Scarlett Witch vs White Phoenix\Jean Grey

• 93 results
#1 Posted by Firechild (40 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course Scarlett witch would have her powers in this battle or she would be toast.

I'm going with White Phoenix here.What do you guys think?

#2 Posted by Methos (40531 posts) - - Show Bio

curb stomp lol

White Crown Phoenix would own Scarlet Witch so bad it wouldn't even be funny...

welcome to the site by the way, kick ass avatar :D

M

#3 Posted by Resonate (14551 posts) - - Show Bio

what he said lol

#4 Posted by Celestrion (1649 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know sometimes even though I would agree, lol I mean come on she stopped a whole world of mutants.

#5 Posted by zee crusher (9066 posts) - - Show Bio

What possessed you to post this?? Its like galactus vs a man with a pistol.

#6 Posted by Firechild (40 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey I post what I like!

Avatar image for emerald_general_jai
#7 Posted by Emerald_General_Jai (2480 posts) - - Show Bio

Clearly you like the sight of blood. Her Majesty of the Crown for the win.

#8 Posted by pixelized (49085 posts) - - Show Bio

Phoenix destroyed a planet. Wanda doesnt stand a chance...like the galactus and man with a gun thing. lol

#9 Posted by Methos (40531 posts) - - Show Bio

It's the time and dimensional manipulation that White Crown Phoenix has at her disposal that i feel make it so bad...

M

#10 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is it such a curpstomp? I'm not saying Wanda wins, I'm not even saying she's more powerful then the Phoenix. But she does have abilities that would give her a chance. Her Hex Powers alone have the ability to make the impossible possible. Anyone who thinks Wanda is simply holding a gun going up against Galactus clearly doesn't know Wanda Maximoff. If the gun has magic bullets that make the impossible possible then yeah, I agree with that.

#11 Posted by Methos (40531 posts) - - Show Bio

White Crown Phoenix could... she's used dimensional manipulation before to create an entire new reality while she watched from outside of time and space...

M

#12 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio

Although I don't remeber seeing Wanda ever use Time Manipulation, I do believe its well within her powers to do so. I'm not sure how Dimensional Manipulation works. Does that mean Phoenix could put Wanda in another dimension?

#13 Posted by Methos (40531 posts) - - Show Bio

fair point...

M

#14 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"White Crown Phoenix could... she's used dimensional manipulation before to create an entire new reality while she watched from outside of time and space...M"

Isn't that what Wanda did in House of M? Not only did she create a new reality, tear it down and rebuild another one, but it was such a powerful spell that the reality she created is now ingrained into the current reality. With no way of undoing it without unraveling reality itself.

#15 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio

I doubt Wanda would be able to defend Phoenix's telepathy and telekinesis, along with her other various powers. I just think there is a slight possibility Wanda could pull something off.

#16 Posted by zee crusher (9066 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Methos says:
"White Crown Phoenix could... she's used dimensional manipulation before to create an entire new reality while she watched from outside of time and space... M"
Isn't that what Wanda did in House of M? Not only did she create a new reality, tear it down and rebuild another one, but it was such a powerful spell that the reality she created is now ingrained into the current reality. With no way of undoing it without unraveling reality itself."

That was counted as reality manipulation when she depowered all those mutants. She can't do anything to hurt the phoenix why is why its a curb stomp.

#17 Posted by zee crusher (9066 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"zee crusher says:
"Gambler says:
"Methos says:
"White Crown Phoenix could... she's used dimensional manipulation before to create an entire new reality while she watched from outside of time and space... M"
Isn't that what Wanda did in House of M? Not only did she create a new reality, tear it down and rebuild another one, but it was such a powerful spell that the reality she created is now ingrained into the current reality. With no way of undoing it without unraveling reality itself."
That was counted as reality manipulation when she depowered all those mutants. She can't do anything to hurt the phoenix why is why its a curb stomp."
Actually I wasn't talking about **Decimation M**. I'm talking about **House of M**. When she re-created reality. And she doesn't need to hurt the Phoenix to stop or defeat her."

Then my mistake. Also she would. It be impossible for to banish the phoenix unless she does something like what strange would manage to do maybe.

#18 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio

zee crusher says:

"Gambler says:
"Methos says:

That was counted as reality manipulation when she depowered all those mutants. She can't do anything to hurt the phoenix why is why its a curb stomp."

Actually I wasn't talking about Decimation M. I'm talking about House of M. When she re-created reality. And she doesn't need to hurt the Phoenix to stop or defeat her.

#19 Posted by King Saturn (223226 posts) - - Show Bio

White Phoenix would beat Scarlett Witch pretty bad

#20 Posted by Eternal Chaos (23190 posts) - - Show Bio

Witch is dust. No chance in hell.

#21 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"Witch is dust. No chance in hell."

That makes no sense whatsoever.

#22 Posted by WARLOCK2792 (18072 posts) - - Show Bio

Uhm, Reality altering mutant who shaped the world instantly not once, but twice. Her magicks are so powerful, that they have not only changed the future of mutants, but they are also intertwined with the universe. I don't think it's a curbstomp at all.

#23 Posted by venom hybrid (2488 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't Pheonix like the incarnation of all the death in the universe

and white crown would takes this fairly easily.

#24 Posted by DragonGateAcer (5463 posts) - - Show Bio

phoenix

#25 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio

Again, I'm not saying Wanda wins. But I have yet to see anyone (besides Methos) give a reasonable explanation as to how.

#26 Posted by WARLOCK2792 (18072 posts) - - Show Bio

Wanda ressurects herself.

#27 Posted by Skepta (500 posts) - - Show Bio

She could wipe Wanda from existence.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
#28 Posted by BuckshotWasHere (19547 posts) - - Show Bio

Ignoring the battle, (I think Phoenix wins, she could easily will Wanda out of existence. There are posts about Wanda's HoM stuff, but who says Phoenix goes feat for feat with her? What if she just attacks Wanda straight up, not battling the reality warping she throws out? She can effortlessly destroy whole solar systems or universes, why can't she end the life of one mutant? She can extinguish life of whole generations (and thus, many potential Wanda's) just by accessing her power, why wouldn't she able to deal with one woman standing in her way? And how much success do you think Wanda would have affecting the very life force of the universe? She altered reality, sure, but that's not the same as beating the universe itself, especially if in this case it's actively working against her. There's so much more I could say about the Phoenix even before reaching Jean's normal powers, but I coulda sworn I started with "Ignoring the battle...") I have some questions about Wanda's reality warping. This isn't the first time I've heard that what she did was permanent and unchangeable, but I'm not sure I agree with that. Originally it was said that what was done couldn't be undone, but since then, reality has changed and 2 time lines have popped up containing mutants. If Wanda's stuff was so unchangeable, that couldn't have happened unless I missed something. That's not to take away from the scale at which she did her stuff, I just want to discuss that point.

#29 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure anyone ever said Phoenix couldn't end Wanda's life. But simply posting its a curbstomp or saying Phoenix wins wasn't cutting it. Destroying a Solar System is impressive in terms of power, but it doesn't really fight back. I must admit my knowledge of the White Phoenix is sketchy at best. But didn't Dr.Strange banish it or something to that affect? Seems like I saw that posted in here. Reality Manipulation really wasn't what I was focusing on to begin with. Wanda'a Probability Control is a bigger factor in my opinion, I simply got side tracked while responding to other posts. You seem to be under thee impression that I or we or someone was saying Wanda would win. I'm saying with her Probability Manipulation there's always a chance to do something.

As for the second part of your posts.

Yes there was a mutant baby that appeared, but what do we know about it? How do we know wanda didn't create it? There's to many unanswered questions for me to even begin to try and make a case as to why it happened. Wanda is supposedly powerless now, maybe its fixing itself, who knows? Thats still kinda an ongoing event.

Post Edited:2008-03-25 15:40:15

#30 Posted by BuckshotWasHere (19547 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Not sure anyone ever said Phoenix couldn't end Wanda's life. But simply posting its a curbstomp or saying Phoenix wins wasn't cutting it. "

I know, that's why I posted some of my thoughts instead of just saying "Phoenix" and getting to my question.

Gambler says:

"Destroying a Solar System is impressive in terms of power, but it doesn't really fight back."

Neither does a reality, which is why I said as much.

Gambler says:

"You seem to be under thee impression that I or we or someone was saying Wanda **would** win. "

Nope...

Gambler says:

"Why is it such a curpstomp? I'm not saying Wanda wins..."

I read that post.

Gambler says:

"I'm saying with her Probability Manipulation there's always a chance to do something."

I don't necessarily agree. It makes sense in theory: she makes the seemingly impossible, possible. If it's impossible to beat Phoenix she might make that possible; thing is, I don't see enough to support that and also, there's a point where "hex powers", "probability manipulation" and "luck" are just plot devices. I'd need a lot to support her lucking her way into beating the embodiment of life/creation/destruction/chaos, something capable of maintaining or destroying all of creation, outside of a comic book. And what stops Jean from doing any number of things ranging from simply using her TP to stop to turning back time itself and beating Wanda before she decides to act?

Gambler says:

"As for the second part of your posts. [pictures]Yes there was a mutant baby that appeared, but what do we know about it? How do we know wanda didn't create it? There's to many unanswered questions for me to even begin to try and make a case as to why it happened. Wanda is supposedly powerless now, maybe its fixing itself, who knows? Thats still kinda an ongoing event."

I'm not trying to state who or what exactly did it, just saying that it's apparently not completely irreversible as was originally thought (although I must point out that in the scans you posted it never says that it can't be undone, just that the risk is too great. Strange says he might be able to do it but if he tried reality could implode, not that it would, but the chance that it might makes it not worth the risk.

#31 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Gambler says:
"Not sure anyone ever said Phoenix couldn't end Wanda's life. But simply posting its a curbstomp or saying Phoenix wins wasn't cutting it. "

I know, that's why I posted some of my thoughts instead of just saying "Phoenix" and getting to my question.

Gambler says:

"Destroying a Solar System is impressive in terms of power, but it doesn't really fight back."

Neither does a reality, which is why I said as much.

Gambler says:

"You seem to be under thee impression that I or we or someone was saying Wanda **would** win. "

Nope...

Gambler says:

"Why is it such a curpstomp? I'm not saying Wanda wins..."

I read that post.

Gambler says:

"I'm saying with her Probability Manipulation there's always a chance to do something."

I don't necessarily agree. It makes sense in theory: she makes the seemingly impossible, possible. If it's impossible to beat Phoenix she might make that possible; thing is, I don't see enough to support that and also, there's a point where "hex powers", "probability manipulation" and "luck" are just plot devices. I'd need a lot to support her lucking her way into beating the embodiment of life/creation/destruction/chaos, something capable of maintaining or destroying all of creation, outside of a comic book. And what stops Jean from doing any number of things ranging from simply using her TP to stop to turning back time itself and beating Wanda before she decides to act?

Gambler says:

"As for the second part of your posts. [pictures]Yes there was a mutant baby that appeared, but what do we know about it? How do we know wanda didn't create it? There's to many unanswered questions for me to even begin to try and make a case as to why it happened. Wanda is supposedly powerless now, maybe its fixing itself, who knows? Thats still kinda an ongoing event."

I'm not trying to state who or what exactly did it, just saying that it's apparently not completely irreversible as was originally thought (although I must point out that in the scans you posted it never says that it can't be undone, just that the risk is too great. Strange says he might be able to do it but if he tried reality could implode, not that it would, but the chance that it might makes it not worth the risk."

I see what your saying. "In Theory" I like that part. Thats what I should have started out my posts with. As for lucking her way into beating the Phoenix I doubt such evidence exists. I do have a question though. Has the White Phoenix ever been stopped or contained ? Didn't it fight Emma Frost? And was the earlier post about Dr.Strange banishing it true?

#32 Posted by WARLOCK2792 (18072 posts) - - Show Bio

Skepta says:

"She could wipe Wanda from existence."
And Wanda could possibly do the same to her.
#33 Posted by Forever (4313 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"I don't necessarily agree. It makes sense in theory: she makes the seemingly impossible, possible. If it's impossible to beat Phoenix she might make that possible; thing is, I don't see enough to support that and also, there's a point where "hex powers", "probability manipulation" and "luck" are just plot devices. I'd need a lot to support her lucking her way into beating the embodiment of life/creation/destruction/chaos, something capable of maintaining or destroying all of creation, outside of a comic book. And what stops Jean from doing any number of things ranging from simply using her TP to stop to turning back time itself and beating Wanda before she decides to act?"

This is the part that interests me. Surely Gambler doesn't think Wanda could ever win this fight, but that perhaps she could prolong it and even cause some doubt of the outcome in the minds of some onlooker. But as your last questions touch on, we would have to assume that Wanda's ability to use her hex powers would be quicker than Jean could attack using telepathy or telekinesis or whichever of her vast array of powers she decides to use to end Wanda's life. Or at least it would be a tie, and then could Wanda's reality manipulation affect Jean before Jean switched tack and tried to counter it with her own? Because even the hex powers appear to me to be some form of reality manipulation. And if that is the case, do reality manipulators have defenses against being manipulated themselves, as most telepaths (bot not all) seem to have against telepathic attacks.

#34 Posted by WARLOCK2792 (18072 posts) - - Show Bio

I swear Dr. Strange trapped it somewhere. I know I read that. I don't know where to find it though.

#35 Posted by WARLOCK2792 (18072 posts) - - Show Bio

Remember, Emma Frost said that Wanda could wipe them out with merely a thought.

#36 Posted by Forever (4313 posts) - - Show Bio

White Mage says:

"Remember, Emma Frost said that Wanda could wipe them out with merely a thought."

I do remember that, but that doesnt come close to answering my question.

#37 Posted by WARLOCK2792 (18072 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"White Mage says:
"Remember, Emma Frost said that Wanda could wipe them out with merely a thought."
I do remember that, but that doesnt come close to answering my question."
Sorry, it wasn't really an answer to your question as much as it was a comment on Wanda. As far as your question goes, I really don't know how to answer that. Wanda can make herself immune to death, as well as alter the past. But Phoenix is always coming back, and ate a freakin star. LOL I just don't see a curbstomp here.
#38 Posted by BuckshotWasHere (19547 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"I see what your saying. "In Theory" I like that part. Thats what I should have started out my posts with. As for lucking her way into beating the Phoenix I doubt such evidence exists. I do have a question though. Has the White Phoenix ever been stopped or contained ? Didn't it fight Emma Frost? And was the earlier post about Dr.Strange banishing it true?"

I don't know about Phoenix being trapped or contained, or if she was, if it was this version of Phoenix.

White Mage says:

"Skepta says:
And Wanda could possibly do the same to her."

I've had to rewrite this about 4 times because I don't know this works in your mind. Do you think Wanda has a better (or even equal) shot at taking out Phoenix (the embodiment of life/creation/destruction/chaos, something capable of maintaining or destroying all of creation, a force with control over time, space, reality, etc, a being that can snuff out life just by drawing on its power, holds universes in its hands, has complete control over every atom in the universe [or multiverse], who can be reborn from complete destruction, etc, etc) than Phoenix has at doing the opposite? I ask because I'm reading your post as if you're responding to what Skepta said by saying "yeah, Wanda can do it too".

#39 Posted by Forever (4313 posts) - - Show Bio

White Mage says:

"Sorry, it wasn't really an answer to your question as much as it was a comment on Wanda. As far as your question goes, I really don't know how to answer that. Wanda can make herself immune to death, as well as alter the past. But Phoenix is always coming back, and ate a freakin star. LOL I just don't see a curbstomp here. "

I think to keep it from being a curbstomp, Wanda would have to be able to use her powers and use them effectively. If Wanda's attack is slower than Jean's because Jean's attack is as quick as the thought sent to move a limb or bat an eyelash while Wanda has to think her attacks out in a complete sentence, then Wanda gets curbstomped. If Wanda's attacks are just as fast as Jeans, or faster, but Jean has reality warping defenses just like her telepathic defenses, then again it's a curbstomp. We would have to believe that Wanda's attacks are as fast and that Jean has little to no defenses against Wanda's attacks to even allow Wanda a chance at making a fight of it.

#40 Posted by WARLOCK2792 (18072 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Gambler says:
" I see what your saying. "In Theory" I like that part. Thats what I should have started out my posts with. As for lucking her way into beating the Phoenix I doubt such evidence exists. I do have a question though. Has the White Phoenix ever been stopped or contained ? Didn't it fight Emma Frost? And was the earlier post about Dr.Strange banishing it true?"
I don't know about Phoenix being trapped or contained, or if she was, if it was *this* version of Phoenix. White Mage says:
"Skepta says:
And Wanda could possibly do the same to her. "
I've had to rewrite this about 4 times because I don't know this works in your mind. Do you think Wanda has a better (or even equal) shot at taking out Phoenix (the embodiment of life/creation/destruction/chaos, something capable of maintaining or destroying all of creation, a force with control over time, space, reality, etc, a being that can snuff out life just by drawing on its power, holds universes in its hands, has complete control over every atom in the universe [or multiverse], who can be reborn from complete destruction, etc, etc) than Phoenix has at doing the opposite? I ask because I'm reading your post as if you're responding to what Skepta said by saying "yeah, Wanda can do it too"."
No, I do not think Wanda has a **better** chance. But with someone who alters reality, I don't think it's as simple as saying she's powerless against Phoenix. Someone who alters reality, and clearly the entire universe, stands a chance. "Billions of "SOULS" over "WORLDS" and "DIMENSIONS". That's not someone you take out easily.
#41 Posted by BuckshotWasHere (19547 posts) - - Show Bio

White Mage says:

"Someone who alters reality, and clearly the entire universe, stands a chance. "Billions of "SOULS" over "WORLDS" and "DIMENSIONS". That's not someone you take out easily."

What do you think Phoenix is?

#42 Posted by WARLOCK2792 (18072 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"White Mage says:
"Someone who alters reality, and clearly the entire universe, stands a chance. "Billions of "SOULS" over "WORLDS" and "DIMENSIONS". That's not someone you take out easily. "
What do you think Phoenix is?"
I know what Phoenix is, but does that change the fact that Wanda still pulled off the feat?
#43 Posted by Sparda (15794 posts) - - Show Bio

Correct me if I'm wrong (I mean that, I'm not totally sure), but for Wanda to have a hope at survival, wouldn't she have to think and then form a logical sentence?

White Crown could just have the thought or desire and then Wanda kinda just disappears from existence....
Post Edited:2008-03-25 20:12:01

#44 Posted by WARLOCK2792 (18072 posts) - - Show Bio

Sparda says:

"Correct me if I'm wrong (I mean that, I'm not totally sure), but for Wanda to have a hope at survival, wouldn't she have to think and then form a logical sentence? White Crown could just have the thought or desire and then Wanda kinda just disappears from existence....
Post Edited:2008-03-25 20:12:01"
No concentration needed. She just needs a gesture to bend reality.
#45 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio

Sparda says:

"Correct me if I'm wrong (I mean that, I'm not totally sure), but for Wanda to have a hope at survival, wouldn't she have to think and then form a logical sentence?"

She's not Zatanna. She doesn't need to speak her spells.

#46 Posted by WARLOCK2792 (18072 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Sparda says:
"Correct me if I'm wrong (I mean that, I'm not totally sure), but for Wanda to have a hope at survival, wouldn't she have to think and then form a logical sentence? "
She's not Zatanna. She doesn't need to speak her spells."

Correct.

@Sparda Reminder: Barn incident.
Post Edited:2008-03-25 21:28:12

#47 Posted by BuckshotWasHere (19547 posts) - - Show Bio

White Mage says:

"Buckshot says:
"White Mage says:
"Someone who alters reality, and clearly the entire universe, stands a chance. "Billions of "SOULS" over "WORLDS" and "DIMENSIONS". That's not someone you take out easily. "
I know what Phoenix is, but does that change the fact that Wanda still pulled off the feat?"

No, as I said, I'm not attacking her feat or the fact that she did it(though I could and have), but you're saying it as if Phoenix doesn't also have power over "Billions of 'SOULS' over 'WORLDS' and 'DIMENSIONS'", as well as vastly more experience with that power.

Gambler says:

"Sparda says:
"Correct me if I'm wrong (I mean that, I'm not totally sure), but for Wanda to have a hope at survival, wouldn't she have to think and then form a logical sentence?"

Zatanna doesn't need to speak her spells. I know that's been said before.

#48 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Zatanna doesn't need to speak her spells. I know that's been said before."

Alot of things have been said before.

#49 Posted by WARLOCK2792 (18072 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"White Mage says:
"Buckshot says:
"White Mage says:
I know what Phoenix is, but does that change the fact that Wanda still pulled off the feat? "
No, as I said, I'm not attacking her feat or the fact that she did it(though I could and have), but you're saying it as if Phoenix doesn't *also* have power over "Billions of 'SOULS' over 'WORLDS' and 'DIMENSIONS'", as well as *vastly* more experience with that power. Gambler says:
"Sparda says:
"Correct me if I'm wrong (I mean that, I'm not totally sure), but for Wanda to have a hope at survival, wouldn't she have to think and then form a logical sentence? "
Zatanna doesn't need to speak her spells. I know that's been said before. "
Your posts make it sound like you believe it's a curbstomp, I believe it's not. I know it's more than obvious that Phoenix has those powers and experience using them. But experience is NOT a deciding factor when you're dealing with someone with not only the same style of powers, but someone who's insane as well.
#50 Posted by spekqj (610 posts) - - Show Bio

yes....wanda can manipulate the reality but this scale is planet but white phoenix can manipulate reality of entire universe or multiverse itself. and white phoenix can do everything. she is near omnipotence. i think wanda doesn't win.