Sauron vs Voldemort

• 169 results
leito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Really? Gandalf, an istari(or a limited maia who is according to most less powerful than Sauron even as olorin) is able to use his magic to break staves, set swords on fire and leave legolas' arms dangling at his sides without even touching any of them. Also, he is able to use fire and shields and he can use his staff to thump the ground and it sends thousands of orcs( or any being of any army for that matter) flying into the air instantly destroying them!

Now I'm pretty sure the witch king who also has these abilities( maybe they wont be as effective as when gandalf does it but they'll be quite effective) He did after all break the solid gates of minas tirith without touching them.

When did that happen ? Do you have a quote for that Gandalf feat ?

The Witch King did not destroy the gates of Minas Tirith by himself, the combined effort of the battering ram Grond and his spells did that.

DarkSpoon1506

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By DarkSpoon1506

There is no point whatsoever in arguing this. Sauron is literally the king of darkness.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Chibi_cute

well the witch king >>>>>>>> voldemort.

SirNickTheEpic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By SirNickTheEpic

sauron would just bend voldermort to his will or set the witch king on him for fun

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Sauron wins easily. The dude is practically a god, if you've read the Silmaril.

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@gularte: Agreed. This is almost a stomp in Saurons favor. Especially because the op never said the location so we assume its a neutral universe in which case there is no Mt. Doom to destroy the ring.

Quanchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quanchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirnicktheepic: Completely inaccurate by the movie versions of both characters. Separating the ring kills Sauron. That will be easy for Voldemrt.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sauron.

Stupid_People

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Stupid_People

Sauron easily.

Quanchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Quanchi
Stupid_People

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quanchi: Please show me exactly where it says movie versions.

Quanchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Quanchi

@stupid_people: So you don't disagree with my opinion based off the movies. Thats what I thought.

Stupid_People

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quanchi: How about I jump into every thread of a character, lets say Hulk, and whenever it says Savage I don't address it whatsoever and simply say: "World breaker Hulk wins so thats all that matters". Is that how things work now?

I am not acknowledging your posts from this point on if you are going to change OP's that aren't your own because it suits you.

I will not argue movie versions in this instance because it is not movie versions, not because I am unable.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Penderor

I see one way voldy can win.He suprise Sauron and teleport him and himself to Mount Doom.

They will both burn but since the Sauron has just the one ring on his finger he would be killed.But Voldy has 6 more horcruxes to go.

But if this is not in Middle-Earth and Voldy cannot use this teleport i think thats Sauron easy stomps him.

Quanchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Quanchi

@stupid_people: So you don't disagree with my stance on the movie versions. Concession accepted.

Razul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Razul

@quanchi: It's no secret Sauron gets defeated with the movie versions, despite besting Gandalf in the DoS and throwing Elendil's men around in FoTR, he has virtually no battle feats. The books, well that's a different story.

Stupid_People

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quanchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stupid_People

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Stupid_People

@quanchi: And you concede on this thread by not following the real battle. I accept your concession.

Edit: your

Quanchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stupid_people: It is your concession not you're. I see the English language like a debate is really confusing for you. Voldemort wins. Movie version.

Stupid_People

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Stupid_People

@quanchi: Hahaha I may have messed up in spelling (happens) but I have no mistakes on the debating front. I in fact love that you of all people are criticizing debating skills. Considering you cannot follow a simple OP. Sauron wins the thread. Good day, kiddo.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#73  Edited By SC  Moderator

@quanchi said:

@stupid_people: So you don't disagree with my opinion based off the movies. Thats what I thought.

@quanchi said:

I see the English language like a debate is really confusing for you.

Alright other thread can slide but stuff like this? This will have to be a warning sorry. Don't antagonize other users or attempt to offer a concession on their behalf or pass judgment or commentary on their character, personality or abilities. These threads are about fictional characters - talk about them instead. Thanks.

Quanchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Quanchi

@stupid_people: Voldemort can easily separate the ring from Sauron which destroys his body.

Stupid_People

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Stupid_People

@quanchi: Sauron is supposedly a mountain buster and reality warper. And just how would Voldemort know his weak spot or have the time to take it off before death? He does not need to speak to unleash his power.

lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By lol

sauron would just bend voldermort to his will or set the witch king on him for fun

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

I think people are mistaken when they simply think removing Sauron's ring would cause his body to explode. Isildur was wielding the Narsil, a very powerful magical sword forged during the First Age. It's powers allowed it cut through any flesh and any armor. To put it in perspective, Angrist, a knife created by the same guy who forged Narsil, was able to cut the flesh of Morgoth (the master of Sauron and the epitome of evil in Tolkien's world).

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Penderor

@omgomgwtfwtf: Good point.I dont think that practically any of the Voldemorts spells except Avada Kedavra(but maybe Sauron can block it by his magic or by his armor) cannot Sauron harm.

Quanchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stupid_people: Voldemort destroyed a barrier which resisted hundreds if not thousands of force bolts whereas Sauron destroyed a very unstable structure. Gandalf prior to was knocking some of it around so it couldn't have been that stable.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sauron. Just Sauron. Id even say "Nazgul".

Quanchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: Based off what ? A broken sword defeated him where're as Voldemort is vastly more powerful than his sword.

Stupid_People

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Stupid_People

@quanchi: You are saying a barrier which was already weakened by hundreds of bolts is more impressive than a mountain? What would have been more impressive would be to destroy the whole school itself, but he didn't.

@quanchi said:

@deaditegonzo: Based off what ? A broken sword defeated him where're as Voldemort is vastly more powerful than his sword.

Why not read Omgomgwtfwtf's post for that question:

think people are mistaken when they simply think removing Sauron's ring would cause his body to explode. Isildur was wielding the Narsil, a very powerful magical sword forged during the First Age. It's powers allowed it cut through any flesh and any armor. To put it in perspective, Angrist, a knife created by the same guy who forged Narsil, was able to cut the flesh of Morgoth (the master of Sauron and the epitome of evil in Tolkien's world).

Quanchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stupid_people: Gandalf started to destroy the same old crappy structure. It was anything but stable. The sword was broken by Sauron's bootheel. Not impressive at all and we see Voldemort's energy feats being much more impressive than a blade which can be destroyed by bootheels.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

Wow.. Even after the ring was destroyed, the power left in a body less sauron was enough to change the landscape for miles and miles. Even putting together the entire feats of HPverse they never reach that kind of power... I don't see why sauron would even bother with voldemort..

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quanchi said:

There is a total difference in scale. Gandolf and Sauron are both Maiar, servents of the gods, Valar, who serve the one true god Eru. All of those entities were there at the beginning of time. You see how Gandolf fell through flame and shadow, and died and then just came back? They are basically Angels with divine purpose. Sauron is the servent of Melkor, later known as Morgoth after he fell, he was chief among the Valar (he is basically Satan).

The Harry Potter characters are basically "humans" who can do magic. And their magic is quite flashy, but the Maiar and Valar of the LotR universe are all basically gods. They were there at the beginning of the universe and will be there in the final battle when the universe ends. This is all canon. Sauron stood against the Numenoreans, from whom the Dunedain (Aragorn and his line are Dunedains) are descended. The Numenoreans are humans, who through their valor against Morgoth were raised by the gods themselves. Sauron eventually lead to their downfall.

Also, with his Ring, which was imbued with his will and his power, he is essentially unstoppable. The Maiar couldnt do it. The Valar could but they abandoned Middle Earth.

Now, the instance you are pointing out, where the ring is cut from his finger. Many already explained the sword, but not the context. The Elves and Humans of Middle Earth have throughout the narrative done the impossible so to speak. This is due to the mythical qualities of the stories themselves, which although Tolkien said otherwise, clearly reflect the Bible.

Just to reference something everyone knows: Greek Mythology. In Greek Mythology, Odyseus outwits and defeats Poseidon on multiple occasions, does this automatically make Poseidon a weakling? Another example. Death in Greek Mythology was essentially a force even greater than the gods. It was personified like a god, but like the fates, it was not subject to their wills. Heracles WRESTLES DEATH when he drunkenly kills his friend, does this make Death seem fragile. It was a mythic feat done for narrative purposes.

I have no doubt in my mind that Aragorn could also slay Voldemort, because the scale is totally different.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

Also, with his Ring, which was imbued with his will and his power, he is essentially unstoppable. The Maiar couldnt do it. The Valar could but they abandoned Middle Earth.

well, vala didn't 'abandon' middle earth exactly.. Sauron wasn't on their level to begin with, and they were worried about the devastation it would cause to cause to middle earth if they went full scale war on him. That's why gandalf and the other four maia were restricted to human forms, banned from entering a direct power contest with sauron, and were only supposed to guide the people. I don't think even full power sauron could take all five istari at once if they were unrestricted. Hell, people think olorin by himself could take sauron 4/10..

Quanchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: That isn't really applicable or relevant in a versus fight. It is about formidability. It just knocked people on their asses. Gandalf did the same against the goblins. Voldemort destroyed a shield that disintegrated bodies.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quanchi said:

@princearagorn1: That isn't really applicable or relevant in a versus fight. It is about formidability. It just knocked people on their asses. Gandalf did the same against the goblins. Voldemort destroyed a shield that disintegrated bodies.

....and that is worth mentioning against to destroying a few kilometers of solid rock and a several hundred meter tower... how?

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo said:

well, vala didn't 'abandon' middle earth exactly.. Sauron wasn't on their level to begin with, and they were worried about the devastation it would cause to cause to middle earth if they went full scale war on him. That's why gandalf and the other four maia were restricted to human forms, banned from entering a direct power contest with sauron, and were only supposed to guide the people. I don't think even full power sauron could take all five istari at once if they were unrestricted. Hell, people think olorin by himself could take sauron 4/10..

I agreed the Valar could handle him and said as much.

But the Valar were pretty pissed about the Elves who followed Feanor, and said they would not aid any who left. They then took back the Elves who wanted to go after Morgoths defeat, and raised the Humans who earned it, off the shores of Middle Earth within site of Aman. After damning Numenor, they arent really heard of again.

Anyway, my point was that to define what Sauron actually is, and what level we are actually talking about here.

Quanchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: None of this is alluded to in the films. The thing is Aragorn could and would be defeated by simple telekinesis or a simple Avada Kedavra. Voldemort and his energy beams would definitely cut through Sauron's fingers and such since it doesn't have any impressive resistance feats of any kind to suggest otherwise

Quanchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: the structure wasn't very stable and is in no way comparable to the Hogwarts shield.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quanchi said:

@princearagorn1: the structure wasn't very stable and is in no way comparable to the Hogwarts shield.

Of course it isn't comparable to hogwarts shield. The shield was tiny. Sauron changed the landscape for miles... what 'not very stable'? it was solid ground.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quanchi said:

@deaditegonzo: None of this is alluded to in the films. The thing is Aragorn could and would be defeated by simple telekinesis or a simple Avada Kedavra. Voldemort and his energy beams would definitely cut through Sauron's fingers and such since it doesn't have any impressive resistance feats of any kind to suggest otherwise

I apologize I didnt see that this was the film versions. I withdraw my argument, the only familiarity I have with the Harry Potter-verse is the books, never watched the movies,

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@deaditegonzo: OP doesn't say a word about film versions... He actually says sauron is a maia lol.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sauron

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: OP doesn't say a word about film versions... He actually says sauron is a maia lol.

Anyone know why he mentioned the movie versions then? LoL i thought I missed something.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1 said:

Anyone know why he mentioned the movie versions then? LoL i thought I missed something.

he doesn't know anything about the real versions...

silvanus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sauron is the 'darker' lord. I think he takes this.

Stupid_People

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quanchi said:

@stupid_people: Gandalf started to destroy the same old crappy structure. It was anything but stable. The sword was broken by Sauron's bootheel. Not impressive at all and we see Voldemort's energy feats being much more impressive than a blade which can be destroyed by bootheels.

Such ignorance.

afueikawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was done already in the LOTR movie trilogy.

Voldemort took the ring and became Golum afterwards.

Sauron ROFLSTOMPS.