Avatar image for thefantomconvoy
#1 Posted by TheFantomConvoy (2134 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

With location:

No Caption Provided

Winner?

#2 Posted by nickzambuto (29288 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm actually watching through Samurai Jack right now, although I'm only on the first season, episode 9 or 10. Right now, and obviously this isn't fair to say yet since I have a few dozen episodes left where I know Jack improves, but right now I don't think he has the speed to keep up.

Although I will say that a Cartoon Network show has no right to be this badass, and as soon as I finish the rest of the series you can expect some mad Samurai Jack debating from me.

#3 Posted by TheFantomConvoy (2134 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm actually watching through Samurai Jack right now, although I'm only on the first season, episode 9 or 10. Right now, and obviously this isn't fair to say yet since I have a few dozen episodes left where I know Jack improves, but right now I don't think he has the speed to keep up.

Already finished re-watching it. :p

Although I will say that a Cartoon Network show has no right to be this badass, and as soon as I finish the rest of the series you can expect some mad Samurai Jack debating from me.

Lel

#4 Posted by TheFantomConvoy (2134 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#5 Posted by DarthAznable (16928 posts) - - Show Bio

Blade Wolf. He was the only semi difficult boss in that game ;)

#6 Posted by TheFantomConvoy (2134 posts) - - Show Bio

Blade Wolf. He was the only semi difficult boss in that game ;)

>Still lost to Jetstream Sam (a human)

#8 Posted by Heatblaze (10399 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd give it to jack.

#9 Posted by TheFantomConvoy (2134 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

I'd give it to jack.

Would that be since Jetstream Sam already defeated him 2 years prior to the main game?

#10 Posted by NeonGameWave (19333 posts) - - Show Bio

Jack.

#11 Posted by TheFantomConvoy (2134 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't count BW out just yet, because:

Loading Video...

#12 Posted by CitizenSentry (12121 posts) - - Show Bio

Loading Video...

Gameplay feats are non-canon.

Avatar image for synchronized_123
#13 Posted by synchronized_123 (2271 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizensentry: Except fight was canon and he canonically did not take damage.

#14 Posted by CitizenSentry (12121 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizensentry: Except fight was canon and he canonically did not take damage.

Gameplay Mechanics (user controlled) are non-canon, no matter which way you look at it.

Avatar image for synchronized_123
#15 Posted by synchronized_123 (2271 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizensentry: And fight was still canon no matter which way you look at it.

#16 Edited by CitizenSentry (12121 posts) - - Show Bio

@synchronized_123 said:

@citizensentry: And fight was still canon no matter which way you look at it.

Gameplay Mechanics (You know, the fight the video above showed) have never been canon.

Gameplay Mechanics (user controlled) are non-canon, no matter which way you look at it.

Avatar image for deactivated-o78sdg008
#17 Edited by deactivated-o78sdg008 (2433 posts) - - Show Bio

Samurai Jack. He casually blocks planet destroying blasts and outruns machine gun fire with ease. Not to mention his insane durability and stamina, or that sword which literally cuts through anything.Jack takes this without much difficulty.

#18 Edited by nickzambuto (29288 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizensentry: To disregard gameplay is to ignore the entire context of the medium of gaming. They are GAMES. And they use gameplay to tell their story. So whether you like it or not, posting that clip is simply showcasing Blade Wolf's abilities.

#19 Posted by TheFantomConvoy (2134 posts) - - Show Bio
@shirso said:

Samurai Jack. He casually blocks planet destroying blasts and outruns machine gun fire with ease. Not to mention his insane durability and stamina, or that sword which literally cuts through anything.Jack takes this without much difficulty.

I'd like that if it were true, but it isn't. :/

#20 Posted by TheFantomConvoy (2134 posts) - - Show Bio
@iamoptimusprime said:

Loading Video...

Gameplay feats are non-canon.

But the fight is, and it is in recorded MGR history that BW did indeed defeat Khamsin. That's my main point.

Cutscenes and QTEs also count (since they happen the same way).

GG no re

#21 Posted by Void-Viper (154 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by Dygoboy (4161 posts) - - Show Bio

Jak after an entertaining fight.

Avatar image for deactivated-o78sdg008
#23 Posted by deactivated-o78sdg008 (2433 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by Mee09 (5675 posts) - - Show Bio

@shirso: Lol Samurai Jack truly is the bugs bunny of Samurai.

#25 Posted by Shenron007 (2110 posts) - - Show Bio

A wolf with Blade now that somthing awesome.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
#26 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (17143 posts) - - Show Bio

That's my boy

#27 Posted by gamejutsu (1838 posts) - - Show Bio

@iamoptimusprimesaid:

Loading Video...

As much as I like Blade Wolf, Samurai Jack would have destroyed that thing, much, much quicker.

Are people forgetting who Samurai Jack even is? This is the guy who has a blade made by 3 gods. This is the guy who ends fights in 3 slashes or less. Raiden beat Blade Wolf, and Raiden loses to Jack. So how can BW win?

#28 Posted by Shenron007 (2110 posts) - - Show Bio

@shirso:

#23 Posted by shirso (103 posts) - 1 hour, 4 minutes ago - Show Bio

@iamoptimusprime: https://youtu.be/ZvZ2mofXWro

Check this out, at 15:24 approx.

Dang according that vid Sanurai Jack would stomp all of fiction compined, just shows how strong Aku is to face such an formidable eternal foe.

#29 Posted by SUNMAN (8588 posts) - - Show Bio

Samurai Jack he's fast more impressive threats overall. Blade wolf gives him a surprise like every other flavor of the week challenging villain, but once Jack figures him out and gets serious its game over.

Jack takes on all comers from cyborgs, robot armies, gods, demons etc. You need to bring more to the table to put down Jack

#30 Posted by TheFantomConvoy (2134 posts) - - Show Bio

@shirso:

#23 Posted by shirso (103 posts) - 1 hour, 4 minutes ago - Show Bio

@iamoptimusprime: https://youtu.be/ZvZ2mofXWro

Check this out, at 15:24 approx.

Dang according that vid Sanurai Jack would stomp all of fiction compined, just shows how strong Aku is to face such an formidable eternal foe.

Wouldn't count on it. :/

#31 Posted by TheFantomConvoy (2134 posts) - - Show Bio

@iamoptimusprimesaid:

Loading Video...

As much as I like Blade Wolf, Samurai Jack would have destroyed that thing, much, much quicker.

Are people forgetting who Samurai Jack even is? This is the guy who has a blade made by 3 gods. This is the guy who ends fights in 3 slashes or less. Raiden beat Blade Wolf, and Raiden loses to Jack. So how can BW win?

No Caption Provided

Sorry, but Jack really can't beat Raiden :/

#32 Posted by those_eyes (17291 posts) - - Show Bio

already a jack vs raiden thread where jack has a majority. he should stomp blade wolf.

#33 Edited by TheFantomConvoy (2134 posts) - - Show Bio

@gamejutsu:

Samurai Jack would have destroyed that thing, much, much quicker.

Wow, it recently dawned on me after such a long time that Blade Wolf even in the cutscene (and the QTE) was able to use his tail to parry a High-frequency Axe... that was rocket powered and came at the hands of a mecha that's larger than most conventional enemies in MGR. One of these was even an overhead jumping strike:

No Caption Provided

In the QTE, Wolf did it again, but this time was able to force Khamsin back:

No Caption Provided

Can Jack really parry that level of force from HF weaponry? I mean he's faced very strong people before (such as the Scotsman who can lift tanks and run with them), but how would he actually fend off Khamsin's heavy attacks like Wolf did?

#34 Edited by gamejutsu (1838 posts) - - Show Bio

@thefantomconvoy: oh shoot I think I underestimated Blade Wolf, that guy is a monster :o

It's kind of inconsistent, Blade Wolf doing... that, and then in another cutscene gets literally kicked to the curb, but either way, what's there, is actually happening. That contributes to BW's feats significantly, which is fine by me because I like Blade Wolf a lot.

#35 Posted by TheFantomConvoy (2134 posts) - - Show Bio

@thefantomconvoy: oh shoot I think I underestimated Blade Wolf, that guy is a monster :o

It's kind of inconsistent, Blade Wolf doing... that, and then in another cutscene gets literally kicked to the curb, but either way, what's there, is actually happening. That contributes to BW's feats significantly, which is fine by me because I like Blade Wolf a lot.

Probably because he got beaten by both Jetstream Sam and Raiden (2 years apart though).

But anyway, due to my post, what do you think his chances are against Jack now?

#36 Edited by gamejutsu (1838 posts) - - Show Bio

@thefantomconvoy I still think Jack is basically a demigod, and that the opponents Blade Wolf fought are only human, and only metal. So long as Jack has his matrix reflexes, and almost canine instinct (haha just ignore that xd) which rivals, if not surpasses Raiden, not to mention of Jack's sword, that he still takes the edge, tips the table you could say.

But even the enemies that Jack fights can seriously injure him or just completely put him down, and they don't exactly need special weapons, or even weapons at all to do it. So it's still possible for Blade Wolf to do the same, just that I can't really see it happening. Me being aware of those additional feats definitely makes the gap smaller between the two though.

So those are my thoughts, but on a related note, I think that season 5 Jack without his trinity sword (bc it was forged by 3 gods get it hahaha) could be a very interesting matchup, one I think a lot of others will be more open to debate (also you gotta update this thread, so why not do it with the newest Samurai Jack, this is like 2 years old lol). I think Blade Wolf could fight on par with him at the very least, and the sky opens up from there.

#37 Posted by TheFantomConvoy (2134 posts) - - Show Bio

@thefantomconvoy I still think Jack is basically a demigod, and that the opponents Blade Wolf fought are only human, and only metal. So long as Jack has his matrix reflexes, and almost canine instinct (haha just ignore that xd) which rivals, if not surpasses Raiden, not to mention of Jack's sword, that he still takes the edge, tips the table you could say.

But even the enemies that Jack fights can seriously injure him or just completely put him down, and they don't exactly need special weapons, or even weapons at all to do it. So it's still possible for Blade Wolf to do the same, just that I can't really see it happening. Me being aware of those additional feats definitely makes the gap smaller between the two though.

So those are my thoughts, but on a related note, I think that season 5 Jack without his trinity sword (bc it was forged by 3 gods get it hahaha) could be a very interesting matchup, one I think a lot of others will be more open to debate (also you gotta update this thread, so why not do it with the newest Samurai Jack, this is like 2 years old lol). I think Blade Wolf could fight on par with him at the very least, and the sky opens up from there.

I suppose you're right about the metal though the harder metals are those enhanced via high-frequency or those made to survive nuclear blasts (but even the Stone Giant Robo-Samurai could survive nuclear blasts).

You're right, they tend to put a lot of scratches on him most of the time. Blade Wolf could also use heat knives but then I doubt those would work since Jack has dodged similar projectiles before.

Blade Wolf also has stealth camo, though he only used it on Jetstream Sam who was able to counter it anyways:

No Caption Provided

Without the sword? Sorry, but Jack has no other weapon that's able to stand up against High-Frequency weaponry which is not only absurdly strong but has insane cutting power to boot. He'd lose the battle on that factor alone. Also yes, I get the joke :p

Na, I find it better to just make a new thread but I won't do that as I see normal Jack prior to 50 years as being enough of a match.