Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@nickras said:

@princearagorn1 said:

@nickras said:

Naruto is a Japanese manga, so it's not too far fetched to assume that the geography of narutoverse is based on Japan's.

lol, Rubbish.

Can't tell if sarcastic or not. If you're serious, just think about this. I used the only tool available to measure the size of those countries, did a bit of research concerning what exactly a country meant in Japan during the period that seems to be the inspiration for Naruto (and it checks out perfectly if you think about the role of a feudal lord in each of the countries) and used this as the basis for my maths.

Meanwhile, everyone else is like "Hey, this map without any scale looks like it could be showing countries the size of USA!"... Provide some logical counter argument or get out.

...The only took available to measure the size of countries is to use the size of parts of a single country in real life? seriously?

Considering supersonic characters took three days to cross similar distance before, your argument is already in pieces.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cb5c24a12dfe
deactivated-5cb5c24a12dfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickras said:

@princearagorn1 said:

@nickras said:

Naruto is a Japanese manga, so it's not too far fetched to assume that the geography of narutoverse is based on Japan's.

lol, Rubbish.

Can't tell if sarcastic or not. If you're serious, just think about this. I used the only tool available to measure the size of those countries, did a bit of research concerning what exactly a country meant in Japan during the period that seems to be the inspiration for Naruto (and it checks out perfectly if you think about the role of a feudal lord in each of the countries) and used this as the basis for my maths.

Meanwhile, everyone else is like "Hey, this map without any scale looks like it could be showing countries the size of USA!"... Provide some logical counter argument or get out.

...The only tool available to measure the size of countries is to use the size of parts of a single country in real life? seriously?

Seriously, anyone who doesn't see that the manga is heavily inspired by Japanese culture must be blind. The author is Japanese, the motives are Japanese, everything about the goddamn manga is Japanese.

For reference materials, Kishimoto performs his own research into Japanese culture and alludes to it in his work.

Kishimoto added that, as Naruto takes place in a "Japanese fantasy world," the creator has to "set certain rules, in a systematic way" so that he could easily "convey the story."

The daimyo (大名 daimyō?, pronounced dai-myoh(help·info)) were the powerful feudal lords[1] in pre-modern Japan who ruled most of the country from their vast, hereditary land holdings. In the term, "dai" (大?) literally means "large", and "myō" stands for myōden (名田?), meaning private land.[2]

A daimyō (大名, daimyō, English TV: Feudal Lord, Literally meaning: Great Name) is the leader of a country. During the third stage of the Chūnin Exams held in Konohagakure...

No Caption Provided

Division of Japanese countries (also called prefectures), each of them under the rule of a feudal lord.

...So, have you come up with a better measuring system already?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1 said:

Considering supersonic characters took three days to cross similar distance before, your argument is already in pieces.

Which characters and when? Are they confirmed to have consistent supersonic travel speed (at distances around hundreds of kilometers), or have we just seen shorter bursts of speed from them (just blitzing characters, high speed combat and moving short distances)?

Oh and by the way, I just did some quick maths and if you move at the speed of sound (not even supersonic) for three days, you travel 88128km. According to you, the distance between the Land of Fire and the Land of Lightning is 20 times as much as the distance from the east to the west coast of the USA in the widest part.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickras said:

@princearagorn1 said:

@nickras said:

...The only tool available to measure the size of countries is to use the size of parts of a single country in real life? seriously?

Seriously, -snip- already?

You do understand that having cultural similarities and having same distances are two different things, right? You're calling others blind, yet can't see that shinobi, inspired by average trained humans are capable of taking down entire countries in the series?

Which characters and when? Are they confirmed to have consistent supersonic travel speed (at distances around hundreds of kilometers), or have we just seen shorter bursts of speed from them (just blitzing characters, high speed combat and moving short distances)?

Team kakashi.

Oh and by the way, I just did some quick maths and if you move at the speed of sound (not even supersonic) for three days, you travel 88128km. According to you, the distance between the Land of Fire and the Land of Lightning is 20 times as much as the distance from the east to the west coast of the USA in the widest part.

lol, and going by your 'naruto planet = japan' theory, that should be 300 km? Sure.

JuzaCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

stops at 20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: Alright, let's do some more maths... So I already calculated in the last post that according to your claim (team Kakashi have consistent supersonic travel speed, and took 3 days to make the trip), the distance between the Land of Fire and the Land of Lightning is 88128 km, or 20 times the width of the USA. Now let's take this a step futher.

The distance between the Land of Fire and the Land of Waves is atleast 1/4 of the distance I mentioned above. Tazuna is an ordinary man and a heavy drinker as well, but let's assume that he can walk 50 kilometers a day (and remember, we already assumed in the previous calculation that team Kakashi's speed is sonic, not supersonic, making the distance shorter than it would be according to you). (88128/4)/50=440.64

So the trip to the Land of Waves during part 1 took 440 days. Let's say that Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura can travel (and travelled) twice as fast as Tazuna can, making their trip back take half as much time. That means that the entire trip took 660 days, which doesn't include the time that the team spent there.

Zabuza/Haku arc took two years. GG.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickras said:

@princearagorn1: Alright, let's do some more maths... So I already calculated...

in the last post that according to your claim (team Kakashi have consistent supersonic travel speed, and took 3 days to make the trip), the distance between the Land of Fire and the Land of Lightning is 88128 km, or 20 times the width of the USA. Now let's take this a step futher.

The distance between the Land of Fire and the Land of Waves is atleast 1/4 of the distance I mentioned above. Tazuna is an ordinary man and a heavy drinker as well, but let's assume that he can walk 50 kilometers a day (and remember, we already assumed in the previous calculation that team Kakashi's speed is sonic, not supersonic, making the distance shorter than it would be according to you). (88128/4)/50=440.64

So the trip to the Land of Waves during part 1 took 440 days. Let's say that Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura can travel (and travelled) twice as fast as Tazuna can, making their trip back take half as much time. That means that the entire trip took 660 days, which doesn't include the time that the team spent there.

I see. Let's go by your theory then.

"Judging from the size of the Japanese isles, the distance between Land of Fire and Land of Lightning should be about 100 km"

Playing the lowest of the low, team 7 runs at real life peak human speeds. So the time they took to run to rescue gaara is 2.5 hours. By the so very off chance that naruto characters are slightly superhuman, the timeframe is even smaller. GG.

Keehn93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ben_coby said:

@keehn93 said:

Aizen makes them fight each other thinking they're fighting him. What's up.

Or Sasuke uses genjutsus on Aizen and makes him his pawn to solo most of this Bleach Gauntlet lol.

Or Aizen makes Sasuke believe he genjutsu'd him while he sits there & laughs at these 2 goofs kill each other.

Bleach abilities can't be fought like Naruto ones. They're more hax.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@jeepeh:

The fact that characters are already mountain level in this universe, many so in fact. And Ichibei's supposed to be high-tier. You can't get a panel of him destroying a mountain, because they're fighting in a mid-air city.

Ichibei is high tier because of his ability to rename the objects or random things transport them 300 miles. Mountain-buster is anyone who showed enough output to destroy a mountain. Not actually destroyed a mountain.

I assume you're referring to our previous discussion with Aizen and Yamma. This is different though, they show Juha arriving, and the next chapter (or was it multiple?) Ichigo and CO only in the rocket and have been waiting. So it's not like there was a 12 hour timeskip there. ~.~

Considering he's flying on a platform anyway, that doesn't help much.

But being the Soul King, capable of holding the universe together, may.

That's basically giving the fuse power of the entire circuit.

And the point of the comment was to show that something's up with the Soul King. Something happened between when he woke up and when Juha got there, the SK has been shown as a sentient being up until that point, capable of giving orders to the RG and things.

Okay.

You already know where that comment's going. Do we really wanna go over this again, or can we just agree here that you don't like calcs/power-scaling/AoEvsDC and I'm fine with them?

I don't have an issue with reasonable/simple calcs/power-scaling, but the ones converting 'possible mountain level' to 'planet level'.... those aren't going to be accepted.

... Right, because it's not like Grimmjow was throwing around mountain sized things before.

Well, he hasn't.

Oh and since I know you'll try to say AoE =/= DC, please remember that Ichigo was already leaving enormous gashes in mountains (Sogyoku Hill) very easily, in Shikai, in the SS Arc. Grimmjow >>>>>>>>> SS arc Ichigo.

or that Gin can cut a city in half.

Or that Ulquiorra's first release razed half of Las Noches (which was likely made of Quartz)

And his Second release's Lanza dwarfed it. And I haven't even gotten into how large Las Noches is or isn't. We've been over that before, and we know where it'll go.

Or when Aizen straight up said that Yamma's shikai technique, when focused, would've turned multiple cities to ash, even with the barrier.

Or when Aizen actually vaporized multiple mountains on panel, with a focused explosion that didn't show the full potency.

No, they were not hills. Mountains. Tatski, and Ichigo confirm it. ~.~

At this point I'm almost certain you're being technical on the 'mountain buster' term. Sure, aizen did take down some mountain-like structures:

...But tally the scans to the remaining scans to see how large the said structures were.

There isn't anything here, or any of the scans you posted (gin cutting the city, lanza, or Desgarrón) a nuke cannot do better.

The reason the term 'mountain buster' is used is because it's far more impressive than said nukes. Sure, bleach characters are technically mountain busters, but that doesn't mean everyone in the same category is in the same league.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickras said:

@princearagorn1: Alright, let's do some more maths... So I already calculated...

in the last post that according to your claim (team Kakashi have consistent supersonic travel speed, and took 3 days to make the trip), the distance between the Land of Fire and the Land of Lightning is 88128 km, or 20 times the width of the USA. Now let's take this a step futher.

I see. Let's go by your theory then.

"Judging from the size of the Japanese isles, the distance between Land of Fire and Land of Lightning should be about 100 km"

Playing the lowest of the low, team 7 runs at real life peak human speeds. So the time they took to run to rescue gaara is 2.5 hours. By the so very off chance that naruto characters are slightly superhuman, the timeframe is even smaller. GG.

If you wanna turn my calculations against me, atleast do it right. If you actually read what I wrote, you should know that the lenght that I used in my calculations is 300 km so that I have some reserve.

Highest recorded running speed is 44.7 km/h by Usain Bolt, so that's what you would call peak human speeds. The problem is that that's sprinting. Peak human speed over long distances is about 6.5 m/s or 23.5 km/h. Of course, this speed refers to marathon runs, meaning about 1/7 of the distance that Team 7 had to cross. You also have to factor in running for three days straight without getting any sleep at all.

Increasing the distance to, let's say, 1600 km, gives us a much more reasonable travel time (although still high) for Tazuna and co. (12 days in total) while making the 3 day run to save Gaara about 22.2 km/h. Please note that I am very sceptical that the team could maintain that speed for 3 days straight without a single stop, since they have shown nothing that would imply that they can.

Now, let's see what that does to Naruto's and Sauce's speed:

96000 km/h

0,0089% of light speed

Still travel speed, not combat speed.

Better?

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@nickras:

If you wanna turn my calculations against me, atleast do it right. If you actually read what I wrote, you should know that the lenght that I used in my calculations is 300 km so that I have some reserve.

A reserve to go even lower? Alright.

Highest recorded running speed is 44.7 km/h by Usain Bolt, so that's what you would call peak human speeds. The problem is that that's sprinting. Peak human speed over long distances is about 6.5 m/s or 23.5 km/h. Of course, this speed refers to marathon runs, meaning about 1/7 of the distance that Team 7 had to cross.

Very well, let's go even lower.

You also have to factor in running for three days straight without getting any sleep at all.

Considering high tier shinobi are known to fight for days straight, that's not much.

Increasing the distance to, let's say, 1600 km, gives us a much more reasonable travel time (although still high) for Tazuna and co. (12 days in total) while making the 3 day run to save Gaara about 22.2 km/h.

So regardless of how much you much farther you take the lowball estimate, it 300 km estimate makes zero sense.

Please note that I am very sceptical that the team could maintain that speed for 3 days straight without a single stop, since they have shown nothing that would imply that they can.

...Other that actually running the said distance, nothing.

Now, let's see what that does to Naruto's and Sauce's speed: 96000 km/h 0,0089% of light speed Still travel speed, not combat speed.

Better?

That's step 1: Admitting that 300 km estimation is false. Rest comes later.

Still travel speed, not combat speed.

They're actually running through obstacles, and adjusting the course accordingly. So they can perceive, react, and move their limbs at the same speed.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: Fun fuct: for Naruto and Sasuke to have light speed, the distance from Land of Fire to Land of Lightning would have to be 6545 times the width of the USA or 13 times the diameter of our Sun. Team 7's mission to the Land of Waves during part 1 would take approximately 369 years.

By the way, if you've read correctly, you would know that I never admitted that 300km estimation is false. I clearly said that I don't think that Team 7 could've maintained that speed when going to save Gaara. You're free to provide proof that they can. Team 7 at that time certainly weren't "high tier shinobi who could fight for days straight".

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@nickras:

Fun fuct: for Naruto and Sasuke to have light speed, the distance from Land of Fire to Land of Lightning would have to be 6545 times the width of the USA or 13 times the diameter of our Sun. Team 7's mission to the Land of Waves during part 1 would take approximately 369 years.

Irrelevant info, but that's base naruto/sasuke running.

By the way, if you've read correctly, you would know that I never admitted that 300km estimation is false. I clearly said that I don't think that Team 7 could've maintained that speed when going to save Gaara.

lol, considering your comments till now, I don't think you will ever admit it explicitly anyway.

But let's sum up your assumption:

"Naruto is a Japanese manga, so it's not too far fetched to assume that the geography of narutoverse is based on Japan's. Judging from the size of the Japanese isles, the distance between Land of Fire and Land of Lightning should be about 100 km, but probably no more than 300 km"

Marathoners covered 350+ km in 48 hours.

Team 7 took covered about 100 km, no more than 300 km in 72 hours.

Hence proved, naruto characters are below human. Hats off, you saw through and spectacularly debunked all the wank narutards spread.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#114  Edited By TheVivas

@redhawk667:

Pretty sure butterflaizen was throwing mini-nukes around by this point.

Naruto can do that casually.

Deflects 5 mountain busters in BM mode, which isn't his strongest form:

Just one of his Bijuu Bombs is equivalent to 5 other Bijuus':

In his SO6P mode, he's even stronger, able to throw 6 BB Rasenshuriken's at once, all of which are stronger than his BB:

The size of those meteors was so big that Sasuke's Perfect Susanoo cut a few of them into about 6 pieces, yet each piece dwarfed mountains:

The picture below is from the same scan, and the yellow arrows are pointing to the pieces Sasuke cut, the red are pointing to mountains:

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickras:

Irrelevant info, but that's base naruto/sasuke running.

And if certain power-ups increase their travel speed let's say 50x and they reach light speed after that, this "irrelevant info" is gonna be still as ridiculous as before.

@nickras:

But let's sum up your assumption:

"Naruto is a Japanese manga, so it's not too far fetched to assume that the geography of narutoverse is based on Japan's. Judging from the size of the Japanese isles, the distance between Land of Fire and Land of Lightning should be about 100 km, but probably no more than 300 km"

You clearly and probably intentionally omitted the part where I showed quotes of Kishimoto saying that Narutoverse is sort of a fantasy Japan and where I compare the roles of feudal lords and countries/provinces in Narutoverse and Japan (the same).

Now for your assumption.

Unlike me, you have nothing to base the size of countries on, yet you somehow claim that the unquantifiable feat of crossing these unknown distances somehow make Naruto and Sasuke faster than I claim they are. You have literally nothing to base your claims on.

@nickras:

Marathoners covered 350+ km in 48 hours.

Team 7 took covered aboout 100 km, no more than 300 km in 72 hours.

Hence proved, naruto characters are below human.

I wonder where you got this info from. The modern Marathon run is 42.195 km. The basis for this modern version is a legend about a Greek courier who ran 240 km in two days to request help from Spartians against persians. After that, he ran 40 km to Athens to announce Greek victory and collapsed and died right after.

With 300 km in 72 hours, Naruto characters are still clearly above humans.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickras:

And if certain power-ups increase their travel speed let's say 50x and they reach light speed after that, this "irrelevant info" is gonna be still as ridiculous as before.

You clearly and probably intentionally omitted the part where I showed quotes of Kishimoto saying that Narutoverse is sort of a fantasy Japan and where I compare the roles of feudal lords and countries/provinces in Narutoverse and Japan (the same).

And you're twisting that into saying that he also based the statistics on them, when the vast gap between levels real-life shinobi and fantasy shinobi perform at has been made perfectly clear ever since the very first page of the manga.

Now for your assumption.

Unlike me, you have nothing to base the size of countries on, yet you somehow claim that the unquantifiable feat of crossing these unknown distances somehow make Naruto and Sasuke faster than I claim they are. You have literally nothing to base your claims on.

I see. So that's why, it's better to assume that fantasy japan = real world japan, and fantasy shinobi < real life humans. It all makes sense now.

I wonder where you got this info from. The modern Marathon run is 42.195 km. The basis for this modern version is a legend about a Greek courier who ran 240 km in two days to request help from Spartians against persians. After that, he ran 40 km to Athens to announce Greek victory and collapsed and died right after.

With 300 km in 72 hours, Naruto characters are still clearly above humans.

From the ultramarathon records.

48H Road368.687 kmMami Kudo(Kudou, Kudoh) (JPN)8-10 Apr 2011GreeceAthens, Greece
48H Track397.103 kmSumie Inagaki (JPN)21–23 May 2010FranceSurgeres, France
48H Indoor390.024 kmTraci Falbo (USA)04-06 Aug 2014United StatesAnchorage, USA

Supporting documents:

http://www.iau-ultramarathon.org/images/file/World_Best_Performances_Ocober_2010.pdf

ValarMelkor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's no way to tell the country sizes for sure but Naruto being based off of Japanese culture/mythology doesn't mean that the Naruto world takes place in Japan. It clearly does not take place anywhere on the real life earth.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickras:

And you're twisting that into saying that he also based the statistics on them, when the vast gap between levels real-life shinobi and fantasy shinobi perform at has been made perfectly clear ever since the very first page of the manga.

The fact that he gave shinobi "superpowers" means that he gave countries superwidth? If you make a shonen manga, it's fairly obvious that there are gonna be some metahuman fighting skills involved. How does that affect the setting? Kishimoto made Narutoverse a mix of modern and shogunate Japan. However, making it into a modern/shogunate Japan with bigger surface than Saturn makes no sense.

@nickras:

I see. So that's why, it's better to assume that fantasy japan = real world japan, and fantasy shinobi < real life humans. It all makes sense now.

Having something to base your assumptions on>not having anything to base your assumptions on. I'll get to the shinobi<RL humans part later.

@nickras:

48H Road368.687 kmMami Kudo(Kudou, Kudoh) (JPN)8-10 Apr 2011GreeceAthens, Greece
48H Track397.103 kmSumie Inagaki (JPN)21–23 May 2010FranceSurgeres, France
48H Indoor390.024 kmTraci Falbo (USA)04-06 Aug 2014United StatesAnchorage, USA

Supporting documents:

http://www.iau-ultramarathon.org/images/file/World_Best_Performances_Ocober_2010.pdf

This just goes to show that if you reach peak human abilities in a single discipline (because doing that in multiple is physically impossible), prepare for the particular event like crazy, devote all your daily habits to running, spend several days before the race by doing intensive but balanced training, have an aerodynamic dress and perfect footwear, run on a smooth track/road and don't have to do anything afterwards, you might outperform the fantasy shinobi who just suddenly decided that they have to cross the distance, have to carry battle equipment, have supbar footwear, have to run through forests and deserts, haven't had their diet balanced just for the occasion for the last few weeks, have to watch out for enemy ambushes and have to be battle-ready when they arrive.

Show me Sakura's travel speed feats that prove that she can do better.

Avatar image for passingthrough545
passingthrough545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naruto countries are countries sized there is nothing to debate about here, did Kishi use Japanese myths, history and folklore for Naruto yes. Can Naruto and Sauce clear rounds 1-20 the answer is yes there should not be a debate about anything else.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickras:

rofl, amidst all the wordplay, this is the conclusion you keep coming back to:

"you might outperform the fantasy shinobi who just suddenly decided that they have to cross the distance "

Basically, according to your expert analysis backed by mathematical and logical facts, A well-trained runner on the road is faster than team kakashi by a good margin. Well done.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's no way to tell the country sizes for sure but Naruto being based off of Japanese culture/mythology doesn't mean that the Naruto world takes place in Japan. It clearly does not take place anywhere on the real life earth.

Kishimoto added that, as Naruto takes place in a "Japanese fantasy world," he has set certain rules, in a systematic way so that he could easily "convey the story." -from an interview

Inspiration for Naruto countries are clearly countries from shogunate Japan, which are similiar to modern prefectures.

Before the modern prefecture system was established, the islands of Japan were divided into tens of kuni (国, countries), usually known in English as provinces.-Taken from wikipedia

An example of Naruto counterpart-The Land of Fire (火の国, Hi no Kuni) -Taken from naruto wiki

Even the heads of those countries are the same as in shogunate Japan.

The daimyo (大名 daimyō?, pronounced dai-myoh(help·info)) were the powerful feudal lords[1] in pre-modern Japan who ruled most of the country from their vast, hereditary land holdings. In the term, "dai" (大?) literally means "large", and "myō" stands for myōden (名田?), meaning private land. -Taken from wikipedia

A daimyō (大名, daimyō, English TV: Feudal Lord, Literally meaning: Great Name) is the leader of a country. During the third stage of the Chūnin Exams held in Konohagakure... -Taken from naruto wiki

So it matches in both terminology and administrative hierarchy. I'm not saying that it's 100% conclusive evidence that countries from Naruto are about the size of shogunate countries, but it's certainly much more evidence about their size than anyone else has provided so far.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@passingthrough545 said:

Naruto countries are countries sized there is nothing to debate about here, did Kishi use Japanese myths, history and folklore for Naruto yes. Can Naruto and Sauce clear rounds 1-20 the answer is yes there should not be a debate about anything else.

The problem is that in the period of Japanese history that Naruto is taking inspiration from, countries are just 10 administrative parts of the Japanese isles. Even the exact original wording confims this.

ValarMelkor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickras said:

@valarmelkor said:

Kishimoto added that, as Naruto takes place in a "Japanese fantasy world," he has set certain rules, in a systematic way so that he could easily "convey the story." -from an interview

Inspiration for Naruto countries are clearly countries from shogunate Japan, which are similiar to modern prefectures.

Before the modern prefecture system was established, the islands of Japan were divided into tens of kuni (国, countries), usually known in English as provinces.-Taken from wikipedia

An example of Naruto counterpart-The Land of Fire (火の国, Hi no Kuni) -Taken from naruto wiki

Even the heads of those countries are the same as in shogunate Japan.

The daimyo (大名 daimyō?, pronounced dai-myoh(help·info)) were the powerful feudal lords[1] in pre-modern Japan who ruled most of the country from their vast, hereditary land holdings. In the term, "dai" (大?) literally means "large", and "myō" stands for myōden (名田?), meaning private land. -Taken from wikipedia

A daimyō (大名, daimyō, English TV: Feudal Lord, Literally meaning: Great Name) is the leader of a country. During the third stage of the Chūnin Exams held in Konohagakure... -Taken from naruto wiki

So it matches in both terminology and administrative hierarchy. I'm not saying that it's 100% conclusive evidence that countries from Naruto are about the size of shogunate countries, but it's certainly much more evidence about their size than anyone else has provided so far.

Yeah I know all that, but to claim that the countries are only the size of shogunate countries cannot be proven at all. I mean sure the Naruto world was influenced heavily by Japanese mythology, but looking at the map it's clearly not Japan..

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@valarmelkor said:

Yeah I know all that, but to claim that the countries are only the size of shogunate countries cannot be proven at all. I mean sure the Naruto world was influenced heavily by Japanese mythology, but looking at the map it's clearly not Japan..

It's all in the specific terminology. With the way they're called, if the Naruto countries were actual countries, it would be like making a fantasy western comic with motives from Greece and calling the poleis villages.

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By jeepeh

@princearagorn1:

Ichibei is high tier because of his ability to rename the objects or random things transport them 300 miles. Mountain-buster is anyone who showed enough output to destroy a mountain. Not actually destroyed a mountain.

And how do you intend that level of power to be shown, when they're fighting in mid-air, probably thousands or millions of miles in the air? Ulquiorra, Grimmjow, ect already have reasons to be on or above that level, and ichibei is far stronger than them.

Considering he's flying on a platform anyway, that doesn't help much.

Made by Hashwalth IIRC, who is < Juha. Why doesn't it help? Because they created something to carry all 3 of them up together instead of just Hirenkyaku'ing up themselves? I guess it's a matter of opinion, but it's something they made, so Idk

That's basically giving the fuse power of the entire circuit.

*scratching head* Huh? He's holding the different dimensions together, it's not like there's something amping him to do it. In fact he's quite nerfed ATM with all of his limbs missing, which seem to be powerful enough to hold the dimensions together themselves.

I don't have an issue with reasonable/simple calcs/power-scaling, but the ones converting 'possible mountain level' to 'planet level'.... those aren't going to be accepted.

Calling it mountain level is almost as much downplaying as you could possibly do, the only worse thing is calling it a hill. Vaporizing the mountain from a distance through shockwaves + Needing to be way way more than continent busting = He's way more than what people call him, regardless of him being Planet Level or not. Let's call the Planet level thing a "high end".

Well, he hasn't.

.... Then how big is Degarron? The smallest mountain in the world is only 141 ft tall.

At this point I'm almost certain you're being technical on the 'mountain buster' term. Sure, aizen did take down some mountain-like structures:

...But tally the scans to the remaining scans to see how large the said structures were.

Um, the first one is poor distancing, and the second doesn't even have a frame of reference for scale. If you want to go into this then I can start pixel scaling.

There isn't anything here, or any of the scans you posted (gin cutting the city, lanza, or Desgarrón) a nuke cannot do better.

A normal nuke can vaporize multiple cities to ash plus a magical barrier? Comparing a nuke to Gin's sword isn't exactly fair, completely different types of damaging. Same with Desgarron. They don't explode. Discussing Lanza requires discussing the size of Las Noches, which is anywhere from multi-city to tiny country.

The reason the term 'mountain buster' is used is because it's far more impressive than said nukes.

.... Why are we even talking about Nukes? Since when is being similar to a nuke (which is very variable) required to be considered mountain buster?

Sure, bleach characters are technically mountain busters, but that doesn't mean everyone in the same category is in the same league.

*scratching head* So they can destroy mountains, but they can't be mountain level.... Doesn't that contradict the first thing you said in this post? And what do you mean by the same category?

passingthrough545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickras: That is beyond stupid reasoning, taking inspiration from Japaneses history and myths does not equate that Narutoverse country is the size of a prefecture. Taking inspiration never means taking everything literally. Amaterasu is a sun goddess not black fire, Kaguyahime is a just a princess who fell from the moon not a alien who can mind control people, Kamui is a divine being in Ainu myth not a space-time tech. Stan Lee was inspired by Norse God Thor and created Marvel Thor, though he based M Thor on N Thor those guys are different, N Thor was a Red Head, M Thor is blond, N Thor Loki is his uncle, M Thor Loki is his brother. Taking inspiration does not mean taking everything from said inspiration you take somethings leave things out and add in other things. A country in the Narutoverse is country sized.

No Caption Provided

Kishi based Naruto on the myths and history of Japan that we can all agree on, there was no mention nor does that mean he based it on the geography of Japan, learn the difference. Seriously the reasoning that a Narutoverse country is basically a prefecture is so bad that even Scathan disapproves.

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickras:

"you might outperform the fantasy shinobi who just suddenly decided that they have to cross the distance "

Basically, according to your expert analysis backed by mathematical and logical facts, A well-trained runner on the road is faster than team kakashi by a good margin. Well done.

I see that you still haven't learned to actually read my posts, perhaps all the wordplay is too exhausting. Let me explain it with a nice hyperbole for a change.

You're racing with Usain Bolt. He's wearing baggy pants, swimfins, a parka and is carrying a bag full of bricks. He has to run through thick bushes, turn around every fifty meters and sing a few verses from the American anthem. Oh, and he's doing this after a night of heavy drinking. On the other hand, you're running on a stadium with the finest sportswear.

Who's faster?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@passingthrough545: So what's the reasoning behind a Naruto country being country sized?

My explanation actually HAS reasoning behind it.

Kuni (used in the names of countries in Naruto) refered to a province until 1868 when the prefecture system was implemented. After that, it refered to a country. You know what's the difference between the prefectures and provinces? The provinces had feudal lords, prefectures don't and never did.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@nickras said:

@princearagorn1 said:

@nickras:

I see that you still haven't learned to actually read my posts, perhaps all the wordplay is too exhausting. Let me explain it with a nice hyperbole for a change.

Your conclusion. It's one of the best things ever seen on comicvine. Such spectacular sight throws off the attention from the rest of the post.

You're racing with Usain Bolt. He's wearing baggy pants, swimfins, a parka and is carrying a bag full of bricks. He has to run through thick bushes, turn around every fifty meters and sing a few verses from the American anthem. Oh, and he's doing this after a night of heavy drinking. On the other hand, you're running on a stadium with the finest sportswear.

Who's faster?

Objection. Relevance?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: Team 7 is not outclassed, they are outperformed because of inferior equipment, no pre-run preparations, much worse running surface, having to carry heavy equipment, having to divide their attention between running and checking for enemies.

passingthrough545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickras: Fantasy world, if somebody in that verse calls it a country we have no option but to call it a country, and we must assume its country sized unless stated and given details otherwise. Same thing with the moon if somebody in that world calls it the moon we must assume its moon sized, because the author is not suddenly going go to full detail how wide country A is, how big is it, how many people, etc.

If it took place on our Earth we can call things out on it, but it is not its a country in another planet or universe, until we get more details on it, we must take their world on it. Authors in general often like to use the real world as the base for their fantasy worlds, so they like to keep measurements consistent with our world, all worlds in alternate universes are earth sized, all countries are country sized, all moons are moon sized and so on, unless the author bothers to go into more detail about how big country B is compared to California or a country like Germany a country is automatically average country sized. Its like you never read fantasy world fiction before.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickras said:

@princearagorn1: Team 7 is not outclassed, they are outperformed because of inferior equipment, no pre-run preparations, much worse running surface, having to carry heavy equipment, having to divide their attention between running and checking for enemies.

I can't tell if you're actually serious anymore, but enough time has been wasted on this nonsense.

Just to be clear - You're insisting that a well trained human outperforms this:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickras: Fantasy world, if somebody in that verse calls it a country we have no option but to call it a country, and we must assume its country sized unless stated and given details otherwise. Same thing with the moon if somebody in that world calls it the moon we must assume its moon sized, because the author is not suddenly going go to full detail how wide country A is, how big is it, how many people, etc.

If it took place on our Earth we can call things out on it, but it is not its a country in another planet or universe, until we get more details on it, we must take their world on it. Authors in general often like to use the real world as the base for their fantasy worlds, so they like to keep measurements consistent with our world, all worlds in alternate universes all worlds are earth sized, all countries are country sized, all moons are moon sized and so on, unless the author bothers to go into more detail about how big country B is compared to California or a country like Germany a country is automatically average country sized. Its like you never read fantasy world fiction before.

There's only one thing I can say to that... Lost in translation. The word "kuni" that is used in the original means "country" only since the implementation of the prefecture system. Before that, it referred to a provence which was ruled over by a feudal lord.

You said that authors in general often like to use the real world as the base for their fantasy world, well this is exactly the case. Naruto world is a mix of modern and shogunate Japan, but the administrative system is clearly from the shogunate (feudal lords), so using the word "kuni" in this context leads me to believe that Kishimoto does refer to provences.

passingthrough545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickras:

@nickras said:

@passingthrough545 said:

If it took place on our Earth we can call things out on it, but it is not its a country in another planet or universe, until we get more details on it, we must take their world on it. Authors in general often like to use the real world as the base for their fantasy worlds, so they like to keep measurements consistent with our world, all worlds in alternate universes all worlds are earth sized, all countries are country sized, all moons are moon sized and so on, unless the author bothers to go into more detail about how big country B is compared to California or a country like Germany a country is automatically average country sized. Its like you never read fantasy world fiction before.

There's only one thing I can say to that... Lost in translation. The word "kuni" that is used in the original means "country" only since the implementation of the prefecture system. Before that, it referred to a provence which was ruled over by a feudal lord.

You said that authors in general often like to use the real world as the base for their fantasy world, well this is exactly the case. Naruto world is a mix of modern and shogunate Japan, but the administrative system is clearly from the shogunate (feudal lords), so using the word "kuni" in this context leads me to believe that Kishimoto does refer to provences.

Exactly, the thing is Kishi is no way in any context says that his Kuni equals the old Kuni which refers to province. Since its a mash up and Kishi does base his stuff from Japan myths and history does not mean he takes everything literally Kuni in this context could actually mean country, which is more likely since he never delved much into the feudal lord system nor would he bother making kids understand that since Naruto is not a historical manga nor is it accurate in mythology anyways and Naruto emphasize the modern more anyway, if we were talking about Romance of the Three Kingdoms with super powers yet take place in our world you would be right. Did you know Toneri was actually based on Prince Toneri from the 7th century who served as the editor of the Nihon Shokki? Are they alike? No they are not, if you didn't understand that then I will repeat myself.

@passingthrough545 said:

@nickras: Taking inspiration from Japaneses history and myths does not equate that Narutoverse country is the size of a prefecture. Taking inspiration never means taking everything literally. Amaterasu is a sun goddess not black fire, Kaguyahime is a just a princess who fell from the moon not a alien who can mind control people, Kamui is a divine being in Ainu myth not a space-time tech. Stan Lee was inspired by Norse God Thor and created Marvel Thor, though he based M Thor on N Thor those guys are different, N Thor was a Red Head, M Thor is blond, N Thor Loki is his uncle, M Thor Loki is his brother. Taking inspiration does not mean taking everything from said inspiration you take somethings leave things out and add in other things. A country in the Narutoverse is country sized.

Kishi based Naruto on the myths and history of Japan that we can all agree on, there was no mention nor does that mean he based it on the geography of Japan, learn the difference.

MudaMudaMuda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickras: So basically, you are saying that the entire Naruto planet is Japan sized ? lol

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickras: excellent work friend, it does my heart wonders when i see naruto wank debunked.

Avatar image for saint_of_origin
Saint_of_Origin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@midnightdragon18: Get out of my thread with that please. Conflict is fine in debates, but bait posting like that will get you flagged to all Hell and back.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_of_origin: Weren't you supposed to bring some Naruto and Sasuke speed feats? Where they at?? Lol

Saint_of_Origin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas: Whoever posted the country travelling feats beat me to it. And I said I would if no one beat me to it...but they did. And that combined with my laziness has absolved me of guilt :D

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_of_origin: They have more speed feats than that! But alright you get a pass on this one haha :p

Saint_of_Origin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas: Of course I do! I'm OP! My thread.

New thread rule:

@thevivas must post a video of a chicken with every one of his posts. He cannot post the same video twice. If he does, I'm calling a mod >:D

MudaMudaMuda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By MudaMudaMuda

@saint_of_origin: I see that those DBZ fans are still salty. lol

Kind of funny since it's much easier to put up a case for DBZ Earth being really small.

Saint_of_Origin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Saint_of_Origin

@mudamudamuda: Apparently!

No Caption Provided

And I've just been quietly following the logic here. It's made me lol a few times. Naruto PLANET = Japan? 4 SRS BRUH

MudaMudaMuda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_of_origin: Yep. The best part so far was the one about regular humans "outperforming" team 7 in crossing the distance. lol

Saint_of_Origin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Saint_of_Origin

@mudamudamuda: Yeah. Usain Bolt confirmed speed blitz Pre-Shippuden Sasuke w/gear. :D

#UsainBoltSpeedBlitz

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saint_of_Origin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas: I see no chicken video with that post...calling mod in 5....4....

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MudaMudaMuda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers