RPG Scenario: Another World (Sign Ups Open)

• 124 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95
deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Introduction

This scenario came about cause I had enough time to start one, which is rare these days, and it's been a year since my last large scale scenario since my last one had 3 players and that was 5 months ago. So I thought it would be fun to do one again. As usual, my scenarios are different from most, heavy RP and heavy-handed hosting, if you've played my games before you know what I mean and if you haven't then too bad. Now, this scenario is going to be a messy one since essentially I had a PM with a bunch of different ideas for stories and games and since I couldn't decide what to do, I just Frankenstien'd them all together. So this will be a weird one, and the weirdness starts with this sign-ups for a couple of reasons, 1. The guides for character building is very different, there is a limit on how your characters should act and the tiers are not uniform. 2. This is an application-based sign-ups, it's not first come first serve. So the way things will work is you have to make a build and from your build, I will see if you can be accepted into this game, you can be rejected if your build clearly tries to break the already lax rules and also if you lack RPG elements (a proper backstory for your character and all that). I will also check if you have ever done a debate or RP'd before, people who have are given priority. Also, mood setter.

Building

This is the important part. If you want to build your character first and read the rest later, that's fine. Just make sure to browse the rest so that you get a gist of things and can tell whether things interest you or not. So the build limits for this game will be different. There will be a class system of sorts, but instead of separating characters by class we'll do it by archetype, meaning you have to make your character act like the archetype they are a part of. Also, tiers won't be strictly enforced, one archetype will be clearly stronger than another, but that does not matter since PvP is not encouraged anyway. Don't worry too much about the game's lore when building your character, the game starts when your character gets teleported into this game's dimension, so you can write whatever backstory you want from whatever time period and whatnot.

General Rules:

• If I say street tier I mean aim dodging speed, car throwing strength, car level durability and van busting energy projection. This means classic Cyclops level.
  • If I say high street tier I mean bullet timing speed, bus throwing strength, bullet tanking durability and tank-busting energy projection. This means Spider-Man level.
  • If I say mid-tier I mean hypersonic speed, building busting strength, building level durability and building busting energy projection. This means MCU Vision level.
  • Gear follows the same limits as high street tier powers.
  • When I say powerset or skillset that means you can take an entire set of powers from one character, when I just say power or skill it means you have to pick which power or skill you will get. So if you got Danny Phantom's powerset you get his flight, invisibility, ectoplasm blasts, ice blasts etc. but if you only have to pick a power you would have to pick which one of Danny Phantom's powers to get.
  • Getting someone's body does not affect your character's physical appearance but it means that your stats come from that body.
  • No powers from body or skill, no chi manipulation or acid spit for example.
  • Some characters can have limited hax while others can have any hax, those with limited hax may have the following powers: phasing (not integrability), telepathy (limited to mind reading only), telekinesis, poison manipulation, illusion casting, sight-based teleportation, transmutation, and invisibility. Anything even slightly beyond this list or not in this list is not permitted unless you have the any hax clause.
  • Any hax is not limitless though, time manipulation, reality-warping, abstract concept manipulation (i.e death inducement) and any abilit6y that would allow your character to harm N52 Superman in any discernable way is still banned.
  • Special abilities are not a real thing, they exist as consideration I give for your character, they aren't superpowers. You have no control over your special ability and your character isn't even going to be aware that they have a special ability.

Young Hero

Character: So, you want to build a young hero eh? Well, in terms of character you don't have to follow that many guidelines. But your character has to A) be inexperienced, awkward or otherwise naive in some way. B) Your character must be heroic, shocker I know. This means that your character must prioritise the safety of others and only kills as a last result. C) Your character has to be nice, not exactly a cookie-cutter vanilla protagonist but your character has to be friendly.

Powers: You can pick any 1 high street tier level powerset (hax is allowed).

Skill: Since your character is supposedly inexperienced you have no additional skills though you get the skills to use your chosen powerset.

Body: You can pick the body of any 1 street tier character. You would get all their stats, strength, speed and durability included.

Gear: You can bring pick any 1 piece of real-life gear, you get no special gear.

Special Ability: Protagonist Luck. As long as your character remains active you will have good luck, strong characters will praise you, villains will hate you, and love interests will develop feelings for you. Also, you won't die.

The Icon

Character: Since the Icon is the most powerful of the archetypes you must follow a strict guideline. Your character must act like Superman or All-Might meaning they must A) Have a strict moral code. B) Put others before themselves and have a strong empathy towards others. C) Act heroic and inspirational to a near obnoxious degree. D) Always hold back and can't kill under any circumstances. E) Have undying willpower. F) Can't be very smart.

Powers: You can pick 1 power of any mid-tier (no hax).

Skill: You can pick 1 skill of any character.

Body: You get to pick the body of 3 mid-tiers. You can choose which stat you want to get from them (from example DCEU Superman's speed, MCU Thor's strength, and Luke Cage's durability).

Gear: No gear for you.

Special Ability: The Comeback. Even when you are losing and supposed to be dead, I will allow your character to come back to life at full strength for a short bit.

The Genius

Character: When building the genius you get open interpretation regarding how you choose to implement the character guidelines. But just to get it out there, if you make a genius your character must be A) Logical. No dumb moves or emotional attacks, your character is a genius after all. B) Passionate. Your character has to be passionate about the subject they are a genius in, to what extent is up to you. C) Tactless. Your character does not have to be socially awkward per se, but they should have an obvious lack of tact unique to them.

Powers: 1 street-level power (any hax).

Skill: 3 skillsets.

Body: You can pick any 1 street leveller's body.

Gear: You get 1 piece of special gear and as much real-life gear as can fit into a duffle bag.

Special Ability: Checkmate. I'll let you metagame one time, just write it off as your character just being that smart.

The Trickster

Character: Your character is a trickster, they only have to be A) Smart. Because of course, and B) Fun. That's it.

Powers: You can pick any 1 high street tier level powerset (any hax).

Skill: You can get any 1 skillset from a character.

Body: You can pick any 1 street leveller's body.

Gear: You get 1 special gear.

Special ability: Loveable. Your character can be a jerk an people will still tolerate him.

The Goth

Character: A goth character is not necessarily a goth, but is more like an anti-hero. There are a few guidelines to follow but “goth” is a catch-all term I’m using so I’m keeping this open-ended. A) A goth character should be angsty and emo to some degree. B) A goth character can’t be naive and should be a negative nancy. C) Emotions aside from sadness and anger should be buried and hardly shown.

Powers: You can have 1 high street tier powerset (hax is allowed).

Skill: You can have any 1 skillset.

Body: You can have any 1 high street tier body to get your stats from.

Gear: You can have 1 piece of special gear.

Special ability: Rivalry. If you have a Young Hero in your party you get stronger as they get stronger.

Tinkerer

Character: Basically a genius but instead of being book smart your machine smart. The guidelines are A) Your character must be tough. B) Your character must be experienced. D) Your character must have a fascination with building things.

Powers: You can have 1 street tier power (hax is allowed).

Skill: You can have 2 skillsets, though one of them has to have an engineering skill.

Body: You can have a high street tier body to get your stats from.

Gear: You can have 2 special gears and as many real-life gears as you want, no single piece of gear can be bigger than your person and no nukes or anything crazy.

Special ability: Scrap. You find random scrap that is actually useful parts very frequently.

El Generico

Character: No limits, you can make them act how ever you want.

Powers: 2 street tier powers (no hax).

Skill: 1 skillset.

Body: 1 high street tier body.

Gear: 1 special gear.

Special ability: El Generico. You get nothing.

Setting\Story:

This section will give you a gist of what this world is about, nothing too in-depth but if you read through this you'll hopefully get an idea of what kind of world this is. I wrote this at midnight and never bothered to double-check so......(shows what kind of host I am).

