Savage Opress vs. Anakin Skywalker (AotC)

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Erkan12
No Caption Provided

VS.

No Caption Provided

Rules

• AotC Anakin
  • Bloodlust : On
spartankobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Hmm. This might a bit hard to compare them. I think Anakin would perhaps take a slight majority.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am inclining towards Anakin. He is faster and might be more skilled. Its true that Savage has physical and TK edge but I am not sure if that would be enough.

Anakin takes at least 6-7/10.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

prolly gonna go with anakin, he maybe of been a cocky mofo, but i think is still a more skilled mofo than savage, and i think he could win a 6/10 on this

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Savage with bloodlust tends to be a formidable warrior, whereas Anakin with bloodlust could be anything. Most of the time, I take it that his Dark Rage would elevate him over Savage, but there are times where his emotions can hinder his powers and that would give Savage the win.

In other areas, it's not quite so hard to judge. Most of Savage's victories are won via raw power or brute strength, not skill. By AotC Anakin is a challenge for Dooku and a match for Ventress in raw skill, which exceeds Savage's showings. For physical strength, Anakin did manage to strike Ventress's blade with enough force to crack and shatter the stone beneath them, but this was only whilst enraged (although he is here), but he failed to press Dooku with his physical strength, whereas with enough bloodlust Savage disarmed Dooku with a single hit. Now, as I have always said, I do believe that was an exaggeration, but regardless, I would award Savage the strength advantage. He has a myriad of other showings for that as well, whereas, to my knowledge, at this time, Anakin is not quite as strong. In speed, though, Anakin coating himself in the light of his blade, and fighting fast enough to appear everywhere at once outclass any speed (or agility) feats Savage has. Savage obviously outclasses Anakin in durability, though, and I would probably award him with the power edge as well.

Not sure. The Dathomir environment is particularly unfair and helps Savage, so it would probably be an even split.

Aressword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Savage owns anakin, anakin was good sure in AotC, however i believe savage was the better fighter, due to anakin making simple mistakes such as getting cocky against the count. I believe his arrogance would get the best of him in this fight. If anakin is cool headed though and keeps to that way, but during his abilities to the best he could best savage for the vast majority. With that said i'd assume that wouldn't happen enough to give him the solid majority so ill go with 7/10 for savage.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Everybody brings up how "cocky" he got against the Count. That was not being cocky, that was him being unable to control his slew of emotions (especially anger) and having to rush at the Count at the time, as the junior novel made clear. In a normal circumstance, there is no reason for that to take place. Anakin later fought the Count to a near equal, and he never lost control during that instance.

Xargo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anakin

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Savage wins. Anakin's best feat at this point in time is being beaten by Dooku "easily" (Ultimate Star Wars). In contrast Savage generally operates on a higher level; giving Dooku issues alongside Ventress, besting Ventress and Plo Koon, pressing a more experienced Anakin and Obi-Wan simultaneously, etc. You'd really have to go out of your way to deduct that Anakin is better.

The fact the OP has made the setting Dathomir just adds another unnecessary nail to the coffin.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Savage easily.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#12  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Probably Savage.

CatMan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anakin

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Savage stomps

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting match! I suppose that Anakin Skywalker is the better duelist -- a master swordsman, in fact -- already ahead of his own mentor, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and the gifted young man demonstrated his considerable expertise against the elegant Count Dooku, with whom he contended quite admirably, not to mention beautifully. Skywalker's Jedi skills are rather advanced, and he is described as almost the best. Simply put, he's tough to top.

On the other hand, I imagine Savage Opress would be the greater warrior, with his background as one of the foremost combatants in the Dathomiri Nightbrother Clan, eking out a harsh and brutal existence as a lifelong fighter in a treacherous and unforgiving alien world before being subjected to enhancing dark magicks, which transformed him into a hulking weapon, a monster -- an oppressive savage -- subsequently making himself known to the galaxy through a slew of vicious, high-profile killings; elite members of the Jedi Order, such as Masters Adi Gallia, Halsey, and other Jedi Knights and Padawans fell before the monstrous Zabrak's dark power, while Sith like Asajj Ventress and Count Dooku fled.

Facing an opponent like Savage Opress is something of an overwhelming experience -- even for seasoned, highly trained Jedi Masters. The massive Zabrak Sith is described as kind of like the Hulk -- he's not well trained, disciplined, or particularly knowledgeable, but he's amassed a great deal of strength by taking the quick and easy path of the dark side, harnessing his hatred and malice, all of which is amplified by the fact that he was forged through rather gruesome acts. In battle, Savage Opress is all aggression and power -- he's a brute force of nature, a large unchained animal, an unleashed monster. He's been forged into a weapon, but he's damaged and confused, which can yield explosive results. This evil being is powerful enough to, as a combatant, take out Jedi -- he's certainly going to be a major threat for Anakin Skywalker.

Savage Opress would appear to have the upper hand in that he's already skirmished with Anakin Skywalker -- as well as Obi-Wan Kenobi -- twice, in the latter stages of the Clone Wars; Skywalker was by then a Jedi Knight, more developed in his connection to the Force and mastery of the Jedi arts than he is now, in this thread. And despite the efforts of Skywalker and Master Kenobi, they could not stop Opress, who battered his way past them. So, while Skywalker may be the more adroit lightsaber artist, better trained, and a prodigy technically possessed of a greater underlying raw strength, all this was true some two or three years later when he tried -- and failed -- to thwart the hulking Zabrak warrior.

However, in this particular match, Anakin Skywalker is emotionally charged -- bloodlusted, in a dark rage. And in such a state, can he outperform his future self, managing to overcome Savage Opress? It's quite possible. If a parallel can be drawn, I would think of Luke Skywalker on Bespin, when he pitted his blade against that of Darth Vader; still an apprentice, Skywalker was not yet the proper match for Lord Vader that he would pose a few years later aboard the Death Star, yet when his anger flowed, and his emotions flared, the apprentice took the upper hand over the Dark Lord, driving him back and knocking him off the platform upon which they'd clashed -- an outcome he'd replicate years later in their rematch.

It is my opinion that Anakin Skywalker could overpower Savage Opress in a brutal battle, perhaps seven or eight rounds out of ten.

A_FINE_EDITION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Savage. Bloodlust favors him more and Anakin isn't good enough yet imo.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think this is a close fight that depends on the mindset of both characters. Enraged Savage defeats standard or cocky Anakin. Anakin in the zone beats regular Savage, and I think could pull off a very high diff fight against an enraged Savage. If Savage killed Anakin's mom in front of him, I think Anakin would just straight up beat even an enraged Savage.

Supreme101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Savage

G_Race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Savage 7.5/10. Too strong physically, too mighty TK wise. Better showings vs Dooku at this stage.

Location Dathomir certainly is not helping the sandmaster either.

Kaore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a close one, but I think a bloodlusted Anakin edges it out.

Ieatnettles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Ieatnettles

Savage decimates

Pre prime savage is >s3 Anakin and obi wan