Scenario of the Month: Phase 2

• 186 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Scenario of the Month: Phase 2 (113 votes)

Team One 27%
Team Two 6%
Team Three 16%
Team Four 8%
Team Five 22%
Team Six 21%

The Teams So Far:

Team 1 - Complete

Team 2 - Complete

Team 3 - Complete

Team 4 - Complete

Team 5 - Complete

Team 6 - Complete

Voting Session

Congratulations to the users that managed to create a team for this special occasion! This particular thread is all about propaganda and networking. Teams MUST go through a voting process in order to be included in the scenario and only a total of four teams are going to participate as faction members. Members of the teams must do their job and try to find as many votes as possible for their teams. We're going to give a total of 5 days for this voting session. We have a little surprise for those who won't get as many votes so stay tuned (you will still be able to participate just not as faction members). The two days left are going be used to reveal information to a particular set of users as well as prepare the selected for the Official Scenario Thread.

Selecting a Faction

This is a vital part of the scenario. Teams are going to be allowed to choose between four different factions which one they would like to represent. Each faction comes with unique advantages that might help your team and stack with their own advantages better than others, so choose wisely (This is NOT a Team Deathmatch). The faction selection order to choose will be determined by the highest percentage to the lowest percentage in votes by the end of the week, which means the team with the highest amount of votes will select its faction first and descending in order accordingly until reaching the fourth position.

The Factions

No Caption Provided

General Perk

Even though each faction has its unique perks, simply being part of a faction gives you an advantage faction-less people does not have in this match. This particular perk is the "Care Package". Care Packages, as its name implies, is a package that is sent from the base of operation in your faction, towards your team. The process and how you retrieve and get this packages is going to be explained further in the Official Scenario Thread, but you might as well know the only way to retrieve your packages is by being in the wilderness... With those black hissing beasts.

Unique Perks

No Caption Provided
  • Liquid Thermal Epitaxy: Coats your characters's armor and suits with a slim yet resistant crystal foamy, making them essentially bulletproof (does not reduce pain) and elevating the heat resistance of whatever you're wearing. This however, does not last forever and prolonged damage will deteriorate the coating sooner or later. That said, coating package can be retrieve through care packages.
  • Combat-Jetpack: Titanfall/Call of Duty: Black Ops III type of combat jetpack. Minor yet amplified jumping distance, sliding effects and wall running abilities. Recharges with air and depletes by using for more than 3 seconds, entering a 5 seconds cooldown before using again.
  • EDT Knives: Electromagnetic Disabling Throwing Knives, self-explanatory. Causes a disrupting electromagnetic pulse in the form of frequencies that temporarily fries non-protected electronics in a 15 feet radius, 3 minute discharge, rechargeable with sun-light.
No Caption Provided
  • Chrono-Spatial Printer: This 5th dimensional printer allows Tech Experts to literally print their care packages right in-front of them in a matter of seconds. They receive the transmission in the form of binary code and translated into solid paraphernalia. Can't be destroyed, can't be used by other people, can't be disabled. This allows Skydawners to retrieve packages without the need to be in the wilderness but from anywhere and everywhere, even underground.
  • Counter-Pulse Nanites: Nanites cover your suits and your armor and protects them from any EMP or Technopathy from anyone. This does not deteriorate as the scenario progresses so you shouldn't be worrying about anyone hacking, disabling or taking out your equipment.
No Caption Provided
  • Photographic Memory Amplifiers: Basically, your characters turn into a mix between Taskmaster and Cassandra Cain, but with a longer time to adapt. Characters with this gear piece can memorize fighting styles and subconsciously develop counters for the moments within it. This however, takes time and only people the characters managed to encounter before are applicable to assimilate.
  • Grokharian Steel Weaponry: Standers have the hardest metal in the entire galaxy. Their weaponry is highly resistant to all types of possible damage making them indestructible by conventional means. However, this metal is highly exotic so only one melee weapon and one ranged weapon is made out of it, per character. Characters who specialized in melee combat only get melee weapons and characters who specialize in ranged combat only get ranged weapons.
No Caption Provided

• TR-28 Muffled Coating: Your team moves silently. Edgers perform a total of -20 decibels of sound when they move as their gear is coated with the latest technology on sound-canceling paraphernalia. Moreover, the sound it cancels is absorbed to power the DX Conceal Hologram Creator.

