• 58 results
Avatar image for deactivated-6034d0d6dcbf4
deactivated-6034d0d6dcbf4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll ROTS Dooku vs AOTC Yoda - Force Only (41 votes)

ROTS Dooku 32%
AOTC Yoda 68%

CONTENDERS:

No Caption Provided

VS

CONDITIONS:

- In character

- Fight in Geonosis' hangar

- NO PIS/WIS

"Yoda and Dooku were almost equals, with the little Jedi Master having perhaps a slight edge over his former Padawan."

-- Fact File v3 #34

"Dooku is surprised when his old master, Yoda, arrives. After equalling each other with feats of Force power, they ignite their blades and clash in an explosive duel. Yoda's acrobatic style is matched by Dooku's finesse and the fight ends with Yoda electing to save Obi-Wan and Anakin from death rather than defeat his old Padawan."

-- 2017 Journey to Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Trading Card #112

George Lucas: You can't just go right into the sword fight, so I decided to go back to The Empire Strikes Back of throwing things at each other, even though I knew they were equal to each other, so it was a hopeless gesture and they would've figured that out in two seconds. But for the audience it's nice for them to go through this process of everybody throwing everything around.

Source -- Attack of the Clones DVD Commentary

Dooku had at his disposal a Sith holocron. This powerful and ancient dark side resource enhanced his own powers and helped to entice other Force users into the Separatist cause." -- Star Wars Fact File Issue #116

"As the Clone Wars reached their conclusion, Dooku became increasingly confident in his abilities" -- Star Wars: Episode III Souvenir Guide.

"Dooku's powers grew noticeably during the Clone Wars."

-- Fact File v3 #78

"But before they can escape, they come face-to-face with a determined Count Dooku, who is more powerful than ever."

-- 2015 Topps Star Wars Journey to the Force Awakens #12 Rematch with Dooku

LET'S HAVE FUN

No Caption Provided

• 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ViperSixteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

It depends on how seriously you take the idea that Yoda grew between AotC and RotS, or whether you think George retconned his view of Yoda being Dooku level to Sidious level given how is vision for SW evolved and how he and/or Lucasfilm wanted to hype the villains of each Prequel at the time they came out.

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Plo Koon solos

subline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

While I do think Dooku and Yoda are close considering their encounter in AOTC, I don't think their brief scuffle with TK is enough to draw definitive conclusions. Yoda stalemated Sidious in ROTS, and in a vision he had during TCW, whilst I believe Dooku is close to Sidious, I don't believe there's anything sufficient to suggest that he can stalemate him nor do I think it makes sense narrative wise.

As for the different versions, I doubt that a couple of extra years of experience is going to make any noticeable difference to this battle.

Yoda wins in a good fight.

MattyBoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yoda stomps.

Mrsportsguy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Mrsportsguy13  Online

Still Yoda

KingFrieza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One was choked across the galaxy by palps, the other stalemated him.

Avatar image for deactivated-61215780523f9
deactivated-61215780523f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dooku was doing pretty well against Yoda despite being somewhat exhausted in AOTC.

In a later battle, Dooku even manages to tag Yoda with lighting, so its fair to say he was getting better.

I'd say AOTC Yoda and ROTS Dooku are true equals.

50/50

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finally, the issue number.

No Caption Provided

G_Race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yoda wins via superior TK advantage. I think if both were pushed to their limits the little green freak asserts his dominance. Dooku does have lightning as an offensive force edge, but Yoda's tutaminis was great enough to hold off the emperor so it should here too.

Void_Reborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yoda by a very slim margin.

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Bayman007

Yoda is superior as proven in AotC, When he easily dealt with everything Dooku could dish out. Dooku pushed himself, and Yoda Casually dismissed all of his efforts.

Oh, and GLs statement doesn't contadict the Movie either, as he was just refering to throwing things. Yoda being Superior is what George intended.

Dooku looses once again.

Lord_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dooku, via being more powerful than his AOTC incarnation who was equal to this version of Yoda, as per G-canon statements.

TakenStew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TakenStew22  Online

Lol, those pics are pure bait.

ViperSixteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_tenebrous: don’t u dare take koon’s name in vain you douche 😤😤

DirtyLuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really like this battle!

If we follow the logic that most combatants reached impressive heights during and especially at the end of the Clone Wars, then Dooku should be the victorious fighter. Sources such as this support this claim: "The two Force warriors attempted to defeat each other with displays of telekinesis and other Force abilities, but they were too evenly matched" ~ Lightsabers: A Guide to the Weapons of the Force.

He already equaled Yoda for a short encounter in AotC and his prime abilities from RotS should provide him with an advantage.

Strictly following this material, Dooku would be the logical winner, though I personally think Yoda would win. His powers during AotC were already 850+ years into training and scratching godliness, I personally do not believe that these 4 years of war added such an insanly huge amount to his combat prowess and seeing as RotS Yoda would beat RotS Dooku, I think my line of thought is made clear. I could be convinced otherwise but this is what I say today :)

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a close fight but Yoda should still take it. As he said "much to learn you still have", and while did learn some more, I doubt it was enough to take a majority.

LevTarkovski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 LevTarkovski  Online

Yoda is superior as proven in AotC, When he easily dealt with everything Dooku could dish out. Dooku pushed himself, and Yoda Casually dismissed all of his efforts.

Oh, and GLs statement doesn't contadict the Movie either, as he was just refering to throwing things. Yoda being Superior is what George intended.

Dooku looses once again.

This.

Redshift_Bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yoda can simply outlast Dooku here, if Anakin can run Dooku’s force reserves down with physical combat, Yoda can with the Force.

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bayman007 said:

Dooku looses once again.

This.

That's not what was said. Lucas said that because they are equals of each other, a telekinetic contest would be useless:

"I started out doing it fairly conservatively where he just came and fought, that really didn't work. And it was actually uh... much of the people sort of in editorial were saying 'y'know we gotta make more out of this, you gotta use Jedi powers, you gotta, you can't just go right into the swordfight.' So, I decided to go back to the Empire Strikes Back of throwing things at each other even though I knew they were equals of each other, so it was a hopeless gesture, they would have figured that out in two seconds. For the audience it actually, it's nice for them to go through this process of everyone throwing everything around."

-- George Lucas

They are just as powerful, so drawing on their powers in an attempt to defeat one another would be futile.

Even if the quote was referring solely to telekinesis -- it wasn't -- that still cements their equality. You cannot separate strength in the Force to using its power to lift and hurl objects. If Yoda and Dooku are equal in their ability to lift objects with the Force, that means they are equally powerful. To contend otherwise would be like saying defeating someone in a sprint-race doesn't mean the winner is faster, or being able to arm curl heavier weights than someone doesn't mean your biceps are stronger. One is dependent on the other, irrevocably linked.

Plus, Lucas himself links throwing objects to personal power:

"The idea of Vader using telekinetic powers during his fight with Luke was created during story meetings. There was concern, however, that the audience might think back to the first film and wonder why Vader didn't use all his powers on Ben; but this was easily explained by the fact that Ben was probably stronger than Vader. George Lucas and Leigh Brackett also discussed the different levels of the Force; maybe Ben was a six, Vader was a four, Luke is now at level two."

-- Star Wars, The Annotated Screenplay

So you fail nonetheless. Dooku was equal to Yoda in Episode II.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

You can even see the strain in Yoda's movements.

Avatar image for thebluedragon20
thebluedragon20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While dooku and Yoda are near equals in the force, you can't deny that Yoda has an answer for everything dooku can dish out, and he has better feats than dooku. I imagine that If Yoda was more aggressive with the force, he could deflect what dooku sends his way and send it back with slightly more power.

Avatar image for manofthunderbolts65
Manofthunderbolts65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still Yoda or stalemate

CT-5555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yoda can win by virtue of simply wearing down Dooku but it would be a good fight.

FloLikeYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering that Yoda didn’t really went to many missions or had many duels during the clone wars, I think it’s safe to say that he didn’t grew that much. He should still be decisively above Dooku if you ask me.

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bayman007:

See the pics. Little green freak gets electrocuted.

GG.

Void_Reborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richard96:

All of the evidence suggests otherwise ;-)

Avatar image for redhood_jaytodd
RedHood_JayTodd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yoda wins eventually, but Dooku gives him a run for his money.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bayman007:

Like the guy who created them stating flat out they are equals in the Force as of AOTC, sure.

Your acute comprehension of written texts has been noted.

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Bayman007

@richard96: Wrong. He said they were equal at throwing things around, in an old quote. That's all. So it's not the same. This doesn't contradict the movie either, as i already said, because we saw when the film was released that Yoda was infact Superior to Dooku. As GL intended. Facts.

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dooku ragdolls this Yoda. In AotC despite being exhausted by fighting Yoda-level FoB! Anakin and winning he then takes on Yoda himself and equals him, pushing him to the point where he's utterly exhausted and can barely lift a pillar.

Then add the ragdoll gaps Dooku leaps over the war and this just is not fair.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richard96 said:

@bayman007:

Your inability to properly comprehend a basic written statement has been noted.

No Caption Provided

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

G_Race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By G_Race

I don't see Dooku winning this. The problem for Yoda is that we just don't see offensive combat application via force use. One has to believe that if pressed he would dwarf the Count with 800+ years of TK application. I mean he is the avatar of light and the leader of the Jedi for a reason. Dooku although powerful in his own right failed at every turn actively trying to kill Yoda. It often seems Yoda just wants to subdue who he fights (save for Palpatine) That green thing was definitely going for the kill there.

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Necromancer76  Online

This thread -__-

G_Race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@necromancer76:

What an informative comment. We all collectively thank you for your insightful words.....

Galatea_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sidious could effortlessly force choke Dooku across the Galaxy

He couldn't with Yoda

It's clear who is superior

ferriserris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ferriserris

Is this even real?

Yoda never usually goes all out, the only time he did was during his battle with sidious in ROTS.

A serious Yoda would overwhelm dooku much like how Anakin did in ROTS.

Lord_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@galatea_ said:

Sidious could effortlessly force choke Dooku across the Galaxy

He couldn't with Yoda

It's clear who is superior

Sidious caught Dooku off guard and Dooku trying to resist would be moronic since it would result in further punishment.

Galatea_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Galatea_

@lord_god: Yoda too was caught off guard but Sidious had to use lighting instead of a force choke.

If Dooku was anywhere near equal Sidious then Sidious wouldn't be able to punish as casually as he did, that's why Dooku serves Sidious not because they are equals but because he's beneath him and wants to grow more power.

Void_Reborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Void_Reborn

@galatea_ said:

@lord_god: Yoda too was caught off guard but Sidious had to use lighting instead of a force choke.

If Dooku was anywhere near equal Sidious then Sidious wouldn't be able to punish as casually as he did, that's why Dooku serves Sidious not because they are equals but because he's beneath him and wants to grow more power.

Okay? By your logic Yoda >>>>>>> Sidious because Yoda also ragdolled him while off-guard.

By your logic Sidious >>>>>> Yoda because Sidious ragdolled him with lightning while off-guard.

So, which is it?

Neither.

Sidious isn't >>>>>>>>> Dooku because he force choked him. Is Sidious >>>>>> Vader because he punishes him with force lightning and Vader rarely resists? No. Same with Dooku.

Galatea_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Galatea_

@void_reborn: Yoda isn't above Sidious because they stalemated each other and were both able to knock down the other with force attacks.

Vader and Dooku ARE below Sidious lmao.

If Dooku was anywhere near Sidious then you're implying that Anakin could have solo'd Sidious.

Void_Reborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@galatea_:

Yoda isn't above Sidious because they stalemated each other

So did Dooku and Yoda.

Vader and Dooku ARE below Sidious lmao

Doesn't matter. The point is them getting punished by Sidious's force attacks do not suddenly make them drastically inferior because he can do that to them. It's a master-apprentice situation. Has nothing to do with their parity in actual combat.

If Dooku was anywhere near Sidious then you're implying that Anakin could have solo'd Sidious.

You're ignoring context behind the Anakin and Dooku fight by making this statement. Anakin has a stylistic advantage over Dooku and has him trounced in physicals. Dooku is also easily tired out and had to fight both Kenobi and Skywalker at the same time before it turned into a single duel with Anakin. Anakin's use of Djem So puts all of his strength to bear against Dooku because Makashi is unable to muster enough kinetic output to meet his strikes head on without giving in. That amplified with Anakin's rage amp sealed the deal for his loss.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers