• 112 results
IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By IcePrince_X

Current powers and abilities....who wins it?
Gloom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Gloom

Curent... as in depowered Wanda?

IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By IcePrince_X
Gloom said:
"Curent... as in depowered Wanda?"
Wanda pretends to be depowered but for the sake of argument she is as for the House of M,  Wanda
IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By IcePrince_X

My vote for this fight is with Psylocke...for her to be affected by Scarlet Witch's power means the flawless work of her brother Jaime not at par with Scarlet Witch.

The ninja girl wins over the witch girl.

Cathal Brugha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Cathal Brugha

Scarlet Witch would stomp Pyslocke. Forget the House of M feat. She single handedly took down Ultron by re-arranging his molecules.

Wildstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Wildstar

If Wanda can't alter reality and her magic is useless, I don't see how she can beat Betsy.

Cathal Brugha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Cathal Brugha
Wildstar said:
"If Wanda can't alter reality and her magic is useless, I don't see how she can beat Betsy."
Reality Manipulation is just one of her abilities. Not sure where u got you're info from, but her Magic comes from her Hex Abilities, not her Reality Manipulation.
IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By IcePrince_X

When Psylocke got ressurrected by her brother Mad Jim Jaspers/ Jaimer Braddock, he made Psylocke immune to any reality manipulation attack as well as magical resistance to fight the Forsaken. He also increased Psylocke's telekinetic abilities to a level that is capable of shattering mountains.

I believe that is the reason why whent he House of M came to be, Psylocke is not affected by the reality warping of Wanda and retained her memories.

Cathal Brugha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Cathal Brugha
IcePrince_X said:
"When Psylocke got ressurrected by her brother Mad Jim Jaspers/ Jaimer Braddock, he made Psylocke immune to any reality manipulation attack as well as magical resistance to fight the Forsaken. He also increased Psylocke's telekinetic abilities to a level that is capable of shattering mountains.

I believe that is the reason why whent he House of M came to be, Psylocke is not affected by the reality warping of Wanda and retained her memories.

"
Yes I know this. But two quick things, first, how resistant to magic is she? And second, Wanda also has a mutant ability to affect probability. This is neither magic nor reality manipulation. Which means Pyslocke's attacks would be affected on a negative side while Wanda's attacks would be affected on the positive. Manipulating the Probability Field alone would increase her chances of winning.
IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By IcePrince_X

Probability attacks are low form of reality manipulation... in terms of reaction time, I believe Betsy over takes Wanda.

But I believe Wanda can affect her surroundings for her advantage but can not directly attack Betsy directly like for example weaken her psy-katana or alter the strength of her telekinetic attacks.

Cathal Brugha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Cathal Brugha

We agree to disagree on that then. I don't believe Probability control is Reality Manipulation.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Wasn't Psylocke still a part of House of M though?  And can't Wanda affect ALL forms of energy and matter with her hexes?  She cracked ultron's adamantium shell before.  I mean, she has magic, and mutant powers on her side.  Scarlet Witch FTW

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#13  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
White Mage said:
"Wasn't Psylocke still a part of House of M though?  And can't Wanda affect ALL forms of energy and matter with her hexes?  She cracked ultron's adamantium shell before.  I mean, she has magic, and mutant powers on her side.  Scarlet Witch FTW"
Yes..Yes she was.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14  Edited By Erik

Since Die by the Sword, Psylocke is immune to reality warping. Her brother Jamie Braddock made sure of it so she could win in that story arc.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Erik

Psylocke.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By WARLOCK2792
erik said:
"Since Die by the Sword, Psylocke is immune to reality warping. Her brother Jamie Braddock made sure of it so she could win in that story arc."

Scarlet Witch hexed Psylocke into House of M.  And Wanda's hexes can still affect Psylocke's powers indirectly, as well as alter the world around her to work against her. 
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Erik

This happened after House of M.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By WARLOCK2792
erik said:
"This happened after House of M."

I still say wanda.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Erik

How? What can Wanda do to someone that is immune to her power?

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Erik

Without her power, Wanda is a regular human that has no fighting ability.

IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By IcePrince_X
erik said:
"Without her power, Wanda is a regular human that has no fighting ability."
I agree with Erik in a certain degree...without magic, Wanda is a probability maker like exhibited by Domino and Gambit where in luck is on their side, only Wanda is in a higher degree.

Anyway, I still vote for Psylocke...Wanda's power did not affect Psylocke since she remember her true identity in the House of M meaning the warping did not make her different...just her environment and the people around her.
Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By Meteorite

Psylocke. She could read Wanda's mind and tell what she was going to do the moment she thought of it.

IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By IcePrince_X

I guess we are talking about the Telekinetic Psylocke here and her powers are enhanced by her brother Jamie Braddock

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Erik

Yup. Current powers and abilities.

Rei-Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Rei-Kai

Wanda does take this. She can bring the dead back to life, strip mutants of their powers, affect reality on a global scale, and much more. Even if she can't affect Psylocke directly, if she wanted to, Wanda could warp reality, give back the mutants all their powers, and make them her servants and have them all kill Psylocke.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Erik

No she could not. You assume she has complete control of her powers. If she could have done all that, she would have made Magneto love Quicksilver. She can make an event like House of M happen again, but she can not make someone a slave without will.

Rei-Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Rei-Kai

She does have control of her powers, just not her mental state. She could make this all happen. Hell she made Magneto ruler of the world, she put mutants in charge and altered the memories of everyone on the planet who wasn't protected by a plot-device so she could be defeated. And really she wasn't. She just got so frustrated that she said "No more mutants" and then everything went to hell.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Erik

My point is that if she had complete control of her powers nobody would have remembered the way it was supposed to be, it would still be House of M, and Magneto would love his son. This did not happen. Her powers did not even take away all mutants powers. I do believe her words were: "No more mutants", not "Mostly no more mutants".

Rei-Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Rei-Kai

And yet as it was mentioned, Psylocke was made impervious to such effects before House of M, and it was apparent that someone (the little girl) was either a Mutant with the power to restore peoples true memories, or whose power made her impervious to Wanda's global change.

Scarlet Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Scarlet Thor

Wanda easily

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By WARLOCK2792
erik said:
"My point is that if she had complete control of her powers nobody would have remembered the way it was supposed to be, it would still be House of M, and Magneto would love his son. This did not happen. Her powers did not even take away all mutants powers. I do believe her words were: "No more mutants", not "Mostly no more mutants"."

That's an assumption.  Not only did Wanda bring herself back from fatal wounds, but she warped the UNIVERSE on a scale that Dr. Strange finds difficult to undo. 

erik said:
"How? What can Wanda do to someone that is immune to her power?"

Affect everything else that will screw up Psylocke.  I don't recall Psylocke's actual powers being immune to reality warping, although she is. 
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Erik

Rei-Kai said:

"And yet as it was mentioned, Psylocke was made impervious to such effects before House of M, and it was apparent that someone (the little girl) was either a Mutant with the power to restore peoples true memories, or whose power made her impervious to Wanda's global change."

All of the Skrulls were not affected by Wanda's change either.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Scarlet Witch STILL.  People can bring up Psylocke's immunity to reality warping as much as they want, but when it comes down to it, Scarlet Witch doesn't have to affect her directly.  She can hex the environment, or create stuff to do her dirty work.  Psylocke's powers ( I believe) aren't immune to reality warping, SHE is however. 

IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By IcePrince_X
White Mage said:
"Scarlet Witch STILL.  People can bring up Psylocke's immunity to reality warping as much as they want, but when it comes down to it, Scarlet Witch doesn't have to affect her directly.  She can hex the environment, or create stuff to do her dirty work.  Psylocke's powers ( I believe) aren't immune to reality warping, SHE is however. "
This was my point exactly at the beginning. Environment wise, Scarlet Witch can affect it but not Psylocke. Can Psylocke survive this kind of attack? I believe so...that is why my vote is still with Psylocke.

One more Psylocke can do to Scarlet Witch is a telekinetic hold or grip that can literally crush Scarlet Witch from a distance.
Scarlet Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Scarlet Thor

Wanda does not need to affect Psylock directly with her reality warping powers. She can easily beat her by making everything around her in a 100 feet area explode while she stays protected inside a hex shield

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#36  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Scarlet Witch has not, and has never had very good control over her powers. There has always been a certain level of unreliability and randomness on her hexes.

kaino12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By kaino12

seems to me it depends on who gets the first hit.

Scarlet Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Scarlet Thor
fesak said:
"Scarlet Witch has not, and has never had very good control over her powers. There has always been a certain level of unreliability and randomness on her hexes."
That was before vol3. When she realised her power was Chthon's blessing based on chaos magic she was much more in control and even simple hexes were much more powerful than her earlier days.
Plus Wanda has means of protection while Psylock doesn't
kaino12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By kaino12

but is seems like wanda has to say her power meaning she fights at the power of speech while psylock fights at the speed of thought.

Scarlet Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Scarlet Thor
kaino12 said:
"but is seems like wanda has to say her power meaning she fights at the power of speech while psylock fights at the speed of thought."
No that's not true.... She just needs to wave and bam... you've got it
kaino12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By kaino12

so the speed of movement still slower then the speed of thought. and even if it is the speed of thought then psylock thinks faster she is mind based so she is geneticly disined for thinking so its only natural that she would think faster then others.

Scarlet Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Scarlet Thor
kaino12 said:
"so the speed of movement still slower then the speed of thought. and even if it is the speed of thought then psylock thinks faster she is mind based so she is geneticly disined for thinking so its only natural that she would think faster then others."
agreed but how many times did Psylock ended a fight only with a thought. Plus Psylock has lost her telepathetic powers and she usually she gestures too when she uses telekinisis so I don't see any great speed difference.
fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By fesak  Moderator
Scarlet Thor said:
"fesak said:
"Scarlet Witch has not, and has never had very good control over her powers. There has always been a certain level of unreliability and randomness on her hexes."
That was before vol3. When she realised her power was Chthon's blessing based on chaos magic she was much more in control and even simple hexes were much more powerful than her earlier days.
Plus Wanda has means of protection while Psylock doesn't"

There's always a chance that any of her hexes will have a different effect than the desired.
Scarlet Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Scarlet Thor
fesak said:
"Scarlet Thor said:
"fesak said:

There's always a chance that any of her hexes will have a different effect than the desired."
Not after vol 3
AzzaOJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By AzzaOJ

wanda takes it

kaino12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By kaino12

Scarlet Thor said:

"kaino12 said:
"so the speed of movement still slower then the speed of thought. and even if it is the speed of thought then psylock thinks faster she is mind based so she is geneticly disined for thinking so its only natural that she would think faster then others."
agreed but how many times did Psylock ended a fight only with a thought. Plus Psylock has lost her telepathetic powers and she usually she gestures too when she uses telekinisis so I don't see any great speed difference."

also the things that i can think of would take a few seconds for it to kill i cant see it insta-killing psylock.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By fesak  Moderator
Scarlet Thor said:
"fesak said:
"Scarlet Thor said:
"fesak said:

There's always a chance that any of her hexes will have a different effect than the desired."
Not after vol 3"

Evidently.
For example the plan was to make everyone believe that the House of M reality was real. Didn't work.
Another example is the 'No More Mutants' thing. Didn't work out as planned either.
Scarlet Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Scarlet Thor
fesak said:
"Scarlet Thor said:
"fesak said:
"Scarlet Thor said:
"fesak said:

Not after vol 3"

Evidently.
For example the plan was to make everyone believe that the House of M reality was real. Didn't work.
Another example is the 'No More Mutants' thing. Didn't work out as planned either."
That was insane Wanda.... I suggest we speak about the sane version... There was not a single malfunction of her hexes after the Morgana le Fay saga
fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Still, those two feats are the only ones everyone brings up in every Scarlet Witch battle thread.
She might have had greater control than usual for a short period of time, but bottom line is her hexes always have a degree of unreliability.

GreyGoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By GreyGoose

I'd say Wanda takes this one...she warp reality for crying out loud lol. She'd have a bigger advantage in this fight...and even though I love Psylocke...I just dont see her winning this one lol