• DX Conceal Hologram Creator: Chromatic MicroHexagon technology that allows your team to assimilate the depth, colors, brightness, smoothness and even temperature perception of its surroundings into a full body holographic coating. This is not invisibility... But is the closest thing to it you will successfully get. Can only be activated for 5 minutes unless you're in constant movement, in which case, you're going to be shiest of all people.

• ShockPulse Mapping Frags: Initially used for ECG Medical purposes, Edgers found a much more "lethal" use for it. These frags generate no sound whatsoever during detonation, however, release a 50 feet radius ionically charged pulse that maps every single living being, generating a transmission back into Edger's Bionoculars. This pulse does not run out of energy as it feeds off the cardiac pulse of living beings so it will stay activated unless the frag is destroyed or turned off.

• ShadowCarve Gauntlets: Edgers nanotechnology prototype. These gauntlets connect into the neural system of its users and pop carving fingertips at will, like a mountain lion or most likely, a kitten, that generate a nano magnetic field adhering the crawlers to the surface. This allows Edgers to crawl walls, cliffs and buildings. ShadowCarve Gauntlets do not work on glass and other non-magnetic surfaces.

• EagleEye Bionoculars: Edgers's eyes have been surgically altered to have greater view than any human being in existence. Edgers can see as far as 2 kilometers away from them and neatly spot their targets without the use of any device but their own eyes. They also have enhanced vision at night, again, like a kitten. Meow.

Mentoring

Once teams are selected, each team will be contacted by a seasoned veteran debater which will offer support for you guys to consult context, information or to stimulate strategic development in your team. Interaction with your mentor is not obligatory. That said, we encourage you to use their support as they might help you make the posts clearer and possibly cement your strategy as a solid one. Mentors are only allowed to discuss your strategy with you and your interaction with them would be completely confidential.

Let the games CONTINUE!

• 
higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#103 higherpower  Moderator

Team 3 most definitely

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#105 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

@jashro44 said:
@jardinain2 said:
@arkbound said:
@nathaniel_adam said:

@jashro44 Would you tell us what the 2 teams, that'd have lowest percentage of votes, would do?

I am also curious

Nope. You'll see when it happens.

I hope it includes the opportunity to "win" the scenario, because otherwise you're asking 8 individuals to put a lot of effort in to get a participation ribbon or face off in a 'battle of the losers.'

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@sophia89: that fight with Wade and DD. That was when Danny was in the costume, right?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f
deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:
@jardinain2 said:
@arkbound said:
@nathaniel_adam said:

@jashro44 Would you tell us what the 2 teams, that'd have lowest percentage of votes, would do?

I am also curious

Nope. You'll see when it happens.

I hope it includes the opportunity to "win" the scenario, because otherwise you're asking 8 individuals to put a lot of effort in to get a participation ribbon or face off in a 'battle of the losers.'

Ditto, whatever it is; make it cool?

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

If you aren't gonna vote for team 1 please vote for team 3.

@sophia89 spent allot of time reading Daredevil and working with him

and @heirtothekingdom is repping Deadpool and i wanna do Bone Claw Wolvie vs Deadpool. its gonna be fun.

gotta give team 3 some Love if you arent gonna vote for team 1!

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

(But vote for team 1 anyway)

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vote for team 3 because it has Deadpool. I mean, why wouldn't you want to vote for a team with the funniest character in comic book history? You want humor? You shall get it. Here's a sneak peak.

No Caption Provided

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

I vote for team 3.

I swear I have in no way been coerced or bullied into doing so... >.>

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900
deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@black_wreath: Sure, vote for them here but vote for team 6 in the actual poll. :)

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

@morleericks: Smiley faces < The threat of flogging.

You'll have to do better than that sorry...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_wreath:

lol your choice bud. I put all the effort I'm going to give in.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 Can I be added back to the Scenario PM?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Gotta say I love a good story so Team 5 got my vote.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#121  Edited By GhostRavage

Bump.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone vote for Team 6!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:
@lubub55 said:

@jashro44: I was thinking comics, but now I'm wondering if I get access to other Green Arrow feats, like CW ones.

Alright.

Does that mean he gets NANITES COURTESY OF RAY PALMER. THEY'RE DELIVERING A HIGH FREQUENCY PULSE THAT'S DISABLING YOUR SPEED. YOU'RE NOT GONNA BE RUNNING AROUND FOR QUITE A WHILE so that he can speedblitz everyone here?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lubub55: Nope. Those weren't standard equipment.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

@lvenger said:

Gotta say I love a good story so Team 5 got my vote.

Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

I'm outta my d'ast mind wondering why, me, the greatest cosmic adventurer, bounty hunter, master thief, expert pilot, tactical mastermind, genius mechanic, ladies' man and all around super awesome universe-saving badass, isn't in the top spot here in these polls...

Then it occurred to me: you must all want to see teams that will actually be challenged by the scenario. I mean, look at all these flarknard Earthers with their primitive tech worried about a buncha aliens. It's kinda cute, if you ask me.

I'm at home in space, kill aliens on the daily (before breakfast) and can understand, repair, rig and hack just about anything in the whole flarking universe. Not to mention firepower 30 centuries more advanced that would blow any of 'em into a frutackin' puddle of goo.

So it's understandable I be excluded to make things fair. I don't blame you.

Nah, who am I kidding?

No Caption Provided

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Voted for team 6

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#135  Edited By owie  Moderator

I take a month off from CV and look what happens! All kinds of cool stuff is going on in the battles forum. Great to see it so revitalized.

So to be clear--I vote based on what the best teams are, based on the characters and debaters together?

MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

@owie: Pretty sure you vote for the team with the lowest percentage.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 owie  Moderator

@owie: Pretty sure you vote for the team with the lowest percentage.

Ha! To be honest I think your team is being underestimated.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 the_red_viper  Moderator

@owie: DAMN RIGHT WE ARE.

MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

@owie: LOL. But yes, vote for the team you'd like to see make the scenario based on characters and debaters.

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Team 6 for sure.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1 still the best despite no one here saying anything.

b l e s s

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for ultimate_knight
Ultimate_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am voting for Team 4 because of how more diverse and purely role specific they are in my point of view. Though Team 6 seems pretty close in my point of view as well.

Most of the individual characters in most teams are very well rounded to the point they could have played, for example muscle or leader in the scenario (I am mostly looking at you Team 1).

Team 4 seems more balanced with their very role specific characters to my knowledge and will probably need the perks to compete with most of these high-tier and well-rounded characters like Deathstroke, Black Panther, Captain America, Wolverine, Boba Fett, etc.

Is this how the voting thing works?

Balance makes things more interesting right?

Well...umm...I voted and uh...it is not Team 6. Sorry, but you were definitely close. If there was an option to vote two teams, I would have given it to your team.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 owie  Moderator

@owie: DAMN RIGHT WE ARE.

@owie: LOL. But yes, vote for the team you'd like to see make the scenario based on characters and debaters.

Hell with it--you guys got my vote. Partly cause I like the underdog, partly because your team is actually pretty good.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 5 and Team 1.... I swear

>: /

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#147  Edited By GhostRavage

@warlockmage: Vital information is going to be revealed in the next 15 minutes. Just wait.

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 the_red_viper  Moderator

I have switched from 2016 Deadpool to comics+movies Hellboy. Just so everybody is aware.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers