this.

........if hundreds of years spent alive translated into actual skill then Ares would be more than just a 75 ton brawler. It doesn't mean anything. Selene's not stronger. She's not faster. Apart from the longevity she's not better than Slade at anything.

What speed feats put Slade above her in speed? The only speed feat I even recall from Slade is moving quick enough to stay out of Superman's line of vision.

Avatar image for majestic99
majestic99

8915

Forum Posts

348

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#79  Edited By majestic99

Hundreds of years alive DO translate into actual skill. Being a Death Dealer wasn't something any vampire could easily handle. And Deathstroke's strength/speed feats don't put him above Selene.

At the end of second film, Selene becomes immune to sunlight(due to drinking Alexander Corvinus's blood, becoming "the future").

Avatar image for saren
Saren

27944

Forum Posts

211275

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#80  Edited By Saren

@cascadeking09: In terms of running? Yeah, pretty much that. What I meant was that Slade reacts faster than she does.

@majestic99: No, it doesn't. Hundreds of years killing cannon fodder certifies you with enough skill to carve through cannon fodder. Selene isn't immune to being decapitated.

Avatar image for nick_hero22
nick_hero22

8767

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#81  Edited By nick_hero22

Deathstroke one shots her

Selene hasn't done anything that has impressed me, her best skills feats are beating lycans and vampires of an unknown skill level. Deathstroke has takes out groups of metahumans for a living, he has also fought more skilled opponents such as Cassandra Cain, Nightwing, Batman, Bronze Tiger, and etc. Taking out canon fodders and some security guards isn't impressive. And experience is totally irrelevant we have no idea how skilled Death Dealers are, what their training consists of and the quality of it, or the amounts of time they have spent fighting. Selene has to has feats to justify her being a skilled fighter not assumptions.

Avatar image for cascadeking09
cascadeking09

6877

Forum Posts

3546

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#82  Edited By cascadeking09

@CitizenBane said:

@cascadeking09: In terms of running? Yeah, pretty much that. What I meant was that Slade reacts faster than she does.

I meant just his general speed feats, I've never seen anything from him that was more impressive than that or at all. Speed doesn't seem to be something any writers focus on showing when they write about him, mostly just his planning and durability. I'm hoping we'll get to see something more than that from him in the future though, because the whole team buster thing is starting to get played out especially with him jobbing a bit in his later 1 on 1 showings.

Avatar image for the_mayhem_theory
The_Mayhem_Theory

1085

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@cascadeking09 said:

@The_Mayhem_Theory said:

@cascadeking09 said:

@The_Mayhem_Theory: I did forget about that, though when Marcus stabbed through her she didn't seem to take it as well as she did the bullets. As for her experience she still hasn't really shown that as much, she handled Marcus but she didn't really win and then there's Viktor and the lycan's she beat. I'm willing to say she's as skilled as Slade, but I haven't seen enough to say that she's more skilled than Slade is. I'm actually unsure of who wins, but what I am sure of is that this isnt a stomp like everyone has been saying. For now I still think Slade as too much gear, while Selene has a few obvious vulnerabilities.

I would say she was equally surprised by the shotgun blast as she was by Markus imbedding a talon through her. You're right, she hasn't shown much besides those parts in Evolution and during Awakening, but it's enough to say that she's both formidable against humans as she is against werewolves. Actually, she won against Markus by overpowering him and shoving him into the helicopter propellers, but Viktor was occupied with Michael when she used a sword to slash his skull. Selene, especially now, has no known weaknesses other than the occasional blood drinking, but per the end of Evolution, she can walk in daylight and is less susceptible to silver.

Not really. Marcus was distracted by William having his head ripped off, when that happened she ripped off the talon and shoved into his head and then kicked him into the blades of the helicopter. I know she didn't really beat Viktor fairly, but that seemed more like a speed feat to me. I didn't know she could walk through daylight. Lol I'm gonna have to go back and watch it again now. I forget something every time.


Markus wasn't distracted. He noticed Michael getting the upper-hand then saw William having his head torn in two. Then, Markus got pissed and swung his talons twice at Selene, who evaded, ripped the broken talon from her own chest, and stabbed it up into Markus' skull. But let's not argue over what happened. At the end of Evolution, Selene raised her hand in direct sunlight, and thus she became immune to sunlight.
Avatar image for killemall
Killemall

19020

Forum Posts

12398

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#84  Edited By Killemall

@cascadeking09 said:

@Killemall said:

I dont see what's stopping DS from cutting her into bite size pieces.

Her speed is comparable to his and she's also a skilled h2h fighter with a ish ton of experience, I dont see it happening that way.

Deathstroke has gotten better of people whose speed exceeds her's, notably flash , kid flash, and GL. I still dont see why he couldnt do exactly that to her.

Avatar image for wildvalentine
WildValentine

306

Forum Posts

3

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#85  Edited By WildValentine

For a second I thought we were talking about the immortal Selene. I was like "WOW. That's like asking someone to fight a bushfire with a frying pan."

Avatar image for cascadeking09
cascadeking09

6877

Forum Posts

3546

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#86  Edited By cascadeking09

@Killemall: Him getting the better of Flash just seemed ridiculous to me. The man can run at lightspeed and somehow gets tripped up that easily? With Bart it was Jericho in Slade's body and he shot him in the knee while he was standing still. Since when does GL have super speed, unless we're talkin flight speed I've never seen anything from him that makes him faster than Selene.

Avatar image for cascadeking09
cascadeking09

6877

Forum Posts

3546

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#87  Edited By cascadeking09

@The_Mayhem_Theory said:

@cascadeking09 said:

@The_Mayhem_Theory said:

@cascadeking09 said:

@The_Mayhem_Theory: I did forget about that, though when Marcus stabbed through her she didn't seem to take it as well as she did the bullets. As for her experience she still hasn't really shown that as much, she handled Marcus but she didn't really win and then there's Viktor and the lycan's she beat. I'm willing to say she's as skilled as Slade, but I haven't seen enough to say that she's more skilled than Slade is. I'm actually unsure of who wins, but what I am sure of is that this isnt a stomp like everyone has been saying. For now I still think Slade as too much gear, while Selene has a few obvious vulnerabilities.

I would say she was equally surprised by the shotgun blast as she was by Markus imbedding a talon through her. You're right, she hasn't shown much besides those parts in Evolution and during Awakening, but it's enough to say that she's both formidable against humans as she is against werewolves. Actually, she won against Markus by overpowering him and shoving him into the helicopter propellers, but Viktor was occupied with Michael when she used a sword to slash his skull. Selene, especially now, has no known weaknesses other than the occasional blood drinking, but per the end of Evolution, she can walk in daylight and is less susceptible to silver.

Not really. Marcus was distracted by William having his head ripped off, when that happened she ripped off the talon and shoved into his head and then kicked him into the blades of the helicopter. I know she didn't really beat Viktor fairly, but that seemed more like a speed feat to me. I didn't know she could walk through daylight. Lol I'm gonna have to go back and watch it again now. I forget something every time.

Markus wasn't distracted. He noticed Michael getting the upper-hand then saw William having his head torn in two. Then, Markus got pissed and swung his talons twice at Selene, who evaded, ripped the broken talon from her own chest, and stabbed it up into Markus' skull. But let's not argue over what happened. At the end of Evolution, Selene raised her hand in direct sunlight, and thus she became immune to sunlight.

Lol I was wrong again.

Avatar image for karrob
karrob

4305

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#88  Edited By karrob

Deathstroke wins after a brawl

Avatar image for ryuhayabusa
RyuHayabusa

2039

Forum Posts

105

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#89  Edited By RyuHayabusa

@WildValentine said:

For a second I thought we were talking about the immortal Selene. I was like "WOW. That's like asking someone to fight a bushfire with a frying pan."

What exactly is immortal selene gonna do against Deathstroke?

Avatar image for the_mayhem_theory
The_Mayhem_Theory

1085

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@cascadeking09 said:

@The_Mayhem_Theory said:

@cascadeking09 said:

@The_Mayhem_Theory said:

@cascadeking09 said:

@The_Mayhem_Theory: I did forget about that, though when Marcus stabbed through her she didn't seem to take it as well as she did the bullets. As for her experience she still hasn't really shown that as much, she handled Marcus but she didn't really win and then there's Viktor and the lycan's she beat. I'm willing to say she's as skilled as Slade, but I haven't seen enough to say that she's more skilled than Slade is. I'm actually unsure of who wins, but what I am sure of is that this isnt a stomp like everyone has been saying. For now I still think Slade as too much gear, while Selene has a few obvious vulnerabilities.

I would say she was equally surprised by the shotgun blast as she was by Markus imbedding a talon through her. You're right, she hasn't shown much besides those parts in Evolution and during Awakening, but it's enough to say that she's both formidable against humans as she is against werewolves. Actually, she won against Markus by overpowering him and shoving him into the helicopter propellers, but Viktor was occupied with Michael when she used a sword to slash his skull. Selene, especially now, has no known weaknesses other than the occasional blood drinking, but per the end of Evolution, she can walk in daylight and is less susceptible to silver.

Not really. Marcus was distracted by William having his head ripped off, when that happened she ripped off the talon and shoved into his head and then kicked him into the blades of the helicopter. I know she didn't really beat Viktor fairly, but that seemed more like a speed feat to me. I didn't know she could walk through daylight. Lol I'm gonna have to go back and watch it again now. I forget something every time.

Markus wasn't distracted. He noticed Michael getting the upper-hand then saw William having his head torn in two. Then, Markus got pissed and swung his talons twice at Selene, who evaded, ripped the broken talon from her own chest, and stabbed it up into Markus' skull. But let's not argue over what happened. At the end of Evolution, Selene raised her hand in direct sunlight, and thus she became immune to sunlight.

Lol I was wrong again.

Lol, no worries, dude. We've all had those days.
 
@RyuHayabusa said:

@WildValentine said:

For a second I thought we were talking about the immortal Selene. I was like "WOW. That's like asking someone to fight a bushfire with a frying pan."

What exactly is immortal selene gonna do against Deathstroke?


/facepalm
Avatar image for ryuhayabusa
RyuHayabusa

2039

Forum Posts

105

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#91  Edited By RyuHayabusa

@The_Mayhem_Theory said:

@RyuHayabusa said:

@WildValentine said:

For a second I thought we were talking about the immortal Selene. I was like "WOW. That's like asking someone to fight a bushfire with a frying pan."

What exactly is immortal selene gonna do against Deathstroke?


/facepalm

Immortal = Doesn't age, she is not deadpool that she can't die

Unless selene came back from dead on her own.

How about you post some of her feats?

Avatar image for ryuhayabusa
RyuHayabusa

2039

Forum Posts

105

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#92  Edited By RyuHayabusa

@WildValentine said:

For a second I thought we were talking about the immortal Selene. I was like "WOW. That's like asking someone to fight a bushfire with a frying pan."

LOL.. Are you talking about Black Queen?

Avatar image for wildvalentine
WildValentine

306

Forum Posts

3

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#93  Edited By WildValentine
@RyuHayabusa said:

@WildValentine said:

For a second I thought we were talking about the immortal Selene. I was like "WOW. That's like asking someone to fight a bushfire with a frying pan."

LOL.. Are you talking about Black Queen?

Yeah. I was making a joke. xD 
 
I said that asking Deathstroke to fight the Black Queen is like asking someone to fight a raging bush fire with a frying pan.
Avatar image for killemall
Killemall

19020

Forum Posts

12398

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#94  Edited By Killemall

@cascadeking09 said:

@Killemall: Him getting the better of Flash just seemed ridiculous to me. The man can run at lightspeed and somehow gets tripped up that easily? With Bart it was Jericho in Slade's body and he shot him in the knee while he was standing still. Since when does GL have super speed, unless we're talkin flight speed I've never seen anything from him that makes him faster than Selene.

Be that as it may, but what i was pointing out was Deathstroke has gotten the better of Flash and as ridiculous as it may sound it has happened more than once, 3 times if i remember correctly. In regards to Bart, no i wasnt referring to the issue in Teen Titan Volume 3 where Jerico takes over Slade, but there are been instances later in volume 3 too where Slade beats Bart.

Oh i assume you are talking about the one time Slade almost beat the Justice League, that wasnt the instance i was referring too. Slade has beaten Green Lantern while he was decending from the sky and he simply jumped and punched him (much like Ryu does in Street Fighter, sorry if i am getting out of track here).

Slade has consistently beaten people a lot powerful than Selene that is why i feel Slade should win this.

Avatar image for joygirl
Joygirl

21036

Forum Posts

482

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 43

#95  Edited By Joygirl

Flash is also reknown for being kind of an idiot. Depending on which Flash it is.

Avatar image for cascadeking09
cascadeking09

6877

Forum Posts

3546

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#96  Edited By cascadeking09

@Killemall said:

@cascadeking09 said:

@Killemall: Him getting the better of Flash just seemed ridiculous to me. The man can run at lightspeed and somehow gets tripped up that easily? With Bart it was Jericho in Slade's body and he shot him in the knee while he was standing still. Since when does GL have super speed, unless we're talkin flight speed I've never seen anything from him that makes him faster than Selene.

Be that as it may, but what i was pointing out was Deathstroke has gotten the better of Flash and as ridiculous as it may sound it has happened more than once, 3 times if i remember correctly. In regards to Bart, no i wasnt referring to the issue in Teen Titan Volume 3 where Jerico takes over Slade, but there are been instances later in volume 3 too where Slade beats Bart.

Oh i assume you are talking about the one time Slade almost beat the Justice League, that wasnt the instance i was referring too. Slade has beaten Green Lantern while he was decending from the sky and he simply jumped and punched him (much like Ryu does in Street Fighter, sorry if i am getting out of track here).

Slade has consistently beaten people a lot powerful than Selene that is why i feel Slade should win this.

Ok, I understand your point. I think Slade wins too, but I'm not too sure about what you're saying. Just how many times has Slade beaten characters with her level of speed, without preparation?

Avatar image for joygirl
Joygirl

21036

Forum Posts

482

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 43

#97  Edited By Joygirl

It was also stated that a lot of the amazing things Slade does is by pitting his enemies against each other, which won't happen here. His durability is his big strength here I think.

Avatar image for joygirl
Joygirl

21036

Forum Posts

482

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 43

#98  Edited By Joygirl

Just rewatched Underworld 2... something I didnt notice. Selene went strength-against-strength and grappled evenly with Markus,, even shoved his hand into the helicopter blades. Markus was able to yank a helicopter out of the sky with one solid tug. So that says quite a lot about her strrength level.

Avatar image for blackadamftw
blackadamFTW

7882

Forum Posts

203

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#99  Edited By blackadamFTW

Deathstroke.

Avatar image for holyserpent
HolySerpent

13762

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#100  Edited By HolySerpent

Deathstroke stomps....but Selene is powerful