*There will be no PVP for the trial run. Just RP, missions, and PVM*
In the beginning, before man walked the Earth, before the spirits roamed, and even before the universe came to be, there was nothing. Just an infinite void of nothingness. And in this nothingness was Father. Father roamed the void, seeking a non-existent company. All the while he was gnawed at by the loneliness and silence of his solitude.
Eventually, Father realized that no matter how far he roamed into this endless space he would not find the company he sought. Coming to this conclusion, he decided to paint this blank canvas himself and put an end to his unbearable isolation. With a wave of his hand, the barrenness around him vanished. Stars popped into existence, shining in their splendor. Planets, moons, and asteroids shot out to take their places - shooting across creation in an array, like a cascade of phantasmic meteor showers.
Then Father created his first son, Light. To his first son, he gave dominion over life. With this power, he sent him out into the World to fill it with life as he saw fit.
Afterward, he created his second son, Darkness. To his second son, he gave dominion over death. With this power, he sent him out to assist Light - maintaining his creations and keeping the balance.
Next, he created his third son, Fire. To his third son, he gave dominion over heat. With this power, Fire spread through creation and gave birth to the Salamanders - spirits of fire.
Then he created his first daughter, Air. To his first daughter, he gave dominion over gas. With this power, Air spread through creation and gave birth to the Sylphs - spirits of air.
Afterward, he created his second daughter, Water. To his second daughter, he gave dominion over liquid. With this power, Water spread through creation and gave birth to the Undines - spirits of water.
Finally, Father created his last daughter, Earth. To his third daughter, he gave dominion over earth. With this power, Earth spread through creation and gave birth to the Gnomes - spirits of earth.
Watching his children shoot into the world brought Father great pleasure. But creating them made him weary, and so he entered a long sleep.
While Father slept, his children got into a fight. Fire, who was given dominion over heat, flew through the World - scorching and consuming everything his flames touched. From his flames were birthed all manner of Salamanders, who in turn would spread the blaze even further.
Water, who had taken residence with her undines in a gargantuan ocean, took issue with this. In wake of Fire's blaze, her undines burned and boiled, crying out to her in agony to stop him. Water confronted Fire, urging him to be more careful. Fire, in his arrogance, laughed at her warning. Fire claimed he was merely doing what he was created to, and if she wanted him to stop she would have to make him. Water, unamused by her brother's bravado, did exactly as he asked. With a massive torrent of water, she flooded him and extinguished the fires as well as the salamanders who bit hungrily from his flames. She then turned and left him, warning him not to provoke her any further as she did.
Air, who had happened to watch their exchange giggled mischievously. She flew down to her brother, who fumed in humiliation. "Poor Fire, look what Water has done to you!" She said, caressing his cheek. "How can Water possibly blame you for doing what you were made to do? Come," Air said, flashing a Cheshire grin, " allow me to help you make her understand!"
Fire, who felt he was in the right and encouraged by his sister's words went to confront Water. Once more, the flames erupted and the oceans burned and boiled. The undines cried out once more and Water appeared before him again.
"Did I not tell you to cease this foolishness?" Water chided him. Water raised her hand to douse her brother as she did before. However, she didn't notice Air floating above them. Air stoked Fire's flame, burning hotter and hotter than it ever had before. Water's torrents vaporized in the face of her brother's overwhelming heat. But Fire didn't stop, the flames continuing to grow ever larger and hotter. Eventually, the burgeoning inferno broke through the barriers of water his sister held around her and scorched her as she reeled back screaming.
Fire, deciding he had paid her back, took off once more to continue his trail throughout creation. Air, laughing all the while.
Soon after, Water sought out her other sister Earth and told her what transpired. Outraged, she joined with Water and the two of them went to find their brother. Once caught up, Earth reprimanded Fire and made to punish his actions.
However, Air once more took Fire's side. "Come, come!~" She whispered into Fire's ear. "I'll make you stronger still, my beloved brother - so, go and burn it all!"
And with that, the four siblings fought. Planets broke, the heavens shook, and even Light and Darkness strained to keep up with the amount of life and death that resulted in their younger siblings' war.
This war would lead to Father waking. Father, who saw all that he made broken and in shambles was furious. In his anger, he confronted the 4 children and killed them - putting an end to the destruction they wrought. However, after the deed was done, Father felt great regret and sorrow realizing that he had killed his own children that he had made himself. He entrusted the World to his first two sons, Light and Darkness, and once more returned to his slumber.
Light, looking upon the destruction caused by his siblings felt saddened. Moreso, he felt pity as he looked at all the wasted life that was created and used for their childish war. And so he came up with an idea. Light went to his brother and proposed something new, which he called the Cycle of Rebirth. With this, the souls of the dead would be able to have another chance at life after their own time was so needlessly wasted. Darkness agreed, and so the dead souls were allowed to reincarnate.
When Father next awoke, he was met with great joy. In his absence, Light and Darkness had done just as he hoped. Unlike their siblings, they had filled the World with life. The silence of the void was gone and the destruction wrought by his children was but a memory. Pleased, he went to meet his sons.
As he arrived at his sons' domain, he noticed that the souls of the dead were flowing back into the living. Curious, he asked his sons what was happening. Light explained to him that he and his brother had made a way to let the dead return to the World by reincarnating, allowing them to have a new chance at life. This gave Father, who was still regretting having killed his children, an idea. They may have gone out of hand the first time, but perhaps they too deserved another chance to live. And so he had Light and Darkness add Fire, Water, Earth, and Air into the Cycle of Rebirth.
- Father created everything.
- Father had 6 children; Light, Darkness, Fire, Water, Air, and Earth.
- They got into a fight. Wrecked creation.
- Father woke. Father angery. Father kill! Father regret! D': Father sleep.
- Light and Darkness create and manage life, making the Cycle of Rebirth to allow reincarnation.
- Father wakes up again, likes what Light and Darkness have done with the place. See's the Cycle of Rebirth and allows Fire, Water, Air and Earth to reincarnate out of regret.
The time period this takes place in is roughly similar to the 20th century. That said, it's still a fantasy-based world with all sorts of creatures, magic, spirits, and what-have-you. The most direct comparison you could compare it to would be how things are in The Legend of Korra, in terms of technological advancement and the relation of these kinds of aspects mixed in.
There are 3 major kingdoms;
- The Flame Confederacy. This southern kingdom is comprised of many city-states loosely united to form a kingdom. (I say kingdom, but really it's a large group of self-governing bodies who only really come together when something large and problematic happens). This kingdom is known for its aggressive nature and a large amount of salamander-type spirits and creatures that inhabit the land.
- The Unified Earth Republic. This Northern kingdom is exactly as it sounds, one large kingdom unified under the people. This kingdom is known to be quite tolerant and is overall peaceful. However, that isn't to say they're push-overs. As solid as the rock their nation is founded on, they stand their ground and aren't afraid to come to blows. The kingdom is also known for its mountainous terrain and cave systems that act as a natural barrier to the kingdoms on its' borders, which is teeming with gnome-type spirits and creatures.
- The Kingdom of Water. Also known as "The Arteries", earned from the intricate waterways that intertwine throughout the country as well as the amount of blood spilled there daily. In truth, the Kingdom of Water is an autocracy currently run by Anya Vasiliev. It's known for its harshly strict laws, morally and ethically questionable activities, as well as the large population of undine-type spirits and creatures.
- I'm sure you've noticed there's no kingdom for Air, huh? Well, they don't have a kingdom. More accurately, they just wander to and fro across the world. So there is no kingdom or governing body for them, at most there are just different tribes.
As for the actual plot. Basically, you're entering part of an organization, named Alpha, created to keep the balance in the world. The aforementioned siblings(Fire, Water, Earth, and Air) each reincarnate into the world every so often. And after a certain amount of time, they regain the memory of their past lives.(Think of it kind of like how Avatars from ATLA can recall their past lives). Good for them, right? No. In actuality what ends up happening is that they commandeer the various spirits that align up to them and shit usually hits the fan - for more reasons than one. For example, A few of them tend to hold a grudge against the other. Fire hates Water and Earth. When they meet each other a fight is sure to follow, which isn't good for anyone - not for the spirits or creatures they're overriding against their will nor the innocent people caught in the crossfire.
Point is it's Alpha's job to make sure things don't get too out of hand - namely finding them and killing them. Of course, it's a hard job. Not only is it difficult finding them, but then you gotta kill them. And believe me, they're too powerful for their own good. Not only that, but they've got swarms of critters working for them to boot. But you're here and ready for the challenge, ye?
Bad news? 2 of them already reincarnated and got their memories back. Needless to say, they're pissed. Good news? That means 2 of them haven't. For this trial run, it's going to be your job to locate one of them before they regain their memory so we can try and bring them to our side to help deal with the others. Of course, who knows what could happen along the way.
- The plot for this trial run is to deal with spirits/creatures going out of control as well as locating one of the reincarnated siblings before they regain their memory and bring them over to our side.
Basically, you pick:
- A body(this will represent your physical stats; strength, durability, speed, ect..). Durability scales to strength mentioned.
- Skill: You pick a skillset. No power-based skills or skills that would otherwise grant powers.
- Power: If you have power listed in the build, you get a power.
Rules on builds:
I'm being lenient with this and am not really going to ban a lot of things. That said....
- First things first, if I don't know your character choices or if they don't have an RT; they're not allowed in. End of discussion. I'm not interested in having everything derailed because someone doesn't understand their limits.
- Energies are equalized.
- Clones are limited to 2.
- Transmutation can't be used directly on opponents. However, you can still use it as a means of attack.(Think of it like how Alchemists use it in FMA).
- You can't amp your stats above limits unless stated otherwise(For example, the Elementalist class has an Overload ability to amp above limits).
- Intangibility can't be passive. That said, it is allowed.
- Internal attacks or attacks that have no realistic way to counter are also banned. (Example; Blood bending.)
- BFR is also not allowed. However, this isn't to say you can't teleport yourself away.
- It's assumed you have the skills to use whatever powers you get.
- Other forms of hax will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis.
- Info: Sometime during your life, you came into contact with a mystical artifact. As it happens, a spirit was inhabiting it and possessed you. Now it has formed a soul-link with you and lets you use bits of its power. Think of it more like a symbiotic relationship.
- Perk: Immunity to all forms of TP or abilities that would otherwise take control over you.
- Strength: 10-ton
- Speed: Casual bullet-timer.
- Power: Possessed Class does not start with a power. The spirit possessing you has amp'd your physical strength and speed, but has yet to let you draw out its real power. Over the course of the game, you'll be able to further unlock its powers.
- Gear: Your artifact. This can be a weapon, an ornament, ect... Make sure to state whatever it's going to be.
- Info: You have been blessed by the spirits and have been given power over an element of your choosing.(Fire, Water, Earth, or Air). Note you only get one element.
- Perk: Elemental Overload: Before or during a fight, you can amp your power above your standard by absorbing your element from an outside source. You get one power to use as your standard, and another power to use for your overload. Your overload will be used up after every fight, so keep the preparation and use of it.
- Strength: 5-tons
- Speed: Bullet-timer.
- Power: Boulder Busting.
- Power(Overload): Small House busting.
- Info: You are a summoner. You can contract and summon various spirits to fight for you.
- Perk: Contracts: You will be able to form contracts and subjugate enemies to use as summons. Whether or not you can successfully form a contract will be decided on a dice roll. For those weaker than you, you will need a 4 higher. For those of equal tier, 5 or higher. For those higher than you, a 6.(Note this is relative to your summons' stats). You can use your upgrades on your summons. You can only have 3 contracts at one time. If you wish to gain a new one, you'll have to release one of your contracts.
- Strength: 2-ton.
- Speed: Casual arrow-timer.
- Strength: 10-ton.
- Speed: Bullet-Timer.
- Power: DC is boulder-busting.
- Info: You can use your mental power as your weapon. Things like TP/TK and other mental-based abilities.
- Perk: Appraisal. You'll be allowed to see a character's builds/relations while looking at them.
- Strength: 2-ton.
- Speed: Bullet-timer.
- Power: TK and other types of forces will be limited to 5-tons.
- Info: You are a mage and have an arsenal of spells you use to fight.
- Perk: Attunement: I'm not going to put a limit on how many spells you can have in your arsenal. However, you can only have 5 different spells to use at a time. This means you will have to take time to swap out spells if you want to use others outside those 5. The number of attuned spells will increase over the course of the game.
- Strength: 5-tons.
- Speed: Bullet-timer.
- Magic: In terms of DC, it's subject to boulder-busting in terms of force.