• 61 results
Posted by Final Arrow (24426 posts) - - Show Bio

It's safe to assume that at some point anyone in the battle forums has come across this remark or another! SA SUPERMAN SOLO's, SSJ4 GOKU Stomps! Storm blah blah blah blah. Now is it just me or when I read a title Superman VS Thor and all it says in the OP is Superman and Thor is space (so to speak) that we go with the current Thor or Superman? I always assume this is what the title means or otherwise it would be stated SA Superman Vs Odin Force Thor!! I have seen a lot of unfair battle recently where we have say Classic Thor vs Superman. Now if I remember right Classic Thor can pull of feats that current Thor can't!!! and that leads me to feats, I recently read in a battle thread that Thor could turn Black Adam back into his old self.... Wait run that by me again Thor using his lighting can turn Black Adam back into a mortal. Um no this feat has never been seen or done by Thor the magic in DCU is very different to the magic is MU. Basically what I am ranting about is common sense, if the title say Superman VS Thor then go with current we don't need four pages of one person asking if it is SA Superman, cause if it was he would curb stomp o_o. Just fight the need to find an edge for you're fav character to win and go with what is stated, don't make up feats about how Thor can change someone by his magic when it's never been shown. It's not hard to just read a battle and post in it without so much BS. Oh and telling someone to STFU because you can't debate you're point correctly! just walk away and say you have a different view point, some people just can't be reasoned with (DBZ,Storm) for you're own sanity walk away!

#1 Posted by FLCL1 (9479 posts) - - Show Bio

agreed but its not only DBZ fanboy but heros fanboys, ben 10 fanboys and DC fan boys( the marvel fans are cool except for those who think storm can beat anybody -_-)
Avatar image for darth_brendroid
#2 Posted by darth_brendroid (1725 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw one recently about Deadpool facing Cybermen. I asked if it was Cybus Cybermen or Classic Cybermen.

That fall under your category or not?

#3 Posted by Morpheus_ (34636 posts) - - Show Bio
@Final Arrow said:
" It's safe to assume that at some point anyone in the battle forums has come across this remark or another! SA SUPERMAN SOLO's, SSJ4 GOKU Stomps! Storm blah blah blah blah. Now is it just me or when I read a title Superman VS Thor and all it says in the OP is Superman and Thor is space (so to speak) that we go with the current Thor or Superman? I always assume this is what the title means or otherwise it would be stated SA Superman Vs Odin Force Thor!! I have seen a lot of unfair battle recently where we have say Classic Thor vs Superman. Now if I remember right Classic Thor can pull of feats that current Thor can't!!! and that leads me to feats, I recently read in a battle thread that Thor could turn Black Adam back into his old self.... Wait run that by me again Thor using his lighting can turn Black Adam back into a mortal. Um no this feat has never been seen or done by Thor the magic in DCU is very different to the magic is MU. Basically what I am ranting about is common sense, if the title say Superman VS Thor then go with current we don't need four pages of one person asking if it is SA Superman, cause if it was he would curb stomp o_o. Just fight the need to find an edge for you're fav character to win and go with what is stated, don't make up feats about how Thor can change someone by his magic when it's never been shown. It's not hard to just read a battle and post in it without so much BS. Oh and telling someone to STFU because you can't debate you're point correctly! just walk away and say you have a different view point, some people just can't be reasoned with (DBZ) for you're own sanity walk away! "
All of these needed to be told.
#4 Posted by Final Arrow (24426 posts) - - Show Bio
@FLCL1 said:
" agreed but its not only DBZ fanboy but heros fanboys, ben 10 fanboys and DC fan boys( the marvel fans are cool except for those who think storm can beat anybody -_-) "
Changed I agree with that, someone was going round saying Storm could Solo Dark Phoenix that was a bad head day! 

@darth_brendroid said:
"

I saw one recently about Deadpool facing Cybermen. I asked if it was Cybus Cybermen or Classic Cybermen.

"
Yeah It kinda does, to me if it says Cyberman then it is save to assume it is the current version! this is why people should post links or picture in their battles!
#5 Posted by warlock360 (28189 posts) - - Show Bio
@FLCL1 said:
" agreed but its not only DBZ fanboy but heros fanboys, ben 10 fanboys and DC fan boys( the marvel fans are cool except for those who think storm can beat anybody -_-) "
yay for fooly cooly

@FA: In most cases its actually true but the fact of creating the thread egdes to nigh infinit stupidity hence its a "Irremovable Object vs Unstoppable Force" thing

where the outcome is BFR and nothing else xD  (or total Annihilation...)
#6 Posted by FLCL1 (9479 posts) - - Show Bio
@Final Arrow said:
" @FLCL1 said:
Changed I agree with that, someone was going round saying Storm could Solo Dark Phoenix that was a bad head day! 

@darth_brendroid said:
"

"
Yeah It kinda does, to me if it says Cyberman then it is save to assume it is the current version! this is why people should post links or picture in their battles! "

dude that guy amazonstormphoenix said storm could solo the marvel universe -_-.....................*facepalm*
#7 Posted by darth_brendroid (1725 posts) - - Show Bio
@Final Arrow:
Just checking ^^
#8 Posted by Final Arrow (24426 posts) - - Show Bio
@FLCL1 said:
" @Final Arrow said:
" @FLCL1 said:

@darth_brendroid said:
"

"
Yeah It kinda does, to me if it says Cyberman then it is save to assume it is the current version! this is why people should post links or picture in their battles! "
dude that guy amazonstormphoenix said storm could solo the marvel universe -_-.....................*facepalm* "
Epic face plam
Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
#9 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (26773 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly wish i could lock and delete most of the battle threads... they truly cause me more headaches than any other part of this site. 

I love the ones that are thought out and debated but the ones where people come in curb stomping or just being stupid or yelling at each other.. sigh

#10 Posted by warlock360 (28189 posts) - - Show Bio

another thing is, those threads are mostly based on personally arguments of other persons favourite figure.

#11 Posted by Mortein (6050 posts) - - Show Bio
@FLCL1 said:
what about Hulk fans?
#12 Posted by FLCL1 (9479 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mortein said:
" @FLCL1 said:
what about Hulk fans? "

im new to the site i havent seen em yet
#13 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (26773 posts) - - Show Bio
@Voidheart: i think that is the whole Fan boy thing... and yeah it is, like people who walk in and just go SUPERMAN IS GOD and walk out again... this helps how?
#14 Edited by Final Arrow (24426 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mortein said:

" @FLCL1 said:

what about Hulk fans? "

@Voidheart said:
" another thing is, those threads are mostly based on personally arguments of other persons favourite figure. "

We don't talk about them... or they appear! no im not saying anything against being fans of characters or a select group of fans. What I am saying is just common sense when it comes to these things! How often do we come across these things and yes some battles are made to see our fav characters fight but lets make it fair fights. Something that is not (say if im a thor fan) Thor with Odin Force VS Batgirl (Barb Gorden) in her current state!
#15 Posted by FLCL1 (9479 posts) - - Show Bio
@.Mistress Redhead. said:
" @Voidheart: i think that is the whole Fan boy thing... and yeah it is, like people who walk in and just go SUPERMAN IS GOD and walk out again... this helps how? "

ROFL people that think superman can beat mr.mannhatten should go to the hospital
#16 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (26773 posts) - - Show Bio
@FLCL1 said:
" @.Mistress Redhead. said:
" @Voidheart: i think that is the whole Fan boy thing... and yeah it is, like people who walk in and just go SUPERMAN IS GOD and walk out again... this helps how? "
ROFL people that think superman can beat mr.mannhatten should go to the hospital "
I swear no one but a mod can understand the headaches these threads give me! 

lol
#17 Posted by FLCL1 (9479 posts) - - Show Bio
@Final Arrow said:
"@Mortein said:

" @FLCL1 said:

what about Hulk fans? "

@Voidheart said:
" another thing is, those threads are mostly based on personally arguments of other persons favourite figure. "
We don't talk about them... or they appear! no im not saying anything against being fans of characters or a select group of fans. What I am saying is just common sense when it comes to these things! How often do we come across these things and yes some battles are made to see our fav characters fight but lets make it fair fights. Something that is not (say if im a thor fan) Thor with Odin Force VS Batgirl (Barb Gorden) in her current state! "

lol ultra sh!t stomp XD
#18 Posted by darth_brendroid (1725 posts) - - Show Bio

Some threads are stupid, oui. 

One problem is though that most of the original ones (Captain marvel (DC) vs Superman) have probably already been done to death =/
#19 Posted by Morpheus_ (34636 posts) - - Show Bio
" @FLCL1 said:
ROFL people that think superman can beat mr.mannhatten should go to the hospital "
I swear no one but a mod can understand the headaches these threads give me!  lol "
They shouldn't really. If a thread has been re-done, the exact same way (and just about anything has been done, that is certain), or it seems that the thread's sole purpose is to spark a fierce argument (*cough* World War Storm *cough*) , why not lock it right away?
#20 Posted by Final Arrow (24426 posts) - - Show Bio

It's like over on Vice we seem to have a problem with comic book fans 0_o I know that sounds strange cause over here we have issues with DBZ fans, its as if where ever you go we will always be faced with these problems! I just wanted to express what I was thinking and hopefully pointing out that some things can be avoided if we just think about it first!

#21 Posted by FLCL1 (9479 posts) - - Show Bio
@darth_brendroid said:
"Some threads are stupid, oui.  One problem is though that most of the original ones (Captain marvel (DC) vs Superman) have probably already been done to death =/ "

will that thread is useless superman and marvel has the same power (depending on wat superman)
#22 Edited by Morpheus_ (34636 posts) - - Show Bio
@darth_brendroid said:

" Some threads are stupid, oui.  One problem is though that most of the original ones (Captain marvel (DC) vs Superman) have probably already been done to death =/ "

Captain Marvel vs Kal-El...Original? I must have seen that one at least 5-6 times in the last three months. So you can switch "probably", with "certainly" my friend.
#23 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (26773 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @FLCL1 said:
I swear no one but a mod can understand the headaches these threads give me!  lol "
They shouldn't really. If a thread has been re-done, the exact same way (and just about anything has been done, that is certain), or it seems that the thread's sole purpose is to spark a fierce argument (*cough* World War Storm *cough*) , why not lock it right away? "
Locking is a last resort as much as possible, if a thread is a dupe thread and we are around to see it then we certainly lock it and offer the other thread up. Arguments can only be monitored if we are on and people flag em, FLAG PEOPLE FLAG otherwise i am not spending my time on here going over every thread looking for fights lol
#24 Posted by FLCL1 (9479 posts) - - Show Bio
@Final Arrow said:
"It's like over on Vice we seem to have a problem with comic book fans 0_o I know that sounds strange cause over here we have issues with DBZ fans, its as if where ever you go we will always be faced with these problems! I just wanted to express what I was thinking and hopefully pointing out that some things can be avoided if we just think about it first! "

ur on vice? wats ur user name
#25 Posted by darth_brendroid (1725 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_:
That I can now. Guess I should have joined a few months ago and I might have seen that, Morph.
#26 Posted by FLCL1 (9479 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @FLCL1 said:
They shouldn't really. If a thread has been re-done, the exact same way (and just about anything has been done, that is certain), or it seems that the thread's sole purpose is to spark a fierce argument (*cough* World War Storm *cough*) , why not lock it right away? "

who ever made that thread should be banned -_-
#27 Posted by Morpheus_ (34636 posts) - - Show Bio
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @FLCL1 said:
Locking is a last resort as much as possible, if a thread is a dupe thread and we are around to see it then we certainly lock it and offer the other thread up. Arguments can only be monitored if we are on and people flag em, FLAG PEOPLE FLAG otherwise i am not spending my time on here going over every thread looking for fights lol "
Sure. Never suggested that you spend your entire time checking the battle threads. But the thing with flagging is this: no matter how out right idiotic a thread is, if a person's behaviour is not inappropriate, there is nothing to flag him about. Why flag him? Because he
i) either has read nothing else except Storm/Goku/Hulk, etch.. , or ii) he just created the thread as a farce, to see how others would react. Both of these do not cause someone to get banned, or certain people would have been out of here in no time. That is the most annoying case of all, even more so than the usual heated arguments around here.
#28 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (26773 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_: Flagging is for abusive users yes, but your free to PM a mod who is on and tell them what is going on, also flaggging a thread that has been duped or is out of control fight wise is fine its not about banning
#29 Posted by Morpheus_ (34636 posts) - - Show Bio
@FLCL1 said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @FLCL1 said:
who ever made that thread should be banned -_- "
Problem is...It wasn't the first time. Not even the second, or the third.
#30 Posted by Morpheus_ (34636 posts) - - Show Bio
" @Morpheus_: Flagging is for abusive users yes, but your free to PM a mod who is on and tell them what is going on, also flaggging a thread that has been duped or is out of control fight wise is fine its not about banning "
I am not an easy person to flag. Not in the least. But, if someone posts the same answer (Storm wins, Storm wins, Storm wins), and even goes in various threads Storm is not even involved, and states, "if Storm were here, she would win", or repeatedly creates threads of ridiculous nature, he should not get away with simple warnings, but that is just me. And that is the most recent example, since it happened last night.
#31 Posted by FLCL1 (9479 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @FLCL1 said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @FLCL1 said:
who ever made that thread should be banned -_- "
Problem is...It wasn't the first time. Not even the second, or the third. "

*sigh* i kno people told me about him :(
#32 Posted by FLCL1 (9479 posts) - - Show Bio
" @FLCL1 said:

LOL
#33 Posted by warlock360 (28189 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mortein said:
" @FLCL1 said:
what about Hulk fans? "
they can always be persuaded by showing them how many times hes got knocked on his @$$ and by whom...
#34 Posted by FLCL1 (9479 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @FLCL1 said:
Locking is a last resort as much as possible, if a thread is a dupe thread and we are around to see it then we certainly lock it and offer the other thread up. Arguments can only be monitored if we are on and people flag em, FLAG PEOPLE FLAG otherwise i am not spending my time on here going over every thread looking for fights lol "
Sure. Never suggested that you spend your entire time checking the battle threads. But the thing with flagging is this: no matter how out right idiotic a thread is, if a person's behaviour is not inappropriate, there is nothing to flag him about. Why flag him? Because he
i) either has read nothing else except Storm/Goku/Hulk, etch.. , or ii) he just created the thread as a farce, to see how others would react. Both of these do not cause someone to get banned, or certain people would have been out of here in no time. That is the most annoying case of all, even more so than the usual heated arguments around here.
"

YYYEEEEAAAA i actually did that on my storm vs onslaught thread LOL that storm fan boy pissed me off
#35 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (26773 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Morpheus_: Flagging is for abusive users yes, but your free to PM a mod who is on and tell them what is going on, also flaggging a thread that has been duped or is out of control fight wise is fine its not about banning "
I am not an easy person to flag. Not in the least. But, if someone posts the same answer (Storm wins, Storm wins, Storm wins), and even goes in various threads Storm is not even involved, and states, "if Storm were here, she would win", or repeatedly creates threads of ridiculous nature, he should not get away with simple warnings, but that is just me. And that is the most recent example, since it happened last night. "
if you flagged it it would have been dealt with i know, and we have a three warnings policy for a reason, sometimes these guys just need to be told off and they will chill
#36 Posted by FLCL1 (9479 posts) - - Show Bio
@Voidheart said:
" @Mortein said:
" @FLCL1 said:
what about Hulk fans? "
they can always be persuaded by showing them how many times hes got knocked on his @$$ and by whom... "

the list is LONG XD
#37 Edited by Morpheus_ (34636 posts) - - Show Bio

" @Morpheus_ said:

I am not an easy person to flag. Not in the least. But, if someone posts the same answer (Storm wins, Storm wins, Storm wins), and even goes in various threads Storm is not even involved, and states, "if Storm were here, she would win", or repeatedly creates threads of ridiculous nature, he should not get away with simple warnings, but that is just me. And that is the most recent example, since it happened last night. "
if you flagged it it would have been dealt with i know, and we have a three warnings policy for a reason, sometimes these guys just need to be told off and they will chill "
No. I did not. As I said, I do not flag easily. I guess I am more "tolerant" towards spamming, than abusive/inappropriate behaviour. In both cases, people should exceed limits far too much for me to flag them.
#38 Posted by Morpheus_ (34636 posts) - - Show Bio
@FLCL1 said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @FLCL1 said:
"
YYYEEEEAAAA i actually did that on my storm vs onslaught thread LOL that storm fan boy pissed me off "
If it was you who posted the Storm vs Onslaught thread, you shouldn't have done so in the first place. The fight is extremely uneven, and can only be justified if you had no previous knowledge on Onslaught as a character, at all.
#39 Posted by FLCL1 (9479 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @FLCL1 said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @FLCL1 said:
"
YYYEEEEAAAA i actually did that on my storm vs onslaught thread LOL that storm fan boy pissed me off "
If it was you who posted the Storm vs Onslaught thread, you shouldn't have done so in the first place. The fight is extremely uneven, and can only be justified if you had no previous knowledge on Onslaught as a character, at all. "

yyyyyeeeeaaaaa i actually kno about onslaught =/ but to make thing worst i purposely made it =//
as i already stated that guy keep saying that storm can beat the marvel universe so i made that =///..........................................my bad lol
#40 Posted by Morpheus_ (34636 posts) - - Show Bio
@FLCL1 said:
" "yyyyyeeeeaaaaa i actually kno about onslaught =/ but to make thing worst i purposely made it =//as i already stated that guy keep saying that storm can beat the marvel universe so i made that =///..........................................my bad lol "
No problem. Everyone gives in to their urges, every once in a while. Just don't get used to it.
#41 Posted by FLCL1 (9479 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @FLCL1 said:
" "yyyyyeeeeaaaaa i actually kno about onslaught =/ but to make thing worst i purposely made it =//as i already stated that guy keep saying that storm can beat the marvel universe so i made that =///..........................................my bad lol "
No problem. Everyone gives in to their urges, every once in a while. Just don't get used to it. "

k
#42 Posted by Morpheus_ (34636 posts) - - Show Bio
@FLCL1 said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @FLCL1 said:
No problem. Everyone gives in to their urges, every once in a while. Just don't get used to it. "
k "
What does k stand for these days? I get lost with all these...
#43 Posted by Final Arrow (24426 posts) - - Show Bio
@FLCL1 said:
" @Final Arrow said:
"It's like over on Vice we seem to have a problem with comic book fans 0_o I know that sounds strange cause over here we have issues with DBZ fans, its as if where ever you go we will always be faced with these problems! I just wanted to express what I was thinking and hopefully pointing out that some things can be avoided if we just think about it first! "
ur on vice? wats ur user name "
Im Little_Sparrow
#44 Posted by FLCL1 (9479 posts) - - Show Bio
@Final Arrow said:
" @FLCL1 said:
" @Final Arrow said:
Im Little_Sparrow "

ironic LOL ( i love calvin and hobbies XD)
#45 Posted by FLCL1 (9479 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @FLCL1 said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @FLCL1 said:
k "
What does k stand for these days? I get lost with all these... "

lol OK XD
#46 Posted by Final Arrow (24426 posts) - - Show Bio
@FLCL1 said:
" @Final Arrow said:
" @FLCL1 said:
" @Final Arrow said:
Im Little_Sparrow "
ironic LOL ( i love calvin and hobbies XD) "
Ironic ? Blame MR for the Calvin and hobbes she changed to Calvin so I had no choice XD. But she changed her's again but im sticking to it
#47 Posted by Morpheus_ (34636 posts) - - Show Bio
@FLCL1 said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @FLCL1 said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @FLCL1 said:
k "
lol OK XD "
Thought so. But you can never be too sure about anything around here...
#48 Posted by FLCL1 (9479 posts) - - Show Bio

its ironic because ur name ryhmes lol and hobbes was cooler any way XP
#49 Posted by FLCL1 (9479 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @FLCL1 said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @FLCL1 said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @FLCL1 said:
k "
lol OK XD "
Thought so. But you can never be too sure about anything around here... "

lol i can think of three people that will use "k" as a curse word XD
#50 Posted by Final Arrow (24426 posts) - - Show Bio
@FLCL1 said:
" its ironic because ur name ryhmes lol and hobbes was cooler any way XP "
It's why I did it, also the name has Arrow in it so it works LOL.