Magic:

In this world, everyone is capable of using magic, at least in its limited form. The magic is under a hard magic system, here magic is all about mana manipulation, but unlike in other fantasy worlds, mana here isn’t merely the source of energy used for magic but is instead used as the material that gets manipulated itself, much like how benders use the elements. Now in this world, there are 5 types of mana that humans can manipulate, those being:

1. Blue mana- the mana of energy

This type of mana is malleable and is almost gel-like in construction. It is the most commonly used type of mana ad it can be used offensively and defensively. This type of mana is very dangerous as it is basically plasma, thus it is hot to the touch. Experienced practitioners can mould this type of mana into various intricate shapes such as dragons or flurry of knives, however blue mana only retains its shape for as long as the user concentrates on it.

Think Green Lantern constructs made out if blue lightsabers.

2. Red mana- the mana of destruction

Red mana is much more volatile and harder to shape. It is tar-like in construction, while blue mana is hot to the touch, red mana exploded when disturbed. It is used mainly for offence and bombardment by soldiers, though some also use small amounts If red mana for practical things like as fire starters or fuel.

Think lavabending.

3. Gold mana- the mana of healing

Gold mana is used for its healing properties. It can beal burns, scars and damaged organs in seconds. It is very light and easy to manipulate but it is fleeting and so must be used quickly after being drawn, or else it will vanish into thin air.

4. Pearl mana- the mana of construction

Pearl mana is extremely rare and can only be produced by certain crustaceans. Unlike all the other types of mana pearl mana is able to solidify, meaning it can hold its shape after being mould, not only that but it is safe to the touch. The rich use this type of mana to create expensive furniture or for jewellery. It is not recommended to be used for battle as it is very brittle, as such only certain archers use it as arrows that can change direction mid-flight.

5. Vortex mana- the mana of darkness

Vortex mana is the product of combining the three primary types of mana (those being blue, gold and red). It can only be wielded by incredibly powerful individuals and is extremely rare as only the King is capable of combining mana. Vortex mana is malleable like blue mana, destructive like red mana but fleeting like gold mana. It sucks all objects around it excluding its user with a strong gravitational pull, and anything that touches its surface is atomised instantly. Vortex has never actually been recorded to have existed but many experts on magic have theorised that it must exist and some people claim to have witnessed it in action though no accounts have been confirmed.

Where does mana come from?

Primary mana is produced by all living things, it is the energy that keeps all living things alive. Living organisms living in healthy environments often produce an excess amount of this life energy which then usually collects in streams of water where humans can draw it out. The person drawing it out is actually able to pick which type of mana they want, however it is easier to draw out certain types of mana depending upon your mood. Once drawn it is possible to change the type of the mana but that is an advanced technique available to only those who spent years practising. Mana can also be forcibly drawn out of living organisms however that is also an advanced technique and usually leaves the organism, whose mana is being drawn, fatigued and even lifeless in some cases if the practitioner draws too much life energy.

Special mana users:

Soldiers/Shinobi:

Soldiers, those trained in actual military academies and not just random goons. Are highly capable practitioners of mana manipulation. They can create weapons, use all types of primary mana and have the physical stats akin to MCU Captain America. Soldiers are adept at combat and often use staffs or batons as mediums to focus their bending through, often forming blue blades at the ends of their weapons. Most soldiers should be capable of manipulating enough mana to slice through vans and can manipulate large amounts of mana equal to their body size.

The Shinobi are equal in strength to the military's soldiers, though they are masters of stealth and quickness. The Shinobi originally came as warrior refugees from a distant nation who eventually started their own society within Kivalo, they are a militant group of warriors but are mostly peaceful and often work with the military of Kivalo.

Captains:

To become a military captain a soldier must display the ability to form intricate structures, the usual test is the creation of large dragon heads. Captains must also have the ability to think strategically and manipulate mana telekinetically, without any movements or mediums. Lastly, captains must have the ability yo forcibly draw out mana from other living creatures.

Admirals/Generals:

To become an admiral or general there are only two requirements 1. The soldier must have had created his own unique technique or attack, or modified an existing technique. 2. The solider must have demonstrated the ability to demolish mountains from a distance. Unofficially, an Admiral/General must adhere to a code of honour which limits what they can do in battle.

Shamans

The Shaman are an ancient and dwindling group of wizards that can use nature-based magic. They have mastered the art of turning mana into fuel for magic spells, they can do things like manipulating plants, put people to sleep, use clairvoyance and heal people. Though their magic is dependent on nature, they cannot use their abilities outside of places filled with nature. The shamans are often looked down upon as nomads, they separate themselves from society and thus are often seen as dirty and poor by the people. The shamans are currently dying out as their numbers fall below 500 members, all of whom are over the age of 60.

The Major Admirals:

The three most powerful members of the military are called Major Admirals, to be a Major Admiral one must have absolute mastery over their chosen techniques and must have power that can be matched only be another Major Admiral. If a Major Admiral is defeated in combat, he loses his title.

1. The Hybrid Beast

Nicknamed The Hybrid Beast, this Major Admiral has the unique ability to create monstrous constructs of giant mythical creatures out of both red and blue mana. He can create a dozen castle sized manticores out of blue mana with red mana shooting out of their tails, or a scorpion the size of a small mountain with a red mana imbued tail. His favourite creation being his Wyvern, a massive flying terror that spits balls of mana at opponents below. The Hybrid Beast is physically the strongest if the Major Admirals and enjoys fighting in the frontlines.

2. The Untouchable General

The nickname of the Untouchable General refers to this Major Admiral’s two masteries, his mastery over mana redirection and his mastery over multitasking. This Major Admiral has the ability to redirect any mana based attack away from him, no matter the size or volume of mana he always manages to bat away attacks with ease, even his fellow Major Admirals can’t touch him, which is where he gets the first part of his nickname. The second part of his nickname comes from his ability to control an army’s worth of mana at the same time, he can create and control millions of rapidly flying daggers out of blue mana in an instant. This is why they call him the general because he is a one-man army. The Untouchable General is the most cunning of the Major Admirals and enjoys planning traps from the safety of the city walls.

3. The Vanished

This Major Admiral has the uncanny ability to teleport and blow things up with a mere glance. No one knows what kind of mana this Major Admiral is using, it is theorised that he is manipulating mana in the quantum scale to achieve his strange abilities but those theories are unconfirmed. The Vanished is the oldest of the Admirals and comes from the first group of Major Admirals to ever assemble. The Vanished cannot use his abilities to blow up organic beings directly, though he can destroy entire cities with a single thought. The Vanished rarely takes part in military matters though he can be seen frequently wandering throughout the streets aimlessly, he is the most experienced and wisest of the Major Admirals.

The Enemy:

This section will breakdown the main villains of the story. Collectively they are known as the Brood. They are led by the Night King, a fallen Captain who became corrupted and now seeks the Crown. All members of the Brood either cannot or choose not to use mana offensively.

Poison Smith:

The Poison Smith is a sick individual, the son of an undertaker. He found himself fascinated with poisons, toxins, viruses, infections, diseases, and weapons. He became a public menace at an early age after he accidentally released a cloud of poison that killed everyone in his small town. Since then he has gone in and out of hiding, as he mastered the art of chemistry for nefarious goals. He has invented thousands of new poisons with his caldron, each of his poisons having different disfiguring effects on its target. The Poison Smith is also a lethal combatant, he carries knives, darts, axes and a variety of blades drenched in his poison and is proficient in their use. His fighting style is based on stealth and quickness, he does not care for large strikes since he knows that even a small break in his opponent's skin can mean victory for him. The Poison Smith's favourite poison is his specially crafted liquid ricin, ricin is a poison found in the seeds of the castor oil plant and it attacks internal organs, causing them to fail within hours. However, the Poison Smith's version is not only deadlier and causes more pain to its target, but also has the uncanny ability to multiply when exposed to oxygen That is to say that once the Poison Smith's ricin touches the air it creates more of itself. A person injected with 1 gram of the Poison Smith's ricin will have their bloodstream flooded by a litre of the stuff after 2 minutes. The Poison Smith is the Night King's most trusted adviser.

Summoner:

The Summoner is the guardian of the Black Cadron, a magical device capable of creating life. The Summoner, with the right ingredients, the Summoner can mould terrifying creatures straight out of his twisted mind and bring them to life with his caldron. With this power, the Summoner can create armies of monstrosities for the Night King, and he has. The Summoner is actually a misnomer as he creates life rather than summons it, however, it is thought that the Summoner actually summons souls from hell to possess his disgusting creations to go them life, which is where his name comes from. No one knows who the Summoner is or how he got the Black Caldron, though some think he was the son of an archaeologist couple who died in an explosion while in the middle of an expedition. The young Summoner was with them in the expedition and is said to have somehow survived, soon after finding his Black Caldron. The Summoner is the Night King's general.

The Hunter:

The Hunter is a world-renowned hunter, once respected for his unmatched skill, he was disgraced after he was found hunting human prey, but instead of hanging his head in shame the Hunter went all in and instead decided to massacre people for fun. The Hunter is the toughest man in the world, he is stronger and more durable than most strongmen, with no living being able to outmuscle him and few able to match his strength. Asides from his physical prowess, he also has superhuman skill in combat and has never failed in a hunt. The Hunter carries a few simple weapons with him, preferring brutal simplicity over planning. His prized weapons are his twin atom cutting blades he always carries and keeps at the ready. The Hunter also has the uncanny ability to smell his prey from across the globe, once he has your scent he can track you from anywhere. The Hunter serves at the Night Knight's strongest warrior and goto assassin.

The Night King:

The Night King is a former Captain of the military who was once a prized military strategist with a bright future ahead, many predicted that he would be the youngest Admiral in history. However, that all changed suddenly when he came into contact with the Night Armor that he now wears, the armor is impenetrable and gives the user great strength and power, it also repels all forms of mana completely. The only downside is that it completely infects the user's mind, whispering the user's most evil desires to them, slowly corrupting the user into turning into the dark side. This is what happened to the former military Captain when he came into contact with the armour, now he is known as the Night King, the leader of the Brood and the single most dangerous threat to the great nation of Kivalo.

The Setting

The Dimension

The dimension the story takes place in is a tipping point dimension. Imagine if the multiverse were set up as a spiralling staircase, wit each dimension represented by a step, this world would be the button step. This means that beings from other dimensions fall through dimensional wormholes are likely to end up here. This also means that this world's dimension is not very stable, being one of the oldest, leading to many-dimensional wormholes woven into the fabric of its reality. This means that many interdimensional travellers often go through this world, but in addition, there is an interdimensional event that takes place every 50 years wherein dozens of beings from other dimensions are suddenly teleported to this dimension, beings who didn't fall through interdimensional wormholes. This is how your characters got here. The current theory is that this dimension tries to stabilize its many-dimensional wormholes by plugging them, it just so happens that beings from other dimensions are brought here as well.

The Nation

The story will take place in the nation of Kivalo. I will mention other nations sometimes, but the story will take place within Kivalo's boarders. Kivalo is the largest, most advanced nation in the world, however, years of political and economic turmoil has made it weak. Not so weak that it is easily invadable, but weak enough that despite its size and technology it is no longer the world's superpower. Kivalo has a vast array of terrain and biomes that lay within its borders, though most of Kivalo lies within an urbanized desert. Think Ba Sing Se the size of Russia basically.

The Story

Your character is suddenly teleported into another world, an entirely different dimension and thrown into the nation of Kivalo, a nation under attack. Your character will have the urge to go home, either because of emotion and nostalgia and because your biology senses something is off with this dimension and irritates your character to go home. However, you can't go home until the threat of the Brood is stopped. since they are controlling interdimensional travel and stopping anyone from leaving or entering the dimension. The Brood is after the Crown which would give their leader the ability to control all magic in the universe.

Advancements:

Speed:

On my end, I will try to post whenever I can but I am not always online so bear with me, I have other hobbies. I will try to go online at least once every other day. On your end, try to post at least once every 3 days, and at least post a "still interested" every 5 days, because if you go 5 days with no posts you will be automatically kicked. As with my other games, you can post as many times as you want and there is no limit.

Quality:

On my end, I will try my best to make quality posts that make sense and that is descriptive. On your end, just be IC and be interesting. Try to think about what your character would do instead of what is the best thing you can do in a situation and how to make that IC. Before you drop thinking that this is too complex, TLDR just do what you have been doing for a while for example in Prime's recent scenario, posts like these would be 100% acceptable (this, this or this), now you can do better than that if you want or even less than that but you will not be required to, in the end just don't be like this idiot.

Battles:

Basically I won't make CaV style posts or threads. When you are in a battle just remember to link feats and give a brief explanation of why you should be able to do something. Here is an exaple

P1, Starting Action: Sweet dripping down his neck, Zack clenches his fists. "I have one shot at this, I have to make it count" he says to himself, before blasting his engines at full speed, charging at his opponent with all of his might.

P2, Response: Bob senses the danger coming and using his great speed dodges the attack "Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. Too slow Zacky boy." he taunts grinning. He then pulls out his blades and sends them flying at his opponent.

Auto Fight:

Basically, if you send me your feats beforehand, you won't have to debate most of the time since I know what you should be capable of.

Rules

1. Make a build within the limits (if I ask for feats please give them to me).
  2. Do not insult other players or me.
  3. I will try to be fair but please respect my authority.
  4. You must be able to post at least once a week but if everyone else posts before you, we will not wait for you (if you are the last one to post you have at most 48 hours to post or to reply that you are still interested).
  5. No metagaming, cheating or any kind of tricks.
  6. Break any of the rules and expect to be punished.

Asides from that, the most import rule is to have fun. Also always ask questions, this is as complete as I can make it without it being a wall of text but I am sure that I missed some things, so ask me anything you want to know about the game and don't assume that anything not in here is fair game.

SeaGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reserve

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reserve if possible

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@major_hellstrom: quick question. If I decided to use New 52 midnighter for the body, would the battle computer come with it?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaverlation: Hmm, I guess but it's pushing it. Though it seems more like a powerset than a single power.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SeaGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SeaGod

@major_hellstrom: here's a WIP build

No Caption Provided

Name: Ethan Eliss

Class: Tinkerer

Body: MCU Spiderman

Skillsets: 616 Spiderman,

Power: Encounter(Medaka Box)

Special Gear: Orion Kyutama and Seiza Blaster, Grand Zi-O Ridewatch

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@major_hellstrom: another question: healing factors don't come with the bodies you choose right?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for gilgameshthepimptoendallpimps
GilgameshThePimpToEndAllPimps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RikuYamaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Big reserve

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jucaslucasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reserve me

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@major_hellstrom: But not limited, so you couldn't take something with power negation as an icon?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jucaslucasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Jucaslucasa

@major_hellstrom: As a Trickster, can I get that Karma manipulation I mentioned earlier? It can do the following things:

1 - Make people owe me money (I point at them, and a promissory note appears in my hand)

2 - Attack representations of enemies (If they send an astral projection or MCU Loki-like illusion in front of me, I can harm them through the projection/illusion)

3 - Steal gear (Can use Karma to steal the ownership of gear. Say, if it's like a weapon that only the Chosen One can use, I can control Karma and make it so that I'm the new owner and can use it fine)

4 - Erase memories (Sever the Karma of person A with person B, and both will forget the other exist. I can use it to make people forget I exist, but I'll end up forgetting them as well).

5 - Tracking people (Can track people if I've met them before, or through a person close to them, or through an object they own).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@major_hellstrom: If a special piece of gear comes in a set of 2 (i.e. 2 swords), but both have different properties, do I get both or do I have to choose?

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 emperorthanos-  Moderator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@major_hellstrom: Res me a spot. I might have a build in a bit. Just getting a few things together

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By emperorthanos-  Moderator

@major_hellstrom: I'll be an Icon. What's the DC limit for the power and strenght? And how fast can he be. Just mid tier is a bit vague

edit: nevermind you specified.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Vertigo-

@major_hellstrom: So, do I have to specify what normal gear I want, assuming all I want is materials to build stuff with. Also, gonna be a tinkerer.

Also, want a ruling on a piece of gear. Aphrodite IX's integrated computer. Basically lets her analyze and learn new things (languages, piloting vehicles, etc), gives her inbuilt scanners, and gives her predictive combat analysis. I have all the feats if you want to look at them

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Vertigo-
No Caption Provided

Gonna go ahead and post my build as is

• Name: Allison Carter
  • Class: Tinkerer
  • Power: Forge (616)
  • Skill: Forge (616), Tony Stark (616)
  • Body: Aphrodite IX
  • Special Gear: Aph IX integrated computer, Instant Fortress
  • Normal Gear: Shitload of crafting materials, housed in my IF
  • Bio: TBD

@major_hellstrom

Backstory:

Allison was constructed in a lab to be a weapon to take over the world with. They wanted something to control. Unfortunately, they made their creation too smart for their own good. She attained sentience thanks to her A.I and decided that being a weapon was not what she wanted. So she slapped them down, blew up their lab, and set to out to live life the way she wanted to.

Years later, she was an accomplished engineer who was completely independent. She mainly spent her days designing things and kicking ass in her favorite MMO's, raiding weekly as well as talking to her party. Life was fun for Allison and she had settled in comfortably. While gaming one day, she began to notice a light emitting from her computer. Thinking the damn thing was gonna catch fire, she began to check the tower for overheating. Nothing wrong there, then she began to check the monitor, only to get sucked into it! She was dropped into a place she had never been, seeing things she had never seen!. A new adventure had begun for Ally!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vertigo-: It would be better if you did. Since it would be too convenient if later on you just say that you happen to have the materiel you need since you said you’d bring crafting materials.

That’s fine. Doesn’t sound OP at all.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: Yeah, you can reserve.

Also to your question before, you won't get any powers from your body. But if you want to be 9 feet tall with claws and 4 arms, you can be. Also you can have a versatile magic set as long as all your spells are within rules, hopefully not borderline though since having multiple spells near the limits is OP>

OldKaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: Yeah, you can reserve.

Also to your question before, you won't get any powers from your body. But if you want to be 9 feet tall with claws and 4 arms, you can be. Also you can have a versatile magic set as long as all your spells are within rules, hopefully not borderline though since having multiple spells near the limits is OP>

I read the rules and deleted the question.

Most of the spells I plan to use are anywhere from strong enough to blow apart a mid-sized, or do weird effects like create walls or dispel magical effects and stuff.

Genius okay if I go the Magic/Enchanter route?

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: Well if you want a set of magic spells you’d need a powerset and Genius only allows a single power.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Vertigo-

@major_hellstrom: Well, in terms of materials, I'd want 10-30 tonnes of Wood, Steel and other metals (such as copper and other electrical conducting metals), Concrete, Glass, Stone & various Plastics. Also throw in an Engineers workshop (think MCU Tony Stark's workshop, minus the 3-D projectors, Cars and Jarvis). Like the presses, and whatnot. None of it is uncommon AFAIK. As well, throw in various soddering materials and whatnot, such as what one would find in the batcave, or even Oliver Queens Arrowcave from Arrow.

I can't really think of much else atm. Considering my workshop is 20 feet wide and 30 feet high, it should all fit inside rather nicely

OldKaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@major_hellstrom: If I were to go with a genius, could I take Zoroark’s illusions for a power?

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Floopay

@major_hellstrom:

Dagon Virgo

The Godslayer, The Ancient Horror, Horder of Monsters, Vanquisher of Heroes, Scourge of the Living, Master of the Undead

No Caption Provided

Dagon Virgo was born roughly fifteen hundred years ago. Not much is known of his childhood, other than that he was a pickpocket and a bully at the age of ten. It was around this time he was caught cutpursing the ladies of the noble district, and was finally imprisoned.

From here, he was forced into a brief military service; which ended abruptly when he and his squad had left for a patrol along the highway; at the age of 15. No one in his patrol was ever heard from again; save for himself. Dagon resurfaced twenty years later in the service of Stephen Fate, a renowned magician in all regards. Stephen was most known for heroic deeds such as slaying Necromancers, Death knights, evil Lords, and demons of all sorts. It was said that Stephen stored much of the artifacts, spells, and scrolls from his endeavors in a hidden vault only he could access.

Dagon grew from servant to apprentice, and spent many of the next twenty years with his master, who was nearing two centuries at the time (yet retained eternal youth, due to one spell or another). It was around this time that many reported Dagon's sudden fascination with his master's eternal life. His master refused to yield the secret, stating that to live forever is a curse, and that it was locked away with many of his other secrets. Within the next ten years, Stephen Fate and Dagon vanished from the world. Rumor has it, that Dagon learned the whereabout of his master's vault, and slew his master and drained his life force to later be used as a key to access it.

Nearly a century later, Dagon's reign of terror began on humanity. He appeared not as the old man of legend; but as something greater, and more twisted. With bone the knitted together in fight, and who often slew the holy men of legend who dared to stand in his way. What was worse, is there were nearly two dozen tales of Dagon's demise. There are said to be three instances where the heroes returned with the head of Dagon; which was later mummified and put on display at various museums. However, despite the three severed heads of Dagon; within a few weeks he would always turn up elsewhere. Only to start his reign all over again.

Virgo disappeared and reappeared over and over for the next 1300 years, gathering more supplies, servants, and armies to guard his hidden vault. Nobody knew it's location; but there were rumors that he had gathered over a million undead servants to guard it's gates. But one day that changed. One day, a survivor, a mage nonetheless, returned from Dagon's secret location. It is said the survivor gave up the location, and the world went to war.

Armies upon armies fell upon the Hidden Vault. For the next hundred years, holy crusades, warlords seeking treasure, and nations in fear gathered against an army whose numbers were more swollen than any could hope. Until finally one day the unholy nation had been driven back to one hidden vault, whose magic could not be breached. There, Virgo remained trapped for nearly a century. Until one day, a wizard of equal power ripped open the fortified magic portal, and brought Virgo to his knees.

The undead wizard was destroyed, and an object containing his soul was discovered shortly thereafter. An object, they theorized, if destroyed would kill the very thing itself. Originally, it was unanimous that the world be rid of the wizard forever. However, a group of heroes and holy men had another idea. Instead, they stored the object in an unconsecrated area surrounded by consecrated ground, and magically fortified to limit his abilities. From here, they offered him a deal. His soul was their's, and there was nothing he could ever do to retrieve it. However, his body could be allowed to leave. It could be allowed to wander outside the walls of his prison on occasion. But only to serve their purposes.

Dagon accepted this responsibility, reluctantly. To this day, he is sent out on occasion to fight the greatest evils of mankind.

The Goth

Powers: Lichdrow Dyrr

Skill: Gromph Baenre

Body: Inuyasha

Gear: Robe of the Archmage of Menzoberranzan

Robe Stats: It's stronger than platemail, provides heavy elemental resistances, and stores a crapload of spell components. Enough that he doesn't need to collect any extras throughout a 6 book series.

Special Request: Can I be in the party of someone REALLY upbeat. I totally wanna clash personalities hard. :P

Thanks for reading,

Floopay