Savage for round 2

silentbat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By silentbat

I'm gonna say Shaak Ti in both rounds though I know how this board feels about her.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Savage got this. Too much raw power in either round, though Shaak will make a fight of it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shaak STOMPS! both ROUNDS!

Zapan871

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure. I'd say it could go either way.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

/drops bait, runs from Wollf

Are you ready for another throwndown? 'Cause Shaak wins

both rounds

decisively.

No Caption Provided

ebonhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ebonhawk

Shaak Ti's got this in a good fight.

TheMuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheMuser

Wollf, rek this guy!

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@wollfmyth209: I actually do think this is a good fight, but I would favor Savage more often than not, probably at least 7/10. He has a reputation for successfully fighting Jedi council members, such as Adi Gallia, Plo Koon, and Obi-Wan. I think he has enough combative effectiveness to beat Shaak for something of a majority. Shaak is most likely the smarter and more measured combatant, but Savage, for whatever he may occasionally lack in tact and technique, compensates with brute force, power, and relentlessness. His TK feats impress more than Shaak's do, and so do his physical feats. You might be able to remind me of some showings for Shaak that are better than I might be giving her credit for though. So I'll defer to you.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c508820920c0
deactivated-5c508820920c0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could go either way to be honest. Though I'm leaning toward Shaak.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silver2467:

He has a reputation for successfully fighting Jedi council members, such as Adi Gallia, Plo Koon, and Obi-Wan.

Adi was basically featless, Plo was winning until Savage ripped off his mask, and Kenobi is clearly Savage's superior, Opress simply held his own.

Shaak is most likely the smarter and more measured combatant,

Agreed.

but Savage, for whatever he may occasionally lack in tact and technique, compensates with brute force, power, and relentlessness.

This won't mean much against Shaak. Her raw power is very much within the same league as Savage, and I'd probably mark her as a superior to Force user to Opress, but I'll get to that later. And Shaak's own strength feats are within Savage's, and her speed is superior.

His TK feats impress more than Shaak's do, and so do his physical feats.

Physically, yes, but I doubt in the Force. Shaak has managed to telekinetically hurl Galen Marek on, what the source that shows her overpowering him states is, a Dark Side Nexus whilst controlling Felucia:

No Caption Provided

The statement which suggests Felucia is a Dark Side Nexus:

The Dark Side was strong on Felucia...

From the comic, as well, Marek has turned TIE fighters into toys:

No Caption Provided

This is easily on par with whatever Savage had shown telekinetically, and a hindered Ti managed to throw back an amped Marek. I'd say this places Shaak above Savage as a telekinetic. Additionally, Shaak has such feats like holding back an entire ocean:

No Caption Provided

Physically: Shaak Ti shrugged off zapps from MagnaGuards(that previously brought down Even Piell and Anakin) briefly withstood Grievous's strength whilst exhausted, overpowered MagnaGuards whilst tired, survived being shot in the chest, dodged dozens of blasters, moved faster than Galen, blitzed MGs(albeit, while using a staff, but it's still a showing of superior speed), etc. Shaak's own strength is enough for her not to be overwhelmed by Savage, and her speed is superior.

On top of that, Shaak is more telekinetically powerful(reasons stated above) and more skilled(being stated that only the top duelists of the order could stand against her, being stated as one of the most skilled/cunning Jedi of the Order, besting Galen Marek, besting multiple MagnaGuards). Overall, I'd back Shaak for around 7/10.

Brightsteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oppress punts her like a football. :catprone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wollfmyth209:

Plo was winning until Savage ripped off his mask

No, he wasn't. He got a couple of superficial scrapes on Savage with the aid of having groups of clone troopers shooting at Savage throughout the fight. Savage proceeded to kill the clones, kick Plo in the mouth and take his mask off of him by force. Savage won the fight, it's that simple. It's not even worth debating. I'll be disappointed in you if you now take my post and divide it into individual sentences and start replying to them as if there's anything to debate, and then you should feel bad that I'm disappointed in you.

Also, Felucia isn't a nexus, it's just strong in the living Force and can swing either way depending on the Force user's residing there. Also, the novel details that Marek's use of the dark side was stifled because Shaak's presence was suppressing the dark side's presence in an unnatural manner. The graphic novel and novel have always been at odds in regards to Felucia's Force alignment but I can assure you that you're doing nothing but misconstruing the truth by posting that one panel and leaving your analysis dead in the water there.

That will be all, Wollf.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By WollfMyth209

@i_like_swords: Savage landing a kick on Plo doesn't mean he's superior; Plo also landed severals blows on Opress, and grazed his capes and leg once. If anything, they were equals. Either way, I have TFU Shaak above Plo, as of now.

I'm including the comics statements of Felucia being a Dark Side nexus because that is where Shaak throws Galen. She was beating Marek in a pure lightsaber duel on a place that was described as a balance between Light and Dark. Either way, Shaak was also hindered in the novel as she had to keep the entire planet under her control.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wollfmyth209: I didn't say kicking someone makes you inherently superior to someone, read. The combination of that, and Plo having the aid of clones, and then Savage breaking his defence again is what leads me to believe he was superior. The most Plo did was scrape Savage's leg while he was redirecting a blaster bolt that was fired from behind.

No Caption Provided

Tearing his cape isn't relevant; Savage's cape has nothing to do with his body, it's artificially flapping in the wind.

Plo also landed severals blows on Opress

No, he didn't. That is pure fan fiction, lol.

I'm including the comics statements of Felucia being a Dark Side nexus because that is where Shaak throws Galen.

It says Felucia is strong in the dark side... that's not necessarily a nexus. Tython was "strong in the Force" during Dawn of the Jedi but the Je'daii temple was still regarded as a nexus. Being strong in the Living Force isn't the same as being a Nexus. If anything I think Felucia's alignment is just exaggerated and didn't make a substantial difference.

She was beating Marek in a pure lightsaber duel on a place that was described as a balance between Light and Dark. Either way, Shaak was also hindered in the novel as she had to keep the entire planet under her control.

No, in the novel it's described as out of balance, with the dark side being repressed. Ti wasn't controlling an entire planet, she had a strong connection to the Felucian wildlife which prompted it's inhabitants to cooperate with her.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords:

No, he didn't. That is pure fan fiction, lol.

He grazed his leg... and cut his cape... and... yeah that's all I got.

If anything I think Felucia's alignment is just exaggerated and didn't make a substantial difference.

I can agree with this. As it still feeds into Shaak being the superior to this version Marek.

Ti wasn't controlling an entire planet, she had a strong connection to the Felucian wildlife which prompted it's inhabitants to cooperate with her.

She did more than that;

"Don't be overconfident, boy. Felucia is a world finely balanced between the light and dark sides of the Force. Shaak Ti was the only thing keeping it from being consumed by darkness. If anything's happened to her, your experience in the hut will seem like a bad dream in comparison."

Source: The Force Unleashed Novel

It took him no time at all to attune his senses to the vast and tangled life-fields of the fecund, overrun world. The balance had indeed shifted profoundly toward the dark side since his last visit. He found the world's new ambience familiar but not comfortable, and felt that he was recognized but not welcome. The latter surprised him and occupied his mind even as he defended himself against every able-bodied predator the world had to send against him. So it seemed, anyway. Without Shaak Ti keeping their innate Force sensitivity in check, the native Felucian species fought him every step of the way.

Source: The Force Unleashed Novel

Shaak's influence over the planet was so great that, after her death, the entire planet went off-balance.

Xargo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shaak ti stomps both rounds

cs_zoltan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For Savage only his TK and physical strength stacks up, in everything else he's outclassed.

Ti both rounds.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Savage savages her with his pretty yellow skin and brutal puns

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Silver2467

I'm having a hard time recalling many combat feats for Gallia off-hand, and she was regarded as more of a diplomat than a warrior. So I will concede that. However, I would esteem Savage defeating Gallia over Shaak defeating Magna-Guards; at the very least, it equalizes the two on that individual point.

