Reinhardt and Orisa vs Doomfist

sladerulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The shields of justice, vs the fist of Talon,

Doomfist has his gauntlet, and all that stands between him is Orisa and Reinhardt

Both are in their prime. Who wins?

sladerulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#3 k4tzm4n  Moderator

Hanzo wins via one scatter arrow.

I think this really relies on how Reinhardt vs Doomfist would go down. Some questions to consider:

• How well can DF counter R's attacks and land his own? He wasn't really focused on dodging in his animated origin movie.
  • How do Winston and R compare in terms of sheer strength, since we know Winston put down Doomfist?
  • How much would Orisa's attacks hurt Doomfist? He seemed immune to Genji and Tracer.
  • How many punches would it take to drop Reinhardt?
  • How many hammer hits would it take to drop Doomfist?
sladerulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: in terms of gameplay, reinhardts melee attacks exceeds both, including Primal rage Winston.

However, when these three characters interacted, they were gravely different.

Reinhardt is older and has better armor than in his short

And Orisa has been given upgrades in response to Doomfist's attack on Numbani.

sladerulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: genji and Tracer uses low damaging weapons, while Reinhardt shrugged off rounds from several bastion units.

So it's hard to say

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@sladerulez said:

@k4tzm4n: in terms of gameplay, reinhardts melee attacks exceeds both, including Primal rage Winston.

However, when these three characters interacted, they were gravely different.

Reinhardt is older and has better armor than in his short

And Orisa has been given upgrades in response to Doomfist's attack on Numbani.

But is Winston physically stronger than Reinhardt when he's raging? For example, if Reinhardt gets into a contest of strength (e.g. a grapple), could he do better than Winston? I think that's important.

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really hard to say, the Doomfist itself has stated to been able to topple skyscraper's - but we've never actually seen it do anything on that caliber as of yet.

In terms of shown feats, I'm inclined to back Reinhardt/Orisa

sladerulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: in the gameplay? No. Winston's melee in primal rage is 50 hp. Reinhardt's standard melee is 75.

However, there is no confirmed way to determine how they would interact lore wise, since their prime status is rarely looked over and hasn't really been determined. So it's difficult to say

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@sladerulez said:

@k4tzm4n: in the gameplay? No. Winston's melee in primal rage is 50 hp. Reinhardt's standard melee is 75.

However, there is no confirmed way to determine how they would interact lore wise, since their prime status is rarely looked over and hasn't really been determined. So it's difficult to say

Yes, I mean lore, not gameplay. Is there a reliable Overwatch forum where devs chime in? Perhaps we could get a legit answer. I think it would make sense if Winston - while enraged - was physically stronger than Reinhardt but not as durable.

sladerulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: that's what I'm trying to say. All there is for Reinhardt is the "Honor and Glory" short and the "dragonslayer" comic. However, the short shows when he was before overwatch, with his earlier, less advanced armor and immature actions. In the comic, we only saw his older, weaker self with heavily worn out armor. We have yet to see reinhardt in his prime during the beginning of Overwatch where he joined as one of the six best soldiers the world has to offer.

During the short, his captian, who later died, faced several Bastions and early models of Orisa as his final fight, despite heavily injured beforehand. If we compare Reinhardt to him, except with armor designed by Torbjorn, and years of exp, Reinhardt should be on similar standing to Doomfist, who took on several Orisa units alone and won.

Orisa, on the other hand, was rebuilt after Doomfist's attack on Numbani, redesigned with several enhancements in direct response to Doomfist in case he ever attacked again. However, we don't know how well they will hold up against doomfist.

Reinhardt is also seen as Winston's superior based off of their interactions. However, that may be in response to Reinhardt's elder superiority and being one of the founding members of Overwatch.

So, there's little to go off of other than speculation.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheVivas

Orisa isn’t really doing anything since Doomfist stomped a group of defense Omnics like her and the only thing different between Orisa and those were her programming IIRC, and I don’t think Rein is fast enough or strong enough to take down Doomfist.

FlashingSabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas: Orisa got a bunch of weapon upgrades compared to the base models; most obviously her Toblestein generator, aka the gravity gun.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flashingsabre: I know she was upgraded but forgot about the weapons. They still won’t do enough for her to be relevant, imo.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n:

How well can DF counter R's attacks and land his own? He wasn't really focused on dodging in his animated origin movie.

DF (I'm going to abbreviate for Doomfist) was able to dodge Winston's Tesla Cannon and then blitz him, so I'm not sure how Hammer Strike is going to hit him and based on that I'm positive DF can dodge Rein charging at him.

How do Winston and R compare in terms of sheer strength, since we know Winston put down Doomfist?

The only Canon strength feats I can think of for Winston would be cracking the tile (?) of the Overwatch Museum floor and picking up and throwing the large piece of machinery that Reaper dropped on him in Winston's animated short. Rein's only real strength feat would be sending a thug on a bike back with his charge and lifting up a Bastion unit, scrapping it against the ground as he went charging, and then throwing one at other Bastion units. I guess it would depend on how much a Bastion weighs.

My guess would be what you said earlier, about Primal Rage Winston being stronger than Rein.

How much would Orisa's attacks hurt Doomfist? He seemed immune to Genji and Tracer

He was immune thanks to his shield ability, where if he does a certain amount of damage he gains shield. That's why they weren't even hitting him. Not sure they would be able to do much to him, though.

How many punches would it take to drop Reinhardt?

Rein doesn't really have any durability feats so it's hard to say. Genji was able to survive at least one punch that made him dent a car in, so I'm sure it would be at least a few.

How many hammer hits would it take to drop Doomfist?

As far as I'm aware, DF doesn't have any durability feats outside of his shield. I'm sure a charged hammer strike like the one Balderich did in his final moments would put him in a world of hurt.

sladerulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas: i just checked, the bastion units have no confirmed weight, but he did carry a largw Minigun, comparable to a M61 Vulcan. And he also can turn into a tank, as we already know.

A Vulcan weighs a little over 200 tons while some turrets found on tanks can weigh nearly 6 tons.

This doesn't mean he weighs the same, but it's something to conaider.

Reaper4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomfist is faster than either of them and is more than strong enough to take either of them down

Dolchio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this is the lore version then Doomfist should win.

Doomfist hits like a wet noodle in OW2 these days however. Either of them solo in-game.