Searching for existing battles using google, 101.

• 63 results
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By slimj87d

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=site%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.comicvine.com%2Fforums%2Fbattles-7%2F+Batman+vs+Captain+America

1. It's pretty simple really. Just copy and paste the following into google.

site:http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/

2. Then immediately afterwards, type what battle you want to search for. Make sure there's a space.

site:http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/ Batman vs Captain America

3. Would you like to find one of your old posts? Or even another users old post?

site:http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/ Batman vs Captain America "SlimJ87D"

This is a very powerful tool. You can even use the filters to find posts from certain date ranges, or the images tab to see scans you have posted in the past.

Please use this search function before creating a new topic. Chances are your topic already exists.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@slimj87d: It actually worked. Well done.

This should be one of the first topics in the battle forums. It should be pinned. It's very useful.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_batman_ftw: The great thing is, you can use "site:" on any website. It can help you find old articles, forum posts, etc.

It's very useful if you are troubleshooting something. Car trouble with your honda? Go to a honda forum and search it. Trying to find a cooking recipe? Etc.

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren@god_spawn Shouldn't this thread be pinned? This thread is very useful to help people and it's similar (in concept) to the other pinned threads.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

+1 Good job OP

No Caption Provided

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89 said:

@captain_batman_ftw said:

@saren@god_spawn Shouldn't this thread be pinned? This thread is very useful to help people and it's similar (in concept) to the other pinned threads.

They don't pin new threads from normal users anymore,they can put the link to it in GS's table of content.

Oh, I forgot about that new thread, but since when didn't they pin threads from normal users?

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i just google the battle and click "More Results From Comicvine" and it does exactly what you did

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: @oreoassassin:

It is true that you can do that too, but note, it will do the entire comicvine website since it will use

comicvine.com instead of the sub-forum comicvine.com/forums/battles-7

You might end up pulling links from none battles or even worse. One of Gregg's articles O_O. Lol, jk. I love Gregg's articles here.

Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d said:

@princearagorn1: @oreoassassin:

It is true that you can do that too, but note, it will do the entire comicvine website since it will use

comicvine.com instead of the sub-forum comicvine.com/forums/battles-7

Will do that then from now on thanks for the advice

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89: Thanks for the explenation, but I find it idiotic to pin down threads from normal users (when it may have been good) just because they're normal users-

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@sophia89 said:

@sophia89 said:

They don't pin new threads from normal users anymore,they can put the link to it in GS's table of content.

Oh, I forgot about that new thread, but since when didn't they pin threads from normal users?

TTBA made a thread and was pinned,then it got un pinned as most other threads,GS made one and linked all of them though.

Why? Not sure.

That was my quick 8 hours of fame.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89 said:

@thetruebarryallen said:

@sophia89 said:

@sophia89 said:

TTBA made a thread and was pinned,then it got un pinned as most other threads,GS made one and linked all of them though.

Why? Not sure.

At least you had 8 hours,most people get just 15 minutes =)

I've embarrassed myself twice in news interviews when they ask people questions on the street... Never again...

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d said:
@sophia89 said:
@thetruebarryallen said:
@sophia89 said:
@sophia89 said:

Why? Not sure.

At least you had 8 hours,most people get just 15 minutes =)

I've embarrassed myself twice in news interviews when they ask people questions on the street... Never again...

Really? Can you send me the link to it in a PM? If you don't want to, that's fine, but you don't care about it, can I watch it?

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25  Edited By Claymore1998
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89: @captain_batman_ftw: LOL, I don't know if it ever got uploaded anywhere... But I can tell you about the scenes.

1. They questioned me about a murder I had no clue about. I was just walking by the crime scene and they thought I saw everything, it was live and I was just completely confused.

2. I was buying a Nintendo Wii and they ask me how I would play the Wii, so I was pretending to play air tennis... Like someone would play air guitar, I was pretending to play tennis with no racket or ball...

In hindsight, I looked like a clueless idiot #1 and embarrassed myself #2.

3. What would probably top those two would be the time I was on my city's local channel Reading Rainbow knockoff... As a kid, they had me sit down in front of a camera and tell them about a book I had just read... Well little did they know that I was illiterate and didn't even read the book. English was my second language. I had just made up a story based off of the cover of the book.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Noice.

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d said:

@sophia89: @captain_batman_ftw: LOL, I don't know if it ever got uploaded anywhere... But I can tell you about the scenes.

1. They questioned me about a murder I had no clue about. I was just walking by the crime scene and they thought I saw everything, it was live and I was just completely confused.

2. I was buying a Nintendo Wii and they ask me how I would play the Wii, so I was pretending to play air tennis... Like someone would play air guitar, I was pretending to play tennis with no racket or ball...

In hindsight, I looked like a clueless idiot #1 and embarrassed myself #2.

3. What would probably top those two would be the time I was on my city's local channel Reading Rainbow knockoff... As a kid, they had me sit down in front of a camera and tell them about a book I had just read... Well little did they know that I was illiterate and didn't even read the book. English was my second language. I had just made up a story based off of the cover of the book.

That's hilarious and situations like that are annoying as hell. I can't even present something in front of my classmates without stopping all the time. I'm like: ''In 1814 t-t-this ha-a-a-ppened. lol

Which city, at the time, did you live in in the first incident you told me about? The second one is just hilarious.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_batman_ftw: lol, I can't, I must hide my identity.

But for presentations, just pause. Pausing is better than stuttering. Changing that alone has improved my presentations. Pause and look at a different part of the audience and perform some kind of hand gesture and continue. It will help distract everyone and allow you to gather your thoughts.

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d said:

@captain_batman_ftw: lol, I can't, I must hide my identity.

But for presentations, just pause. Pausing is better than stuttering. Changing that alone has improved my presentations. Pause and look at a different part of the audience and perform some kind of hand gesture and continue. It will help distract everyone and allow you to gather your thoughts.

I know it is, but pausing is a sign that shows the teacher that I haven't practiced reading it. I do try to look at people when I read, but then I get lost for where I was, and I don't want to practice on a presentation when my script is right in front of my nose. Thanks for the tip, though.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d: But what if I need to search for this thread because I forgot how to search?!

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: hopefully it gets stickied in the rules section or at least my post can be copied and pasted into it. But you can quote the thread title "Searching for existing battles using google, 101."

Quotes force searches to find exact matches. So if you want to find a old post, you can quote a sentence you remember and it should find it.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89: it's trademarked, where's my royalty ?

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Nobel prize

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Claymore1998
Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just type the battle name with the word comicvine at the end. Or you could just do an advanced google search and make all results be from comicvine. Or better yet, they could actually fix the damn search function.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By slimj87d

@jayc1324: I have a post above explaining why that doesn't work as well.

This method will only search in the battle sub-forum only and not the entire vine.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89: hehe just letting you off this time because that image looks cool eh hehe ^_^