Current Meliodas manga vs current Saitama

Win by death

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hmmmmmmm with speed equalized i would be interested to see how Saitama would take a full counter. Mel may win under these conditions.

Super_Mod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmmmmmm with speed equalized i would be interested to see how Saitama would take a full counter. Mel may win under these conditions.

Mel is on Saitama's level now? When did this happen??

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes said:

Well considering if Saitama went for a punch Mel would use full counter. Im not sure how Saitama can handle the force of his own punch hitting him. Although if Saitama lands a hit i imagine it would vaporize Mel body into little bits. So i think it could go either way depending on who lands the first blow.

Super_Mod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@super_mod said:
@those_eyes said:

Well considering if Saitama went for a punch Mel would use full counter. Im not sure how Saitama can handle the force of his own punch hitting him. Although if Saitama lands a hit i imagine it would vaporize Mel body into little bits. So i think it could go either way depending on who lands the first blow.

It's tough to call. Saitama never gets hurt so we really don't even know if it's possible for him to even be harmed until he takes damage.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes said:
@super_mod said:
@those_eyes said:

It's tough to call. Saitama never gets hurt so we really don't even know if it's possible for him to even be harmed until he takes damage.

Eventually there has to be someone who poses a threat to Saitama. Im suprised that manga is so popular since the main character is practically invincible and there is nothing much at stake since Saitama will always win without effort.

Super_Mod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@super_mod said:
@those_eyes said:
@super_mod said:
@those_eyes said:

Eventually there has to be someone who poses a threat to Saitama. Im suprised that manga is so popular since the main character is practically invincible and there is nothing much at stake since Saitama will always win without effort.

I think it's cause it's OPM is a funny, satirical take on the world of superheroes...heroes who live ordinary lives like ordinary people. Plus I think that readers are hanging on in suspense waiting for the upper limits of Saitama's power to be explored.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OPM should lose with speed equalized.

Undead_Ban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saitama still win even with speed equalized. He too durable compared with Meliodas

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In theory, Full Counter only works on powers and not physicals (said during his fight w/ ban IIRC), so it may or may not work. Overall, saitama is a clearly stronger character, but it'd be interesting. I'd side with saitama.

that1human

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By that1human

@super_mod: Note on Full Counter used by Mel : "and only "power" attacks can be reflected; the ability is useless against indirect attacks, or an ordinary punch.[3] Full Counter can only be used one at a time, as it cannot reflect next attacks." Source is from Mel himself. I guess that settles it

Avatar image for avatar_of_green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@super_mod: Note on Full Counter used by Mel : "and only "power" attacks can be reflected; the ability is useless against indirect attacks, or an ordinary punch.[3] Full Counter can only be used one at a time, as it cannot reflect next attacks." Source is from Mel himself. I guess that settles it

I'm not so sure it wouldn't work on Saitama's punch. Much of the force comes from the kinetic energy generated by the speed and power of the motion of his fist, not from the actual fist strike itself. I wouldn't call Saitama's punch "ordinary".

No Caption Provided

That being said, I believe that Saitama is perfectly capable of being fast enough to hit Mel before he could use Full Counter, or that he could get behind Mel very quickly, or possibly be fast enough to avoid the blowback itself.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5

1) Genos is the cyborg here. He is incredibly fast himself. He shoots a powerful energy blast at Saitama and you can see Saitama dodge it, jump off a piece of debris left by the blast, and jump so fast that he is just a blur. He is watching the blast the whole time like it is moving in slo-mo, until Genos blitzes.

2) Genos' punches clearly are destroying the landscape as he is punching Saitama many, many times while flying laterally along the cliffside... except he isn't punching Saitama, but his afterimages.

3) Here, Genos realizes he isn't even striking Saitama because Saitama is so fast.

4) Genos lets go of his best attack, Incinerate, and thinks he got Saitama. Until Saitama taps him on the shoulder from behind. Genos literally can't even follow his movements.

5) Genos tells him to fight seriously, so Saitama instantly gets within killing distance before Genos or the reader can even see it happen.

Now this is one of very many instances of Saitama showing his ridiculous speed. I am fairly sure it would be impossible for Mel to keep up with him unless Mel went full-on Demon mode. Even then... I don't know. He still got smacked around by Hendrickson, for example. I need to get the manga. I admittedly am judging based upon the first season of the 7 Deadly Sins anime.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Full Counter only works with magic based attacks. Saitama breaks him to pieces. Meliodas would be quite faster IIRC without speed equalized hmmm ah well.

BlueBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jucaslucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluebaby: Saitama is only near relativistic in terms of travel speed. Meliodas I believe dodged lightning IIRC and was outpacing hypersonic characters easily.

BlueBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eisenfauste: Saitama jumped from moon to earth almost instantly. He came back to earth when you can see in the manga that the debris was still in the air from Boros' kick.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Eisenfauste

@bluebaby: As I recall Boros had several pages to think about what just happened before Saitama hits. Regardless that feat won't really matter in a fight.

BlueBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eisenfauste: It only took 1 page and like I said you can see the debris when Boros kicked him was still in the air when he came back so his jump was almost instant. It's safe to assume that running and moving in the ground is faster than jumping so his combat speed must be higher than that feat.

Iju

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By Iju

melody loses simply because of that horrible picture choice.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluebaby: Travel speed =/= combat speed. Thor has shown FTL travel speed and yet in terms of combat he's quite slow. Again surfer has show MFTL travel speed but at best he has microsecond reaction speed or slower in terms of combat reactions. There is nothing to show that Saitama is FTL when he fights at all.

BlueBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eisenfauste: But Thor and Surfer doesn't use brute strength when traveling right? Saitama uses purely leg strength for jumping and it's common sense that running is faster than jumping.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluebaby: Except that took all his power to do. The best he can hope to do with that is bullrush someone, but we haven't seen him do something like that so it's irrelevant. Combat speed isn't running around it is centered around how fast they can evade and throw punches. From his feats he's hypersonic in combat and that's about it. He has potential to be FTL depending on how they decide to write him.

LimitlessEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

newcomer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saitama wins

Avatar image for avatar_of_green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Avatar_of_Green

@eisenfauste said:

@bluebaby: Travel speed =/= combat speed. Thor has shown FTL travel speed and yet in terms of combat he's quite slow. Again surfer has show MFTL travel speed but at best he has microsecond reaction speed or slower in terms of combat reactions. There is nothing to show that Saitama is FTL when he fights at all.

Why does he need to be FTL? Does anyone here have any slight idea how fast that would have to be? You could travel around Earth 8 times in 1 second at that speed. Literally almost no one in comics ever has fought at that speed, even if they're fighting on the microsecond range. Here is something I found from user LordXcano from vsbattles forums:

No Caption Provided

Alrighty woo, this should be fun. First calc posted here.

Alright so in this pic Garou is 298 pixels tall. Garou is 177 cm tall. 177/298 = 0.593 centimeters for each pixel.

Now the real issue here is figuring out the distance between Lightspeed Flash and Garou. Unfortunately, Flash's entire body is not visible in the scan. However, his thigh length is 129 pixels, great. So now we just add 129 to his 459 pixel long body (measured from head to thigh) and we have a 588 pixel tall Lightspeed Flash. (the extra 129 was gotten from doubling the thigh length to get the rest of the leg)

So Lightspeed Flash, being 172 cm tall, has 0.292 cm per pixel. Now I gotta use these figures to get the distance. Since it's a 0.292 ratio for Flash and a 0.593 ratio for Garou, we get a ratio difference of 0.301 cm per pixel. The distance between Garou and Lightspeed Flash (using his Flash's knee as a lowball) is 218 by 120 pixels. Using the pythagorean theorem we get a pixel distance of 248.845 between the two combatants.

298/459=0.649 (ratio between Garou's height as it literally appears and Flash's)

248.845/0.649=398.836671803/100=3.98 meters distance, seems right when looking at the pic

3.98 meters over 1 microsecond aaaand we get 8.903*10^6mph or 0.01328c

Lightspeed Flash later shows an even faster move though, so it's likely much higher.

No Caption Provided

Now for the good parts, his combat speed. His arm is 287 px long, but since a punch generally only needs to travel the length of your forearm, I'll divide that by two.

287/2=143.5 px

143.5*0.301=43 cm long forearm (the average length of a full arm is 65 cm so this makes sense)

Now he hits Garou what appears to be 16 times. 16*43=688/100=6.88 meters

6.88 meters/1 microsecond=1.539*10^7 mph, or 0.02295c.

Sub-Relativistic Garou and Lightspeed Flash yay.

So, even fighting on the microsecond range, throwing 16 strikes in less than 1 microsecond, you are not on the same level as Garou and only fighting at about 2.3% of the speed of light.

No Caption Provided

Then Saitama is on a whole 'nother level. I don't think he is lightspeed but he has combat speed greater than 2.29% of the speed of light considering he outpaces Garou and can hit him easily, and can dodge Lightspeed Flash easily too.

No Caption Provided

BlueBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BlueBaby

@avatar_of_green: That Lightspeed Flash speed calc is wrong. The guy should have used 10 milliseconds because that's what it shows in the timer. Lightspeed Flash is only around Mach 1 in that scene.

Karit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Karit

Speed is equalized here, people!

Derpy_Dean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: Meliodas can only use Full Counter on magic

StormShadow_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 23

Full Counter is the only chance Meliodas has. I'm also not even sure if Saitama's weaker punches could be full countered and not count as normal punches

Avatar image for arubamuthesmart
ArubamuTheSmart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes said:
@super_mod said:
@those_eyes said:

Shut up.

Saitama doesn't have that much durability. Boros hurt him.

PhantomRant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meliodas is no match for him.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Sy8000

Mismatch, Saitama one-shots.

teenman12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saitama

Hollow_Point

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arubamuthesmart: to be fair, boros "hurt" him. Saitama essentially tanked it, and shrugged off his meteoric burst attacks, then, literally one shotted him when he got serious (through boros' finishing blast no less)

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7e1b5f631f5
deactivated-5c7e1b5f631f5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saitama wins, this is a mismatch

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saitama lives up to his name.

Gotoucanario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Gotoucanario

Boros NEVER hurt Saitama at any point, he's got dirt on him, no actual hurting scratches, no blood, no bruises, not the tiniest "ouch" came from Saitama's mouth or panting or anything such lol. He could've easily dodged or blocked his meteoric burst attack if he felt he needed to.

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saitama.

Avatar image for alucardvanwayne1800
alucardvanwayne1800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh honestly opm is boring even the webcomic which is way further he is ftl and busting planets but still one shots everyone and its soooooooooooooo boring

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NewWorldOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Saitama stomps.

rickyrck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By TheWatcherKing

after the fight

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for arubamuthesmart
ArubamuTheSmart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Boros NEVER hurt Saitama at any point, he's got dirt on him, no actual hurting scratches, no blood, no bruises, not the tiniest "ouch" came from Saitama's mouth or panting or anything such lol. He could've easily dodged or blocked his meteoric burst attack if he felt he needed to.

No Caption Provided

Apparently to hurt someone they have to say ouch or bleed. I get hurt by punches at school, I didn't say ouch. I guess I wasn't affected. Not only that but the Author Implied he got hurt. And yeah, he wrote that HIMSELF!. But yeah Keep blabbering. Onto the next one SHALL WE!

@arubamuthesmart: to be fair, boros "hurt" him. Saitama essentially tanked it, and shrugged off his meteoric burst attacks, then, literally one shotted him when he got serious (through boros' finishing blast no less)

He might have tanked it, but he still took damage, which means his Durability has a limit. If Boros was 100 times stronger on some Ssj2 stuff, saitama would lose.

Kamik28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Kamik28

@arubamuthesmart: That's an unofficial and illegal fan translation. The official has no text.

IceDemonKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saitama. What I would like to see is Estarossa vs Saitama. Esta's full counter would make for an interesting fight against Saitama.

At least as long as Saitama doesn't blitz him.

SirFizzWhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@kamik28 said:

@arubamuthesmart: That's an unofficial and illegal fan translation. The official has no text.

Can you post the original that says nothing?

Gotoucanario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Gotoucanario

@arubamuthesmart:

lol you are trolling right? First that didn't even make it into the final volume, it's a translator's comment, many manga sites don't even have that panel by the way. Second:

What happens after he "takes damage".

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

"Inb4 It's obvious Boros is going to win because he said so"

If Boros managed to even do the world's smallest scratch to him he would be excited not bored and annoyed with him. Do you realize that attack where "he took damage"(lol) was just a regular attack from a Boros that hadn't even amped himself yet? Later on he amps again and punts him to the moon and Saitama remains literally unfazed.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

So kicked to the moon didn't hurt him, Surface buster didn't do anything but this half assed hit from a Boros who wasn't even serious yet damaged him beacuse a fan translation says so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
So kicked to the moon didn't hurt him, Surface buster didn't do anything but this half assed hit from a Boros who wasn't even serious yet damaged him beacuse a fan translation says so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Kamik28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers