User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Floopay

Mission: Restlessness in the Ruins

Mission Details

No Caption Provided

Commander: Adori Falshee

Reward: 400 Genny

Bonus: 100 Genny

Bonus Condition(s): Find the source of the attacks, and destroy them if necessary.

Details: Travelers, outsiders, explorers, and patrolmen have been seeing an increase in monsters recently. They all seem to report similar; but different features from one to the other. They appear to be mindless; but further observation shows clear tactical awareness on their part.

The Commander, Adori Falshee, seems to believe these something known as a Azi-Lishna. Ancient beings that sound similar to a werewolf. From the sounds of it, these ones are relatively small species; which are the most common and most aggressive.

Adori is looking to bring a small squadron of troopers in to eradicate as many as possible. She seems fairly confident as to the source of their operation. However, she needs volunteers.

The Briefing

There is a call into one of the many briefing rooms of "Nimroy Tower". Standing in the front of the room are two individuals. The first is a muscled, blue skinned woman. She stand about six feet tall and is outfitted in some kind of specialty, plated armor. On her back is shield of some sort and a hammer hangs at her side. The room is exceptionally cold, probably 50 degrees F (10 C).

The man is a little shorter than her. He is fully garbed in silvery robes and armor, with a full face mask obscuring his face. On his side hangs a handle of some kind, and a pair of pistols.

"I'm glad to see everyone made it," Adori started. "Alright, we're all here for the same reason. Killing monster."

She paused for a little bit to get a feel for the room. Everyone seemed pretty excited.

"What we're up against are Li'thzergians," she continued. "I know it said werewolves in the description; but that's the most accurate way we can describe them. They are four armed killing machines. Their larger arms can cleave through steel like butter and their small arms can crush a man's skull with minimal effort. They can can run at speeds up to 72 km/hr for extended periods of time and have a seemingly limitless tolerance to pain.'

'Their skin is like iron and they are resistant, though not immune, to a fire, lightning, acid, magic, charm, and telepathy. In spite of how they look, they are not mindless either. They are smart. If you encounter two, do not turn your back to either; but they will try to flank you. They also have natural magical abilities to render you blind, cloak you in light, generate light, levitate, and if enough of them gather they can render the ground unholy; which will grant them a small healing factor."

She paused. Their attention seemed to be on her a bit further.

"We are hunting for a nest. From the sounds of it, we are mostly looking at grunts and there's a chance we'll see them in mass. I recommend we split into two teams of 3. There is a front entrance and a side entrance to the ruins. Each team will take a side. You will also be in command of some troops of our own, courtesy of Nimroy here.'

'Now then, I'm going to hand the floor over to Nimroy for any further briefing(s). For those who don't know, he is also the captain of Safehaven. Don't clap for him though, it only feeds his ego."

She gave him a wry smile, and he only tilted his head and shrugged in response.

"Well, that was very informative," Nimroy started. "Doesn't really give me much to work with."

Nimroy paused for a second.

"Our troops are relatively well outfitted; but I would not rely on them too much against a group. They are skilled melee fighters and even better marksman. They make for excellent support and mop up, and they'll do well to hold ground; but we're hiring you all for a reason. That is, I do not want to see our troops being sent ahead as scouts and sacrifices. Play it smart, play it safe and if all looks lost, then retreat. We don't wanna see any of you go or our troops unless there are no other options.'

'As for Adori here, I want it to be clear I don't really like her being on mission. She's the only native to the Safehaven homeworld and she is the original occupant of this city. I would like to see that she returns safe."

At that Adori rolled her eyes. "So what he's saying, is if any of you could refrain from murdering or assassinating me, he'd be very appreciative."

Nimroy paused for a second, contemplating his response. "Exactly!"

They both stared at each other briefly.

"Anyway, I have important things to do, so I'm out!" He said with a wave, and exited the room. Seemingly to purposely avoid questions.

Adori approached the center of the room.

"Alright, on the board are our troops and some pictures of the enemies. As well as much of the information I already related to you. Each team will have 4 troops to accompany us. I am hoping each team will have a generous mix of both front and backline troops. We'll need those who can play the role of melee, marksman, medium, and those who can switch between. I will head one team, so we'll need a leader for the second team.'

'In my group, I'll be taking the front line and medium range, so I'd like at least one marksman and one other. As well as a volunteer leader for Team 2. We'll go over battle plans once this is figured out."

She paused and waited for information to pop up on screen.

"I'd like each of you to give us a brief description of your abilities, ask any questions you have, and volunteer a role so we can accurately build team!"

Allies and Enemies

Allies:

Safehaven Troops

Enemies

Participants:

@seagod

@windshieldwiper

@DedmanWalkin

@thetruebarryallen

@oldkaiser

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By TheTrueBarryAllen

The Bard & The War Forged

Medusa and Styx stood near the back of the room during the briefing, the machine focused on getting all the details of the mission while his maker observed the other sods in the room who decided to take up the job.

Their commander, who could only be described as a futuristic amazonian, caught Medusa's eye, she admired her strength, and enjoyed that she stood several inches taller than her second in command.

When the briefing ended she leaned forward -- they wanted introductions but not one person had yet spoken up.

MEDUSA: Might as well break the ice...

She took two steps forward, and started.

MEDUSA: Oi! Name's Medusa. This is scrap heap is Styx. Introduce yourself to them.

STYX: I am Styx.

MEDUSA: Guess he's feeling shy today. Anyways, if you don't know us, I'm a bit insulted, but we've got time to change that. Now, we're all here for the same reason, we saw the chance to earn a piece or two just by killing some [expletive] were-wolves--

STYX: Li'thzergians.

MEDUSA: --right, Lizard-a-gens. Now, as far as strengths go Styx here is built to take and dish out punishment in close quarters. As for me--

Her neon-pink mowhawk ignites.

MEDUSA: --got my hair. Psychokinetic they say. Razor sharp. Can grow longer right-quick if I need it to, good for stabbing, slicing, cutting, poking, prodding, and sticking. Now, Styx, how'dya think we'd best be used here?

STYX: I would be strongest on the front lines; you are a mid-range combatant. I hesitate to nominate you for the leadership position for second squad -- intelligent, but reckless. Also, you might rub them the wrong--

MEDUSA: What he's trying to say is I'm a personality. Now, I'm willing to do what needs doing, but, truth be told, if it comes down to your life or my life, chances are I'm going to go with my life. No offense to you lot but we've all just met now. Personally, if I had my say, Styx and I would prefer going with the big lady, and I'm sure we're not the only ones, eh?

She looks at some of the soldiers in the room, surely she can't be the only one.

MEDUSA: Anyways -- that's it for us. I'm sure you're all dying to get a word out now so I'll hush up and let you get to it.

With that Medusa retreats back to the wall, leaning against it with Styx by her side. She didn't know what she was getting into, but she hoped the idiots she was getting into it with weren't going to be as hopeless as some of them looked in this moment.

Avatar image for windshieldwiper
Windshieldwiper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Windshieldwiper

Before the pair could confront the darkened figure, their sphere came to them and informed them of the mission opening up extra early. It appears the person they were also following must of gotten note to as he made his way through the portal and out within one quick motion. Regardless Huixtocihuatl spoke softly saying "Thank you for telling us sphere. You may follow us now." The floating sphere silently acknowledged in its own way taking up position behind and between the two. Miakoda and Huixtocihuatl soon traveled through the portal with good speed and arrived in the debriefing room.

Miakoda and Huixtocihuatl sat through the entire thing and as they looked around they noticed the girl with pink hair whom they had previously been watching at the local bar within the area as there and her robot friend. Along with a couple of other new strangers who most, aside from the pink haired girl and her robot friend who stood in the back, sat in chairs spaced out forming a half circle. Although there was a lot of chairs as they may of hoped for more volunteers to sign up, but regardless there wasn't anyone other than the few who showed up.

The two people in charge tried their best to break any ice the audience had and although the everyone seemed eager and excited at first. When news broke out that these weren't in fact werewolves this changed everyone's stance in one way or another. Miakoda thought to herself "Werewolf or not these creatures look just as easily slain than those back on her home world and I can't wait to sink my axe into their skulls." Huixtocihuatl was thinking similar thoughts and was only just as eager to join battle with her partner. The excitement wasn't in the fact of hunting monsters, it was wetting their blades with blood and making sacrifices to their gods.

As the meeting ended one of the people in charge walked out to avoid any questions directed towards him, but the tall blue skinned woman encased in armor remained. She seemed more than willing to answer questions, but you can tell by her facial expressions and her overall body language that she just wanted to get the job done and over with. Miakoda raised her hand high and quick in one motion. She maintained her back against the seat and and awaited to be called on. The pink haired girl and her robot seemed to have spoken up first, so Miakoda just simply waited. Once called on by the blue skinned girl Miakoda had put her hand down, and informed her mission leader saying "Huixtocihuatl and myself are both close ranged fighters. I wield two blessed axes and my friend here Huixtocihuatl uses a blessed spear and two blessed daggers. I'd also like to know, do we have to have any of your soldiers with us as Huixtocihuatl and myself would rather prefer to work alone."

@floopay

OldKaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay:

Rafaela laughed at the robot’s remarks. “Nice to meet you.” She stood against the wall, shuffling a coin through her fingers. “I’m Rafaela Kim, but Rafa’s fine. And these...” The young woman smiled and flipped up a few coins before catching them in her hand. “...are called lucky coins. Flip heads and I get a nice buff.” Grinning widely, she opened her hand to reveal the coins - all heads up, of course. “Thankfully, I was born under a lucky star.” She closed her hand and the coins disappeared again. “That’s the main thing. The rest you can learn as we go along. Anyways, I’m suited for close combat, y’know. Oh, and it’s a pleasure to work with you guys.”

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@thetruebarryallen: @windshieldwiper

She first turned to Medusa and Styx.

"I'll keep you in mind, I try not to split up teams, and it seems we have a few of those here. I have to get a feeling for where our long range lies or support. But I have a feeling you'll probably be with me. The Lizard-Agents," she said with a wink, "are going to be pretty tough, I've seen these things rip a motorcycle and it's driver in two without too much strain. So make sure you're all ready."

She finally turned to address Huixtocihuatl and Miakoda.

"Trust me, you don't wanna get ahead of yourselves. I don't care what crazy powers you have going for yourself, these things eat their victims. Unless you can come back from nothing or your body recomposes somewhere else, you're gonna at least want someone there that stands a chance to retrieve your corpse if you fall. You will have a support team and a few others. If you just want them to stand and guard your back while you two and your team slaughter your way forward, have at it," she took a breath. "But I promise, you're not gonna wanna risk getting overrun by these guys. They get stronger the more of them there are. I don't think I'll split you two up, and there's a good chance you'll be on an opposite team."

She paused and let it sink it. Then she addressed the group.

"Who here can handle the cold?" Adori asked. "If you can't handle the cold, you can't be on my team."

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DedmanWalkin

@floopay

Inititating Personality Amalgamation

Throughout the time at the bar, Hexal watched all manner of being come in, drink, interact with each other, and ultimately leave sometimes in groups, sometimes with a mate, and sometimes alone. Some of them would come up to it and ask for the remaining chairs at its table. It did not seek to socialize with the inebriated, such interactions did not make for useful alliances. It did notice some people from the introductory seminar come in, so it watched them interact. It took information it had compiled and began creating a personality to draw upon during the mission. It was not too long till the Sphere's light green hue briefly turned to blue, the time had come.

Hexal rose from its seat and proceeded to Nimroy Tower. It noted others had arrived as well. It followed the navigation on its Nimroy Tower Map and found the briefing room. It took a seat near the middle so it could observe the other people.

The commander walked in, she was armed and armored and spoke with authority. She explained the mission going ahead and what we were up against. These Li'thzergians were powerful foes to the unprepared but their durability and strength are not of much concern, the darkness powers could be troublesome.

In a surprising turn of events, the actual leader of Safehaven showed up to the meeting. It spent much time trying to analyze him looking for potential weaknesses. He mentioned troopers being available, they could be useful. There was little fanfare to the arrival of someone of such authority, Hexal was pleased by this. He left and the commander was the center of attention once more, she wanted to know what everyone could do.

Several of the others stood up and displayed their abilities, gesticulating wildly in some cases. The first lady was ridiculous but she was accompanied by a clever robot. It smirked at the comments made by 2 under-prepared warriors bravado. The gambler was interesting but ultimately of no tactical utility to itself. Then came the matter manipulator, his powers could be very useful. The commander addressed some comments before I stood to address the class.

"I'm Hexal, i am a swashbuckler from the stars. I had to sell me guns to get here but I still have the sharpest swords in the verse. Couldn't sell'em because they are me." Hexal's arm turned black as it formed into a blade, it proceeded to carve its name in all caps on the wall behind it with an oversized H.

"Sorry about the, oh yeah, I picked up the same ability those monsters we killing have down in the market. I think I can maybe blind them as much as they can blind us." It said popping a faerie fire on his finger. "It don't even burn a lick. Now, it looks like we are all pretty close end people, if we need someone for distance that can be me but I'll need that magic gentleman to magic up a couple guns for me."

It looked around the room at the others, "I think it best I maybe go with those two who think they can do this by themselves. I don't take to cold too well so it is probably best I not with you Miss Falshee, no offence. I would request your best marksmen troops for my team."