Koon had no advantage of any kind at any point during their encounter. The scans below show the full fight. Sword's above description of this event is accurate. Savage duels Koon for a few pages while simultaneously handling clone troopers, connects an equal amount of blows on Plo as Plo does on him, and finally overpowers him and tears off his breathing mask. Savage is the obvious superior in this battle. Ascribing the advantage to Koon when there is absolutely no indication of that whatsoever in the story and pointing out that Savage pulled off his breathing mask hardly undermines Savage's victory. It's not like someone can just casually walk up to Koon and aggressively tear his face mask off, anymore than someone can just casually walk up to Yoda and punch him in the nose. Koon needs his breathing mask for survival; he will defend it for his own sake, especially during a duel. For Savage to not only penetrate Koon's defenses but go so far as to rip off his mask with impunity very evidently establishes Savage as the better of the two. It necessitates skill on Savage's part to bypass Plo's obvious protectiveness of his mask mid-duel to beat him this way.

For Obi-Wan, what exactly convinces you so clearly that Obi-Wan is Savage's superior? In both duels between the two that I can recall, there was some circumstance to it that benefited one or the other. Savage briefly fought both Obi-Wan and Anakin without much advantage for either side before their fight was interrupted. Obi-Wan fought both Savage and Maul in a tunnel corridor where Shadow Conspiracy describes how the lack of space interfered with Savage and Maul's joint effort against him. If you were referring to how Obi-Wan cut off Savage's arm, that is impressive for Kenobi, but that duel immediately follows a fight between Obi-Wan and Maul alone that conveyed them as dueling with seeming parity, only for Obi-Wan to successfully fight both Maul and Savage together due to environmental factors. It doesn't really depict Obi-Wan as obviously superior, only marginally at best and that indebted to Maul and Savage's spatial frustrations. I'm not even saying that Obi-Wan is not the better duelist, but "clearly Savage's superior" is a bit exaggeration, in my opinion. Savage is not that far behind Kenobi, skillfully speaking.

I also should point out that Savage has dueled fairly evenly with Ventress, which is another notable accomplishment on his part.

Physically, yes, but I doubt in the Force. Shaak has managed to telekinetically hurl Galen Marek on, what the source that shows her overpowering him states is, a Dark Side Nexus whilst controlling Felucia:

No Caption Provided

The statement which suggests Felucia is a Dark Side Nexus:

From the comic, as well, Marek has turned TIE fighters into toys:

No Caption Provided

This is easily on par with whatever Savage had shown telekinetically, and a hindered Ti managed to throw back an amped Marek. I'd say this places Shaak above Savage as a telekinetic.

Respectfully, Wollf, I think you're hugely overstating the significance of this showing. Shaak managing to land a paltry Force Push against Marek proves that she is as powerful a telekinetic as Savage? Numerous characters have connect a Force Push against another character, even characters more powerful than they are. Just because Ventress has pushed Anakin away doesn't mean she is more powerful or even equally powerful; we know he outclasses her with the Force because of their other encounters, especially when Anakin has cut loose against her and outright stomped her, as in Republic just before the Battle of Coruscant. In your example, all Shaak did was hurl Starkiller back, not dominate and defeat him with a Force attack; if she did that, I would accept that she supersedes Savage telekinetically, but this isn't the case. Your showing does place Shaak within a reasonable margin of Starkiller's power level, because he was apparently unable to be completely unaffected by her attack, but it does nothing more than that. Frankly, I fail to see how that showing is more noteworthy than Savage choking and slamming Dooku and Ventress together with the Force (2:27-2:37) or pushing away Anakin and Obi-Wan along with several battle droids (1:37-1:42); these to me would be stronger instances of raw telekinetic power than Shaak just knocking over Starkiller.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Shaak has never achieved anything like this, to my knowledge.

Not trying to distort facts, but could I request the entire scene? It's been a long time since I've read my favorite SW comic series, Republic, and I distinctly remember Anakin and Obi-Wan helping Shaak with this. But my memory of this incident might be incomplete. If you have scans of the whole scene and/or can describe the background information of it to me, that would be great.

Physically: Shaak Ti shrugged off zapps from MagnaGuards(that previously brought down Even Piell and Anakin) briefly withstood Grievous's strength whilst exhausted, overpowered MagnaGuards whilst tired, survived being shot in the chest, dodged dozens of blasters, moved faster than Galen, blitzed MGs(albeit, while using a staff, but it's still a showing of superior speed), etc. Shaak's own strength is enough for her not to be overwhelmed by Savage, and her speed is superior.

On top of that, Shaak is more telekinetically powerful(reasons stated above) and more skilled(being stated that only the top duelists of the order could stand against her, being stated as one of the most skilled/cunning Jedi of the Order, besting Galen Marek, besting multiple MagnaGuards). Overall, I'd back Shaak for around 7/10.

Physically: Savage has withstood repeated barrages of Lightning from Dooku, has tanked blaster bolts unfazed, briefly deflected fire from more than a dozen battle droids firing at him in close quarters before being overwhelmed (1:20-1:40), moved his blade in an eyeblink, broken chains with his strength, outmuscled other Jedi, and so forth. I fail to see much disparity. Concerning physical strength, the difference between Shaak and Savage is that his strength has actually manifested itself in duels, while Shaak's has not, unless I forgot something; Savage has more of a track record of demonstrating himself the physical superior over his enemies. Concerning speed, if Savage can maintain pace with Ventress, Obi-Wan, Dooku, and so on, I reserve my doubts that Shaak's speed would be of any consequence, even granting that she is faster (a claim which I'm not yet convinced of).

Not sure about Shaak being the more powerful telekinetic. Savage pushed Anakin and Obi-Wan's ship off a landing platform (2:09-2:16); choked Dooku and Ventress; hurled back a small party of battle droids and Anakin and Obi-Wan; and Maul and Savage together blasted away some dozens of soldiers.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

I also don't disagree with you about your description of Shaak's rather monumental influence on Felucia or how it does present her as a powerful master, easily a more polished master of the Force than Savage, but nonetheless, it adds very little to a direct confrontation. We never saw Starkiller exercising planetary Force manipulation of that kind or the control necessary to, but he was still capable of holding his own against Shaak. Savage might not possess the conditioned mastery of the Force that Shaak does, but he does possess more than enough sheer power to match her or, in my opinion, beat her.

CIS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shak Ti of course, wild reckless beast Savage is a no match to the disciplined and skilled jedi master. Tho Savages unorthodox lightsaber dueling may be a challenge for Shak, she wins without much of a doubt.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By WollfMyth209

@silver2467:

I'm having a hard time recalling many combat feats for Gallia off-hand, and she was regarded as more of a diplomat than a warrior. So I will concede that. However, I would esteem Savage defeating Gallia over Shaak defeating Magna-Guards; at the very least, it equalizes the two on that individual point.

Adi Gallia's best feats are hurling a rock and holding off the nerfed TCW Grievous briefly. Anyways, why would beating Gallia equal holding off an army of MGs whilst tired from running around Coruscant? And Savage only beat Gallia by using TK to slam her onto a wall, then pierce her with his horns. Nothing skill related. Besides, that's not Ti's best skill feat. Her best skill feat would be her decisively beating Marek in a duel until he cheapshotted her.

I'll concede to the Plo battle, tho I'd still prize this incarnation of Shaak above Plo, so it's not like it matters much.

For Obi-Wan, what exactly convinces you so clearly that Obi-Wan is Savage's superior?

Obi stalemated a more skilled opponent, i.e. Darth Maul. That, and his feats are simply better; fending off a hindered Anakin, stalemating Maul, stalemating Grievous, holding his own against the Count, are all better feats than what Savage achieved.

In both duels between the two that I can recall, there was some circumstance to it that benefited one or the other. Savage briefly fought both Obi-Wan and Anakin without much advantage for either side before their fight was interrupted.

An enraged Savage fought them, and the Jedi weren't going all-out, IIRC, but rather just trying to capture him.

Obi-Wan fought both Savage and Maul in a tunnel corridor where Shadow Conspiracy describes how the lack of space interfered with Savage and Maul's joint effort against him. If you were referring to how Obi-Wan cut off Savage's arm, that is impressive for Kenobi, but that duel immediately follows a fight between Obi-Wan and Maul alone that conveyed them as dueling with seeming parity, only for Obi-Wan to successfully fight both Maul and Savage together due to environmental factors.

I wasn't even regarding their duel on Floruum, as I am aware of the circumstances that were in play.

It doesn't really depict Obi-Wan as obviously superior, only marginally at best and that indebted to Maul and Savage's spatial frustrations. I'm not even saying that Obi-Wan is not the better duelist, but "clearly Savage's superior" is a bit exaggeration, in my opinion. Savage is not that far behind Kenobi, skillfully speaking.

Maybe "clear superior" was an exaggeration, but my point is that Obi is a superior duelist to him to the point where it shouldn't be a question on who'd win a majority of times in a pure lightsaber duel. Truth be told, Savage shouldn't be far behind.

I also should point out that Savage has dueled fairly evenly with Ventress, which is another notable accomplishment on his part.

He only did this due to his overwhelming strength, which was substantially above Asajj's. That isn't going to be an advantage he'll have against Shaak. He might be stronger, but not by a lot.

Shaak managing to land a paltry Force Push against Marek proves that she is as powerful a telekinetic as Savage?

A paltry Force Push? With all do respect, that's not even close to what happened. Shaak's telekinetic assault floored Galen and kept him on the ground long enough for Shaak to gather her energies to summon a power similar to kinetite and blast him with it:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

It's hardly just him being staggered and getting back up almost instantly.

Numerous characters have connect a Force Push against another character, even characters more powerful than they are.

Most of the time, when a Force Push from an inferior telekinetic connects, it only staggers the superior one. For example: when Kenobi pushed Maul, when Kota pushed Galen. But when a superior telekinetic lands a hit on an inferior one, it does greater damange.

Just because Ventress has pushed Anakin away doesn't mean she is more powerful or even equally powerful; we know he outclasses her with the Force because of their other encounters, especially when Anakin has cut loose against her and outright stomped her, as in Republic just before the Battle of Coruscant.

Asajj only landed a telekinetic hit on Anakin that was effective in TCW, which is known for butchering characters and having a stunning lack of consistency in regards to others. In their first ever encounter, Anakin tanked most of her direct telekinetic Force Pushes... on a Dark Side Nexus no less. And Anakin dominated Asajj later, which proved he was superior. Marek only managed to even land a telekinetic hit that injured Shaak by cheapshotting her, because she had believed the Sarlaac devoured him:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

In your example, all Shaak did was hurl Starkiller back, not dominate and defeat him with a Force attack; if she did that, I would accept that she supersedes Savage telekinetically, but this isn't the case.

Actually, she did more than just hurl him back. She managed to floor him long enough for her to draw and gather energy for Kinetite, and unleashed it before Galen could get up. It's not dominating, but she proved she's at the very least equal to this incarnation of Galen.

Frankly, I fail to see how that showing is more noteworthy than Savage choking and slamming Dooku and Ventress together with the Force (2:27-2:37) or pushing away Anakin and Obi-Wan along with several battle droids (1:37-1:42);

There's more context to those feats:

1. Anakin and Obi-Wan had their backs turned on Opress, hence they likely didn't even throw up a shield to guard themselves. Dooku and Asajj were similarly distracted.
  2. Savage was enraged at that time, due to being betrayed and thrown around by both Asajj and Dooku.

Not trying to distort facts, but could I request the entire scene? It's been a long time since I've read my favorite SW comic series, Republic, and I distinctly remember Anakin and Obi-Wan helping Shaak with this. But my memory of this incident might be incomplete. If you have scans of the whole scene and/or can describe the background information of it to me, that would be great.

Sure. The feat itself is open for interpretation, but:

The first scan has a battalion of Battle Droids coming through a transparisteel tunnel. And she, Obi and Anakin crushed the tunnel:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Then, upon crushing the tunnel, the ocean started flooding in. The book only shows Shaak stretching out her hand and holding back the ocean whilst bringing up multiple objects to cause a blockade so the ocean doesn't flood in.

No Caption Provided

While this may or may not have been done with the aid of Kenobi and Skywalker, the next scan shows Obi tending to Shaak Ti as if she had exerted herself of some energy, implying she was the one who held the ocean back:

No Caption Provided

Like I said, it's open for interpretations, but either way, it's a pre-prime Shaak Ti and it's better than anything Savage did.

Physically: Savage has withstood repeated barrages of Lightning from Dooku, has tanked blaster bolts unfazed,

The armor aided him in these feats, IIRC. Either way, those are some good durability feats, indeed.

briefly deflected fire from more than a dozen battle droids firing at him in close quarters before being overwhelmed (1:20-1:40),

This speed feat is good, but Shaak's is better:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

moved his blade in an eyeblink,

The eyeblink of a human, or Force sensitive? I feel Shaak moving faster than Galen should be superior.

broken chains with his strength,

Shaak destroying a MagnaGuard with strength should at least rival that.

outmuscled other Jedi, and so forth. I fail to see much disparity.

Indeed. There isn't a big difference between Shaak and Opress in strength.

Concerning physical strength, the difference between Shaak and Savage is that his strength has actually manifested itself in duels, while Shaak's has not, unless I forgot something; Savage has more of a track record of demonstrating himself the physical superior over his enemies.

Actually, Shaak kept staggering Galen Marek with her strength, and speed, at once:

She smiled in mockery. "Are you prepared to meet your fate?" Then her lightsaber was lit and she was spinning through the air toward him, striking downward as she fell.

The apprentice simultaneously backflipped and blocked her opening blow. The force of it surprised him, and the recoil threw him backward. His hood caught on one of the sarlacc's teeth, and he tore it impatiently away before the snag could interfere with his defense. Shaak Ti's lightsaber was a jagged blue blur between them. He blocked her as best he could until he had his balance again.

Then he jumped. Over her he spun and fell down two layers of teeth toward the mouth of the sarlacc. From there he jumped up again, angling away from her to avoid giving the Jedi the advantage of height, but she was there ahead of him, driving him back down with a series of blows so rapid he barely caught them all.

Source: The Force Unleashed novel

She also, while tired, drove back a MagnaGuard with strength:

https://youtu.be/64-3talVkUA?t=391

Concerning speed, if Savage can maintain pace with Ventress, Obi-Wan, Dooku, and so on, I reserve my doubts that Shaak's speed would be of any consequence,

Conceded.

even granting that she is faster (a claim which I'm not yet convinced of).

Oh, she's certainly faster, but Savage can keep pace and it's not going to be of much value. But it's still an edge in Shaak's corner.

Not sure about Shaak being the more powerful telekinetic. Savage pushed Anakin and Obi-Wan's ship off a landing platform (2:09-2:16);

That's a good feat. But a pre-prime Galen has done something similar, and Shaak floored him.

choked Dooku and Ventress;

Whom were distracted, and while enraged.

hurled back a small party of battle droids and Anakin and Obi-Wan;

Again, while enraged, and whilst Anakin and Obi-Wan had their backs turned. And in a series that has gross inconsistencies. And as for the droid thing, a pre-prime Shaak did similar.

and Maul and Savage together blasted away some dozens of soldiers.

This is impressive. But he did this with Darth Maul, a being of equal or greater telekinetic power than himself.

I also don't disagree with you about your description of Shaak's rather monumental influence on Felucia or how it does present her as a powerful master, easily a more polished master of the Force than Savage,

Agreed.

but nonetheless, it adds very little to a direct confrontation. We never saw Starkiller exercising planetary Force manipulation of that kind or the control necessary to, but he was still capable of holding his own against Shaak.

The problem with this is that Galen held his own while Shaak was manipulating the planet and the Sarlaac and keeping the Dark Side at bay. She was hindered in more ways than one and was forced to multi-task. Without such circumstances hindering her, I believe Shaak could've won, and she was still winning.

Savage might not possess the conditioned mastery of the Force that Shaak does, but he does possess more than enough sheer power to match her or, in my opinion, beat her.

I respectfully disagree. Shaak is the more powerful and masterful Force user, and is the more refined and skilled duelist. The prime advantage of Savage, which was a big part of his success, is his strength. And Shaak is very much comparable to Savage in that area for him not to win a majority through sheer strength and power alone. So overall, I'd still stand by the opinion that Shaak wins 7/10.

cs_zoltan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

About Savage vs Plo:

1. Plo is a powerduelist with his mastery of Shien and Djem So, so of course if he meets another powerduelist who is stronger than him it will give him trouble. On the other hand Shaak is a speed duelist with her mastery of Makashi and Ataru, but she still packs quite the punch as Wollf pointed it out.

2. The only reason Savage could rip off his mask was because Plo was distracted. He tried to warn off the clone trooper to save him.

