Rhino runs the Spider-man villain gauntlet.

Avatar image for deactivated-62bb20d3566c2
deactivated-62bb20d3566c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

616 Rhino

Not jobbing

Rhino gets healed after each battle

he Knows about each opponent

Battle takes place in a junkyard (so loads of things for him to throw

win by KO,BFR or death

Opponents get 20 minutes of prep

Round 1) Chameleon, Hammerhead, Tombstone.

Round 2) Kraven the Hunter , Grim Hunter and Ana Kravinoff

Round 3) Vulture , Jack O Lantern (not allowed to fly any higher than 12 feet)

Round 4) Spider Slayer and Boomerang

Round 5) Shocker

Round 6)Scorpion

Round 7) Mr Hyde

Round 8) Doc Ock

Round 9) Stegron

Round 10)Venom

Round 11)Mysterio

Round 11)Electro (classic not allowed to fly any higher than 12 feet)

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Mr.Hyde's not a spider-man villain. He could stop at dock ock depending on his arm or if he has Peter's body. He beats Stergon and I would say loses to Venom.

Not sure what you mean by classic but if that is Stan Lee's Electro basically he shouldn't be that high and rhino would beat him. If its just standard electro he would win.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Can lose to Jack o' Lantern if he gets gassed, Hyde can give him a good fight physically, Ock can beat him easily with prep, and Mysterio can as well.

Electro beats him as well.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: I know Mr Hyde is not typically a Spiderman villain but hes fought Spider-man a good few times and he was included in a list of Spider-man villains i saw and im talking about Electro prior to the Gauntlet.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diarrhearegatta: Rhino has shown resistance to gas it didnt come close to knocking him out and Ock and Mysterio only have 20 minutes of prep.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ProfessorRespect

@diarrhearegatta: Rhino has shown resistance to gas it didnt come close to knocking him out

Scans please

and Ock and Mysterio only have 20 minutes of prep.

More than enough to send stuff in and build something

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: I know Mr Hyde is not typically a Spiderman villain but hes fought Spider-man a good few times and he was included in a list of Spider-man villains i saw and im talking about Electro prior to the Gauntlet.

Electro messes with the electrical impulse in Peter's brain.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diarrhearegatta: IIRC Rhino resisted tear gas against scorpion in amazing spider-man 319

No Caption Provided

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ProfessorRespect

@noobmaster2001: Yeah, Mysterio's stuff is a lot stronger than regular tear gas. I wouldn't see him shake it off nearly as well as there.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diarrhearegatta: What does Mysterio or Jack O Lantern have that could take down Rhino? Also im sure that was stronger than regular Tear Gas.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jashro44

Depending on how rhino is written he could disperse gas with his strength. Just create a massive shockwave to disperse it. I also don't see rhino standing there and breathing enough gas to lose to Jack. He's going to keep charging at him.

He's also very tricky so I see Rhino getting trapped in an illusion or falling to fear gas. Especially with 20 minuetes of prep which I did miss initially when reading the OP.

EDIT: With 20 minutes of prep Kraven could be a threat. He once strung hulk up with adamantium fishhooks, and hulk escaped by ripping them out with his healing factor....Rhino doesn't have that. Point being there are ways for Kraven to trap rhino.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ProfessorRespect

@noobmaster2001 said:

@diarrhearegatta: What does Mysterio or Jack O Lantern have that could take down Rhino?

Highly potent chemicals that can disable enhanced senses and fool people with hearing so sensitive they can hear meteors before they enter the atmosphere? Beck's gases also work in seconds as well, they are very quick in entering the body.

For Mysterio, the obvious is his illusions, the fact that he can consistently annoy Rhino and hurt him without being physically present with his solid holograms as well as fool him into defeating himself (by making him fall into something dangerous or where he can't get out) and to just troll him in general, or to just trap him in one. Rhino is stupid as hell so he's not figuring them out either.

Also im sure that was stronger than regular Tear Gas.

If there's evidence for it, I'm all for it, otherwise that's just you guessing.

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He might stop at Hyde if both of them are not jobbing. I'd say that fight is a toss-up. Hyde is too low though. He is much stronger and tougher than everyone else in the gauntlet combined.

Don't think Doc Ock can whip up anything impressive in 20 minutes. Rounds 1-6 and 8-10 get steamrolled. Stops at Mysterio, I guess.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diarrhearegatta: Yes im not denying that Mysterio can fool Rhino but do you have scans of something he could do that could hurt Rhino ,as annoying Rhino isnt going to defeat him and i dont see anything in this environment that is going to trap Rhino.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toratorn: Rhino is stronger than Mr Hyde but im not sure if Ock or Mysterio can do anything that will take down Rhino.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ProfessorRespect

@noobmaster2001 said:

@diarrhearegatta: Yes im not denying that Mysterio can fool Rhino but do you have scans of something he could do that could hurt Rhino

His solid illusions were hurting Red Ghost, and he's a solid mid tier. Getting hit by them for over 15 minutes is going to hurt, I don't care how durable you are.

As I said, his gas is more than able to take Rhino out, and as tough as he is, he can be tired down in time.

He could also use his status gun to beat Rhino via incapacitation as he would be unable to move.

,as annoying Rhino isnt going to defeat him and i dont see anything in this environment that is going to trap Rhino.

It's a junkyard, full of machines, melting pits, and with 20 minutes of prep, Beck can figure out where these places are and plan accordingly. There's nothing saying he can't go to other places.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diarrhearegatta: Rhino should smash through junk cars easy enough but okay i can see how he might trap him how strong/Durable is Red Ghost exactly?

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ProfessorRespect

@noobmaster2001: He wasn't a powerhouse by any means, but he was able to turn himself intangible and with that came a invincibility to most physical attacks. The fact that Beck was able to make enough holograms to physically annoy him and his apes (which are actually super strong for the most part) to the point shows that he's more than capable of dealing with Rhino.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diarrhearegatta: Yeah i had looked him up but couldnt really find anything that suggested he had superhuman strength also how was beck able to hurt him if can become intangible did he have a weapon that was specifically designed to hurt Red Ghost or something?

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ProfessorRespect

@noobmaster2001: I don't think he was actually "strong" in any way, but keep in mind that there's likely a few feats that may disprove this.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diarrhearegatta: Yes but how was Mysterio able to hurt him if he can become intangible did he have a weapon that was designed to hurt Red Ghost?

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Toratorn

@diarrhearegatta said:

His solid illusions were hurting Red Ghost, and he's a solid mid tier. Getting hit by them for over 15 minutes is going to hurt, I don't care how durable you are.

Eh? Red Ghost is a mid tier? I thought he was a street tier with intangibility? The only impressive thing I remember Red Ghost doing was him crushing Rulk's heart, and I was sure it was just a hilarious low end for the latter.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toratorn said:
@diarrhearegatta said:

Eh? Red Ghost is a mid tier? I thought he was a street tier with intangibility?

What feats does Red Ghost and his Super Apes have to make them Mid Tier?

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ProfessorRespect

@noobmaster2001 said:

@diarrhearegatta: Yes but how was Mysterio able to hurt him if he can become intangible did he have a weapon that was designed to hurt Red Ghost?

Nah I'm pretty sure he just distracted them with his illusions and then managed to hit him while he was annoyed and not focusing.

To answer the other guy's question, Classic Red Ghost is defo a street level guy but if I recall he got a amp later on that allowed him to actually turn into mist and do stuff while in that form. Not sure exactly what he did considering I've not formally gone over his feats, but that's just how that works.

Him with his Super Apes are low mid tier however. They've gotten good hits on the FF and other teams before and seem to be combined a pretty strong threat.

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Toratorn

@diarrhearegatta: I'm not sure about the whole mist thing, but all 3 Super-Apes together are definitely not a "low mid tier" threat. I remember them trashing Iron Man and almost killing Thing once. Though they are admittedly less effective individually.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diarrhearegatta: Okay...But how does hitting a person that may not even have superhuman strength mean that Mysterio could definitely hurt a 75-90 tonner like Rhino?

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noobmaster2001: Over time, even a guy with durability like Rhino's can be brought down. I'm not buying him taking Beck's other offence and not feeling a thing over half an hour.

Either way, he has better and more effective ways to beat him so that's not even worth going over in detail.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3b5ee4922c4
deactivated-5d3b5ee4922c4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

stops at 10, venom's recovery abilities far too great and rhino's durability only barely got him past 9

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

@jashro44 said:

Depending on how rhino is written he could disperse gas with his strength. Just create a massive shockwave to disperse it. I also don't see rhino standing there and breathing enough gas to lose to Jack. He's going to keep charging at him.

He's also very tricky so I see Rhino getting trapped in an illusion or falling to fear gas. Especially with 20 minuetes of prep which I did miss initially when reading the OP.

EDIT: With 20 minutes of prep Kraven could be a threat. He once strung hulk up with adamantium fishhooks, and hulk escaped by ripping them out with his healing factor....Rhino doesn't have that. Point being there are ways for Kraven to trap rhino.

I'd argue that was an off moment for Hulk if anything. Jason Aaron's run was incredibly inconsistent. One minute Hulk's causing earthquakes around the earth, another his skin is getting pierced by regular needles and he's losing a fight against some anthropomorphic dog meant to be a Punisher villain.

Young_Murloc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never heard of Stegron, had to look him up and now I need to know more because he seems dope.

tethadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Venom is like a 20 tonner where Rhino is a 100+ tonner.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tethadam: doesn’t really matter. Venom is faster and more agile. Spider-Man has hurt rhino so can venom.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: I don’t see how it’s an off moment for hulk? He’s been cut by adamantium before.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@theacidskull: I don’t see how it’s an off moment for hulk? He’s been cut by adamantium before.

He wasn't cut in the scene tho, that's sort of my point. He was pierced by regular needles earlier and yet he can tear of adamantium hooks? Just saying that Jason Aaron's Hulk series is pretty inconsistent.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

He wasn't cut in the scene tho, that's sort of my point. He was pierced by regular needles earlier and yet he can tear of adamantium hooks? Just saying that Jason Aaron's Hulk series is pretty inconsistent.

I don't see how you can say he wasn't cut. Hulk was strung up into the air:

No Caption Provided

I don't see what is significant about tearing the lines of the hooks. Only the hooks were adamantium. I mean the art wasn't shown to be bloody but that could either just be a choice of the artist or maybe the hooks didn't go deep into his flesh.

Avatar image for deactivated-60758db60e021
deactivated-60758db60e021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I could see him getting taken out by Doc Ock and above.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:
@theacidskull said:
@jashro44 said:

I don't see how you can say he wasn't cut. Hulk was strung up into the air:

I don't see what is significant about tearing the lines of the hooks. Only the hooks were adamantium. I mean the art wasn't shown to be bloody but that could either just be a choice of the artist or maybe the hooks didn't go deep into his flesh.

Look at the scan you just posted. He seems entangled but those hooks clearly didn't pierce his skin (which they should have).

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: The hooks are inside his skin...I’m not sure what your talking about.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@theacidskull: The hooks are inside his skin...I’m not sure what your talking about.

Why isn't he bleeding then? I mean we could argue that it was an artistic choice but my point is that Hulk's power fluctuated throughout the entire run. I'm just saying I wouldn't use that run to make an argument of any kind because Jason Aaron didn't know what the hell he was doing, especially since I can't recall Kraven ever using that trick against spider-man or anyone else again. My argument isn't that Kraven doesn't stand a chance against Rhino, it's that the Adamantium fish-hook trick is not something I've ever seen him employ before or after that incident, so I don't think it's part of his overall arsenal (Though I could be wrong about that).

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull:

Why isn't he bleeding then?

Well I am not sure if you have been stuck by a fish hook before but if its just the outer layer of skin that pierced you don't always bleed. Or as I said it could just be an artistic choice.

I mean we could argue that it was an artistic choice but my point is that Hulk's power fluctuated throughout the entire run.

Well my original point had nothing to do with hulk really. More so that rhino can be strung up the same way and unlike hulk he doesn't have the healing to get down.

I'm just saying I wouldn't use that run to make an argument of any kind because Jason Aaron didn't know what the hell he was doing, especially since I can't recall Kraven ever using that trick against spider-man or anyone else again.

Well Kraven's never had an issue piercing spider-man. So using adamantium on him makes no sense. He has used similar traps on Peter, he just avoids them. As for Jason Aaron not knowing what he is doing....That is 90% of writers in marvel and DC these days.

My argument isn't that Kraven doesn't stand a chance against Rhino, it's that the Adamantium fish-hook trick is not something I've ever seen him employ before or after that incident, so I don't think it's part of his overall arsenal (Though I could be wrong about that).

Well in general Kraven doesn't fight bricks often. He mostly fights spider people who can be pierced by a wooden spear as easily as adamantium. They don't have piercing resistance. Its not that such a tactic is out of character its that using adamantium on spiders is wasteful.

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Could stop at Scorpion otherwise dead stops at Venom.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could stop at Scorpion otherwise dead stops at Venom.

He already beat scorpion, and Mac lacks the agility to fight someone like Rhino. He's no spider-man.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@theacidskull:

Why isn't he bleeding then?

Well I am not sure if you have been stuck by a fish hook before but if its just the outer layer of skin that pierced you don't always bleed. Or as I said it could just be an artistic choice.

I mean we could argue that it was an artistic choice but my point is that Hulk's power fluctuated throughout the entire run.

Well my original point had nothing to do with hulk really. More so that rhino can be strung up the same way and unlike hulk he doesn't have the healing to get down.

I'm just saying I wouldn't use that run to make an argument of any kind because Jason Aaron didn't know what the hell he was doing, especially since I can't recall Kraven ever using that trick against spider-man or anyone else again.

Well Kraven's never had an issue piercing spider-man. So using adamantium on him makes no sense. He has used similar traps on Peter, he just avoids them. As for Jason Aaron not knowing what he is doing....That is 90% of writers in marvel and DC these days.

My argument isn't that Kraven doesn't stand a chance against Rhino, it's that the Adamantium fish-hook trick is not something I've ever seen him employ before or after that incident, so I don't think it's part of his overall arsenal (Though I could be wrong about that).

Well in general Kraven doesn't fight bricks often. He mostly fights spider people who can be pierced by a wooden spear as easily as adamantium. They don't have piercing resistance. Its not that such a tactic is out of character its that using adamantium on spiders is wasteful.

Mhh, fair enough actually. From a writing standpoint, it'd be pretty dumb for Kraven to carry around adamantium fish-hooks anyways, especially against spider-man.