Avatar image for major_hellstrom
#1 Edited by Major_Hellstrom (17967 posts) - - Show Bio

The Rising Regime

No Caption Provided

Theme Setter:

Rules:

Generally

• Build around a character or a backstory, not a power.
  • Build your backstory around this setting.
  • Make a build to have fun in this world, not to just to battle.
  • It will be best if your character was poor and between the ages of 14-19 as it makes sense within this universe.
  • You don't have to build strong, even if your guy is weak, if you are fun to host then you will have plot armour.

Power Limits

You have two options either you have one strong power or two weak ones. You can use a special skill or a special skill as your power as this scenario will not provide them, for example, you can take Batman's martial arts as your power.

One Power Limits

• Your damage capability is maxed out at building\tower level.
  • Your power cannot amp your stats 2x or more.
  • Your power cannot allow you to survive decapitation.
  • Maximum range for power would be 10 miles.
  • No game breaking powers such as power stealing, power copying, telepathy, time manipulation, death manipulation, reality warping, portal creation etc.

Two Power Limits

• Your damage capability is maxed out at house level each.
  • Your power cannot amp your stats 1.5x or more.
  • Your power cannot allow you to survive a gun shot to the heart.
  • Maximum range for power would be 5 miles.
  • If you have a power such as invisibility or intangibility you cannot attack while activating it.
  • No game breaking powers such as power stealing, power copying, telepathy, time manipulation, death manipulation, reality warping, portal creation etc.

Body Limits:

• Maximum Mach 1 speed.
  • Maximum 10-ton strength, both lifting and striking.
  • Maximum tank busting durability.
  • Maximum healing would be surface level.
  • Maximum senses would be bloodhound level.

Gear Limits

• You cannot have specialized gear, however, you can say that you have gear that is commonly accessible in this setting as long as you mention it right out of the bat.
  • Maximum of 1 long range, 1 mid range, 1 close range, 1 defensive and 1 non-combat applicable gear at a time.
  • Tech level of your gear will be Viking level, so you can have a bow\ax\sword\shield etc, crude stuff.

Link to signups

Batch 1: Opening

(Placing this here to give you guys an idea of how things will go, don't respond here obviously)

You’ve been living in these rebel outskirts for a few months now, ever since they recruited you into their ranks, you’ve been living out here. There isn’t much to call home, rugged tents, dense trees, the smell of ash, the hundreds of brawny soldiers around you. You’ve grown accustomed to it all, and strangely you feel safe here, safer than before at least.

In exchange for living here, you were expected to have daily training sessions with other ‘special’ people like you, by the leader of the camp himself, Captain Boris Jackson.

But today seems different, usually, you wake up to the sounds of horns in the morning. However, today everyone was summoned, barely dawn.

You find yourself standing shoulder to shoulder with the rest of the men, call themselves the Ironwood Rebels, wondering what the reason was for this sudden meeting.

You didn’t have to wonder long, however, as the Captain began to speak as he paced on his horse back and forth.

“Men!” He shouted in a sombre tone. “We have pillaged, robbed, broken and have generally been a thorn on the King’s side for the past 5 years.” the men around you smile proudly as they hear it, but the Captain continues “But I’m afraid the time for training and petty crimes is over. As you know, we have long feared that the King would finally snap and end his two-faced facade. If the reports we are receiving from River Wood is accurate, I believe that the dreaded day has finally come. The King has always been afraid to get his hands dirty, preferring to scheme behind the shadows, but he is changing tactics. Reports indicate that our brothers in River Wood were recently crushed by the King himself, wearing a full set of pure Detiam armour the likes of which has never been seen.

Our people were slaughtered by our ‘King’ like animals, helpless to stop it.” you detect sadness and bitterness in the Captain’s voice as he pauses, gripping his hands until they go white.

“Our King would rather spend our most treasured resource on his garment, our King that would rather slaughter our people. No more, I say, no more! Today we begin what we have been preparing for. Today we stop being petty thieves, today we take the battle to him! We are the Ironwood Rebels, and our rage will not be quelled so easily. If the King thinks his fancy new golden armour is enough to stop us, then he is a fool. For the flame that resides in my heart will never be snuffed out!” You see the passion and honesty in the Captain’s eyes, and suddenly you feel stronger, energised.

The Captain then unsheathes his sword and holds it high in the air. “Men! Ready yourselves, for today we begin our fight.” The men around you pull out their blades and roar with courage before running back to their tents to gear themselves up. You turn around to do the same but the Captain stops you and the other children that you have been training with. “Hold. You will not partake in this battle.” He commands.

“What?! But I can help, I want to help.” One of the younger ones in your class. “That is not what I mean young one.” The Captain says with a smile as he pays the kid on his head. “You are all special, that is why I trained you, that is why I recruited you. You will have a different task, a more important one than this.” He says as he beckons to a nearby boy you’ve never seen before, by the looks of things is close to your age, as he comes closer you start to see a resemblance to the Captain. “This is my younger brother, Jason. He has extraordinary abilities like we do.” The Captain explains as he places his hand on the kid’s shoulder. “He will be leading this group of extraordinaries, your training was not complete but I have been training Jason since he was a mere toddler, he will serve as a mighty leader for your mission.”

“Which is what exactly?” A hooded girl behind you asks.

“We will be paving the way for the rebels,” Jason answers, grabbing a map on his pouch. The Captain pats Jason on the back “I will leave this to you.” He says reassuringly before he rides off to round up the men.

Jason fidgets with the map nervously, “So, as I was saying, we will be paving the way for the soldiers. See the Captain, er my brother wants to lead a charge directly at the capital but starting from the outskirts that would take months, and when he gets there all of the men would have been wiped out if he gets there at all. So our job is to ride ahead, to use our abilities to break the enemy so that my brother and his men could easily zip through the kingdom.” Jason explains while showing the route you will be taking on the map. “Well, that sounds kinda stupid.” The girl from earlier comments, “We’re basically untrained, barely adults, and you expect us to chop through all of the King’s defences? We aren’t the only people with abilities you know.”

Jason looks down sheepishly, “Well, I-I know this sounds stupid. But we have a plan, we’re going to detour to the Northern states so that we can buy weapons that even the King won’t have. And we’ll have the element of surprise.” He says attempting to sound reassuring. “To be honest, I’m not perfectly convinced either.” A blonde boy in tattered clothes says “But y’know, this whole Detiam armour thing seems really unexpected. So I guess this is our best bet.” He decides. “Yeah, exactly,” Jason says unsure. The blonde boy puts on a goofy grin and pats Jason on the back “We’re all gonna be fine, I mean what’s the worse that could happen?” He reassured Jason.

The youngest among you then steps forward and declares confidently “Yeah! I believe in this plan too, even if it sounds stupid. Because I trust the Captain.”

The meeting goes on for a bit longer as you discuss more details amongst yourself, but soon the extraordinaries adjourn as they ready to leave. You have a few minutes until you have to set off however, what do you do with it?

#2 Edited by Major_Hellstrom (17967 posts) - - Show Bio

Batch 2: Opening

It was midnight when the attack happened, nothing was out of the ordinary, same drills, same petty mission. Everything was the same as every other day, there nothing even hinting at what was to come. But then again, they always did say that the worst things happen are always unexpected.

After the men had eaten and retreated back into their camps, you walked to the Central, a place at the centre of your camp, where the heads of the River wood division of the Ironwood Rebels convened every other night for usual checks and balances, after all, you were no ordinary rebel, you were a member of the Alpha Squad, a famed group of rebels that had supernatural abilities, while you haven’t been here long, as a group you were so effective that the Ironwood guys tried to create their own version of the Alpha Squad.

The meeting was mundane like usual, you didn’t have any big missions this week so there wasn’t much to discuss. It was pretty tiring to talk after a day’s worth of drills and practice, so after the meeting, you headed straight for your tent to immediately fall asleep.

However, as you close your eyes and lose yourself to sleep, you hear a massive *thud* from outside. At first, you think nothing of it, you were tired and it likely was just an animal or a soldier who had too much to drink. But then you heard something else, screaming.

Immediately you felt the urgency and looked outside your tent to see three figures, on the left, a man in all black clothing levitating off the ground, on the right, an armoured man with bright red eyes wielding a mighty axe. And at the centre, none other than the King of Rigel Stal himself, it was dark but there was no mistaking him, his image was planted throughout the Kingdom. He seemed to be wearing bright golden armour making him 10 feet tall, you weren’t sure but if you had to guess, you would guess that it was Detiam armour. The men were already starting to attack, they were ill-equipped but they fought like rabid dogs without fear. The Captain of your camp then stepped out in full armour and commanded everyone to arise and fight. Instantly, dozens of men start to attack the three men, but their efforts were for not. They were slaughtered and tossed aside like mere ants. Even your fellow Alpha Squad members, whose powers lit the sky couldn’t manage to even scratch the heartless King. The Captain saw the hopelessness in the situation, seeing this he commanded the remaining members of the Aloha Squad to fall back into the messager’s cabin to warn your brothers in Ironwood of what is to come.

Drawing his own sword he commanded “Go! I will hold them back until my last breath.” he then turned to his men “Run if you will. Fight if you will. There is no dishonour this day. It was a pleasure to be your captain.” He said my loudly enough for all to hear without losing any seriousness in his voice, he then charged at the mad King with a courageous shout. He parried the King’s first blow and fought him with a furry.

You and the others didn’t wait to see what happened next, though you may have wanted to fight you knew what needed to be done, so you sprinted towards the messager’s cabin.

There were 18 members of Alpha Squad, each with their own abilities and respectable strength. But as you locked yourselves inside the cabin you only saw 9 others. You knew what this meant, but you did not allow your heart to flutter as you focused on your task. Though your mind raced and struggled to write a cohesive sentence, you tried your best to help write the most comprehensive report you could before quickly sending it through a messenger bird.

Your jobs were done. Now you were seemingly given a choice, a choice to go back to fight or to run and hide. But before you could even make your decision, you hear the smashing of wood as a golden hammer bursts through the cabin’s doors. That was your last memory.

The next morning, you woke up to the feeling of light slaps to your face. Your body felt broken and your mind felt numb, the light from the sun hurt your eyes as you tried to open them. At first, your mind was blank, as you lay in the wooden rubble in your weakened state. But then you started to remember, a flood of memories came back to you, instantly you sat up with a jolt of adrenaline. Your heart started to race as you thought about what had happened.

“Shhh!” someone says calming you down. “It’s going to be alright. I know your pain, but it’s alright now.” She says. You calm down and survey the area around you, and you see the same girl waking your compatriots, you start to recognise her, she was a powerful ally of the Ironwood rebels who was staying at River wood camp that night.

“It’s time to get up.” She says offering a hand. After grabbing her hand and wincing through the pain you find that you are still able to stand, albeit your legs wobble. The woman whose name eluded your numb mind, then called back all her clones back into herself. “I’m so sorry I wasn’t there to help last night.” She says earnestly. “I’m sure you’re all hurting, and I’m sorry I wasn’t there to help.” she continued. “When I arrived at the camp, I saw that everyone was already dead. Even Captain Jonas.” She says with sadness in her voice. “But when I thought I was alone, I heard something. The King and his huntsmen were talking to each other, about the Mountain Emerald.” she pauses. “They said that when crushed the Emerald would active the powers of hundreds of thousands of infants whose powers lay dormant, increasing the number of gifted people that will appear in the next generation by 10x. And the King plans to kidnaps them in droves.” the girl says with real concern in her voice. “If that happened, it wouldn’t just be the armour that made him unstoppable. I know you’re all hurt and not ready to fight, but we have to do something. I can’t fight him alone.” She begs.

(What do you do next?)

#3 Edited by Major_Hellstrom (17967 posts) - - Show Bio

If it is marked with unknown then it means you don't know yet, things will be updated and expanded upon as you progress.

Players

No Caption Provided

• Rae Nascent

• Body - Tatsu Frampt
  • Power - Robin Hood's No Face May King
  • Gear - Bow/Arrows (finite amount of Ironwood-tipped arrows) (Long), Throwing Knives (Medium), Short Sword (Short), Buckler (Defensive), Canteen(s) of water (Non-combat)
No Caption Provided

• Azure

• Body: Ultimate Jessica Drew
  • Power: Nynaeve's channeling abilities(Wheel of Time)
  • Skill: Shingu Hayato(Project ARMS)
No Caption Provided

• Thra'gon The Ancient Flame

• Body Stats: Archangel
  • Actual Body: 20 Foot Long Dragon
  • 1 Power: Chandra Nalaar's Pyromancy
  • Skill: None
  • Gear: None
No Caption Provided
  • Name: Unknown
  • Powers: Unknown
  • Equipment: Unknown
  • Physical abilities: Unknown
No Caption Provided

Richard Hunter

• Body: Jack The Ripper (Luthor Strode)
  • Powers: Composite Deathstroke skillset, Composite Batman skillset
  • Gear: Sword, axe and throwing daggers

No Caption Provided

Kuki Dansa

• Body - Kagura (Inuyasha)
  • Power - Wind Manipulation
  • Gear - Fan, used to channel Wind powers (Offensive and Defensive), Kimono (Non-combat)
No Caption Provided

Harrow Marksyn II

• Body - King Bradley
  • Gear - Ebony Knife
  • Power 1 - Noob Saibot Power
  • Power 2 - Aaron Hallam Hunting/Combat/Survival
No Caption Provided

Ranulphus

• Body: Ninjak
  • Power 1: Scorpion
  • Skill: CW Ra's Al Ghul
  • Gear: 1 Sword
No Caption Provided

• Name: Tobias (aka. Tobi) Grey
  • Body: Rock Lee
  • 1st Power: skills of Kirito (Sword Art Online)
  • 2nd Power: Toph's earth bending (from the episode The Blind Bandit)
  • Gear: Bow w/ Arrows, Zatoichi cane sword, 1 hatchet, studded leather armor, backpack with mask, clothes, first aid kit, etc...
No Caption Provided

• Name: Adam Alopex
  • Body:Dick Grayson (Post Crisis)
  • Power: Wolfbane's Transformation (Marvel 616)
  • Power(2): Sub Zero's Cryomancy
  • Gear: Armor(No Helmet)
  • Human Form
  • Wolf Form
No Caption Provided

Sonnen

• Body : Cain (Luther Strode Series)
  • Power : Elekid / Electabuzz / Electivire (Pokémon)
  • Skill : Hercules Method (Luther Strode Series, composite users)
  • Gear - Two knives (close), chainmail (defensive), cooking pans (non-combat)

Main NPCs

No Caption Provided
  • Name: Oswald Unkown.
  • Background: Unkown, seems goofy and powerful.
  • Powers: Anti-matter lightning manipulation and unknown.
  • Equipment: A small hunting knife
  • Physical abilities: Unknown.
No Caption Provided
  • Name: Unknown unknown Ashi
  • Background: Unkown, seems intelligent.
  • Powers: Illusion casting
  • Equipment: Knight's armour, ruby staff and unknown
  • Physical capabilities: Unknown, unknown and hypersonic speed.
No Caption Provided
  • Name: Jason Jackson
  • Background: Brother of the Captain seems nervous.
  • Powers: Thievery.
  • Equipment: Knight’s armour and unknown.
  • Physical capabilities: Able to keep up with the rest.
No Caption Provided
  • Name: William Unknown
  • Background: Unknown, seems naive.
  • Powers: Transformation.
  • Equipment: None.
  • Physical capabilities: Average abilities of a 12-year-old.
No Caption Provided
  • Name: Zhapov!
  • Background: Unknown.
  • Powers: Lightning, water manipulation, fire manipulation and unknown.
  • Equipment: None.
  • Physical capabilities: City level strength, city level durability, massively hypersonic speed.
No Caption Provided
  • Name: Boris Jackson
  • Background: Rebel leader, ex-soldier.
  • Powers: Water manipulation
  • Equipment: Knight’s armour, sword, lance and pistol.
  • Physical capabilities: 15-ton strength, house level durability, bullet timing speed.
No Caption Provided
  • Name: Rachel Taniguchi
  • Background: Member of the now defunct Rose Petals. Ally of the Ironwood Rebels.
  • Powers: Aroma manipulation and self-replication.
  • Equipment: Medical kit, throwing knives, healer's staff.
  • Physical capabilities: Unknown.
No Caption Provided
  • Name: Joshua Pennybags
  • Background: One of the founding members of the Alpha Squad, worked as their fancier. He is a lighthearted guy who dislikes combat, but he shouldn't be underrated.
  • Powers: Money mimicry and manipulation.
  • Equipment: Bronze staff.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2
  • Name: King Saul Friedrich
  • Powers: Unknown.
  • Equipment: 10-foot tall Detiam armour, unknown and unknown.
No Caption Provided
  • Class B
  • Powers: Shadow manipulation
  • Physical capabilities: Unknown
No Caption Provided
  • Class B
  • Powers: Telekinesis
No Caption Provided
  • Class B
  • Powers: Summoning
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
  • Class A+
No Caption Provided
  • Class B
His right hand is made out of ice
His right hand is made out of ice
  • Class C
He has blue skin
He has blue skin
  • Class B
No Caption Provided
  • Class Z
No Caption Provided
  • Class None
No Caption Provided
  • Class C
#4 Posted by Primez0ne (9955 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstrom: (Just finished my advancement. Might as well post it here.)

Azure's surprise at this turn of events left her speechless as the Captain and then his little brother explained the situation. At the end she shuffled back to gather her things. A mixture of fear, nervousness, and even excitement took turns washing over her. She certainly had many good reasons to feel afraid or nervous, but she felt a tang of guilt for her excitement. While the rebels were much more lively than the monastery, she had grown quite tired of the training. She had spent her whole life training her abilities. While the Bijou monks made peace a habit, they never skimped on any form of education be it rhetoric or combat. Azure did feel grateful for the extra combat practice though. The few fights she had been allowed to take part in had taken away any hesitance she once held in combat. In addition to that she felt herself growing impatient with only doing petty crimes. She had joined on to fight the king and his horrible regime. Stealing could not satisfy her. In front of her laid an opportunity to go above and beyond.

She packed up her meager belongings in a knapsack in just a few moments. Before leaving her small abode she closed her eyes for a solid minute. It was not necessary. Azure could have done this in a split second, yet she felt like she needed the extra time to collect herself. She pictured herself as a flower blooming and drinking in the sun's rays. The flower let the energy of the sun revitalize her as she began to metabolize the energy to then transfigure it into something else. Water vapor in the air and the silent cutting winds of the morning lazily swirled around her to coalesce into the loose form of a rod. Azure then reached for it. As soon as her hand touched the blade a current of energy shot through the rod instantly shaping it into a luminescent dark blue blade. With the image of the flower and the sun tucked firmly in the back of her mind, she strode out to meet Jason.

"I'm ready to lead the charge," she said with more confidence than she felt.

#5 Posted by Just_Banter (12413 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstrom: "Ehhhh?" Rae was currently in a slight state of disbelief. He wasn't quite ecstatic at how often he was being sent out anyway, but the missions were relatively small scale, so he didn't mind too much. Now, though? Now they want him to not only go in and all but take the capital for them, but they were just going to send the kids to do it? Rae seriously considered turning invisible and leaving then and there but quickly changed his mind when he noticed how much attention a few of the people around him were paying to him. They knew him all too well. Some had even subtly closed in around him, leaving him in the centre of a miniature, impromptu circle. Rae sighed deeply and hung his head in defeat. He wasn't looking forward at what was to come.

Returning to his tent, Rae slung his bow over his back, sheathed a small blade to his left hip, and gently placed several throwing knives into the pack on his right. After deliberating for a second, he opted to strap a canteen of water to his side, just behind his sword and made his way back to the group. "Alright, what's the plan?" he asked in an energetic voice that didn't at all match with his real thoughts of his situation.

#6 Posted by TheDeputy (119 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstrom

#8 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (17967 posts) - - Show Bio

@primez0ne: You stride out to look for Jason, who is saddling seven horses while mumbling to himself. You admit the sight doesn’t fill you with confidence, but you shrug the feeling off and walk up to him saying “I’m ready to lead the charge.” with more confidence then you had actually felt.

“You’re ready to lead the charge?” He asks nervously. “Oh right, we’re leading the charge.” He says as if to himself. “Alright, what’s the plan?” Rae (@Just_Banter) interupts. Jason opens his mouth to respond before getting cut off again, “You know, you don’t exactly inspire confidence.” The girl with crimson eyes, Ashi, says who now in full Knight’s armour.

Jason ignores her and turns to Rae, “Well, I’m loading up these horses so that we can travel-“ “Why will we use a horse when we have a dragon friend (@Manaman) The blonde boy from earlier, Oswald, asks as he gestures towards the 20 foot dragon.

“Yeah.” The youngest, William, interjects in agreement. “You guys can ride on the dragon, and I can already fly so I don’t need to.” He adds.

“But-“ Jason begins before once again getting cut off.

“I also agree. Taking a dragon would make us undectable in the skies and would allow us to travel much quicker.” Ashi adds.

Jason sighs, “Alright, we can take the dragon. But I’m not going to be the one to ask it if we can saddle it.” He finally says.

#9 Posted by Primez0ne (9955 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstrom: Azure piped and agreed with Ashi's plan. She briefly gave reassuring looks to everyone especially Jason and Rae(@just_banter) before drawing closer to the Thra'gon the dragon(@manaman). Channeling her powers greatly heightened her sense of smell making the normal soft smoky aroma of the dragon into a choking atmosphere around him. In her current state it was nothing more than an annoyance though.

"How about it, Thra'gon? You up for taking us on a ride?" She asked with a winning smile.

#10 Posted by Primez0ne (9955 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstrom: (You might also want to include the names in the character list for PCs.)

#11 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (17967 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by Just_Banter (12413 posts) - - Show Bio

@primez0ne: @major_hellstrom: Rae looks from the dragon to the horses as if comparing the two. "I'll uhh... I'll ride the horse, if I have the choice." he eventually concludes.

#13 Edited by Primez0ne (9955 posts) - - Show Bio

@just_banter: "Don't be so scared, Rae! Not everyone has the privilege of being able to ride a dragon," Azure gestures with both of her hands at the dragon's terrible magnificence, "Plus the plan would work better if we all rode him."

#14 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (17967 posts) - - Show Bio

@just_banter: @primez0ne: “Oh, you’re scared of a little old dragon?” Oswald teases.

“If you don’t want to ride the dragon, I get it. I can carry you or your horse.” William offers earnestly.

#15 Posted by ManaMan (512 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstrom: Thra'gon the Ancient Flame, preened himself while the plan was being explained. He nearly broke out laughing at the patheticness of it all. A mere child was giving orders. He should be giving orders, but everyone seemed to be tip toeing around the literal dragon in the room.

Why was a dragon fighting for some renegade rebels? It wasn't because he believed in their cause, no, the suffering of lower mortals was not of concern to Thra'gon. No he had greater plans. He was still a small dragon, in a few hundred years he would grow to enormous size and power but for now he was unable to achieve his plans on his own, and these mortals at least somewhat resembled his plan. They wanted to rebel against the king and Thra'gon wanted to bite the king in half and take his place. Thra'gon wanted to become the first Dragon King in thousands of years!

On of these pathetic mortals had the audacity to suggest that they ride Thra'gon. Yes, ride Thra'gon, like he was little more than a flying horse. Which mortal was it again? He couldn't tell they were all equally below him and he hadn't been paying enough attention to actually tell them apart.

Now they were bickering amongst themselves as to who was brave enough to ride on his back. Thra'gon snapped his jaws making a loud gnashing sound that got everyones attention. He channeled his dragon fire into his eyes making them glow menacingly red.

"You mortals are arrogant to think yourselves worthy enough to ride a dragon. But if you really want to try it, be my guest, I could use a good snack."

#16 Posted by Just_Banter (12413 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstrom: @manaman: "...is what he says," finished Rae after listening to the dragon speak. Why was there a dragon here anyway? Rae lacked the energy to bring up the topic right now. "I'll take you up on your offer, William. Try not to drop me, yeah?" He smiled at the boy

#17 Posted by Primez0ne (9955 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstrom: Azure sagged a little in disappointment.

"I guess we can take the horses since Thra'gon is being crabby as usual." She looked toward Jason and Ashi to see what they would say.

#18 Edited by Major_Hellstrom (17967 posts) - - Show Bio

@primez0ne

"Well somebody hasn't been properly housed trained." Oswald comments.

"Hmmm, that's disappointing, so we'll stick to horses." Ashi responds, saddling her stead. "I told you guys." Jason complains before doing the same.

William turns to Rae (@just_banter), "Well, I guess you'll be one of the lucky ones." before transforming into Zhapov and lifting the nearest horse with one hand, "So you want to take the horse or should we just go bare?" he asks.

"Wait, so no one wants to ride the dragon now?" Oswald asks. "Oh well, I guess I'll do it." he smiles before trying to leap unto the dragon (@manaman)'s back.

#19 Edited by ManaMan (512 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstrom: Thra'gon slapped this mortal away with his wing.

"You have tested my patience, Insolent One, and have found it lacking." Thra'gon let heat build up in his throat until his teeth turned red hot. He wasn't actually going to kill this mortal, despite how much he wanted too. Killing him would probably be seen as betrayal to these lower mortals, and he wasn't ready to turn them into enemies. A droplet of hot soliva fell from his mouth onto the Insolent One's chest causing him minor burns.

"Remember this as the day that you received mercy from a dragon, and mark my words, it will be the last time." Thra'gon said before leaping into the air just forceful enough that the wind from his take off battered Insolent One and caused him more discomfort.

#20 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (17967 posts) - - Show Bio

@manaman: Oswald lands on his butt but pops back up instantly. "Well, that was uncalled for." he says rubbing his behind. His eyes then light up and he has a mischevious grin as anti-matter sparks, "Fine crabby dragon, have it your way. I have my own dragon." suddenly a massive dragon head pops up from behind him as Oswald puppets it's mouth "Hi, I'm a cranky selfish dragon, weh weh." he says jokingly.

The Captain notices the slight commotion and walks up behind Oswald, before cleaning his throat getting everyone's (@primez0ne@just_banter) attention. "We're ready to leave, how's it looking here?"

Oswald drops his construct immediately and sheepishly backs away.

#21 Posted by Primez0ne (9955 posts) - - Show Bio

@manaman: "You should really fix your temper, Thra'gon. Your kind tends to be very vulnerable at this stage of development. This kind of pride can be quite dangerous. Doubly so with allies. You will not always be able to arrogantly strut around like this. " Azure adopted a friendly yet lecturing tone.

#22 Edited by ManaMan (512 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstrom: @primez0ne Thra'gon left the lecturing mortal eating the dust his wings kicked up. He payed no heed to her words. He circled in the sky, waiting for the rest of the group to head out. He will stick with the group but do so in the comfort of the sky.

#23 Posted by Just_Banter (12413 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstrom: "So we're not flying there anymore?" Rae asks the group. "Well, I don't mind. I didn't want to fly anyway," he says as he straddles onto one of the horses. "Sorry William, maybe next time."

#24 Edited by Major_Hellstrom (17967 posts) - - Show Bio

"We're ready to move out Captain." Jason tells his older brother. "Good." he replies with a nod as he signals his men to move. Jason then turns to the group (@primez0ne), "First stop Watcher's peak, it' a 9 hour ride so strap on and let's move." he says as his horse begins to stride away. Ashi and Oswald follow suit as Oswald calls out "Race you guys there."

William nods to you (@just_banter) before takes off in a sonic boom. He then flies to Thra'gon (@manaman) and says "Alright Mister Dragon, I'll lead the way unless you already know the way that is"

#26 Posted by Primez0ne (9955 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstrom: Azure grumbled to herself when Thra'gon flew away without answering her. She would have words with that dragon later. She put him out of her mind though as she hopped into the horse...well..more like shambled on top of it. She had attained a small mastery of magic and was one of her age group's top martial artists, but she could never get the hang of riding any horse no matter how placid. At this point she had learned to stick on well enough. Azure foolishly kicked it which in turn caused it to begin sprinting off after Oswald. She would have liked to have said she was trying to race him, but it was more of a life and death struggle with the horse to stay on as it raced forward. She just did her best to imitate her old masters' grace and poise despite despite her holding on desperately to the horse's neck.

#27 Posted by ManaMan (512 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstrom: "By all means. After you. Lets go burn some mortals." Thra'gon said with a toothy grin.

#28 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (17967 posts) - - Show Bio

@primez0ne:

Oswald notices you struggle and he laughs. Ashi then rides up beside the two of you and says "I'm going to disguise us as foreign monks so as to not be disturbed. So please ride like one." "That is one bossy lady." Oswald comments.

@manaman: Willaim floats in the air backwards as he looks at you "You know Mister Dragon, I thought I was the last true magical being in the world. Vulcan didn't tell me that there were any of his creatures left." He says.

The rest of the trip goes by uneventfully, after the 6 hour mark your stomachs begin to grumble but Oswald brought a sack of cashew nuts to snack on. After another hour of riding, you begin to enter a swamp, as you do you notice a few dozen houses in the distance. "Well, this is odd." Jason notes as he grabs his map and fumbles with it. "There isn't anything about a swamp village on here." Ashi grumbles "Just keep your heads down and act naturally." she commands.

As your group draws closer you begin to hear sounds of men shouting and gunfire "Whelp, that doesn't sound good." Oswald comments.

@just_banter

First Checkpoint: The Swamp

No Caption Provided

As you enter the village your horses get slower as the mud begins to stick to their hooves, causing their gallop to turn into a crawl. You can hear the cries, the shouts the violence and gunfire all around you. It's so erratic and loud that it can even be heard from the sky. It's pretty clear that something terribly wrong is going on here, and it seems to be the norm as there is nothing out of place and no one attempting to calm the place down. "Our destination is just 2 hours away." Jason says. "I can't stand this, we're moving so slowly and I can hear everyone's pain." Oswald says distraught. From the sky, William hears the commotions coming from the village and without hesitation flies down to the rest of the group saying "Why aren't you guys stopping, we have to help these people don't we?"

#29 Edited by Primez0ne (9955 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstrom: Azure's nod of agreement looked indistinguishable from her general bouncing around from riding the horse.

When they reached the checkpoint, Azure's senses honed in on the cries of violence and pain much more than they usually would. Struck in an indecisive trance, she had already been pulling away from the main group before William touched down with the rest of the group. She carefully hid the blade that was not quite a blade within her cloak. After a few tense moments of deliberation, she kicked the steed once again this time holding herself better than the entirety of the journey. She headed straight for the source of the commotion.

#30 Edited by ManaMan (512 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstrom: These mortals were marked by indecision. By the time they could actually agreed on something the people they were to save would already be dead. Useless, all of them.

Thra'gon the Ancient Flame didn't care for the lives of mortals, but he did recognize that he was not a favored among the group. Many look at him with a suspicious eye and wondered if he truly was on their side; probably because he threatened to eat someone every 10 minutes. Thra'gon decided he would at least temporarily alleviate these suspicions by helping the imperiled mortals.

"I'm going to help them." Thra'gon said and turned sharply mid-air and flew full speed towards the gunshots and commotion. He would hit the enemy like a lightning bolt.

#31 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (17967 posts) - - Show Bio

@manaman: @primez0ne: [This isn’t how battles will commonly be held but I’m skimming over this one since the enemies are so weak, no need to stretch it out, if you don’t like the representation of your character you can comment on it for slight changes]

Azure, Zhapov/William and Thra'gon rushed into the aid of the people without hesitation, Oswald followed them instantly after seeing them head for the site of the commotion.

“I guess we’re doing this now.” Ashi says to the two who were left behind. They then follow suit as well.

The band of young rebels race to find where the commotion lay, but as they rushed the thickness of the mud became an increasingly annoying obstacle. You could hear the screams, heck you could smell the gun powder coming from the matchlocks but you couldn’t see where it was coming from nor could you move as fast as you would have wanted to.

William, however, was unaffected as he hovered above the ground. He frantically searched the entire village at such a speed that you could barely see his figure but he made sure not to cause any structural damage with his speed as he did not want to hurt these people any more than they already are.

Thra'gon too was unaffected but his large frame and slower speed didn’t allow for his search to be nearly as effective.

A minute passed, and finally William was able to locate th source of the commotion. It seems like people where being escorted like animals to an over crowded wood shack by Viking-esque men with crude weapons and matchlock muskets. The men when firearms aimed at the people and were firing blindly, without remorse. William clutched his fists and flew in with hyperspeed, intercepting the shots. He then broke the roof off the shack and flew to where his allies were and without a word he lifted all 5 of them to the location of the commotion.

Before any of them could register what had just happened to them, she were in the place that had been looking for. Instantly, they identified the situation, their training showing its use. While the heroes didn’t have much room or know each other very well, they stayed out of each other’s way and fought as if they had done this before despite this being the first real time.

Dozens of soldiers fell in seconds, being burned by a dragon, annhilated by lightning, sliced by an invisible blade, hit by an arrow or blasted with magic. The soldiers didn’t have a fighting chance, most of them weren’t even capable of recognizing their assailants before they died.

The battle lasted seconds, it ended faster than it began. At the end only one enemy remained, the bruised leader of these scum, grabbed by his chain mail, hovering on the air, as William demanded to know why. “Unlike most of my companions, I don’t kill.” William says in a serious tone. “But if you don’t tell me why you’ve hurt these people, I will hurt you, badly.” The Viking leader smiles through bruised lips “People? These are animals.” He answered back gesturing to the people below. “You don’t want to make me angry.” William responds. “They were deserters alright? Disobedient soldiers, poor people who couldn’t pay their debt, workers who left the job. This place is a place for runaway rats, it doesn’t even exist.” The Viking replies in disdain. “These people don’t exist, their as good as animals to the slaughter.” He adds. William fists began to clutch tighter on the Viking’s chest. “Go ahead, hurt me. Kill me even. Then what are you lot going to plan next? These people were ordered to be slaughtered by the King. They stole from him, and now we know where they live. The King will send more men if we don’t come back with their bodies, harsher men. They don’t have anywhere else to go, they will still be here. So what’s your plan? Eh tough guy?” The Viking taunts proudly. William gives off an angry look as he contemplates smashing the Viking’s head in, taking a deep breath he oughts not to. Instead dropping the man into the floor below, knocking him unconscious.

“This has to end.” William states with full conviction. The others [NPCs] didn’t know what to it or if to say anything, they just gave the people a sad look as they each decided to strengthen their resolve.

#32 Posted by Primez0ne (9955 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstrom: After the battle while William interrogated the leader, Azure rushed forward to start treating the victims. One by one she laid her hands upon them. She firstly divined whether they were injured or not, and treated them accordingly. She did her best to try to command them to bring any of their wounded to her or take her to them if needed. Minorly wounded she ignored to save energy. Those with wounds that would either cripple them for life or slowly kill them she treated right after those in dire need of immediate aid. With each person healed, her strength decreased in turn, but she dared not stop until all those who needed her aid received it.

#33 Edited by Major_Hellstrom (17967 posts) - - Show Bio

@primez0ne: The team of heroes didn’t know what they should do next, this wasn’t part of their plan but now they have seen first hand what they are trying to stop. “We should split up.” William suggests, “With my speed I could get to Watcher’s Peak in seconds. But you guys need to start moving now.” Ashi nods in agreement as the rest of them gather themselves and head back to their steads (@Just_Banter) and the skies (@manaman). William then walks up to you and says “Your magic, I can replenish it.” His eyes then turn blue as he calls upon the powers of the water. He then lays his hand above you and you feel fully restored, in fact you feel more energy than you’ve felt in weeks. “Go with the others, I’ll find these people a better place to stay.” He tells you.

#34 Posted by ManaMan (512 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstrom:

Thra'gon enjoyed partaking in battle. Although, this could hardly be considered a battle, more like a slaughter. He flew around the battlefield too fast for anyone to get an aim on him all the while breathing fire from above.

No Caption Provided

Thra'gon noticed a group of enemies clustering together. The fools. He casts a quick series of fireballs that blew them all to smithereens.

No Caption Provided

Thra'gon looked around for more enemies to slaughter but found that these weaklings had already fallen to the rest of his companions.

As William interrogated the last survivor Thra'gon hovered before a gathering of mortal they had just fought to protect. He made his wing beats extra dramatic and his eyes to glow red for additional effect.

"Revel, mortals, for today you're lives have been saved by a dragon! Gaze upon my visage and behold the majesty of dragons. Recognize that dragons are supreme beings, and that I, "Thra'gon the Ancient Flame, am the last of these. See my flame and behold my power!"

#35 Posted by Primez0ne (9955 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstrom: "Thank you so much, William, " Azure straightened up after dealing with the last of the wounded. She regreted not being able to save those that died due to their dalliance, but she resolved to be more resolute in the future. She looked upon the small boy taking so much responsibility and frowned. "You shouldn't have to do this alone. I will help you."

#36 Posted by Just_Banter (12413 posts) - - Show Bio

@primez0ne: @major_hellstrom:"If he's taking them back to the camp then it's a 14 hour round trip if we go with him. As much as it pains me to say it, we don't have that sort of time to spend." Rae walks up to William and places a hand on his shoulder. "Can we be so selfish as to leave this to you?" he asked, masking the feeling of uselessness with a smile.

#37 Posted by Primez0ne (9955 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstrom: @just_banter:"We can catch up and this is a large amount of people. We will need a safe place to reposition the people too. They won't be safe moving with us, but just leaving them there might not be safe either...Jason, everyone, do you know of a safe location? Maybe our old camp would do or just anywhere they won't starve or get raided again."

#38 Edited by ManaMan (512 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstrom: @primez0ne: @just_banter: Thra'gon strolled over to where the conversation was taking place with the corpse of a dead enemy in his mouth.

Thra'gon chewed loudly, crunching bone and allowing blood to run down his chin as he spoke telepathically. "We could arm them. There are plenty of weapons from the other mortals we killed. Give them the weapons. Give those with the will for it the means to defend themselves."

#39 Posted by Primez0ne (9955 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstrom: @just_banter: @manaman: Azure ran a hand through her head. This situation was becoming quite complicated.

"I don't disagree, yet that does not help much with the problem of safety. A group of villagers, most of which are still injured, can't probably can't defend themselves properly. They will either need training or protection. That's not even mentioning stuff like food and other basic necessities."

#40 Posted by ManaMan (512 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstrom: @just_banter: @primez0ne: "In times of battle hard decisions must sometimes be made and the optimal outcome is rarely achieved. We can give them the weapons and leave the mortals with a better chance at survival than they had when we arrived, or we can waist time and resources seeing to their every need when we should be advancing with our far more important mission. Really," Thra'gon chuckled, "should we stay and massage their feet as well?

#41 Posted by Primez0ne (9955 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstrom: @just_banter: @manaman: "If we just leave them even with weapons, they are sure as dead," Azure retorted and asked the others again, "Is there at least another group, rebel or not, we can trust them to?"

#42 Posted by ManaMan (512 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstrom: @just_banter: @primez0ne: "We saved their lives. They have a better chance at survival than when we arrived. I say we give them the weapons and leave them, but if you insist on bending over backwards for these mortals who we already went out of our way to help, then be my guest. I'm done expending effort towards talking logic into you, young mortal." With his peace said Thra'gon flew off to find a nice quiet perch on some high rooftop, far away from any mortals.

#43 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (17967 posts) - - Show Bio

Seeing the conversation, William places his hand on your shoulder (@primez0ne) "I am a man with the powers of 6 gods, I can handle this." he says with confidence and a smile. "These people will be brought to another Kingdom, my home nation, they are not safe within these borders and only I can transport them there quickly, if you were to assist me you would only be another body to carry." he explains "No offence of course." he quickly adds.

#44 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (17967 posts) - - Show Bio

"The Dragon (@manaman) and Rae (@just_banter) have a point, we must go. Our allies rely on us, if they are spotted because we failed to take out the Watcher Towers then they will be crushed and the last of the resistance with them" Ashi says "We can't afford to lose any more time or countless more will suffer. We will have to leave this to William." Ashi tells Azure (@primez0ne)

#45 Edited by Primez0ne (9955 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstrom: Azure sighed in frustration.

"William..you're 12," she stated. Looking into his determined eyes and hearing his words though allowed her to relent, "But fine. I see you can handle it. "

Azure walked up and gave William a comforting hug.

"Just be careful. I'll still worried about you too. This whole business is dangerous for people so young like us."

#46 Edited by Major_Hellstrom (17967 posts) - - Show Bio

@just_banter: @manaman: @primez0ne: William thanks Azure then immediately begins carrying people off. Your group decides to do the same and begins riding towards Watcher's Peak.

Second Checkpoint: Watcher's Peak

No Caption Provided

This time the ride doesn't take long before you see your destination in the distance, a dozen massive towers peaking through the trees. "Those are the watchtowers." Jason says pointing them out. "We have to take them out before my brother comes within range, anyone have any ideas?" he asks

#47 Posted by ManaMan (512 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by Just_Banter (12413 posts) - - Show Bio

@manaman: @major_hellstrom: Rae looks up at the towers and whistles in admiration. "It'd be a shame to burn them down, but if the dragon wants to do it I'm not gonna say now," he says, deciding not to mention the fact that their size meant it would take a lot of effort to take them over stealthily and Rae can't be bothered to put that effort in if he can help it.

#49 Posted by Primez0ne (9955 posts) - - Show Bio

@just_banter: @manaman: @major_hellstrom: "Or we could split up and perform a joint attack. Rush the towers from different angles and converge on the central one," Azure suggested. She thought for a moment before adding an addendum, "Unless we have to take down th3 structures themselves. Which could prove troublesome wihout William."

#50 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (17967 posts) - - Show Bio

@primez0ne: @just_banter: @manaman: "There's 6 of us now and 12 towers, we should split into two groups. 6 towers each." Ashi says as she projects a miniature image of the battlefield with her powers. "Oswald and the dragon have the most destructive powers here so they can be in charge of destroying the towers themselves. Rae and I have the best powers for infiltration so we can sneak into the towers and kill the soldiers from inside. Anyone who escapes can be picked off by Azure and Jason." she explains. "I think the best teams would be Oswald, Azure and I, and Thra'gon, Jason and Rae. Any objections?"