Round 2: Sans is attacking Hulk's soul

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3f3e796cbd9
deactivated-5f3f3e796cbd9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I mean mii gunner can take mcu hulk any day of the week, Sans is just adding the style factor.

FlashFyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk gets speedblitzed.

Void_Reborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aren't humans in the Undertale verse ridiculously overpowered even for a random child? Wouldn't the Hulk be like an absolute God?

FlashFyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@void_reborn:

Checkpoints had a lore function; human souls can learn from a fight and redo it. In a straight-up 1v1 in the overworld where are no checkpoints (you die and that's it), Hulk can't really do anything except have his soul get wrecked.

Void_Reborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Void_Reborn

@flashfyr said:

@void_reborn:

Checkpoints had a lore function; human souls can learn from a fight and redo it. In a straight-up 1v1 in the overworld where are no checkpoints (you die and that's it), Hulk can't really do anything except have his soul get wrecked.

In that case, it depends. How powerful are Sans' Gaster Blasters lore wise? In game, a single shot is unable to kill the human and even multiple if they don't drop to 0 HP. Karma does most of the damage. If they are at all comparable to Iron Man's regular repulsor weapons or his Hulkbuster repulsor rays, they aren't doing much to Hulk except pissing him off. Hulk has the durability to handle TK spam and Sans can't hold out forever as we already know. He gets tired just by moving or using his abilities. He can teleport and dodge around for quite a long period but I'm not quite sure he has what it takes to put the Hulk down permanently.

FlashFyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@void_reborn:

I'm pretty sure monsters don't fight you physically.

Void_Reborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flashfyr said:

@void_reborn:

I'm pretty sure monsters don't fight you physically.

What do you mean? I know their attacks are mostly powered by magic.

FlashFyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@void_reborn:

They stick your soul in a box and start shooting at it.

Void_Reborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flashfyr said:

@void_reborn:

They stick your soul in a box and start shooting at it.

Is that not just a game mechanic? Lol

If they actually fight like that then this isn't much of a fight and every 'animated' portrayal of the Undertale characters fighting would be completely wrong.

FlashFyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@void_reborn:

Yeah nah, lorewise that's actually how it works. The whole point of Undertale is that the mechanics are part of the story, incorporeal soul battles included.

Void_Reborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flashfyr said:

@void_reborn:

Yeah nah, lorewise that's actually how it works. The whole point of Undertale is that the mechanics are part of the story, incorporeal soul battles included.

Any sources?

FlashFyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FlashFyr

@void_reborn:

The game? They actually explain checkpoints, the heart (soul), how loading works, Flowey literally says "See that heart? That is your SOUL, the very culmination of your being." It doesn't take much effort to put two and two together to realize that monsters are attacking your incorporeal soul, not trying to bash your skull in.

Void_Reborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flashfyr said:

@void_reborn:

The game? They actually explain checkpoints, the heart (soul), how loading works, Flowey literally says "See that heart? That is your SOUL, the very culmination of your being." It doesn't take much effort to put two and two together to realize that monsters are attacking your incorporeal soul, not trying to bash your skull in.

I suppose that is true. Hm.. Hulk seems helpless then. Wouldn't his determination make it impossible for him to lose, though?

FlashFyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By FlashFyr

@void_reborn:

While determination can live on after death, saving / loading is a feature specific to the underworld which is why people can't do it in the overworld. Yes, Hulk is helpless. Just like he would be helpless if the Ancient One, Ghost Rider, etc. took his soul out and destroyed it instead of getting into a fist fight.

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sans

Void_Reborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flashfyr said:

@void_reborn:

While determination can live on after death, saving / loading is a feature specific to the underworld which is why people can't do it in the overworld. Yes, Hulk is helpless. Just like he would be helpless if the Ancient One, Ghost Rider, etc. took his soul out and destroyed it instead of getting into a fist fight.

Omega stomp in Sans' favor then.

Void_Reborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilbroomstick Did you intend for them to fight 'physically' or were you aware of the soul manip ez hax win for Sans?

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@lilbroomstick Did you intend for them to fight 'physically' or were you aware of the soul manip ez hax win for Sans?

I was really thinking of a physical fight, but yeah I did know that he had some soul manipulation. He wouldn't abuse it in my opinion.

Void_Reborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilbroomstick: In that case I think it would be more interesting if we discussed this in regards to how they would fight character to character not how the game worked. Like a 'normal' battle, I mean.

AsianAntics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sans' entire gimmick is ignoring durability and teleporting away. He counters Hulk pretty damn hard, and with Hulk having 0 soul damage resistance feats, he goes down quick.

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilbroomstick: In that case I think it would be more interesting if we discussed this in regards to how they would fight character to character not how the game worked. Like a 'normal' battle, I mean.

I separated the physical fight and soul based fight into different rounds

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asianantics: Sans can't attack Hulk's soul in the first round

AsianAntics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilbroomstick: In which case he literally cannot do a single thing to Hulk. He has 1 health and 1 attack. He quite literally would lose to an 8 year old with a knife.

R1: Sans gets stomped into the ground

R2: Hulk gets boned into the ground

Void_Reborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilbroomstick: In which case he literally cannot do a single thing to Hulk. He has 1 health and 1 attack. He quite literally would lose to an 8 year old with a knife.

R1: Sans gets stomped into the ground

R2: Hulk gets boned into the ground

I think OP meant it in a way that despite Sans being unable to attack the soul, what would normally happen to the soul or what Sans would do to the soul with his attacks would happen to the Hulk physically.

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Lilbroomstick

@void_reborn:

They actually kind of had a point Sans' attack power is quite low and the only reason they do so much damage is because he "cheats" which allows him to do numerous attacks simultaneously. Hulk's durability should be quite a bit above a kid's though.

We don't know how Hulk's soul would hold up on the otherhand.

Void_Reborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@void_reborn:

They actually kind of had a point Sans' attack power is quite low and the only reason they do so much damage is because he "cheats" which allows him to do numerous attacks simultaneously. Hulk's durability should be quite a bit above a kid's though.

We don't know how Hulk's soul would hold up on the otherhand.

Fair.. I think it's accurate to assume both rounds are a stomp in opposite ways.

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump