owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1 owie  Moderator

Red Sonja vs Snake Eyes

Red Sonja has a longsword. Snake Eyes has a katana.

Round 1: Composite comics versions.

Round 2: Movie (live action) versions.

In character.

Win by any means.

Who wins and why?

Battle takes place in Snake River Canyon, starting at 30'.

Red Sonja
Red Sonja
Snake Eyes
Snake Eyes
destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Comic version Sonja stomps real hard, she stalemated comic Conan several times and has beaten much bigger bads.

Movie version don't know, she did the same there, and was said to be a grandmaster of the sword, but snake eyes is Swift and doesn't fight the way she was used to fighting. Tough call here not sure

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snake.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4 Lunacyde  Moderator

I'd love to comment, but I've never read Sonja.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Wyldsong

Movie version of Sonja gets stomped. There really is no debate to be had there, as Snake Eyes is just too fast and overall more superhuman than movie Sonja.

Comic version of Sonja...I need to know more about comic Snake Eyes...@owie, do you happen to have any feats? This is where Sonja would have a chance, since in the comics, she is definitively superhuman, with lifetimes of experience, having been reborn numerous times, and even has canon feats of keeping up with Marvel street levelers.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 owie  Moderator

@wyldsong said:

Movie version of Sonja gets stomped. There really is no debate to be had there, as Snake Eyes is just too fast and overall more superhuman than Sonja.

Comic version of Sonja...I need to know more about comic Snake Eyes...@owie, do you happen to have any feats? This is where Sonja would have a chance, since in the comics, she is definitively superhuman, with lifetimes of experience, having been reborn numerous times, and even has canon feats of keeping up with Marvel street levelers.

I do, but I think @lunacyde would do a better job of representing the modern Snake Eyes (who is a big step up on 80s Snake Eyes); luna's definitely got a more comprehensive awareness of contemporary feats. I would in general say that contemporary Snake Eyes is a bullet timer and very skilled fighter, with plenty of other skilled ninjas that he fights against. Not sure who has better agility, I know Sonja has superhuman agility for sure, and is probably stronger, plus she's got that healing factor. In terms of Sonja's appearance vs Spider-man, one would be able to counter with Snake Eyes vs the Transformers, like one time when he felled somebody, I think Starscream, in one blow to the eye, or something absurd like that.

In terms of 80s Snake Eyes, who I've got more of my own scans of, he was a good enough ninja to defeat Storm Shadow, who had trained all his life, after only a couple years of his own training. He had some pretty solid durability feats in walking away from a helicopter crash with his face literally on fire while carrying someone else, and surviving a brain wave scanner which causes great pain by using internal body control to temporarily stop his heart and breathing. He successfully fought sharks underwater, and took on a whole army base with just Stormshadow by his side. Stormshadow, who says that Snake Eyes is better in swordfighting, can catch crossbow bolts and is fast enough to dodge the combined gunfire of 80-120 soldiers with machine guns while carrying Snake Eyes, and is fast enough to grab a gun before it is shot at him. Another member of their order, who Snakes is approximately equal to, blocked missiles from extreme close range, and threw a guy and then took out 3 other guys and then ran out of a building before the first guy broke through a window in mid-flight. I can show scans of any of that if you want.

None of which is an argument for Snake Eyes winning, just to give you a picture of him.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Snake Eyes crushes her.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By Wyldsong

@owie: In a few days, I will be working on an overview kind of post for Sonja (for something else), but I'll drop it here and see what you think. Hopefully @lunacyde can give me some feats on modern Snake Eyes?

As for the Transformers stuff...while Sonja has not really faced giant robots, she has taken down creatures as big, if not bigger than the Transformers, not to mention taking on shark creatures underwater, and so on, so I think there might be some comparable feats worth discussing here. Again, she is just lacking bullet timing feats due to her era, although she has feats with bullet timers as stated previously=)

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 owie  Moderator
@wyldsong said:

@owie: In a few days, I will be working on an overview kind of post for Sonja (for something else), but I'll drop it here and see what you think. Hopefully @lunacyde can give me some feats on modern Snake Eyes?

As for the Transformers stuff...while Sonja has not really faced giant robots, she has taken down creatures as big, if not bigger than the Transformers, not to mention taking on shark creatures underwater, and so on, so I think there might be some comparable feats worth discussing here. Again, she is just lacking bullet timing feats due to her era, although she has feats with bullet timers as stated previously=)

Looking forward to it. Your post on Sonja for a CAV a while ago (vs Xena maybe?) was very enlightening, it will be interesting to see an update on what she's done since then. I actually noticed that she's in contemporary NYC in the current issue comic out this week, I may check that out.

Rockette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Rockette

R1 - Comic version(s) = Red Sonja for the slight majority win.

R2 - Movie version(s) = Snake Eyes wins the majority.

These are two of my favorite all-time "peak-human/meta-humans".

I know one thing, if Snake Eyes beats her in either Round, this ends in sex.

She only beds a man that can beat her in single combat, and that's rare.

Snake Eyes gets RAVAGED if he wins.

So... wins all around!

Marishtar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@owie:

R1: Sonja clearly. He isn't strong enough.

R2: Snake Eyes with ease. Her movie version was pathetic.