Savage Opress (TCW) vs Qui Gon and Obi Wan (TPM)

Jueix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Canon fight.

Duel takes place in the Theed Reactor Room at the same distance Qui-Gon/Obiwan were from Maul.

firelordiroh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Savage.

Avatar image for deactivated-605cf6d79b04a
deactivated-605cf6d79b04a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Qui-Gon/Obiwan 60/40 only chance Savage has is if Qui-Gon gets tired like he did in the Maul fight.

firelordiroh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How's Savage going to lose? He's performed better against a far stronger duo and has better feats in almost all combat aspects than Qui-Gon and TPM Obi-Wan.

Avatar image for the_institution
The_Institution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see any of them being strong enough to even effectively block strikes from Savage tbh.

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Savage will eliminate them both. Qui Gon can't eat those strikes and at best can try to dodge them. As for Obi Wan he's gonna get choked out or tossed aside easily.

Laskt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Savage wins fairly easily. Qui Gon is more skilled but given his age he just can’t eat Savage’s strikes forever and eventually goes down. At this point Obi Wan is just a shittier Qui Gon so he dies too

Smoke-W

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Smoke-W
@laskt said:

At this point Obi Wan is just a shittier Qui Gon so he dies too

I'm not so sure about that.

When Obi Wan was gone for a few seconds, Qui Gon got stabbed in the gut. So either they are very strong as a team or Obi Wan is better than Qui Gon.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By alextheboss

@smoke-w: Qui-gon's fight with Maul without Obi-wan was far more than just a few seconds.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The team wins a majority. Savage isn't skilled enough to deal with both of them, but he can take some wins if he knocks one of them out with a powerful blow or a strong force push.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firelordiroh: Savage was amped and they were trying to take him alive. Obi-wan later defeated Savage even though Savage had the more powerful Maul backing him up. CW Obi-wan>Savage. Ankain and Obi-wan>>Savage.

DirtyLuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team should be able to win

I agree with @alextheboss. Savage could really challenge them with his unorthodox bruteish fighting style as it's new to them. He sometimes packs quite the punch with his force application so there's that too. Still, he's very unrefined and doesn't really think during combat, always trying to overwhlem them with pure strengh. As Savage was capable of killing a jedi council member in Adi Gallia I don't believe it to be beyond him to defeat Qui-Gon or Obi-Wan in 1v1 match ups. Obi-Wan would be the perfect opponent for him to wear down with his power strikes as he was somewhat comparable to Adi Gallia. Qui-Gon would be another story, but I believe Savage might just be strong enough to defeat Qui-Gon, but I am very unsure about that.

Together though, I believe Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan have the required team dynamic to take down Savage after a short engagement. His brother Maul acted way smarter in his fight with them, separating them and isolating the tiring Qui-Gon. Taking Savage's nature into consideration, he wouldn't fight with so much farsight, so the team should be able to outhink, outmove and ultimately outfight the dathomirian nightbrother turned sith pretender.

MattyBoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Savage stomps.

firelordiroh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alextheboss: Even without his amp Savage still has better feats like stalemating Ventress and performing better than the council against Palpatine.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firelordiroh: Ventress is betweenQui-gon and TPM Maul, and also weaker than his team, so I don't see how that helps. Palpatine was toying with Savage, but yeah, he did better than them. But besides Windu, Fisto was the only one with actual feats.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both are fodder tbh

Qui Gon is featless and so is Obi....Savage stomps

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firelordiroh: he didn’t really perform better than the council

Palpatine was serious against the council. Palpatine was having fun playing with Savage

firelordiroh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alextheboss:

"Ventress is between Qui-gon and TPM Maul" Ventress has far greater showing than both TPM Maul and Qui-Gon I don't see how she's between them.

"Fisto was the only one with actual feats." Fisto is greater than either Qui-Gon or Obi-Wan (TPM) and Savage apparently outperformed him according to Dave Filoni despite Palpatine clearly playing around.

@emmafrostxmen:

"Palpatine was serious against the council. Palpatine was having fun playing with Savage" You're correct but Dave Filoni said that Savage was able to perform better than them as well.

ViperSixteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Savage wins via abusing his Force powers, but I don't think his fighting style will work against the duo because he's a strength based fighter who uses some finnesse, but he's not so reliant on speed and agility. Not to mention, it's not like he's as skilled as TPM Maul.

Wesat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Opress and Maul are comparable.

Maul already won and Qui-Gon had Obi-Wan for backup (for the majority of the duel, anyway). I don't see it any other way.

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Qui-Gon solos. Savage isn't as close to TPM Maul as he is.

DirtyLuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By DirtyLuna

I reconsidered. Prime Savage overwhlems them with moderate difficulty, Dark Acolyte Savage loses.

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Bayman007

The team destroy him. Qui gon solos. Maul > Savage.

Lord_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Qui Gon solos

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Qui-Gon being prime Maul's relative peer is more impressive than anything base Savage has accomplished. Qui-Gon solos.

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Mrsportsguy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Mrsportsguy13  Online

Team.

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Team more often than not.

DirtyLuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By DirtyLuna

@dirtyluna: My opinion has changed, Savage should win with lower mid difficulty, Jinn cannot outmach him and Kenobi would only be a managable nuisance. Savage wins 8/10.

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Either Jedi can arguably solo barring Savage going full rage mode.

El_mago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By El_mago

it plays the same as the duel of naboo realistically speaking either jinn dies first and kenobi takes him down for good

Avatar image for notthegodmadara
NotTheGodMadara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Savage ragdolls

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

High-end Savage -- stand-in villain for Maul, thrashing Masters, competing with Adi Gallia, handling the combined force of TCW Obi-Wan & Anakin -- gives the duo a pretty tough fight, but ultimately loses. Qui-Gon on his own can solo following a tight, hard-fought match.

Mid-level Savage -- a match for TCW Maul per TCW magazine, badly overwhelming considerably hindered TCW Obi-Wan, matching less hindered TCW Obi-Wan, contending with Ventress -- trounces Obi-Wan, but is in turn trounced by Qui-Gon.

Low-end Savage -- trashed by TCW Maul, trashed by TCW Obi-Wan -- would probably lose to this version of Obi-Wan after a decent fight. Qui-Gon, of course, stomps him.

Lord_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Lord_God

I don't see Savage how people are saying that Savage 'stomps' when even Maul couldn't stomp this duo. Team takes it.