River Tam vs Gurney Halleck

hyperfinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Fight takes place in a UFC octagon, to the death, and both combatants have Klingon Bat'leths.

Second scenario: The two are on the same team and standing on top of one of those crazy Mayan pyramids. They are besieged by an army of velociraptors. Let's pretend they have infinite endurance. How long until the velociraptors give up and nuke the site from orbit?.

Avatar image for captain_inverse
captain_inverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does Gurney have his holtz shield? If so, that could be his saving grace.

River being a psychic may take away the element of surprise though...

TBH, I forget, does Gurney know the weirding way? If so I say he can take the majority. If not (which I'm guessing) River will win more times than not.

Great match though!

EjorpSnruteR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stats for Gurney?

Avatar image for captain_inverse
captain_inverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ejorpsnruter: if your unfamiliar with the Dune series, think Game of Thrones...IN SPACE!

Gurney was like the master of arms for one of the great houses. (Kinda like how Ser Rodrick was the trainer for the Stark family.)

Strength and experience go to Gurney, but he's old enough to be Rivers granddad.

Gurneys hotzman shield is kind of a big factor, realistically it takes alot of training to counter the shields. Because they will defend against ANY strike that is too fast (i.e any normal strike) A blade, fist, or bullet MUST slowly pass through the shield or it will get repelled.

River has the stamina advantage AND, with comic feats, has fought people who were in the same program she was part of

EjorpSnruteR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well then even with River speed advantage, I don't see her winning.

But on the other hand, could Gurney ever tag her?

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gurney stomps.