Chiraq_windy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obi-wan

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wollfmyth209: I'll reply to you point by point later. You raised some good points, and I need to peruse some source material to make sure I have my facts right before posting my response. So sorry if I seem to be taking my sweet time. But thanks for posting the Republic scans; it's a good refresher.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silver2467: No need to apologize. Take your time. And you're welcome.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow

Forgot that Shaak Ti was such a badass

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By WollfMyth209
@killerwasp said:

keep it up wollf represent Shaak ti! XD

All hail the Togrutan master race!

No Caption Provided

@jacthripper said:

Wow

Forgot that Shaak Ti was such a badass

Now you know the truth, my son. Spread it wide and far! Of our lord and savior:

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Savage got this. Too much raw power in either round, though Shaak will make a fight of it.

This.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By alextheboss

Round 1, probably Shaak Ti due to her skill.

Round 2, probably Savage due to his power.

Edit: I just noticed it is Force Unleashed Shaak Ti, so she might take both rounds, but if it is CW Shaak ti I stand by my original answer.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So tired of Shaak Ti wank at this point, cancer overload. Glad Silver is taking the mantle of defending Savage though.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wollfmyth209: Nah, Maul could take Shaak ti and a padawan at the same time.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By WollfMyth209
@i_like_swords said:

Shaak would annihilate Maul;

@alextheboss said:

Shaak could take Maul and Sidious at the same time.

100% agreed.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Savage in a good fight.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cs_zoltan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords said:

So tired of Shaak Ti wank at this point, cancer overload. Glad Silver is taking the mantle of defending Savage though.

If saying Ti > Savage is considered wanking, I don't want to know what the Kun "hype" is supposed to be...

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ShootingNova

Still Savage, lol. At one point I considered Shaak beating early TFU Galen in sabers a good feat until I realized that up until that point, Galen had literally no noteworthy saber feats to his name. As for Force, I appreciate the argument for Shaak but regardless of how powerful you make her out to be it won't really turn the tide of battle. Shaak's up against a physically stronger, more resilient, and yes, more skilled opponent.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, and Wollf, just to join in (lol), none of those accolades make Shaak more skilled than Savage.

being stated that only the top duelists of the order could stand against her,

Considering even Aayla Secura was listed among the Order's finest and she wouldn't stand a spectre of a chance against Savage, this doesn't prove anything.

being stated as one of the most skilled/cunning Jedi of the Order

Again, Aayla has that accolade as well.

besting Galen Marek,

Again, I don't recall Marek being particularly impressive at this point in time. He's demonstrated proficiency in a range of forms and has beaten PROXY's modules repeatedly, but that's about it. He was almost even with Kota and was being driven back by Paratus, as I recall, neither of whom are particularly impressive duelists in their own right (especially Kota, who we later see gets beaten by Boba in melee).

besting multiple MagnaGuards

Yeah, that's not really beyond Savage for obvious reasons, and if you're referring to the OCW feat, that had circumstances.

cs_zoltan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A sith apprentice whose whole career lasted around a year is more skilled than one of the best duelist of the Jedi Order?

Nothing to see here...

Vierus10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say savage

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: I remember ILS explanation for Shaak Ti's fodderizing the Magnaguards, and I'm not sure if I agree with it to be honest, at least not wholly. Maybe your views on how she did so are different?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By ShootingNova
@cs_zoltan said:

A sith apprentice whose whole career lasted around a year is more skilled than one of the best duelist of the Jedi Order?

Sorry, but that argument has more cracks in it than a medieval castle. Savage has already beaten one of the most skilled Jedi in Plo Koon. And the duration of service is irrelevant also, seeing as Dooku would've also beaten Shaak even if his tutelage under Sidious lasted only a year. That's not considering the fact that Savage's career was cut short by Palpatine, who happened to effortlessly cut down three of the Order's finest (even from Shaak's perspective, implying that she held them above her) duelists. Shaak would probably die before she even knew what hit her.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ShootingNova

@laflux: She obviously performed better once she got her hands on the electrostaff, which had greater reach. Just a comparison of how well she did when she just had her saber and how well she did later when she had an electrostaff in addition to her saber suffices to inform us that she obviously benefited tremendously as soon as she picked up the staff. She doesn't have access to one here, obviously, so the feat isn't even valid.