#1 Edited by Aweirdgamer1 (526 posts) - - Show Bio

Ryuko replaces Genos in the Deep Sea King fight, can she win?

Battle 1: Pre Synchronize Ryuko vs Normal SK

Battle 2: Synchronize Ryuko vs True Form SK

#2 Posted by Aweirdgamer1 (526 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone?

#3 Posted by Rebake (4468 posts) - - Show Bio

How does SK even damage her?

#4 Posted by Aweirdgamer1 (526 posts) - - Show Bio

@rebake: Well he was able to break through a Nuke Shelter with ease, easily breaks through a building while making it collapse, and is able to damage genos. He’s prtty damn strong

#5 Posted by Rebake (4468 posts) - - Show Bio

@aweirdgamer1: Can't only certain things harm her? She survived having her heart pulled out by someone with the means to do damage and still didn't die.............and SK might not have the means. So Ryuko has both a durability and damage soak advantage...I'm not sure which one is faster though, but if you can't harm your opponent, the best you can go for is a stalemate...But supposedly, SOSS could beat SK with gear, so I'd bet on Ryuko doing damage too..........so leaning towards Ryuko unless SK can actually damage her...

#6 Posted by Aweirdgamer1 (526 posts) - - Show Bio

@rebake: Does Ryuko have any acid durability? SK was able to melt through Genos’s Metal easily

#8 Posted by B3rnkastel (217 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna side with DSK here despite Ryuko having amazing regeneration feats since he actually has a confirmable speed(which may or may not be faster than her),and from looking through an RT for her really quick,it's pretty vague where she stands in that department.

I think she may actually have more than enough durability to tank his hits here,since BoS Ryuko took hits from a guy who had gloves that could make him hit as hard as steel, and she later goes on to no sell that and hits from people magnitudes stronger than that guy. I'll probably lean on her taking the win,as DSK can't really put her down.

#9 Posted by Rebake (4468 posts) - - Show Bio

@rebake: Does Ryuko have any acid durability? SK was able to melt through Genos’s Metal easily

I wouldn't even worry about it, Ryuko has more than enough speed to dodge those globs (and he doesn't spam it either). Genos only got hit bc he was protecting a civilian, it moved slow enough that he saw where it was going and then ran in front of it. At that point in the story, I wouldn't say Genos is faster. The scissor blade could probably blow away the acid with the force of a swing too. The problem is it's a high damage projectile with no notable speed or force behind it. Since SOSS can take SK with his gear, the scissor blade could definitely cut him up. The only thing keeping SK in the fight to me is his speed, which is on par with Genos, and I'd consider them both close to Ryuko in speed. But with regeneration, unless the acid stops it, it will only slow her down at best. I don't think SK can take Ryuko solo based on current information. Maybe if he had a partner or team, but alone, he lacks too much. Genos with one arm was matching him and Ryuko should be solidly above Genos (at least at that point in the OPM series). Why? Durability, better striking, and regen to outlast him. Early on, Genos had to trade an arm to take Mosquito Girl's legs, and we saw how regen almost caused Genos to lose since he was unable to recover the same way and progressively became more damaged. SK's situational regen may allow him to last longer, but I can see the scissor blade tearing him up badly with its level of striking. Ryuko isn't taking any permanent damage from SK as far as I can see, while the other one needs rain or a body of water to recover, which isn't as convenient (and the limits of his regen are lower than Ryuko's).

Avatar image for hey_thatsmildlyadequate
#10 Posted by Hey_Thatsmildlyadequate (1673 posts) - - Show Bio

Sea King broke through a missile proof shelter, not Nuke proof. Anyway I think Ryuko wins

#11 Posted by Aweirdgamer1 (526 posts) - - Show Bio

@rebake: DSK I think should be on par with Ryuko. I respect your opinion, but SK was able to regen from Genos’s blast (though it did depower him), a punch from genos that left a hole in the blast shelter, attacks from Purri Purri Prisoner,lightning max and SPOS. DSK was also able to keep up with SPOS, who can travel around 765 MPH (or faster). While DSK avid spit isn’t the fastest, it was still able to move a pretty decent speed, as DSK shot his spit from across the shelter to hit the girl. DSK also has his moray tounge, that was able to keep up with SPOS, and cut him.DSK also said his Moray tounge will not be able to let go when artached, so there’s that too.

#13 Posted by Aweirdgamer1 (526 posts) - - Show Bio

Bumper

#14 Posted by CyberpunkCop (3406 posts) - - Show Bio

Ryuko stomps much better damage output and regenration

#15 Posted by thelocust619 (7854 posts) - - Show Bio

She casually cut through two skyscrapers by swinging in their direction without even wearing the thing that gives her superpowers in the first place. She cuts DSK to pieces even if she's naked.

#16 Posted by Nervedamage (833 posts) - - Show Bio

Ryuko wins this and outclasses DSK with superior regeneration, Damage and speed.

#17 Posted by Gaoron (8965 posts) - - Show Bio

Wouldn't she be the most powerfull while naked? Never watched Kill la Kill but from what I've heard she and other females from that show get stronger the more naked they are or something. Either way DSK can't take her if the above feat is legit and she has speed to compete.

#18 Posted by Pierpat (5855 posts) - - Show Bio

Ryuko stomps much better damage output and regenration

This.

@gaoron said:

Wouldn't she be the most powerfull while naked? Never watched Kill la Kill but from what I've heard she and other females from that show get stronger the more naked they are or something.

That's... not how the series works at all.