• 
Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I just don't see Daredevil hearing his own breathing after this fight. Not saying it's a stomp because I haven't read any New-52 Jason, but I've seen feats, and so I stick to my opinion.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#102  Edited By AllStarSuperman

"Your aim is to try and make everyone come to your understanding of the match."

Isn't that exactly what I am supposed to do? I would hope people would look at my posts and see where I am coming from. They don't have to agree 100% with everything I say, but they should atleast be objective. Definitely not like a certain few, who just try to "win" everything.

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenaughtytitan said:

"Your aim is to try and make everyone come to your understanding of the match."

Isn't that exactly what I am supposed to do? I would hope people would look at my posts and see where I am coming from. They don't have to agree 100% with everything I say, but they should atleast be objective. Definitely not like a certain few, who just try to "win" everything.

You said the aim of battle threads was to try and reach an understanding. From the looks of things you're not trying to do so, you're only acknowledging your own position as I've already said.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By TheNaughtyTitan

@allstarsuperman: Anyway that's all I've got to say, I'm not trying to derail this anymore than I already have.

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@nefarious said:

DD might win with prep time.

..Can you atleast read my post, please................

Umm...ok.

@nefarious: It's only a day and both still have standard gear. Jason has slightly better chance but Matt should still win the fair majority.

Agreed, DD has prepped while in fights.

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

@allstarsuperman: I don't think I've ever seen a person as insecure about a fictional character as you are on Jason Todd.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#109  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#110  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@theacidskull said:

@allstarsuperman: I don't think I've ever seen a person as insecure about a fictional character as you are on Jason Todd.

On a lighter note, just for you, broski.

No Caption Provided

Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

@theacidskull said:

On a lighter note, just for you, broski.

No Caption Provided
;)
;)

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#113  Edited By GhostRavage
NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By lxlGiftedlxl

Dare Devil should win this fight.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Lol this thread. Jason might win this, might not. I haven't personally decided, but beating Dick or Bruce?

Yeah...

As for the thread, I honestly think it can go either way.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

You can't have a trending Jason Todd thread without AllStarSuperman fervently asserting that Jason is better than whoever he's fighting. Nothing new here I see.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Matt just has a better record against better opponents, on top of better skill showings and radar sense

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good thing you guys actually read my posts, and did it objectively. But no, CV doesn't work like that. All we got here is a bunch of HoFers patting eachothers dicks.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep, Matt still wins. :D

SavageJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Given the people DD has fought I have to say he wins. The only way I can see Red Hood pulling a win is if he finds a way to seriously disable his senses, which I do not think he is smart enough to do.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: I read your arguments and I don't interpret the scans and fights the same way you do. I also don't interpret the dd feats the same as you. In my opinion you tend to overplay Todd's feats and downplay matt's. There isn't anything wrong with that as you are a skilled presenter and lay out arguments really well. Obviously you love Todd as a character. I do the same with danny rand so I try not to debate him and just post facts and context if I see someone doesn't know. Anyways we will have to agree to disagree ...as I see winter soldier, taskmaster, frank castle as equals or better than Jason and dd beats them.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho: thanks for being at least reasonable.

wyattoak20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

red hood all the way id like the dardevil dodge a bunch of bullet and batmans traing put to use.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

red hood all the way id like the dardevil dodge a bunch of bullet and batmans traing put to use.

He has deflected multiple bullets and dodged such characters as punisher and The Winter soldier so no reason to think he wouldn't be able to do the same to Jason...

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By AllStarSuperman
Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

Hood one shots

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: You're wrecking this thread. Too many people are unable to be objective and see passed the fictional food chain that has been hammered into our heads by popularity and out of context scans perpetrated by people who don't even read comics. If I were you I would quit while I'm ahead, because the Comic Vine elitists are already coming down on you hard for having an opinion.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@nickzambuto: by elitists,you mean HoF, and by HoF, you mean pointless popularity contest. Seriously I can't fathom why having your name on a list on the Internet can possibly make you feel superior and smarter then someone. I have valid points, I posted my thoughts cleanly and concisely, yet I am still treated like shit and have my posts ignored. For example, I have a big effing post breaking down why Jason has beat Batman before, yet in repose I get Granite Soldiers "lol, Jason's isn't beating Batman or Nightwing" bullshit.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: The sad part is how certain users like to rebut me by bringing up that they are in the HoF so they must be right. Like, what? Are you actually serious with that? Are you seriously serious?

I'm not a big fan of this word, but I think it fits here... talk about being a loser.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Sy8000  Online

@allstarsuperman: You're wrecking this thread. Too many people are unable to be objective and see passed the fictional food chain that has been hammered into our heads by popularity and out of context scans perpetrated by people who don't even read comics. If I were you I would quit while I'm ahead, because the Comic Vine elitists are already coming down on you hard for having an opinion.

This isn't about "having an opinion", it's about him blatantly saying he has no respect for other people in this thread because of them disagreeing with him, insisting that this is because of ignorance and that it will never change because of bias.

You're bringing your own grievances into a different thread. This is exactly like the Raiden Adamantium thread when you went on about Snake being underrated even though it had jack sh!t to do with the discussion at hand. Write a blog if you want but there are different threads for different problems.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: If you read my posts, the problem isn't that I disagree, it's that GR has a completely wrong mindset about how the battles forums work.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Sy8000  Online

@highaccuser: If you read my posts, the problem isn't that I disagree, it's that GR has a completely wrong mindset about how the battles forums work.

And that's just something you get to declare? That he's objectively wrong?

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@highaccuser: I can't just say he is wrong about who wins a fight between fictional characters. That should he obvious.

What I can say is that he is wrong going into this with the mentality that he "needs to win". How can he "makes sure he wins" if he doesn't actually know Jason's feats?

See the problem here? I am knowledgeable on one character, he about the other. I can't just say "Daredevil has no skill......because I have never actually read a Daredevil story". Yet, that's exactly what GR did with Jason. Just because you don't know a characters feats, doesn't make them featless.

Back on topic, sure CaVs and definitely Tournaments, those are meant to win. But a regular battle thread? No. It's about discussion to find out who would really win. Bias and favorites aside.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e291995a18d6
deactivated-5e291995a18d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: To be fair there's nothing wrong with @granitesoldier disagreeing with you, I get it's frustrating to have a post you put a lot of effort into rebutted with a single sentence, but a lot of people may disagree with your interpretation of some scans.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Test

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: Yeah that was weird must of been a glitch on the site.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By AllStarSuperman

Oh Jesus guys, I thought I got banned.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebourneposter: Yeah, banned for like 10 mins, then poof I could get on but...couldn't freaking post.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh Jesus guys, I thought I got banned.

LOL I'm sure a lot of us did. But, in my case I was like ummm I haven't even been using comicvine enough to have done anything to be banned...I was like uhhh Derp.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By TheNaughtyTitan
@nickzambuto said:

Welp I've seen it all. Two of the most biased users on CV criticizing others for being "unable" to be objective.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

What did I just come into?

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

That Ackles gif perfectly describes how I feel about the posts in this thread.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Right there with you lol but this is how I feel about a lot of vs threads

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#146  Edited By GhostRavage

@allstarsuperman: I wasn't planning on replying back considering how obnoxious your unnecessary rant was but i seriously can't help myself from calling bullshit when i see it, specially towards someone who thinks so high about himself yet is a freaking joke of an user. That said, let's get to the argument.

Disclaimer: I won't reply back if you do.

No man, it's entirely the same story. Batman beats Daredevil, that is fact. Why does he beat him? Skill and Equipment advantages. Now add this to the fact that Jason has beaten Batman in both skill and equipment, it clearly means he has the ability to beat Daredevil as well.

This is utter bullshit and you're stretching Red Hood's capabilities WAY too much to fit an argument that has an astonishing delusional base to begin with. Jason didn't beat Batman and the 3rd retelling of the story doesn't even compare to the other 2, mainly because the other 2 show Batman almost delivering a finishing move on a Jason that is on the floor whereas the instance in New-52 shows Batman already knowing he's fighting Jason, with Jason putting his foot on Batman's chest. Jason didn't beat Batman and the fact Jason actually knew Batman and what he can do, to the point of Batman himself claiming Jason came prepared with a knife to cut through his armor means Jason had preparation against someone he already knew plenty of his tricks, the same can't be said about Batman because Jason died so much time ago he wasn't expecting Red Hood to be Jason, let alone Jason dying as a Robin with average skill and returning with a lot more knowledge on combat. Either way, NO and with the most unbiased eyes i can get myself to use, NO, Jason did not beat Batman and it's funny because you need to cite the same instance thrice to imply such a flawed point. Batman has WAY better feats against several noteworthy characters and has proven consistently to be the BEST of the Bat Family followed closely by Cassie as far as combat prowess goes.

I'll just throw some up to save us some time.

LMAO. Not only your prediction was completely off, but the fact i don't consider my arguments to be that sloppy and definitive, i think that would suit more to someone like you, considering that's what i'm getting from YOUR arguments. You didn't save any time, i'm going to respond to the bunch of overwanked nonsense you posted here and then some more.

False. Jason isn't actually trying to shoot Bruce. If Jason knows his opponent personally, he won't use his guns against them lethally. He uses then to direct his opponents into traps or just where it would better suit him to engage them in a fight. Tim says so in his solo Robin series.

Daredevil has dodged Punisher's bullets, darts and assault rifle's shooting when he wasn't holding back, considering Punisher would humiliate Jason as far as marksmanship goes, i don't see why Daredevil couldn't do the same, even more so considering bullets have never been an issue for Daredevil and they are by far, the worst jobbers of comics as everyone and their mothers dodge them all the time. I could care less about what Jason is going to do with those guns but i truly hope you're not implying he'll tag someone who can feel the bullets traveling in the air, leaving the muzzle and react accordingly.

False. Jason has never fought Batman with the intention of seriously harming him, let alone killing him. Sure Bruce holds back as well, but only in every other fight but their first encounter, when Batman was unaware it was Jason, and was sick of the games and trying to end the fight. This should be obvious, but at least Lobdell did something right and gave me some proof:

Good, that means Jason is just another street leveler that doesn't want to kill his relatives, should i mention even Wolverine which has an assassin instinct exponentially worse than Jason also holds back against pretty much everybody he knows? Batman wanted to end the fight and was actually about to do it if it wasn't for Jason taking off his mask and Bruce just standing there. Get out with your bias and butthurt, Jason is second to Nightwing and certainly under Bruce as well.

While yes, Matt has faster feats then Jason, and while yes Matt is more agile, