RotS Obi-Wan Kenobi vs AotC Dooku

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By DrF8

"Star Wars : Revenge of the Sith" version of Obi-Wan Kenobi.

"Star Wars : Attack of the Clones" version of Count Dooku.

Only movie versions.

Takes place in the Geonosis Arena.

Who would win in a combat between these two?

Mije_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Mije_101

Dooku

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mije_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's still a superior swordsman to Kenobi during AotC, Kenobi won't be cutting him down. And while Dooku probably won't penetrate his defense, his force powers will surely give him the win.

Avatar image for beingfatissupercool
Beingfatissupercool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kenobi easily .

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

How would Kenobi be cutting Tyranus down with ease? I'm more than certain now that @beingfatissupercool has a predisposed bias against Tyranus. Dooku would be challenged physically but would ragdoll him with the Force.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kenobi.....Wasn't he beating him in the RotS fight before Dooku started using the force. I figure if we're using Kenobi from right after the Anakin fight he can do it.

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By NinjaWarrior268

Dooku. Obi-Wan may have gotten better in the time between episode 2 and 3 but it wasn't as big an improvement as Anakin's. Also, it doesn't make much a diffrence if we use episode 2 Dooku instead of episode 3 because Dooku is so old

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, Kenobi was not beating Tyranus at all. Tyranus had to contend with both Kenobi and Anakin, and no source ever depicted Kenobi as ever getting any sort of edge with the blade. In the film, Tyranus was dueling both Kenobi and Anakin at once, and he was able to Choke and hurl Kenobi even whilst kicking Anakin. In the novel, Kenobi has no success in his offense and only succeeds in defending himself, and later Tyranus kicks him down and then hurls him into a wall to incapacitate him. In the comic, it's even worse. Kenobi just charges into the Count and gets swiftly incapacitated by a single kick.

Kenobi has never been portrayed as being able to get an edge over Dooku, and G-canon already indicated that Dooku is a tier above (or rather, in the tier above) Obi-Wan as a swordsman. Regardless, even if Kenobi did ever get an edge in a duel, then Tyranus would just call upon the Force to dispose of Kenobi as he did in RotS.

okayalright_44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By okayalright_44

No, Kenobi was not beating Tyranus at all. Tyranus had to contend with both Kenobi and Anakin, and no source ever depicted Kenobi as ever getting any sort of edge with the blade. In the film, Tyranus was dueling both Kenobi and Anakin at once, and he was able to Choke and hurl Kenobi even whilst kicking Anakin. In the novel, Kenobi has no success in his offense and only succeeds in defending himself, and later Tyranus kicks him down and then hurls him into a wall to incapacitate him. In the comic, it's even worse. Kenobi just charges into the Count and gets swiftly incapacitated by a single kick.

Kenobi has never been portrayed as being able to get an edge over Dooku, and G-canon already indicated that Dooku is a tier above (or rather, in the tier above) Obi-Wan as a swordsman. Regardless, even if Kenobi did ever get an edge in a duel, then Tyranus would just call upon the Force to dispose of Kenobi as he did in RotS.

this.

Beingfatissupercool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova:

There was unbalance in the world , Dooku was better because the darkside was boosting him, while giving Kenobi disadvantage .

Loading Video...

3:09

Why do you think Anakin became so powerful in the sudden when he became sith , even tough he didn't learn anything new yet ? Because he was using the darkside now , and so he's been given a boost because he has no longer the disadvantage of the light side , and been give the boost of th darkside .

Why do you think Yoda lost against Sidious and Windu didn't ? Even tough Yoda is better than Windu ?Because Windu's channels the darkside back against Sidious and ignores these advantage that the darksiders have .

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beingfatissupercool: All that says is that the dark side clouded the Jedi's minds. It said nothing about decreasing their performance, unless I misheard him.

Beingfatissupercool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well the limitation of the lightside isn't been said i agree .

But the fact that some darksiders get a boost has been mentioned in the way of '' but the galaxy as it exists now is a fertilise place for Maul to live as he is so powerful within the darkside and able to channel it because of his teachings from Sidious .

But i agree that it's not meaning that the Jedi are hindered .

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beingfatissupercool: That said nothing to contradict me. It's a fertile place for Maul, good for him. It was referring to his own innate power as well, and that the situation would be better for him. That's it.

Beingfatissupercool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova:

It means it isn't for Maul only .

It means the universe is furtilise for everyone as long if they are being powerful within the darkside, and if they are able to channel it thanks to teachings from Sidious .

So i don't see how this wouldn't count for Dooku .

So in the worst case i accept that you have to be taught by Sidious to benefit from this unbalance in the force .

But it should be assumed any well trained sith gets an advantage from the unbalance .

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beingfatissupercool: It's a pretty ambiguous, and it's open to interpretation.

LOL at "Count for Dooku".

Beingfatissupercool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ShootingNova

@beingfatissupercool: No. There's already an explanation. The fact that you always have to run around in desperation to try and search for these explanations should tell you that you might want to revise your theory because they could very well be flawed.

okayalright_44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aotc Dooku in the movies still include contending with Yoda and beating Kenobi handily, using force lighting, collapsing ceilings, and tossing heavy pillars with TK. Film only he's still ahead of Kenobi in skill and power as per feats.

That's why Dooku wins.

Beingfatissupercool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova:

An explanation that's not waterproof .

An explanation that's not even been acknowledged by Lucasarts or George Lucas .

And can i just say that what i just said doesn't contradict ANYTHING of your '' explanations '' ?

So i don't know why you are bringing up the things in that last post you posted .

EDIT : Are we ignoring quotes from directors now ?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beingfatissupercool: Oh, it certainly is. It's not just a matter of my opinion, it's a matter of the people who run around and be selective with the material that they accept.

okayalright_44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova:

An explanation that's not waterproof .

An explanation that's not even been acknowledged by Lucasarts or George Lucas .

And can i just say that what i just said doesn't contradict ANYTHING of your '' explanations '' ?

So i don't know why you are bringing up the things in that last post you posted .

EDIT : Are we ignoring quotes from directors now ?

I'm starting to wonder, at this point, if you're being a contrarian beingfatissupercool?

Beingfatissupercool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I accept everything , with the logic Lucasarts ( Starwars Database ) > Movies / Series / SoD > Legends > George Lucas / Directors / Deleted scenes > Staff .

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ShootingNova

lol at Lucasarts > Lucas.

Beingfatissupercool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beingfatissupercool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

okayalright_44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I made this battle, cause i thought it might be pretty fair as RotS Anakin > RotS Dooku ( who is either > or = to AotC Dooku ). And RotS Obi-Wan was able to defeat RotS Anakin. Right?

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I accept everything , with the logic Lucasarts ( Starwars Database ) > Movies / Series / SoD > Legends > George Lucas / Directors / Deleted scenes > Staff .

It's actually simpler than that now.

Film/TV + Any New Material > Everything Else.

Beingfatissupercool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drfate:

Yes E X A C T L Y .

Also Sidious mentioning in the novel Anakin being the most powerful sith ever , except for himself .

But Kenobi < Rots Dooku that's the problem .

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beingfatissupercool: i think ot was kinda PIS, so that we can have the scene where Sidious tells Anakin to kill Dooku, And that Obi-Wan does not hear that...

Beingfatissupercool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drfate:

That along with many others lol .

okayalright_44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By okayalright_44

@drfate said:

I made this battle, cause i thought it might be pretty fair as RotS Anakin > RotS Dooku ( who is either > or = to AotC Dooku ). And RotS Obi-Wan was able to defeat RotS Anakin. Right?

That doesn't make any sense. Rots Kenobi has shown the skill to contest against Yoda, battle and defeat Aotc Anakin level and Aotc Obi-wan level characters handily, and the power to collapse ceilings, and toss large pillars in the films? In the the movie alone Dooku stomped Obi-wan with the force whilst physically disposing of Anakin, and Aotc Dooku is not that far off from Rots Dooku. Andn neither RotS Kenobi or Dooku increased much in power, going by the films alone. Dooku is also still ahead Kenobi lightsaber skill with his aforementioned showings.

When compare feats (which is what we do here in battle forums) of AotC Dooku to RotS Obi-wan, the former's feats is the clear superior and you're faulty ABC logic does not compute in the slightest.

Don't make threads for characters you're not knowledgeable or a have a clear predispositions for. We

Beingfatissupercool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

okayalright_44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@okayalright_44 said:

@drfate said:

That doesn't make any sense. Rots Kenobi has shown the skill to contest against Yoda, battle and defeat Aotc Anakin level and Aotc Obi-wan level characters handily, and the power to collapse ceilings, and toss large pillars in the films? In the the movie alone Dooku stomped Obi-wan with the force whilst physically disposing of Anakin, and Aotc Dooku is not that far off from Rots Dooku. Andn neither RotS Kenobi or Dooku increased much in power, going by the films alone. Dooku is also still ahead Kenobi lightsaber skill with his aforementioned showings.

When compare feats (which is what we do here in battle forums) of AotC Dooku to RotS Obi-wan, the former's feats is the clear superior and you're faulty ABC logic does not compute in the slightest.

Don't make threads for characters you're not knowledgeable or a have a clear predispositions for. We

Rots Kenobi ? Lol

Can you enlighten me on what's so funny other than me wasting my time with you two?

okayalright_44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol at a website being over the movies.

Beingfatissupercool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@okayalright_44:

It are Disney's words .

It's like having a site named www.GeorgeLucas.com owned by George Lucas when he still owns lucasarts .

I don't see how you can't get that everything stating in that database is the opinion of Disney .

The current creator of StarWars .

Beingfatissupercool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beingfatissupercool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Laurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@okayalright_44: 3 years later... You said Kenobi, when you were talking about Dooku.

Avatar image for emperor_jar_jar
Emperor_Jar_Jar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Emperor_Jar_Jar

Hmm. Dooku stomps. But why only movie versions? Only makes this fight more unfair.

playerx-tr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By playerx-tr

Dooku

Laurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see what about the figjht between Anakin, Obi and Dooku made you think Obi could beat him on bis own, he gets ragdolled pretty early on.