Sauron vs Voldemort

• 169 results
Quanchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@princearagorn1: One blast or so was ripping into Hogwarts castle whereas hundreds if not thousands weren't destroying the shield. The shield wasn't immensely huge but it was extremely resistant unlike the dilapidated structure Sauron destroyed. His power didn't even kill Gandalf for crying out loud. If you run into that castle you don't a disintegrate. also the size of anything doesn't prove the resistance something has at all. Shield has resistance feats whereas the dilapidated structure does not.

Quanchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: @stupid_people: What have I said that is ignorant ?

My argument only pertains to the movie versions which is different than the book versions entirely,

Stupid_People

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By Stupid_People

@quanchi: You are arguing that Sauron is weak because he was cut by a sword (most powerful sword ever) and that sword is weak because it was broken by Sauron. Is the Elder wand invincible? In the movie was it not snapped in half by a rather small Harry Potter? But it is still nonetheless the strongest wand in existence.

@quanchi said:

@princearagorn1: One blast or so was ripping into Hogwarts castle whereas hundreds if not thousands weren't destroying the shield. The shield wasn't immensely huge but it was extremely resistant unlike the dilapidated structure Sauron destroyed. His power didn't even kill Gandalf for crying out loud. If you run into that castle you don't a disintegrate. also the size of anything doesn't prove the resistance something has at all. Shield has resistance feats whereas the dilapidated structure does not.

Did you not watch the movie? Those bolts made instant cracks in the shield upon impact. By the time Voldemort chimed in the shield had already taken a crippling amount of damage.

Gandalf is immensely powerful, exponentially more so than Voldemort could ever be. Therefore that whole point is moot.

don't a disintegrate

Sounds italian:P

The structure was solid rock, it is then common sense to know how resistant it is. Blowng up a bolder and a mountain are two vastly different feats so I believe size does matter. Oh and by feats you mean cracking everywhere?

Web_Flotsam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Voldemort's only chance would be instantly firing off expeliarmus, which would knock the ring off. However, he never uses that, so nope. He has no chance. Movie versions maybe, but Quanchi is dishonest for using them despite the books being specified.

Avatar image for cloudzackvincent
cloudzackvincent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

the movie version of Sauron has very little screen time thus has a limited amount of feats. However if we go by the book versions, the backstory suggests that Sauron should own since he was the most powerful Maia.

Also, what i like to point out in these types of fights are the amount of damage each party can tank. Its like Superman vs Storm.. its true that Storm can dish out a lot of damage but Superman could easily tank it, however, one good hit from Superman would KO her. Admittedly my Harry Potter knowledge is rusty, but i believe Sauron can kill Tom Riddle, ofcourse he would come back but i think killing him once would equal to a victory.

Quanchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Quanchi

@stupid_people: Entitely different uses there. It is like comparing apples to oranges. Wands aren't meant to hit their opponent so with. They are meant as a magical conduit to cast spells from. Swords are meant to strike their opponents with. They are more durable than the wands and used for an entirely different purpose. Narsil wasn't the only sword capable of hurting Sauron it was just the one sword which did defeat him.

Not cracks at all but they were doing some damage. Voldemort ripped through it in moments due to his superior power.

Movie Gandalf is nothing compared to movie Voldemort. Voldemort's feats are far and away superior to a guy who resorts to burning pine cones and throwing them at inferior underlings.

The integrity of the structure was far from pristine. Size doesn't matter here as the wear and tear was very obvious. Impressive still but nowhere near as impressive as a shield which disintegrates and can weather hundreds if not thousands of bolts.

Stupid_People

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Narsil wasn't the only sword capable of hurting Sauron it was just the one sword which did defeat him.

What other sword has harmed him?

Not cracks at all but they were doing some damage. Voldemort ripped through it in moments due to his superior power.

His superior power to his minions was obvious, but to deny any cracks is just denial:

Loading Video...

You can see cracks fairly well just before it ends.

Movie Gandalf is nothing compared to movie Voldemort. Voldemort's feats are far and away superior to a guy who resorts to burning pine cones and throwing them at inferior underlings.

Who mentioned movie Gandalf? Gross. Book Gandalf is leagues above.

Quanchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stupid_people: There was damage but to the shield but a crack implies something can get through. Nothing could get through until Voldemort destroyed it. I am only discussing the movie versions.

Stupid_People

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There was damage but to the shield but a crack implies something can get through.

Not entirely true. When one drops an Iphone and it's screen cracks for instance, it is still solid and tight, but there is damage to the screen in the form of cracks.

I am only discussing the movie versions.

I'm not.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By MetalJimmor

@quanchi:

Movie Gandalf survived being slammed into a stone wall as he fell at terminal velocity by a demon composed of fire and what appeared to be molten rock, and was overpowering the creature as they fell before hitting the water with enough force to have easily killed any normal human.

Movie Voldermort was physically overpowered by a teenager when Harry grabbed him and pulled him off the Hogwarts castle ramparts.

I feel you're underselling Gandalf quite a bit here. Overcoming Gandalf's magical barrier and telekinetic strength is an impressive feat.

Not that it matters since this is not movie versions only, which means people are completely in the right to bring in feats from the books.

RocketStark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lord Voldy stomps with ease

hotfrost_1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By hotfrost_1969

There's been a lot of misconceptions about Sauron & the Ring:

1. People say Sauron only has 1 ring while Voldemort has 7 horcruxes, A good question would be why did sauron manage to last for roughly 5,000 years when Isildur could have just easily thrown the ring through the fires & magma of Mt.Doom? The ring caused those who possessed it to become obsessed with it, so much so that they might kill anyone who showed too much interest in it or attempted to touch the Ring.

2. The ring grows more powerful and pleasurable when it's near to its master, causing its wielder to be obsessive with it, and its master is at Mordor during Third Age (War of the Ring). if gollum didn't bite frodo's finger, the ring wouldn't have been destroyed in the first place, frodo would have kept the ring for himself if it wasn't for gollum.

3. No one really managed to resist the ring It was an accident when the ring got destroyed, during the time when gollum took it from frodo

4. The ring gives its bearer immortality. Gollum managed to survive for 478 years because of the ring. Voldemort always wanted to gain immortality, because he's just a mere human. Do you think Voldemort would destroy the ring when it gives its bearer immortality? He will keep it. The horcruxes assure him that he'll live after he died (which he did a lot of times because he's not immortal) unless it is destroyed (harry destroyed it because horcruxes doesn't corrupt humans while the ring does.) while the ring would assure him immortality, he won't need the horcruxes in the first place if he had the ring.

5. A part of Sauron's fëa("soul" or "spirit") is kept at the ring, if Voldemort kept the ring he wouldn't truly kill sauron.

6. The Ring only serves its Master. It will find a way to go back to its master. it may take long, very long, in fact even a millenia but it will.

7. Sauron is a Maia, one of the Ainur. Ainur are the powers of Arda (the whole world, middle earth is a part of it but there's other continents not only middle earth). Ainur are classified into two the Valar, the greater power of Arda and the Maiar, the lesser power of arda. Ainur cannot be killed they may lost their physical form but can't really be dead. As a matter of fact, before his spirit settled into that armor looking stuff, sauron had his body, he was killed but then his spirit would took another physical manifestation (the armor looking stuff was one of those) until he lose all his power and never be able to take another physical manifestation anymore (just like what happen at the end of the lord of the rings) sauron will just be a naked spirit wandering through arda until he finds another way to have a physical manifestation, in short "His spirit can't be killed" "No Magic could kill him."

8. Humans who wield the ring for so long becomes ring wraiths. if Voldemort never managed to destroy the ring, the ring will enslave him because he's just a mere human. He will be a servant of the dark lord.

Synthesis: In my opinion, Voldemort would lose because of his greed, ambition and thirst for power. He would keep the ring, be corrupted, and fall just like the humans who wanted to conjure the power of the ring.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sauron, voldemort can't kill him.

IronZander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By IronZander

Accio ring. Sauron dies. All hail Voldemort.

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By noah_ouellette

@ronki23: maiar, it's not a dark angel, it's a minor god. Saurons just one of the evil maiar. But Sauron stomps hard. Voldemort would die.

Avatar image for sirbaronobeefdip
SirBaronOBeefdip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Voltemore beating Sauron? What a f***in joke.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By MetalJimmor

Sauron is literally everything Voldermort aspires to become. Immensely powerful, immortal, and in command of millions of creatures ready to die for him.

EmoryToss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By EmoryToss17

@quanchi

The Silmarillion says Sauron "forsook" his body when he was defeated by the Last Alliance. This to me indicates that leaving his body was a volitional act by Sauron, when he knew he was defeated, not an act that was forced upon him. In the absence of any sort of explanation from the movies as to the reason for his body exploding, do we not go based on established canon and assume the movie version is the same? Therefore, movie Sauron would not be disembodied merely by removing his ring.

Movie Sauron's feats also include the willpower to physically support an entire nation/region of Middle Earth with his will (without the One Ring). When Sauron is destroyed the entire nation of Mordor is swallowed up into the earth. This implies that his willpower was the only thing keeping it around. This far, FAR outstrips any feat of Voldemort's feats.

Further, if you extend it out a bit into the EU of the movies, Sauron is shown in Shadows of Mordor to be capable of controlling the Ring across short distances, when he physically wills it off of Celebrimbor's finger and back into his similar to how the Summoning or Disarming Spells work in the Harry Potter universe. (It is pretty clear to me based on the appearance of Sauron that this game takes place in the movie-verse, but it is not explicit, so you can feel free to exclude this paragraph.)

On top of all of that, there are few characters in all of fiction who would be corrupted by the power of the ring faster than Tom Riddle. As discussed earlier in this thread, the power of the ring represents everything Voldemort covets. If, based on lack of feats, Voldemorts Avada Ex Machina spell one-shots Sauron, or if you ignore my argument and say that summoning the ring will disembody him, Sauron will still exist as a disembodied Spirit with substantial power (far more than disembodied Voldemort). And Voldemort would be unable to destroy the ring, and even if he were completely free of it's corruption, STILL wouldn't destroy it based on his lust for immortality and established love of trophies. This is the best case scenario of a fight for Voldemort, and still ends with him as a slave to the ring, which essentially makes him a slave to Sauron. This occurs regardless of how you powerful you consider movie Sauron.

Either in the movies or the books, there is absolutely no scenario that doesn't end in a Sauron stomp.

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They team up to take over the workld

Avatar image for deactivated-5b15216a2a1e3
deactivated-5b15216a2a1e3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, Sauron without being the Eye Tower, would be a great match for Voldemort. I do think magic can hurt and kill Sauron's knight form so it would be a interesting battle. In one scenario, I see Sauron with his mace whipping force-fields around to blow away Voldemort while he flies Death Eater mode or teleports away to taunt Sauron. If Voldemort would try to quickly finish Sauron off by saying Adavra Kadavra quickly and hitting him, he would win. But if it would be a longer battle and Voldemort would use that spell from a distance then Sauron could block it with his magic or mace that is very powerful.... I do vote for Voldemort more, since that death spell really is omnipotent for a formed Sauron and he would eventually get Sauron with quick teleportations or other distracting spells, not to mention Crucio, which ofcourse would do a little damage to Sauron but would be enough for Voldemort to change and say "Adavra Kadavra".

Savageslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sauron

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sauron stomps, frodo would probably kill voldemort, too many people underestimate sauron

Frocharocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Frocharocha

sauron stomps, frodo would probably kill voldemort, too many people underestimate sauron

Movie version of booth characters are probably equal in power.

Book Sauron stomps really hard. Sauron is the most powerful of the Maiar, he could probably nullfie the magic of the horcruxes or steal Voldemort soul directly from his body.

Avatar image for witch_king_of_angmar
Witch_King_of_Angmar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm gonna take a different approach to this argument.

Voldemort comes from a place where magic is bound up by incantations. Magic in the true sense of the word has been slowly lost as wizards try to reign in its power. Sauron comes from a place where magic exists freely, unbridled, and unchecked. Remember in FoTR (movie) when Saruman and Gandalf where flinging each other around? No incantations. And Sauron is only about a hundred times more powerful than them.

Remember, Voldemort got beaten by LOVE. Think about that. You know what's more powerful than love? Fear. Guess what Sauron uses?

If Voldemort showed up in Middle Earth, he'd yell Avada Kedavra! Sauron would turn around slowly, go 'U Wot?' and crush Voldemort to a million tiny teeny little pieces just using his thoughts. I don't care HOW many horcruxes you have, you're not surviving that.

snikt_bamf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sauron would not kill Voldemort, he rarely kills enemies because his goal is dominion, not destruction.

He would turn Voldemort into a seron't servant, either as a ring wraith if he had a power ring to spare (he could have some of the dwarven onses stocked in Barad-Dur.) Or just by his normal magic, making him a slave akin to the "Mouth of Sauron".

The easiest way to make him a Slave would probably be to give Voldemort the Ring of Power and half of Mordor. Very shortly, Voldemort would be a wraith.

I don't get why this is even a discussion :) Sauron has perhaps 10 "mages" with power equal to Voldemort for enemes (Elrond, Galadriel, Gandalf, and so on), and they are dead scared of him.

maiamaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Voldemort becomes a slave to Sauron. /thread

wahaj27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By wahaj27

Sauron would lose because like others stated, he will have to find the 7 Horcruxes, and Voldemort only 1 (the Ring). While it will take Sauron Time to find the 7 Horcruxes, it will only take very little to find the ring for Voldemort. How? Well Voldemort has the power of long range Telepathy, and can pin-point the location of the object somehow by getting into minds. In the HP:Order of the Phoenix, in the Ministry of Magic, Voldemort Teleported leaving only dust behind. So that said, he can teleport anywhere he wants to.

Habibxn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Habibxn

Well i'm not blaming Voldemort for losing here,

I'm blaming J.K. Rowling for not giving the most powerfull evil wizard in the Harryverse a satisfying feat.

JHG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One ring to rule them all.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99
deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One ring to find them

Adam_Taurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With horcruxes and ring, stalemate. Neither know about the other's immortality givers. As is now, I say stalemate

Without ring or horcruxes... Hmm... Idk that much about Sauron but Voldemort is pretty strong. I say tie. If someone wants to convince me otherwise, go right ahead.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maiamaku said:

Voldemort becomes a slave to Sauron. /thread

a sex slave

SirDrProfessor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sauron easy

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#134  Edited By jumpstart55

Sauron is in a completely different league of power and magic from Voldermort...Yea Voldermort gets stomped..Tolkein made it pretty clear the that Sauron was of immortal God tier status...And I don't see anything stopping Sauron from turning Voldy into the Witch King Part 2..lmao

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From what I have seen from the movies, Voldemort should win since Sauron is featless and no bad guy in the movies did anything on Voldemort's level. But from what I have heard about the book versions, Sauron would probably win.

Avatar image for lordofdestruction
LordofDestruction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This video does a fair job of summarizing how much of a stomp this is.

Loading Video...

https://youtu.be/OZ1Y41ElXvE

Hush114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Hush114

@ronki23: sauron stomps. Voldemort is a powerful wizard but sauron would crush him in battle.

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sauron by a lot.

cptstormsword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sauron curbs

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foxerdes: That video pretty much sums out why he would win.

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for zordon_of_eltar
Zordon_of_Eltar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wahaj27 said:

Sauron would lose because like others stated, he will have to find the 7 Horcruxes, and Voldemort only 1 (the Ring). While it will take Sauron Time to find the 7 Horcruxes, it will only take very little to find the ring for Voldemort. How? Well Voldemort has the power of long range Telepathy, and can pin-point the location of the object somehow by getting into minds. In the HP:Order of the Phoenix, in the Ministry of Magic, Voldemort Teleported leaving only dust behind. So that said, he can teleport anywhere he wants to.

Voldemort wouldn't be able to destroy the One Ring, because it would corrupt him. No one can resist the power of the One Ring at Mt Doom. Telepathy wouldn't work on Sauron, the only reason Aragorn could use the Palantiri and talk to Sauron was because he had a right to use it as the rightful King and he had the greatest will in the Third Age among Men. After the encounter, Aragorn is described as if many years had fallen on him.

https://www.quora.com/What-powers-does-Sauron-possess-give-me-a-list here is a list of Sauron's powers (in the books).

You can only Apparate to places you know.

madrid_san

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By madrid_san

Sauron the mutate of the Savage Land wins

Avatar image for proteusxmanrxis
ProteusXManRxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Sauron.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

@wahaj27 said:

Voldemort wouldn't be able to destroy the One Ring, because it would corrupt him. No one can resist the power of the One Ring at Mt Doom. Telepathy wouldn't work on Sauron, the only reason Aragorn could use the Palantiri and talk to Sauron was because he had a right to use it as the rightful King and he had the greatest will in the Third Age among Men. After the encounter, Aragorn is described as if many years had fallen on him.

https://www.quora.com/What-powers-does-Sauron-possess-give-me-a-list here is a list of Sauron's powers (in the books).

You can only Apparate to places you know.

I wonder, I know the Horcruxes protects Voldemort from getting killed, but I wonder how they affect him in terms of simply being injured? Like if we go by the movie Sauron in full armor and with that massive mace of his, if he smashes Voldemort into the ground with that thing, would Voldemort still be screaming pile of blood and bone or would he still be totally fine as if a shield had protected him?

I agree however that trying to read Saurons mind is a very poor strategy when you are anywhere near him. You might win a contest of wills against him, but you will be severely spent by doing so.

Finally, I have to agree that even if Voldemort somehow managed to part Sauron from the One Ring, the poisonous of it would make Voldemort keep it and eventually turn him into Sauron's servant.

WeAreTheFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This makes me want to read the lotr books.

TheDeathstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Voldemort