Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Tory and Devon

No Caption Provided

Hawk

No Caption Provided

They start 6ft apart in the same area S5 Miguel fought Robby.

Bloodlusted

Avatar image for deactivated-63caca60c65d9
deactivated-63caca60c65d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Bloodlusted angry hawk is possibly the most brutal teenager in the show, a bloodlusted hawk is something we didn't see in season 4 and 5,last time was in season 3 ,so it's pretty hard to say...,no doubt hawk would definitely beat them individualy but two ? Also considering Tory and Devon fight pretty well coordinated...honnestly ? I don't know for this one

Watcer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 38

Devon isn't much of a factor here. But she could distract Hawk, then Tory beats him. It'd be a great fight tho.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Tory literally solos

Vegito315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Without pis Hawk kicks both of their asses without much difficulty. LMAO at Tory soloing. We saw Robby low diff Tory and Hawk was a legitimate challenge for Robby. Silver said Miguel Robby and Hawk are the best fighters in the Valley. It's obvious Hawk is superior

The_Swaggot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eli, but Tory will press him pretty hard

Avatar image for immwarriorortal
immwarriorortal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hawk

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Aystarr

OT: Y'all are tripping but considering what majority of cobra kai's fanbase is, something like this was expected.

@morghulis said:

@aystarr said:

Tory literally solos

How? Hawk, Miguel, and Robby are literally the best kid fighters, lol.

Samantha and Tori exist. Sam especially. It's definitely between 5 of them and they're all close (still wouldn't put him at top 3 imo).

Sure, Hawk has some low-ends, but he isn’t losing to anyone in the gang aside from Miguel and Robby at his best.

sam has been beating his ass since S2 plus has better training and experience stats and Tori has just as much in-universe hype as he does.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The fact that some people think hawk would win even with Devon's assistance is nothing but ridiculous and borderline delusional. Let me laugh a bit

No Caption Provided

immwarriorortal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Robby toyed with Tory

Hawk beat Robby

Tory beat Devon

How the duo can win?

Avatar image for shadowwraith123
ShadowWraith123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Robby straight up said Hawk beat him fair and square, anyone saying duo is smoking crack. Tory almost has no actual feats.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peoples seem to forget that Devon and Tory fight pretty well together, they have a good , coordination ,sure they was not able to do anything to sensei Kim , but she is on another level,Kim is a sensei, Hawk is a great fighter but still a teenager. He could beat them individualy , but if they fight together ? I doubt about it, im not sure. We should see what a bloodlusted Hawk is capable of now, the last time we saw Hawk angry and enraged was in season 3 when he destroyed Bruck and Hawk was not strong as today, a bloodlusted Hawk in season 6 would help to have a answer to this fight, but since Hawk adopted Myagi-Do philosophy, i doubt that we'l see him fighting like a savage angry beast again

Vegito315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Vegito315

Robby low diffs Tory and is matched by Hawk

Silver says Miguel Robby and Hawk are the best fighters in the Valley

Robby says Hawk beat him fair and square

Daniel Chozen and Johnny can't decide whose the best between Miguel Robby and Hawk

Aystarr: Hawk isn't top 3 and gets beat by Sam or Tory

Yup sounds like Aystarr alright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vegito315: no ofense but is aystarr sort of an extreme feminist ?

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Aystarr
@vegito315 said:

Robby low diffs Tory and is matched by Hawk

Robby uses miyagi do to counter Tory once (proving a point about how they weren't versatile), something all the top fighters have grown from and learned when he fought hawk, mind you Tory recovered instantly and hit him back.

Oh btw Sam also did that same move to sensei Kim in their final fight and she recovered, does that mean Sam > sensei Kim now or she low-diffs sensei Kim?

Silver says Miguel Robby and Hawk are the best fighters in the Valley

When talking to Kenny in comparison to other male kid fighters in their (separated) exercise and advicing him to reach his potential by leading and not following.

Robby says Hawk beat him fair and square

Because hawk did not cheat, he was still distracted and that is on him not on hawk so it was a fair match.

Daniel Chozen and Johnny can't decide whose the best between Miguel Robby and Hawk

For the boys competition, while they easily pick Sam and are confident she can beat anyone going against her.

Aystarr: Hawk isn't top 3 and gets beat by Sam or Tory

Backed hard by the fact that one has canonically beaten him and the other has just as much training if not more in comparison to him.

Yup sounds like Aystarr alright.

Making conclusions based on context and fairness to the development of all the characters involved?, Yeah that's me alright.

And It's not even that I'm confident Tory solos, hawk might win against Tory and I place him above her sometimes but the fact that y'all think the gap would be wide to the point where even Devon can't close it when tory already has a strong case alone is just wild.

@immwarriorortal said:

Robby toyed with Tory

Hawk beat Robby

Tory beat Devon

How the duo can win?

Funny cuz Kenny beat hawk and had him shaking like a baby, when kenny ≈ Devon and both << Tory

Therefore Tory >> Devon ≈ Kenny > hawk

Ah, You see how easy it is to make untrue detached conclusions based on uncontextualized scaling and comparison.

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for chris2kzombieki
chris2kzombieki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn’t hawk no diff Kenny at the pool? And only lost due to illegal strikes and paid off ref?

JDogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tory and Devon. Devon is enough of a distraction for Tory to beat him. And playing by ABC logic Tory =< Sam >>>> Hawk as Hawk was beat by Sam in a 2v1.

immwarriorortal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr: saying Kenny>Hawk is enough for understanding your cleverness.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr: saying Kenny>Hawk is enough for understanding your cleverness.

Lmao so is saying Robby "toyed with" Tory and also disregarding the development after, I was showing you how what you were saying was like, so you're really exposing your own cleverness actually.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Aystarr

@morghulis:

Silver didn’t even mention them when talking about the Valley’s best… they’re good but no.

silver had no reason to, they were never in the conversation or the context.

Its season 5 and Hawk has grown

lmao and Sam was just being cute?.... She literally developed more than hawk, she was already considerably above him before and had more skill and experience, then after getting all heated up post S3, she was busting her ass practicing cobra kai with Johnny and had the aggressiveness to pull it off and was even taking secret classes while retaining her miyagi do skill that was already above hawk and practically every other student except Robby who seemed to be on her level, meanwhile hawk literally dropped out of Karate when he got his mohawk shaved off, only going to the s4 finale with his inferior cobra kai skill in comparison to Sam's skillset and some basic miyagi do training he learned from Daniel with the other fodder students.

Now tell me exactly at what point in any of this his progression translates to him developing past an already superior sam's progression?, Infact I challenge you.

Y'all want hawk to be that dude so bad but he just isn't I'm sorry.

No Caption Provided

Daniel larusso and Robby Keene's progression is what combat development is, not having the character act like a wild dog half the time then expect someone to just think he scales above everyone with literally no basis or even a background to indicate that (hawk I'm sorry, I still like you).

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morghulis:

Y'all are tripping but considering what majority of cobra kai's fanbase is, something like this was expected.

What are you talking about, lol?

Honestly I don’t know half the time lol.

However in this case I think I recall him being salty about Sam/Tory‘s power ranking and correlating the Cobra Kai boy trio being the top young fighters with the fanbase being huge Shonen fans(Naruto, One Piece, Dragon Ball, Fire Force etc).

Cuz apparently he hates those anime for obvious reasons…smh.

Denial is painful to watch but hey man…it is what it is.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#29  Edited By AllStarSuperman

Tori already beat Hawk in that season 2 or 3 head band stealing training scene. Also I think Sam beat Hawk in either the mall fight or the house fight from season 3, and Tori and Sam are basically equals.

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nassergrant19:

Look: I don’t like to talk trash about people I debate, but I understand what you’re saying.

Yup👍

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Aystarr

@morghulis:

What…? Silver says that he’s seen the Valley’s best, and mentions the following: Robby, Miguel, and Hawk. How is this is not a general statement or claim?

No one said it's not a general statement or claim, it is that is a claim made excluding certain people out of the conversation, terry was handling the boys division of the exercise they were doing, called Kenny in talking about the leadership in his life using the men in his life, conveniently leaving out his mother, and then Compared his Potential to the other boy combatants as to what he can achieve, Kenny being one himself already. That's is not a conversation including everyone, I don't know what more explanation is needed.

How did she develop more than Hawk? Hawk lost his confidence after getting his mohawk shaved, but still got back into it to fight Robby at the All Valley and win.Meanwhile, Sam had an intense fear of Tory for a while after she lost, and I still don’t believe that’s actually any immense growth.

lol the way you missed the whole point, who is talking about thier character development?, That's literally not relevant here, I'm talking about their combat development and I broke down how and why Sam has more skills, training and experience in comparison to hawk. Hawks combat development in the series doesn't even comes close to hers and she was already better than him before, fighting his bully doesn't automatically give him new skills.

Wait, do you actually think Sam was comparable to Robby at some point? Robby has more experience in fighting (let’s see Sam fighting Shawn in Juvie, or those thugs in Mexico), more skill, better stats, faster combat speed, and has fought Miguel many times - something Sam will never be capable of.

sam was better than Robby at some point when Robby was new to karate, he literally trained with her in miyagi do and they have the same miyagi do training/skillset, that is what I meant by saying her miyagi do training was unrivaled by any kid except Robby who happened to have risen up to her miyagi do level, but even then, why are you acting like Robby is way above her?, They literally fought in S4 after most of Robby's feat and she could even pin his hands down in the 2v2 Miguel/Sam vs Robby/Tory ( a fight were they all seemed on par with each other btw).

Saying Sam can't fight Miguel without basis is ridiculous, they probably won't ever get to fight to each other so idk what you're trying to say here?.

Fighting multiple fodders/thugs while an impressive showcase of feat doesn't always indicate superiority especially amongst high tier fighters, hawk has no feat of fighting thugs on Robby's level yet he was displayed to keep up with him, Sam took down hawk (a notable fighter) and two other CK fighters at the same time yet Tory was still able to go with her 1v1 despite having not showing something like that prior, so yeah, it's impressive but fighters get their Ranking from their battles with other notable fighters.

Lol, again, for the tenth time what are you talking about? How about you actually debate instead of whining.

I can do both and I would when I feel like.

No Caption Provided

Lol, Johnny and Miguel too. And do you even remember when Hawk fought his bully and beat his ass into the ground? Did you not see Tory’s face when he was kept pummeling his head? This is the Hawk she’ll be battling, albeit with Devon’s help, but this will not be enough.

Again how is this relevant here?, How does this show a display of improved skill?, It's funny because you keep saying I'm not debating yet you have not once bothered to bring up arguments about how hawk is better using his actual combat development in the series or multiple feats he has for scaling. All you keep saying is "He fought Robby" (something all the top kids can do) and using a statement out of context lol.

Anyways Tory solos, she was his clear superior at one point and their development after that has been equal so scaling is in her favor and I would give her the edge in skill, broke concrete so I would give her the edge in AP and she also takes hits better so stamina too, while hawks only notable feat is fighting Robby, something I can definitely see Tory doing. It's a stomp for the team with Devon.

Look: I don’t like to talk trash about people I debate, but I understand what you’re saying.

I mean.. if you want I can easily put you in the irrelevancy section with him if you want to talk trash and wrong things about me lol.

chris2kzombieki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tori already beat Hawk in that season 2 or 3 head band stealing training scene. Also I think Sam beat Hawk in either the mall fight or the house fight from season 3, and Tori and Sam are basically equals.

Miguel beat Hawk in the head band fight.

Loading Video...

In the end Tory was out. We see her and Aisha talk about it only being Hawk and Miguel, implying that Tory lost to Hawk and Aisha too Miguel.

The mall fight happened before Hawk took defensive style. He's now combined both styles. Hawk has become much stronger, also if we use that logic Sam>Robby because Hawk beat Robby whom he also lost too in the mall. In fact it was more Robby vs Hawk than Sam vs Hawk.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@chris2kzombieki: I misremembered the head band scene. But I don’t put Hawk above Robby, even including Robbie’s statement. Robbie let up on Hawk when he saw how he was effecting Kenny in the tournament fight.

chris2kzombieki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr: Yes characters have combat development-

Loading Video...

Hawk fights dirty and was losing the fight most of the time.

In addition to him losing the mall fight. But yet he beat Robby in a very close fight.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

This fight was longer than Sam and Tory's. Showing Hawk and Robby are much more even.

Sam vs Tory was much more rigged. The ref was clearly paid off after. The fight was just much more one sided when Sam used both sides, and would have won had the ref not have been paid.

You keep using the old versions of the character, so I might as well.

Hawk actually beat Tory during the headband fight.

Loading Video...

2:50

Devon and Tory, no matter how good the teamwork, can not beat a far superior fighter.

chris2kzombieki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chris2kzombieki: I misremembered the head band scene. But I don’t put Hawk above Robby, even including Robbie’s statement. Robbie let up on Hawk when he saw how he was effecting Kenny in the tournament fight.

I'd argue they are equal. Their fight was much more even. But it's not like Sam and Tory> Robby either.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: Sam has always be superior to Tory honnestly,sure their fight were close but Sam always win and always dominate the battle,Tory never defeated Sam for now (exept in season 4 but it was not a 100% fair victory), i still prefer Tory, by far, Sam is one of the most annoying character in the show. But she is superior to Tory from what i saw

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 cocacolaman  Moderator

Tory and Devon. This duo has experience working together, and Tory is a big threat on her own. Devon on her own is irrelevant here, but a 2v1 is much different than two 1v1s.

Konohana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tory and Devon would definitely be written to win, plus Hawk can be inconsistent. I can see that being wholly irrelevant though as he’s bloodlusted here and won’t care about holding back, which he would if that wasn’t the mindset.

Either way, but leaning the duo.