Sanji(One Piece) vs Gray(Fairy Tail)

• 98 results
Posted by Gilateen (5077 posts) 5 months, 11 days ago

Poll: Sanji(One Piece) vs Gray(Fairy Tail) (53 votes)

Vinsmoke Sanji 51%
Gray Fullbuster 49%
  • Sanji(Whole Cake Island Arc)
  • Gray(Alveraz War Arc)
  • No Knowledge/Prep
  • In Character
  • Starting Distance: 40ft
  • Win by DEATH or K.O
No Caption Provided

VS

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for comicvinepoozer1
#51 Posted by comicvinepoozer1 (6485 posts) - - Show Bio

@ecoblitz: Laxus (Gray is faster than pre-ts Laxus) Mirajane

Natsu

Erza

The dragons

Tbh lightning speed is something that should be taken with a grain of salt. Even Gajeel outpaced cloud to ground lightning back in the beginning of the series. A lot of times lightning is a bad measuring stick for someone’s speed in a lot of fiction (think avatar) And what Sanji did doesn’t exactly equal him being faster than lightning either. You don’t have to be faster than what someone can react to, to overwhelm them. It’s hard to explain

#52 Posted by EcoBlitz (6128 posts) - - Show Bio

@el_directo_: I highly doubt that. Very highly doubt that.

WCI?? You mean when he blitzed oven?

#53 Posted by EcoBlitz (6128 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicvinepoozer1: it’s really not. Gajeel’s feat might be contradicted by other feats.

Avatar is a bad example because people literally see the fire benders charge up the lightning, the only feats you can call are outliers such as the iroh and Zuni feat against Azula.

Yes you kinda have to be because if they have no problem reacting to something faster than you, you can’t tag them.

#54 Posted by El_directo_ (1322 posts) - - Show Bio

@ecoblitz: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/wendy-fairy-tail-vs-hisoka-hunter-x-hunter-2013318/#js-message-44

Read my post 37. Gajeel not only outran lightning, he grabbed natsu and appeared behind laxus. This was BOS and gray scales massively above that.

Yeah I meant when sanji blitzed oven.

#55 Posted by comicvinepoozer1 (6485 posts) - - Show Bio

@ecoblitz: what feats are contradicting?

And what I mean is that I can dodge a baseball going faster than what a human can punch but that doesn’t mean I can dodge a combo from a boxer. Hitting someone who has reacted to something fast doesn’t make you faster than what they reacted to

#56 Edited by Helloman (30115 posts) - - Show Bio

Gray wins.

#58 Edited by CaoCao (2533 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicvinepoozer1 said:

@caocao: I’m on mobile so I can’t. But it’s at the end of Fairy Tail chapter 498

Hmm... didn´t find the AZ statement.

Only find one statement two chapters later, but that isn´t AZ:

No Caption Provided

No Absolute Zero Feats or Abilities for Grey at this point.

#59 Posted by Tyki_Mikk25 (590 posts) - - Show Bio

@caocao: yes, both him and Invel were stated to have abilities/cold that surpassed absolute zero. It was stated at the end of one of the chapters of their fight

Stop posting this nonsense, it was never be state in the manga that Invel/Gray using AZ. Just check up the fight and you see their isn´t any panel where we get statet that one of them using AZ.

Sanji take this fight via speed and ap which is enough to beat the shit of Gray.

#60 Posted by CaoCao (2533 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicvinepoozer1 said:

@caocao: yes, both him and Invel were stated to have abilities/cold that surpassed absolute zero. It was stated at the end of one of the chapters of their fight

Stop posting this nonsense, it was never be state in the manga that Invel/Gray using AZ. Just check up the fight and you see their isn´t any panel where we get statet that one of them using AZ.

Sanji take this fight via speed and ap which is enough to beat the shit of Gray.

So, realy no AZ? Grey has some good ice-based abilities but AZ is another level.

#61 Posted by comicvinepoozer1 (6485 posts) - - Show Bio
#62 Posted by comicvinepoozer1 (6485 posts) - - Show Bio
#63 Posted by comicvinepoozer1 (6485 posts) - - Show Bio
#66 Posted by Earendill (1741 posts) - - Show Bio

Gray stomps.

#67 Posted by El_directo_ (1322 posts) - - Show Bio

Could go either ways. Leaning towards gray tho.

#68 Edited by CaoCao (2533 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, thanks for the scan:

Invel... wielder of a wintry cold that bests even absolute zero"

Sounds more like Invel, or did i misinterpreted the statement? o.O

Also people like Happy, Lucy, etc. survive AZ? Those are more hyperbole statements.

If we allowed to use hyperbole, then Temari could blown up a universe and Amaterasu burns hot like the sun. (That are just two explainations)

AZ is even for several mangas a very rare ability and at on most of them they failed in their effect of AZ. I only saw AZ two times, where it was shown on a more realistic point: Bastard!! and Re: Zero.

Even Rukia her Absolute Zero ist questionable, let alone Invel.

Anyway: We all know that Gray has some ice resistance. Even if we accept the Hyperbole then Gray has "only" some resistance against AZ. That is impressive tho, but isn´t relevant against Sanji, since he wont work with AZ, or Iceattacks. Sanji is a skilled close combat fighter with a few fireabilities in his attack.

On the other point, i didn´t remember that Sanji can resist ice, so Gray is a hard enemy for Sanji, as long the fight isn´t going in the close combat.

Gray has better abilities to work against Sanji on a higher distance. The speed difference between both could be a problem. It could go either way.

#69 Posted by Insertnewname (1610 posts) - - Show Bio

Is grey a sasuke clone.....

Help me out bmisters

Avatar image for consciouskeeper
#71 Posted by Consciouskeeper (2596 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

He wouldn't even see sanji moving. Sanji one shots

#72 Posted by FriesKetchup70 (22 posts) - - Show Bio

Sanji he has the advantage in speed and it's even worse when he has Observation Haki.

#74 Edited by Gilateen (5077 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shirso,@HitTheAssasin,@Kalebsmarty156,@Yray,@War_monger,@GilgameshThePimpToEndAllPimps,@WorldofRuin6,@Streak619,@SkySanji

#76 Edited by Kalebsmarty156 (4130 posts) - - Show Bio

Gray shatters him.

#78 Posted by Gilateen (5077 posts) - - Show Bio

@kalebsmarty156: Wow I thought you just said FT verse was above OP verse, you deleted it now huh?

#79 Posted by Eobard21 (6428 posts) - - Show Bio

Gray stomps

#80 Posted by Kalebsmarty156 (4130 posts) - - Show Bio

@gilateen: They are but it's clear I'm gonna start something.

More hax.

More DC.

#81 Edited by Chronicplane (9510 posts) - - Show Bio

Gray should stomp Sanji but FT lowballers would obviously say otherwise.

#83 Posted by Dadpool (614 posts) - - Show Bio

Gray freezes him.

#85 Edited by ALMIGHTY (3410 posts) - - Show Bio

Haven't seen Sanji fight at 100% yet so can’t say however Raid suit should stomp

#86 Edited by SkySanji (6289 posts) - - Show Bio

Sanji mid to high diff.

With raid suit Sanji bodies.

#87 Posted by JDogg (1376 posts) - - Show Bio

Gray rekts him.

#88 Posted by Jko1 (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

Sanji

#90 Posted by SkySanji (6289 posts) - - Show Bio

Oven a lightning timer moves in slow motion to Sanji.

Sanji bodies

#91 Posted by N7Elite (112 posts) - - Show Bio

Gray is more versatile than Sanji is, and imo is a better strategist who does his best to outsmart his foes.

His Ice Make magic means any fire Sanji uses will do nothing to Gray for he has experiencing fighting fire wielders, so a firmed amp kick etc will have some nice reaction to Gray. Will also say a lot of Fairy Tail characters in terms of the Manga really do get heavily damage and suffer from massive bloodloss either during their fights, or half way. So their will power is insane to boot which will help against Haki.

Though it is to note also that Gray likes to use the environment to his advantage, and has no problem using someone's weakness to win a battle. He can also amp his power by going Devil Slayer mode of his that has the black marks appear on his body. This in turn means all of his attacks will be enhanced which shall help.

Furthermore Gray in theory if we are to believe devil fruits of that of from the "sea devil" then Gray actually if we highball, and use the "you can't harm a devil fruit user etc without haki" then Gray would be a high exception for his magic power is meant to deal with Devil powers. Even the rumors are said to be of work of curses or sorcery so again highball if we say Gray's Devil Slaying magic shall work even better on Sanji since he has a devil fruit that can be highly reactive to the ice devil slaying properties. However do NOT take this seriously unless we all agree that the highball does have some merit to it.

#92 Posted by Streak619 (8358 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sorry, what large island - small country level feats did Sanji have again?

#93 Posted by chrisodinsky (5 posts) - - Show Bio
#94 Edited by Full123 (4533 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn this place has been filled with FT jerkers since the last time I was here. Back then, One Piece and Naruto jerkers were left and right.

No one stomps in this matchup. Sanji still remains faster, however has absolutely no cold resistance so could get flash freeze'd. If someone could provide Grey durability feats, I'd appreciate it, but from what I've seen, Grey doesn't have that great of a physical durability while Sanji Diable Jambe should be about ~town level, so he could one-shot. But I'd be happy to be proved otherwise.

#95 Posted by Streak619 (8358 posts) - - Show Bio

@full123: Gray was tanking strikes from END Natsu.

#96 Posted by Full123 (4533 posts) - - Show Bio

@streak619: I don't have a good frame of reference for that since I read Fairy Tail like 3 years ago, so I'd appreciate if you could provide some scans, or at least give me a rundown of END Natsu's striking powers.

#97 Posted by Full123 (4533 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not understanding how this implies that Gray has AZ powers. It literally says in the sidetext that Invel is the one with the Absolute Zero.

#98 Edited by Streak619 (8358 posts) - - Show Bio

@full123 said:

@streak619: I don't have a good frame of reference for that since I read Fairy Tail like 3 years ago, so I'd appreciate if you could provide some scans, or at least give me a rundown of END Natsu's striking powers.

END scales massively above Brandish;

No Caption Provided

Who has casual large island level feats;

No Caption Provided

#99 Edited by Full123 (4533 posts) - - Show Bio

@streak619: Well, Brandish's island level-feat is just hax. It doesn't mean she's that durable. Are there any durability feats for her? Also, he apparently attacked Brandish with his flame powers, which isn't really relevant to Sanji except on a basic level.

I'd also appreciate if you could post scans of what Gray actually tanked from END Natsu.

#100 Posted by Full123 (4533 posts) - - Show Bio

@streak619: I'd also hardly call that a "large" island. I'd say the island is about the size of where Captain Kidd's base was, and Kaido heavily damaged that just by falling, and didn't even get scratched himself. Raid Suit Sanji scales to Luffy who has hurt Kaido before, so it's not that impressive.