deactivated-5bb7f2e29af78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Scrin vs Tyranids

Image result for ScrinRelated image

Supervisor Scrin forces ( with upgrades included )

Infantry

1,000 Prodigys

3,000 Masterminds

80,000 Ravagers

90,000 Shock Troopers

270,000 Disintegrators

550,000 Buzzers

Armored

30 Eradicator Hexapods

100 Mechapedes ( fully complete )

150 Reaper Tripods

200 Annihilator Tripods

300 Devourer Tanks

300 Corrupters

400 Shard Walkers

500 Seekers

500 Gun Walkers

Hive Tyrant Tyranid Forces

Infantry

10 Hive Tyrants with Venom Cannons

10 Hive Tyrants with Stranglethorn Cannons

10 Hive Tyrants with Boneswords and Lash Whips

2,000 Hive Guards with Impaler Cannons

1,000 Lictors with Scything Talons, Flesh Hooks, and Feeder Tendrils

50,000 Tyranid Warriors with Deathspitters

30,000 Raveners with Deathspitters

30,000 Raveners with Devourers

100,000 Spinegaunts with Spinefists

200,000 Termagants with Fleshborer

200,000 Hormagaunts with Scything Talons

Creatures

20 Hierodules

100 Haruspexs

100 Biovores

200 Mawlocs

200 Tervigons

100 Thornback Carnifexs

100 Stone-Crusher Carnifexs

100 Venomspitter Carnifexs

Rules

• No In fighting
  • No BFR
  • Win by destroying the otherside
  • Both are bloodlusted
  • Standard gear for both sides
  • Both have their own leadership under them
  • No prep
  • Random Encounter
  • No outside interference

Environment - one starts on one side of the city, the other starts on the other side of the city

Image result for Naboo theedImage result for Naboo theedImage result for Naboo theed

Bonus Round

The Trade federation has to fight both forces off as well and they are in the middle of it. How well does the Trade Federation stand? Also they have their main army there as well, but both teams are not united.

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll wait.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb7f2e29af78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MErulezall

Eh, could go either way.

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Thekillerklok

Scrin May be harmed by lack of tiberium here, conversely tiberium is scary and a tiberium rich enviroment would make this one sided in the opposite direction.

overall Scrin With MC (I'm assuming this works for the sake of the battle) should barely be able to edge out an "infantry" win.

as for "heavies" I'll also take scrin all day long.

scrin 6.5/10

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mhh prolly nids but it'd be close due to all the various forms

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: Eh, given the battlefield, the larger "Units are pretty much going to be stuck railing against each other while smaller units take up the side streets.

MC and buzzers seems really solid.

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thekillerklok: The nids have the larger creatures with high HF's. This will give them the edge where the Scrin lack. I do agree that the scrin win, just not buzzers being MVP.

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Thekillerklok

@thekillerklok: The nids have the larger creatures with high HF's. This will give them the edge where the Scrin lack. I do agree that the scrin win, just not buzzers being MVP.

I don't really know about buzzers being the MVP either, I was going for more of an disruption to be paired with Prodigys and masterminds, tipping the scale in scrins favor. (One of the prodigys ability's is mass MC IIRC)

my thoughts being that tight spaces give the scrin an advantage they wouldn't have in an open field battlegrounds.

The harder it is to flank a glass cannon the scarier they become.

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Thekillerklok

@merulezall said:

@thekillerklok: How good are they though? I'm curious.

Well In game they could teleport, Mass MC everything in a (city block... sized space? how do you even measure?..) for 20 seconds at a time with a cool down of 30 seconds. and had a separate CD for single target MC. And they couldn't control hero units or super units for obvious balance reasons.

they where also pretty low durability as in glass.

There isn't much lore that I can recall. (As they are basically just masterminds with the Area MC)

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DaGit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DaGit

200Zoanthropes? Yeah.. they murder everything with their mind lasers that cut open tanks and the fact they cause fleshy bits to explode just by being close to them.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dagit: Well the Scrin basically have the same thing with their master minds. That's why I included both.

DaGit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solarwavealpha: No, no they don't.

The Masterminds can take control over individual people. They have never attempted to wrestle away control from a massive hive mind.

Zoanthropes don't just 'take over' minds, they explode them. As a side effect. Their mind lasers can carve Leman Russ tanks into pieces like a knife through butter.

Zoanthropes eat the Masterminds.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dagit: Oh, but what about teleportation? They can teleport their larger crap even the epic units onto whatever?

Also Prodigys can control groups as well, and I guess according to some type of lore they can by themselves can control a whole planet within a matter of days. Surely 1k of them should help them combat the zoans? Granted yeah they don't make people blow up, but the counters are they can teleport whatever the heck they want to where ever they want, idk how Zoan interact with mechanized species though. Scrin aren't necron level, but they aren't meat bags. Unless I'm wrong?

Not here to debate for either side, just stating why I thought it was somewhat fair.

DaGit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DaGit

@solarwavealpha: Oh, but what about teleportation? They can teleport their larger crap even the epic units onto whatever?

Which is an mobility advantage for the army. Does nothing to stop the Zoanthropes since teleporting towards them would be a bad idea and teleporting away means they lose areas of the cities. This is not as great as some may believe thanks to the ludicrous amount of diggers the Nids have, this city because a massive honeycomb of tunnels that makes the mobility levels rather void (The CD on their teleport is entirely gameplay, hard to say how often they can truly do it.)

Also Prodigys can control groups as well, and I guess according to some type of lore they can by themselves can control a whole planet within a matter of days. Surely 1k of them should help them combat the zoans? Granted yeah they don't make people blow up, but the counters are they can teleport whatever the heck they want to where ever they want, idk how Zoan interact with mechanized species though. Scrin aren't necron level, but they aren't meat bags. Unless I'm wrong?

Considering the C&C human population weren't enslaved by the Scrin just making one and hiding it in the corner, makes it a bit dubious, however, again, this isn't playing mind tug of war with a bunch of isolated minds. This is trying to fight a massive hive mind for control of its pieces. One does not equal the other.

Being able to teleport troops around the city isn't much of a defense against brain exploding. That mobility advantage isn't all that great when there are 60,000 Raveners and 200 Mawlocs running around considering this city is going to be one massive network of tunnels soon giving both sides very potent levels of mobility.

Scrin are biomechanical. They are not purely robots. Likely their bio part is their minds and a central nervous system of sorts.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dagit:

Well I meant teleportating armored vehicles and such things that could step on the zoans like tri pods and so on

I think lorewise, Idk if an actual one had arrived on earth, and although mind control isn't something that couldn't be done before like Yuri has, so not sure.

That's thinking like a human dagit, don't be a human heretic! :)

If I removed the zoans and replaced them with 2,000 Hive Guards would that make things a bit more fair?

Also if the case of exploding heads and such is going on. How do the Eldar counter act this?

DaGit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solarwavealpha: if they get that close, they get mind lasered. Best way to take down zoanthropes is with overwhelming firepower from far away to overwhelm this shields or with your own psyker.

They did have one. Yuri, again, only mind controlled a few people. Not the world.

That is how the nids think. They love going underground.

It would. Should also give them some hive tyrants and biovores.

Eldar have their own psykers to counter, zoanthropes are rare, and eldar have tanks that can fly at supersonic speeds and carve through monoliths with single shots making them bloody good at surgical strikes.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Leaning towards the Tyranids in an awesome battle.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dagit: Mhh I think the scrin have some good range an of course their firepower is in the 40k limits considering IIRC GDI soldiers were using .50 cal for their standard assault rifles alone.

Was Yuri part of the Scrin? Also okay Ill have to play through again.

No I meant scrin having a spine and a brain! :) They are "aliens!"

mind giving me some numbers for the hive tyrants and biovores as well? Ill add all three in once it's done.

Which would mean a tug of war kind of state wouldn't it, or more like a two forces pushing at each other? Fair enough

DaGit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solarwavealpha: I don't recall GDI ever using .50 cal for their standard assault rifles. Considering the Nod use standard AK-47s, I have my doubts .50 cals are needed for infantrymen.

Yuri was not pary of the Scrin. Different game. Yuri was in Red Alert, which is a C&C game based upon the idea that the Cold War got Hot.. and weird. Nod/GDI/Scrin are not in those games.

They are biomechanical. They use telepathy, so odds are they have 'brains'. >.>

100 or so Biovores. Probably only 20-30 Hive Tyrants.

What for the mind control? Yeah, would be a tug of war. Making mass mind control unlikely and difficult. Unless you meant the Zoanthrope vs Eldar Psykers?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dagit: M-16s and such were used during the first tib wars, not the third. Ill have to find some stuff if you want to know that, but both nod and GDI use for the most part the GD-2 rifles which is considered a big upgrade to the old and outdated m-16/aks and GAU-3 Eliminators. Even in Tib wars 2, they swapped the M-16 out again for the M16 Mk. II pulse rifle.

Of course I thought I might of missed something I got Generals, Red Alert series, Tib Wars series. I just thought I missed something it's been years since I've touched them.

Or maybe a radio in their head mwhahaha <.< >_< >.>

Also I meant Eldar Psykers and Zoans.

I was thinking about adding Biovores tbh but I thought they might be too much.

Edit's been done, I've given weaponry to the tyrants as well so no excuses on why you can't give me an answer Mr. Dagit! >:)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dagit said:

@solarwavealpha: I don't recall GDI ever using .50 cal for their standard assault rifles. Considering the Nod use standard AK-47s, I have my doubts .50 cals are needed for infantrymen.

Yuri was not pary of the Scrin. Different game. Yuri was in Red Alert, which is a C&C game based upon the idea that the Cold War got Hot.. and weird. Nod/GDI/Scrin are not in those games.

They are biomechanical. They use telepathy, so odds are they have 'brains'. >.>

100 or so Biovores. Probably only 20-30 Hive Tyrants.

What for the mind control? Yeah, would be a tug of war. Making mass mind control unlikely and difficult. Unless you meant the Zoanthrope vs Eldar Psykers?

The weapons in the third game were upgraded to a "Heavy caliber" whatever that means, basically this explains away the gameplay of how rifleman could shoot up tanks.

Militants used anything they could get their hands on.

Tiberium plot bullets I put right up there with the 40k plot bullets or any other plot bullet.

DaGit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thekillerklok: just game play mechanics. GDI infantry could always kill tanks by shooting them, and given nod have people using ak-47s and still taking down tanks in gameplay, gdi upgrades explain nothing. I doubt they use tiberium bullets since tiberium is super toxic. The nod using it makes sense, doubt the gdi would.

Doesn't matter if that is all they could get as they still kill tanks with them which is why gameplay is a worthless metric to measure by.

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dagit said:

@thekillerklok: just game play mechanics. GDI infantry could always kill tanks by shooting them, and given nod have people using ak-47s and still taking down tanks in gameplay, gdi upgrades explain nothing. I doubt they use tiberium bullets since tiberium is super toxic. The nod using it makes sense, doubt the gdi would.

Doesn't matter if that is all they could get as they still kill tanks with them which is why gameplay is a worthless metric to measure by.

The gdi processes and uses tiberium in just about everything right? Isn't this a central theme?

also your nod squads don't just have ak's.

and to some extent we are going to have to make inferences from gameplay, as that is what we have to work with.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solarwavealpha: Still leaning towards the Nids but it will still be a great fight.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By jwwprod

@dagit: Actual no Nod doesn't use AK-47. They (As well as GDI) use this weapon as their standard issue rifle:

The GD2 Assault Rifle
The GD2 Assault Rifle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thekillerklok: actually iirc the command and conquer does have a comic series that takes place between the third tib wars and the forth game that never came out

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thekillerklok: actually iirc the command and conquer does have a comic series that takes place between the third tib wars and the forth game that never came out

There was no fourth game, only disappointment.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwwprod: Good to know, what are your thoughts on the Scrin as a whole?

Also what about the bonus round?

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solarwavealpha:

in your bonus round the poor trade federation is the figurative fodder stuck in a feed bin of two very big and very hungry bantha.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers