Saitama vs Naruto

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for purpledeadragon
PurpleDeaDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@purpledeadragon:

I wasn't questioning the guide's canonicity inasmuch as the validity behind certain statements.

The manga serves as a rewrite of the original webcomic while the anime is merely an adaptation of the manga. Nothing confirms it's the new canon as of now.

No, I mean, the guide is official, and even though I am not entirely sure Murata and ONE made it themselves yet, I know some of the information there came from them as it revels some new stuff. But I am asking if you think the guide was only meant to be valid for the anime, because I think it is hard to believe ONE or Murata would just specify that that information is only valid for the anime version of the characters, instead of just answer questions about the characters themselves.

And, as I said, I know now the translation was wrong, it only means planet, but resuming our conversation from the other day, we agreed there are two versions of the story, and both are canon, so, if the ONE and Murata gave new information and explanation in that guide, does that mean that would make the anime a third canon? as it comes directly from the author itself and if not, then the information given there must be canon to the manga?

I am not sure, it got confused when the author itself is giving information and explanations for the animated version of his work, we usually know the anime is just an adaptation of a manga so the canon is clear there, but here we have the author itself being involved in a guide that maybe it is only meant for the anime or maybe it is meant to the characters in general...

...in any case, the important part is to see if it was not only made with the help of ONE but to know if ONE himself wrote those descriptions.

Cosmic_Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#602  Edited By Cosmic_Lantern

@purpledeadragon: If you are indeed Purple, than welcome back.

EDIT: Still Naruto, handily, if not unquestionably.

Himitsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saitama is physically stronger than Naruto, but a bloodlusted Naruto could use hax, speed,

etc. to win.

darkforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saitama stomps because he is star level.

No Caption Provided

Here is a feat from the One Punch Man intro to proof that saitama is a Confirmed Star Buster

Ungas123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#605  Edited By Ungas123

No Caption Provided

Here is a feat from the One Punch Man intro to proof that saitama is a Confirmed Star Buster

Top Kek

azrael1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#606  Edited By azrael1973

@purpledeadragon said:
@gaoron said:

@purpledeadragon:

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11129/111297573/5844399-star.png

Holy s*it!!1 if it is a canon guidebook then yeah, he would obliterate Naruto. I mean, I knew he would be above planet level, but I was not expecting him to be that strong.

Loading Video...

Yeah, this is now spite. @thedarkpaladin ... I guess Saitama is now around Buu saga level or more, Boros is around perfect Cell level. And Garou is at the minimum Final Form Frieza as it was said he would be able to give Boros a good fight.

Ignore that, apparently they translated the word Hoshi as star and it was meant to mean planet. so Boros is only planet level at best.

They got a official professional translator. If there were any problems with the translation the guy could have contacted the author himself. There is even a interview with the author in the booklet with information that was never published before. But I am sure you are better at japanese then the guy they paid for and does that for a living, so we will all ignore that and listen to YOU, some biased guy at comicvine. Well I am biased too but at least I acknowledge a professional translation.

When I was referring to the manga databook a lot of people questioned the inofficial translation that stated that Boros was a planet buster and said that they are waiting for a official translation from VIZ and now we have a official statement in the special edition of the anime by VIZ and some people still doubt it. So what's the excuse this time? Ah you guys know what Hoshi means and the professional guy doesn't. Great, I am sure the guys at VIZ Media have no idea what they are doing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viz_Media

VIZ Media LLC is a Japanese-American manga, anime, and entertainment company headquartered in San Francisco, California. It was founded in 1986 as VIZ LLC.

Still thinking you are better at translating then them? Hard choice, should I ignore them or you?

Chaos239

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saitama stomps, he has Star+ Level punches

ZenOh123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saitama is star level with recent data-book update

PurpleDeaDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#610  Edited By PurpleDeaDragon

@azrael1973: Hey man, I am not the one who translated it, but once I shared that video about the databook, many people in the vine started to say it was a mistranslation, so, If you want to debate about it, don't do it with me. I will add you to the PM where it is being discussed.

azrael1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#611  Edited By azrael1973

@purpledeadragon said:

@azrael1973: Hey man, I am not the one who translated it, but once I shared that video about the databook, many people in the vine started to say it was a mistranslation, so, If you want to debate about it, don't do it with me. I will add you to the PM where it is being discussed.

Ok sorry I misunderstood. But it's not a mistranslation, VIZ is publishing so many titles including Dragon Ball, Naruto, Bleach and they have been doing that for 20 years. They know that the people are wondering about the real extent of Saitamas power and even if the translation is sometimes not 100% correct or censored, it's the official english translation and is approved by the author.

Someone who buys the limited edition Blu ray for 50 $ is supporting ONE and Murata, the anime studio, the publisher, the voice actors and the professional translators and can expect the information in the booklet to be correct. People who read the manga online for free are not supporting the artists at all.

PurpleDeaDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azrael1973: well, then argue that in the PM where everyone is interested.

Godren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They got a official professional translator. If there were any problems with the translation the guy could have contacted the author himself. There is even a interview with the author in the booklet with information that was never published before. But I am sure you are better at japanese then the guy they paid for and does that for a living, so we will all ignore that and listen to YOU, some biased guy at comicvine. Well I am biased too but at least I acknowledge a professional translation.

When I was referring to the manga databook a lot of people questioned the inofficial translation that stated that Boros was a planet buster and said that they are waiting for a official translation from VIZ and now we have a official statement in the special edition of the anime by VIZ and some people still doubt it. So what's the excuse this time? Ah you guys know what Hoshi means and the professional guy doesn't. Great, I am sure the guys at VIZ Media have no idea what they are doing.

VIZ Media LLC is a Japanese-American manga, anime, and entertainment company headquartered in San Francisco, California. It was founded in 1986 as VIZ LLC.

Still thinking you are better at translating then them? Hard choice, should I ignore them or you?

This.

Avatar image for gentlemantophat
GentlemanTopHat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even professional translators can make mistakes from time to time.

azrael1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#616  Edited By azrael1973

@gentlemantophat said:

Even professional translators can make mistakes from time to time.

Sure they can but the chances are slim.

The translation was this.

When Boros first form was described:

Boros himself boasts abnormally superior attributes even for his species along with latent energy so powerful that he can blast away entire planets.

Later when is fight with Saitama is retold it says:

To counter Boros 'Collapsing Star, roaring cannon' which is formidable enough to obliterate a star, Saitama resorts to his 'Serious Punch'

There must be a reason why it was translated as planets first and star at the second time because it was on the same page of the booklet and not the other way around or both times as star or planet. But we don't understand the context but i think it would be a piece of cake for a professional manga translator . Only someone who is good at japanese himself can prove that the translator messed up.

User NWgzsjUwhM96Y2 was nice enough to provide a scan of the japanese original.

No Caption Provided

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Saitama

EzraArcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azrael1973:

Maybe the guide meant Boros (base) can destroy planets and Boros (Final Form) can destroy stars? Its confusing but it is what it is

azrael1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#619  Edited By azrael1973

@god_vulcan said:

Saitama

Congratulations to your CaV victory. I didn't T4V because the outcome was so obvious. :)

azrael1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#620  Edited By azrael1973

@ezraarcher said:

@azrael1973:

Maybe the guide meant Boros (base) can destroy planets and Boros (Final Form) can destroy stars? Its confusing but it is what it is

That would make sense, but sooner or later we will have someone capable of reading japanese providing more insight.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Zuriel-el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this is stupid.

do statements mean jack? by that i coukd say madara's susano is universal.

would that make sense?

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naruto still wins handily.

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saitama still wins.

azrael1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this is stupid.

would that make sense?

Why? It's not a statement by a character. It's word of god from a databook included with the limited edition blu ray.

But Naruto databooks are worthless as well, as Kishimoto doesn't care about their value like when he states that temari can blow away the universe but that doesn't make other verses databooks useless.

Zuriel-el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#626  Edited By Zuriel-el

@azrael1973:

just like borus bursting planets and stars.

bull!

azrael1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#627  Edited By azrael1973

@zuriel-el said:

@azrael1973:

just like borus bursting planets and stars.

bull!

And that's all you have for a argument? Bull? Well if the databook said that Boros is busting the universe that would indeed be stupid.

But it only says that he can destroy planets and stars and it's also the first time he has explicitly been called champion of the universe, he didn't have this title in the manga yet, if i recall correctly. A champion of the universe could be able to destroy stars and planets at least it wouldn't be unimaginable. But that's your only argument? Just because Naruto databooks suck, all other databooks suck too? That's like saying all the newspapers print lies , because some of them do.

And also this databook is special, because it's connected to the Blu ray and not a product on its own, VIZ could have just added it to the blu ray as digital bonus content but I think it's nice that it is actual booklet.

Zuriel-el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azrael1973:

he did not burst anything of note. plane and simple. his best attack split clouda and several different translations exist for what he said before firing. plus statement is not a feat, toneri claimed he would destroy the earth using the mass a chakra in his hand and never got to use it, should i call him a planet burster too.

plus being champion of something doesnt put you at any power level its just a title.

azrael1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#629  Edited By azrael1973

@zuriel-el said:

@azrael1973:

he did not burst anything of note. plane and simple. his best attack split clouda and several different translations exist for what he said before firing. plus statement is not a feat, toneri claimed he would destroy the earth using the mass a chakra in his hand and never got to use it, should i call him a planet burster too.

plus being champion of something doesnt put you at any power level its just a title.

Call him whatever you want. It's a statement in a official VIZ product, if you don't want to count it as a information, that's alright, but most people here acknowledge that as word of god. Information directly from the authors. In this case from the anime studio. If you want to restrict yourself on information that's fine, most people here don't, after all even DC and Marvel have databooks and character guides. Especially because in this case the databook is bundled with the anime.

No Caption Provided

Do you think anyone spends money on that if the information is noncanon?

But who do want to debate with if you have less information then everyone else? You can only debate with other people who don't acknowledge information from databooks and i mean any databooks not just One Punch man. Otherwise you would be a hypocrite.

I did only mention the champion thing because it's different from the manga and see it as a another prove that anime canon is not the same as the manga canon and the anime studio wanted to beef up Boros. I actually I don't think that ONE is happy of that as it makes good storytelling more difficult. If I was him I would try to keep Saitamas power level as low as possible, because it would be much easier to create interesting storylines.

Zuriel-el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azrael1973:

okay here goes..

***Call him whatever you want. It's a statement in a official VIZ product, if you don't want to count it as a information, that's alright, but most people here acknowledge that as word of god. Information directly from the authors. In this case from the anime studio. If you want to restrict yourself on information that's fine, most people here don't, after all even DC and Marvel have databooks and character guides. Especially because in this case the databook is bundled with the anime.

okay madara is universal then. and toneri > that version of madara. word of god, since databook statements>feats (to you).

unlike our two fav manga here dc and marvel have feats that back their claims.

***Do you think anyone spends money on that if the information is noncanon?

no, i know they do, just ask the guys that posted scans of narutos death online. fake! but ppl went after it anyway.

***But who do want to debate with if you have less information then everyone else? You can only debate with other people who don't acknowledge information from databooks and i mean any databooks not just One Punch man. Otherwise you would be a hypocrite.

i dont have less info, im sayimg since databooks (both) contain crap, i've wisely elected to ignore them. or i'd have to say toneri is... (i aint typing that,look at my first reply you'll get it.)

***I did only mention the champion thing because it's different from the manga and see it as a another prove that anime canon is not the same as the manga canon and the anime studio wanted to beef up Boros. I actually I don't think that ONE is happy of that as it makes good storytelling more difficult. If I was him I would try to keep Saitamas power level as low as possible, because it would be much easier to create interesting storylines.

now i kinda feel bad you're not writing onepunch man. but glad you feel that way.

BUT IF WE'RE GOING TO CONTINUE THIS I'M GOING BY FEATS NOT RIDICULOUS STATEMENTS BY AUTHORS WHO DONT KNOW, STATEMENTS ARE VALID IF THEY'RE TRUE (BACKED BY FEATS).

on that note... ADIEU

:)

azrael1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#631  Edited By azrael1973

@zuriel-el said:

@azrael1973:

okay madara is universal then. and toneri > that version of madara. word of god, since databook statements>feats (to you).

unlike our two fav manga here dc and marvel have feats that back their claims.

no, i know they do, just ask the guys that posted scans of narutos death online. fake! but ppl went after it anyway.

i dont have less info, im sayimg since databooks (both) contain crap, i've wisely elected to ignore them. or i'd have to say toneri is... (i aint typing that,look at my first reply you'll get it.)

now i kinda feel bad you're not writing onepunch man. but glad you feel that way.

BUT IF WE'RE GOING TO CONTINUE THIS I'M GOING BY FEATS NOT RIDICULOUS STATEMENTS BY AUTHORS WHO DONT KNOW, STATEMENTS ARE VALID IF THEY'RE TRUE (BACKED BY FEATS).

on that note... ADIEU

:)

Do you know how ridiculous you are? Naruto databook contain crap, so ALL databooks contain crap. What kind of logic is that?

Character guides and databooks are not supposed to inaccurate because people pay money for it. If Kishimoto wants to troll his readers, that's his problem and if he managed to discredit all databooks to his loyal fans, that's a shame. Because even his databooks are still word of god. If he wanted to he could let Toneri bust the universe as it is HIS universe, noone else.

But whatever, ADIEU AND YOU WILL NOT BE MISSED, i prefer to dicuss with people who value information and share it with others then guys who restrict themselves on purpose. Well that's what the internet is good for.

Right now we have two things opposing anime Boros being a starbuster.

1) It's inconsistent to the manga/webtoon. I agree uppon this but the databook is part of Blu ray and does only affect the OPM

anime, which has it's own canon and 6x12 minutes of OVA material

2) ALL DATABOOKS contain crap and are invalid :)

Fortunatly we have only one guy who believes in 2)

Zuriel-el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azrael1973:

the first line from ur reply hurt... only alot, i almost cried, almost...

okay...

if you actually read my reply,i call any data book that says a character or feat is 100 when the actual feat is zero. like saying someones attack can destroy a star when the attacks greatest feat is being deflected by the shockwave of a punch.

or saying something is hotter than the sun and it coukdnt kill fodder (a samurai and karin survived it).

okay...

the toneri destroying the universe thing... why did you specifically say; HIS universe, can i also claim opm is a mountain buster in HIS universe. see how bad that looks?

Okay toneri is universal+ (since to you author's statement contradicting manga feats is wors of god).

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#633  Edited By HeroUp2112

Saitama makes me laugh so hard it hurts. He beats TOAA as far as I'm concerned. :)

azrael1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#634  Edited By azrael1973

@zuriel-el said:

@azrael1973:

the first line from ur reply hurt... only alot, i almost cried, almost...

okay...

if you actually read my reply,i call any data book that says a character or feat is 100 when the actual feat is zero. like saying someones attack can destroy a star when the attacks greatest feat is being deflected by the shockwave of a punch.

or saying something is hotter than the sun and it coukdnt kill fodder (a samurai and karin survived it).

okay...

the toneri destroying the universe thing... why did you specifically say; HIS universe, can i also claim opm is a mountain buster in HIS universe. see how bad that looks?

Okay toneri is universal+ (since to you author's statement contradicting manga feats is wors of god).

But in this case the word of god isn't contadicting anything. Boros releases the Collapsing star , roaring canon and says that he is going to destroy earth and the character guide included with the blu ray says that it can obliterate a star. Nothing is contradicted.

If Kishimoto lets people survive by being burned with a attack that is hotter then the suy, that's his fault, but maybe the naruto sun is just not that hot but the distance between the planet and the star isn't that far or it is a magic or artificial sun. Who knows he is the god of his own universe.

If he states that Temari can blow away the universe and never shows her doing anything compareable, he is free to do that. Maybe temari does have some hidden power only he knows of, but he is never going to show anyone. it's not like she is that important anyway as she is just a side character. He could also easily just draw a panel showing temari blowing away the universe and some god reverting everything back to make it canon.

Anyway, if I accept some 'word of god' I have to accept others as well. For me it's like something the Uatu the watcher says when he is breaking the 4th wall.

Zuriel-el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azrael1973:

toneri claimed he would destroy the earth with naruto's chakra too, before hamura's statue hit him, does that make him planet level?

azrael1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azrael1973:

toneri claimed he would destroy the earth with naruto's chakra too, before hamura's statue hit him, does that make him planet level?

No that's a claim, because it's not word of god. Just like when Boros said that he would destroy earth. That was a claim from a character too, he might have been boasting.

Zuriel-el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azrael1973:

he wasnt boasting. he was going to lauch it at the earth. and i could say the same about boros, or simply power scale toneri as being equal to so6p madara (above universal by ''word of god'', since edo madara who is weaker is universal.)

azrael1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#638  Edited By azrael1973

@zuriel-el said:

@azrael1973:

he wasnt boasting. he was going to lauch it at the earth. and i could say the same about boros, or simply power scale toneri as being equal to so6p madara (above universal by ''word of god'', since edo madara who is weaker is universal.)

I just said that Boros might have been boasting and you say the same thing as me.Anything said by a character could be a lie or boasting.

Regarding the scaling i don't know too much about Narutoverse to say the truth, but i would like to see the scan that madara is universal.

Zuriel-el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azrael1973:

http://m.mangatown.com/manga/naruto/v60/c589/5.html

closest i could find.

azrael1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#640  Edited By azrael1973

@zuriel-el said:

@azrael1973:

http://m.mangatown.com/manga/naruto/v60/c589/5.html

closest i could find.

Well that is not word of god either, that is a character talking.

That is word of god. But actually it doesn't really say that she is a universe buster.

It describes her as a being a fierce tornado that blows the entire universe away, not that she can create a tornado that blows away the universe.

No Caption Provided

Just as Gaara is being described as a rising sandstorm in the young wind. So its more a title then a actual description of their abilities. That's not Kishimotos fault.

No Caption Provided

Iju

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#641  Edited By Iju

SAITAMA SLAUGHTERS

Zuriel-el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azrael1973:

and who wrote what the character said?

plu madara is stronger than a hundred temaris so...

azrael1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#643  Edited By azrael1973

@zuriel-el said:

@azrael1973:

and who wrote what the character said?

plu madara is stronger than a hundred temaris so...

The author wrote it but if he let the character say it, it's something totally different because he has to put himself into the characters perspective. Usually the character has limited knowledge and a motivation to say something.

In Marvel someone as the watchers who are nearly omniscient und unbiased are usually used for delivering words of god.

Madara being stronger then a hundred temaris is wrong. If the word of god that Temari has some hidden power and is a universe Buster is true, then Temari is stronger then millions of Madaras. Madara need his own word of god to be considered as a universe buster.

But most likely Temari is not a universe buster as that is not a description of her abilities but some title the author used for her character description as she is not really a tornado and Gaara not a young wind. Every character chaptergets a title in the Naruto databook.

https://naruversity.wordpress.com/second-databook-character-files/

Zuriel-el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azrael1973:

so if i created a madara vs temari thread... you'd post that thing i just read.

azrael1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#645  Edited By azrael1973

@zuriel-el said:

@azrael1973:

so if i created a madara vs temari thread... you'd post that thing i just read.

No, i won't because I don't actually believe that Temari is a universe buster. Just as I said before, personally I think it's just a title used for her chapter in the databook.

But if someone else claimed that she is a universe buster because of authors statement , i wouldn't argue against it. Because first she is not that important as a character anyway and second because there is actually a authors statement that she is a fierce tornado that can blow away the entire universe. But I think the author means that she has a important impact on the Naruto universe and not that she can blow it away physically.

Zuriel-el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#646  Edited By Zuriel-el

@azrael1973:

you wont argue against it... okay, naruto>>>>>>>>>&>>>>>&>>>>>>>>temari (universe burater by author statement). so he wins this.

pls dont argue...

azrael1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azrael1973:

you wont argue against it... okay, naruto>>>>>>>>>&>>>>>&>>>>>>>>temari (universe burater by author statement). so he wins this.

pls dont argue...

You still don't get it , don't you? Naruto <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Temari by authors statement, if true. I said, if someone claims that Temari is a universe buster, i said , well if you think that is what the author wanted to say with that she is a 'sandstorm that can blow away the entire universe, so be it. But in that case she is >>>>>>> everyone else in the Narutoverse.

That's not that hard to understand.

Zuriel-el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azrael1973:

madara defeated temari along with the allied forces, and edo madara already tanked her attack. and naruto claimed that his rasenshurijen is better than her jutsu.

dude naruto blitzed the hell out of madara, and kaguya (who narusuke defeated) is above madara.

so naruto>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>temari (he beat the guy that tp'd her.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this is stupid.

would that make sense?

Madara said his susanoo could destroy all things in the universe, not that it could destroy the entire universe. Those are two different things. Also it is important to look at context. Though I don't think Boros is star level I think he is around planetary, which puts Saitama at planet+ which I think is fare.

azrael1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#650  Edited By azrael1973

@zuriel-el said:

@azrael1973:

madara defeated temari along with the allied forces, and edo madara already tanked her attack. and naruto claimed that his rasenshurijen is better than her jutsu.

dude naruto blitzed the hell out of madara, and kaguya (who narusuke defeated) is above madara.

so naruto>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>temari (he beat the guy that tp'd her.

Obviously Temari didn't show herself being a tornado that can blow away the entire universe as stated in the databook written by kishimoto for whatever reason. Otherwise she would have easily blown away madara and Kaguya or my theory is right and that's just the title Kishimoto used for her character description as she is not a real tornado and can only summn them. Think whatever you want but the statement for temari has no effect on Madara or any character at all.