#1 Posted by Arcus1 (27486 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Tornado:

No Caption Provided

VS

Mera:

No Caption Provided

When these two elementals do battle, who will win?

Composite pre/post Flashpoint feats for both (including feats from the Earth 2 series versions of both)

Fight takes place on a deserted beach

Starting distance is 50 feet

Both are in character. Victory by ko

Who wins?

Avatar image for supremegeneration
#2 Posted by SupremeGeneration (10197 posts) - - Show Bio

Yass, more original battles, less shitty live action!

OT: No clue, lol.

#3 Posted by Aqualion0 (288 posts) - - Show Bio

Tornado.

#4 Posted by King-Ragnar (2799 posts) - - Show Bio

Tornado.

#5 Posted by Supermanthor (5115 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by Arcus1 (27486 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by King-Ragnar (2799 posts) - - Show Bio

@arcus1: Her powers won't work on him.

#8 Edited by Veshark (10438 posts) - - Show Bio

Granted, I’ve only read a couple appearances from both characters, but I’m inclined to lean towards Red Tornado for a close call.

Mera has arguably superior physicals in terms of offense. I’m confident she’s stronger than Tornado in terms of striking (see: her performances against Wonder Woman and Superman), though the two likely have comparable speed. But then again, Tornado has shown enough blunt-force durability to endure blows from upper-tier characters like Despero, so I’m doubtful that would be a game-changer. Especially since we’re using a Composite Tornado, and many of the android’s bodies have shown a spotaneous healing factor.

But physicals won’t be the defining factor here, as it really just comes down to air vs water. Like others have pointed out, Mera’s hydrokinesis won’t work on Red Tornado (him being an android) so there’s no dehydration trick here. And Tornado can definitely function in water too, so no chance of shorting him out either. Her manipulation of water basically comes down to using it as blunt-force, which Tornado can easily tank or avoid.

I see Red Tornado keeping out of range with his flight, and keeping her off-balance with high-speed winds that would kick up the beach and even lift Mera out of her element into the air. One could argue that Tornado also possesses enough power to counter Mera’s hydrokinesis with his winds; it’s the wind that makes a hurricane after all, not the water. One well-placed blast of a F5 tornado should be enough to knock Mera out.

Good fight though, props for originality.

#9 Posted by Arcus1 (27486 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not like manipulating the water in people's bodies is her only option

#10 Posted by King-Ragnar (2799 posts) - - Show Bio

@arcus1 said:
@king-ragnar said:

It's not like manipulating the water in people's bodies is her only option

Her physicals aren't going to be a problem for someone who can tank hits from a teambuster such as Despero.

#11 Posted by Mooty_Pass (9345 posts) - - Show Bio

Mera should have no problem taking this.

Avatar image for breaking_brads_void
#12 Posted by Breaking_Brads_Void (1006 posts) - - Show Bio

Tornado.

Avatar image for xmangog__beastx
#13 Posted by xMangog__Beastx (3742 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Tornado. Dont think some of Meras major hax would do much to him.

#14 Edited by Eeef (1715 posts) - - Show Bio

Mera isn't effectively harming Red Tornado (especially when he's got shields to protect him) on terrain land, which gives him more than enough time to cook up some wind bursts to knock her out.

#15 Edited by Ashrym (2673 posts) - - Show Bio

Mera's physcals have had her up against MMH, Superman, and Wonder Woman. Reddy's a tank and has taken hefty blows but I'm not convinced he overcomes her durability before she overcomes his.

Reddy is immune to her hax, true, but the power of her hydrokinesis is beyond him.

She can create water constructs that can be sharp hard-water and not just blunt force.

She encased herself in a giant humanoid water construct when she flattened Karaku.

She held back a city sized tsunsmi against Orm's control.

She protected herself and Aquaman from a nuclear explosion with a hard-water barrier.

She held back 200 mile diameter ocean from the surface down to Atlantis.

Reddy's body has been damaged many times while I don't see his attacks getting through her shields.

I vote Mera. Kudos on a strong match up that took some thought.

#16 Posted by MrStranger (1812 posts) - - Show Bio

Tornado.

#17 Posted by Arcus1 (27486 posts) - - Show Bio

@ashrym said:

Kudos on a strong match up that took some thought.

Thank you

Avatar image for matchesmalone21
#18 Posted by matchesmalone21 (11360 posts) - - Show Bio

Mera might be powerful and able to destroy his body, but for those who don't know the character Red Tornado is an elemental, an wind elemental who inhabits the body of an on functional android. She can't fight a elemental...She can't fight the air itself!!

Creates winds powerful enough to destroy a Black Lantern.
Creates winds powerful enough to destroy a Black Lantern.

(In Human Form) Creates 550 mph winds to rip  Solomon Grundy in half.
(In Human Form) Creates 550 mph winds to rip Solomon Grundy in half.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2
(In Spirit Form) Creates winds so powerful that Amazo could resist. This version of Amazo has the powers of the original 7 members and Firestorm, Red Arrow, Black Canary,Black Lightning and Hawkgirl.
#19 Posted by Batvibe12 (5035 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Tornado.

Avatar image for matchesmalone21
#20 Posted by matchesmalone21 (11360 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by Sy8000 (34637 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Tornado has no blood to exploit so he probably wins.

#22 Posted by Ashrym (2673 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: That version of Amazo spent too much time analyzing attacks and changing JL powers to counter, and 550 mph winds are nothing compared to the relative speed of water as she goes hypersonic through it.

The problem is still her hard water barriers and massive area of her attack power. I don't think he's got winds powerful enough to destroy a wave the size she's shown with the force she's shown using water to restrain Superman and Wonder Woman.

#23 Posted by Darth_Nimrod (2268 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Tornado.