Muhammad Ali

Avatar image for deactivated-5a853424245e3
deactivated-5a853424245e3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Rocky, quite easily. He just tanks hits left and right with little to no consequences. Stallone though, he'd get murdered. He had to be hospitalized just from sparring with Dolph Lundgren during the beginning of their fight in Rocky IV. To quote, "Hey I got an idea, for the first 45 seconds, really try to knock me out, I mean go for it," Stallone explains. "Bad idea. He comes across—boom, boom! He catches me in the chest. Woah. Cut, cut cut, I am directing so I can do that. CUT CUT. He says, 'What?' I said, 'What? I thought I had a car accident!"

Also, I'm fairly certain these threads aren't allowed for the same reason Bruce Lee VS. Chuck Norris threads aren't.

WeAreTheFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WeAreTheFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By WeAreTheFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sanitrize1999 said:

@linsanel_doctor: Rocky does to?

Rocky's more of a brick that doesn't know to dodge. He takes more punishment from fighters that can hit harder than Ali, similar to who he's partially based off, Rocky Marciano .

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WeAreTheFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain_Clown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Muhammad Ali beat Superman hth. That puts him at planet-busting level and probably FTL reaction speeds.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_clown said:

Muhammad Ali beat Superman hth. That puts him at planet-busting level and probably FTL reaction speeds.

Superman depowered himself in his Fortress of Solitude, akin to how he did in Superman II. Aside from the special being non-cannon and terribly written, BA Superman's hand to hand combat was never anything special.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Come on be serious.

Ali wins. Why are we putting Rocky against Ali. I fear what this thread will become. Ali hammers him for 15 rounds. Probably even knocks him out.

Loading Video...

Shenron007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Shenron007

Reminds me of the Raw stand up of eddy Murphy when he met an Italian during his life time lol.

katanalauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I doubt there's anyway for ali to KO Rocky, so it comes down to judges or Rocky knocking ali out, so Rocky have two ways of winning and ali only have one, I'd say the odds are stacked against ali.

Shenron007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Shenron007

#10 Posted by Captain_Clown (210 posts) - 13 minutes, 8 seconds ago - Show Bio

Muhammad Ali beat Superman hth. That puts him at planet-busting level and probably FTL reaction speeds

This ^ eventhough superman is no where near planet level.

Captain_Clown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Come on be serious.

OK

Apollo Creed was based on Muhammad Ali. Apollo and Rocky were roughly equal in their primes. On that logic, it could go either way.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I doubt there's anyway for ali to KO Rocky, so it comes down to judges or Rocky knocking ali out, so Rocky have two ways of winning and ali only have one, I'd say the odds are stacked against ali.

The man who KOed Sonny Liston with a punch he didn't even see coming. All the judges are going to see is Ali punching Rocky in the face. The only chance Rocky has are KO and he can't touch Ali. The odds are stacked against Rocky the fictional character.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's important to remember Apollo Creed is based off of Ali. The key factor is that Rocky unrealistically tanks blow after blow. I mentioned that Stallone had to be hospitalized due to one good hit from Lundgren. On the other hand, Rocky tanked tons of blows just as hard and harder from Drago, Lundgren's character. Drago beat Creed with minimal effort, so we can safely say that Drago would beat Ali. Rocky receives a bit of brain damage in Rocky V because Stallone acknowledged how unrealistic it was for Rocky to take so many hits, despite the reality of the situation being that Rocky should've ended up like Creed. But hey, it's good old 80s American propaganda.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@never_give_up said:

Come on be serious.

OK

Apollo Creed was based on Muhammad Ali. Apollo and Rocky were roughly equal in their primes. On that logic, it could go either way.

Based off and being are two different things.

I think you guys have to remember you're comparing a real life boxer to a character from a movie.

azrael1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ali wins!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@never_give_up said:
@captain_clown said:
@never_give_up said:

Come on be serious.

OK

I think you guys have to remember you're comparing a real life boxer to a character from a movie.

I do? I think you do, because the movie characters demonstrate inhuman durability.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rocky.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@never_give_up said:
@captain_clown said:
@never_give_up said:

Come on be serious.

OK

I do? I think you do, because the movie characters demonstrate inhuman durability.

So how does Rocky win?

Even though this battle makes no sense.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@never_give_up said:
@cruelestashley said:
@never_give_up said:
@captain_clown said:
@never_give_up said:

Come on be serious.

OK

So how does Rocky win?

Even though this battle makes no sense.

Rocky could theoretically outlast Ali and punch through him the same way he did with Drago. Rocky was based on this fight. The match up could end up that way (maybe in Rocky), but based on feats, Ali's punches aren't going to mess him up like they did with Wepner, not when you have someone like Drago hitting Rocky with 1,850 psi, more than any boxer has ever been capable of.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Rocky.

Avatar image for ramuellcrackson
RamuelLCrackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Rocky. Ali is my favorite boxer, but seriously, Apollo Creed taught Rocky how to box fast and smart and Apollo was the undefeated world champion before Rocky came along and beat him, even when he was a pretty sloppy brawler of a boxer. Also how is Ali going to knock Rock out? As seen in this video, a normal heavyweight's punch averages 700 pounds of pressure per square inch, and Drago punches with 1850 pounds of pressure. (lol) Rocky went the full 15 rounds with Drago and wasn't knocked out and he even won. Ali did have knock out capability, but that's not what he excelled at. See, 1850 pounds of pressure would completely destroy you, even if you did block it lol, but Rocky isn't exactly realistic, but that's what we love about it, the 80's cheese, the montages and the underdog overcoming whatever gets in his way. Rocky wins.

Captain_Clown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even based on the movies' own logic, Drago should've one-shotted Rocky anyway. Or else Rocky was metahuman and no other human boxer should have been any kind of threat to him.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm simply going to state my position.

Ali wins by KO.

Why? Rocky hardly has any defense.

All Rocky will be getting all night are accurate jabs to his face. This will constantly snap his head back every time he gets in close. Whenever he tries to cut off the ring he'll be meet with a hard jab to the face. Eventually, he would get cut making it even harder. Rocky will be meet with even more jabs to the face till he's KOed. Rocky will most likely be hit with the phantom punch which he won't see coming. No Rocky isn't outlasting Ali who was able to fight 15 round fight after they lay off.

What Rocky will be seeing all night long.

No Caption Provided

Here's the phantom punch the knocked Liston out. Showing Ali's superior reach. This punch could take Rocky out since it's on the side of the head.

No Caption Provided

Ali's hard to hit.

No Caption Provided

Offensive.

No Caption Provided

All of the above is why I think Ali would win. This is me logically thinking.

Many people brought up Apollo was based off of Ali. You have to remember Rocky was based off of Chuck "The Bayonne Bleeder" Wepner. Who Ali fought out of his prime and still won 15 Round UD. Chuck wasn't even impressive in that fight from his multiple back of the head shots while clinching. Additionally, he only knocked Ali down because he stepped on his foot. When Ali got up he turned the heat up.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Why? Rocky hardly has any defense."

Despite tanking 1,850 psi on a consistent basis. Ali probably doesn't even break 1,000 psi, few heavyweights do. I repeat, Rocky has inhuman durability that effectively makes him a brick. Ali isn't going to significantly harm him, so what happens when Rocky finally does tag him? Game over.

"Here's the phantom punch the knocked Liston out. Showing Ali's superior reach. This punch could take Rocky out since it's on the side of the head."

They wouldn't do anything to the Rocky we see in Rocky IV. Ali simply can't hit hard enough.

"Many people brought up Apollo was based off of Ali. You have to remember Rocky was based off of Chuck "The Bayonne Bleeder" Wepner. Who Ali fought out of his prime and still won 15 Round UD. Chuck wasn't even impressive in that fight from his multiple back of the head shots while clinching. Additionally, he only knocked Ali down because he stepped on his foot. When Ali got up he turned the heat up."

While the first fight in Rocky is similar, because that is what it's based off, Rocky does win again in a close fight in Rocky II. But Rocky III and Rocky IV present opponents that Ali would never be able to handle.

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ali wins via a wide margin UD. Too fast, too slick, Rocky would have a hard time trying to land a clean punch on him while at the same being countered. This is going to be long night for that movie dude.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Why? Rocky hardly has any defense."

Despite tanking 1,850 psi on a consistent basis. Ali probably doesn't even break 1,000 psi, few heavyweights do. I repeat, Rocky has inhuman durability that effectively makes him a brick. Ali isn't going to significantly harm him, so what happens when Rocky finally does tag him? Game over.

Read my post above. It explains everything. Ali has height advantage, reach advantage and speed advantage.

"Here's the phantom punch the knocked Liston out. Showing Ali's superior reach. This punch could take Rocky out since it's on the side of the head."

They wouldn't do anything to the Rocky we see in Rocky IV. Ali simply can't hit hard enough.

The phantom punch hit Sonny Liston on the side of the head. That's why he went down like that. Not the same as the kind of punches Rocky were taking. Look at Liston's body after the punch.

Loading Video...

"Many people brought up Apollo was based off of Ali. You have to remember Rocky was based off of Chuck "The Bayonne Bleeder" Wepner. Who Ali fought out of his prime and still won 15 Round UD. Chuck wasn't even impressive in that fight from his multiple back of the head shots while clinching. Additionally, he only knocked Ali down because he stepped on his foot. When Ali got up he turned the heat up."

While the first fight in Rocky is similar, because that is what it's based off, Rocky does win again in a close fight in Rocky II. But Rocky III and Rocky IV present opponents that Ali would never be able to handle.

Yea, I'm not going to argue fiction against the Greatest Of All Time.

I will no longer be entertaining this debate. I've already stated my position on the matter.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Read my post above. It explains everything. Ali has height advantage, reach advantage and speed advantage."

No it doesn't. You're completely ignoring Rocky's ability to tank 1,850+ psi on a consistent basis. Ali would be dead, like Creed, plain and simple.

"The phantom punch hit Sonny Liston on the side of the head. That's why he went down like that. Not the same as the kind of punches Rocky were taking. Look at Liston's body after the punch."

Not even remotely close to 1,850 psi so it's not comparable.

"Yea, I'm not going to argue fiction against the Greatest Of All Time. I will no longer be entertaining this debate. I've already stated my position on the matter."

Aside from boxing being painfully one-dimensional, I'm rather taken aback by what appears to be minor offense taken from a real boxer being compared to a fictional boxer (and a misogynist no less). Regardless, I accept your forfeit as this thread shouldn't even be here.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cruelestashley: You haven't proved anything. I'm simply not going to debate. It isn't a forfeit my opinion is already stated. You can think it's a forfeit if it makes you feel better. How is boxing one dimensional or are you saying Ali boxes one dimensional. Now you're bringing up politics up in a boxing match.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@never_give_up said:

@cruelestashley: You haven't proved anything. I'm simply not going to debate. It isn't a forfeit my opinion is already stated. You can think it's a forfeit if it makes you feel better. How is boxing one dimensional or are you saying Ali boxes one dimensional. Now you're bringing up politics up in a boxing match.

Boxing is one-dimensional compared to martial arts. You imply Ali is a figure of worship (as gauged by the fact you've taken offense to him being compared to a fictional character), when in reality, he's just a top tier boxer. He really isn't the greatest, one of them sure, but the greatest? No. I would argue there's no such thing, especially when you have so many close contenders such as Marciano and Louis. Could be one of the greatest fighters? Not even close, which is why I mentioned how simple boxing is compared to other forms of "fighting". So what then, greatest as being a human being? No, he's a misogynist (which you're sadly mistaken if you think that's inherently political). Ultimately, you've regurgitated branding and marketing, in a similar way that people refer to Elvis as the King.

That said, I did prove it. Ali can't beat Rocky due to the latter's superior strength and durability. By conceding, albeit in denial, you are effectively forfeiting.

Royal_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rocky stands 0 chance vs Apollo in his prime he even said so himself in Creed the only reason he won was due to Creed was at the end of his career and no where near his prime

Creed was based on Ali so Ali should win seeing as Creed would've easily beat rocky in his prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@royal_warrior said:

Rocky stands 0 chance vs Apollo in his prime he even said so himself in Creed the only reason he won was due to Creed was at the end of his career and no where near his prime

Creed was based on Ali so Ali should win seeing as Creed would've easily beat rocky in his prime

Yet Drago effortlessly beat Creed. Rocky in Rocky IV, by feats, is Rocky in his prime (despite Creed's musings in Rocky III).

TheGhostKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rocky stomps

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cruelestashley: What does that have to do with the thread? Just because I stop arguing doesn't mean you win. It could possibly mean that I'm far more sensible than you. Additionally, the person who argues the longest isn't always the winner. You didn't even prove how Rocky would cut off the ring and catch Ali. My posts have more depth than yours. Yours are simply Rocky can take a punch and dish it. While that doesn't stop him from getting cut.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 Rocky isn't a comic book character.

According to the comicvine database Rocky Balboa has appeared in 36 comic issues. Not sure if its true but I will leave this thread here for now.

VashtaNerada88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nuff said
nuff said

The Italian Stallion FTW

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't seen all of the Rocky films, how superhuman do his feats (presumably inevitably) get?

Alphapunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prime Rocky murders Ali lol.

Apollo Creed was like 46-0 with 46 knockouts before the bad version of Rocky came around. He was modeled after Ali obviously due to the time Rocky was made. 46-0 46 KOs = Apollo > Muhammad.

By Rocky 4 he would KO Ali in 4 rounds. Movie boxers > real life boxers. Rocky was taking shots from a guy that hit 3x harder than an average heavyweight. Alis punches would be like a females slaps to a man or even less. Nearly a mismatch.

Royal_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cruelestashley: and? The whole point was to show that Creed was well past his prime, he was past his prome even in the first rocky this my point I was making, his trainer even realised this in the first rocky

Rocky was nowhere near Creeds level of skill and himself even admits it in Creed when he said he beat Creed because no one can beat time

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@never_give_up said:

@cruelestashley: What does that have to do with the thread? Just because I stop arguing doesn't mean you win. It could possibly mean that I'm far more sensible than you. Additionally, the person who argues the longest isn't always the winner. You didn't even prove how Rocky would cut off the ring and catch Ali. My posts have more depth than yours. Yours are simply Rocky can take a punch and dish it. While that doesn't stop him from getting cut.

"What does that have to do with the thread?"

I explained the relevance of everything I stated.

"Just because I stop arguing doesn't mean you win. It could possibly mean that I'm far more sensible than you."

It could, but considering you're essentially plugging your fingers in your ears and ignoring Rocky's inhuman durability and strength, I'd say not.

"Additionally, the person who argues the longest isn't always the winner."

Neither is the person that makes poor arguments and quits early.

"You didn't even prove how Rocky would cut off the ring and catch Ali."

Wepner caught Ali, many people slower than Rocky have.

"My posts have more depth than yours"

You can write an essay and it still doesn't affect whether or not you're valid in what you're saying.

"Yours are simply Rocky can take a punch and dish it. While that doesn't stop him from getting cut."

No, I'm saying Rocky can take and dish punches that Ali can't handle. Ali would go down just like Creed did against Drago, and Rocky was able to take him the distance and win.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alphapunk: Apollo>Ali?

I'm sure getting smacked by a woman hurts lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cruelestashley: and? The whole point was to show that Creed was well past his prime, he was past his prome even in the first rocky this my point I was making, his trainer even realised this in the first rocky

Rocky was nowhere near Creeds level of skill and himself even admits it in Creed when he said he beat Creed because no one can beat time

Creed wasn't past his prime in the first movie, but by the fourth? Sure. Little difference it would make concerning Ali though. If Creed could tank 1,850 psi, all it would prove is that he's vastly stronger and more durable than Ali. As far as skill goes, maybe. He did beat him in Rocky II. Just because Rocky's modest doesn't mean he's right after all.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Use your brains, physically Creed is already a better version of Ali. Mentally Ali is smarter, but Rocky would still knock his block off. First Round KO.

Avatar image for kryptonianprime
KryptonianPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By KryptonianPrime

Ali is definitely the better fighter, but Rocky can somehow withstand punches from a man who averages 1850psi per punch, which makes Rocky far too resilient to be hurt by anything Ali throws.

Captain_Clown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't seen all of the Rocky films, how superhuman do his feats (presumably inevitably) get?

The Drago stuff already posted ITT is where it tops out. Rocky's best feat is not dying when Drago hits him.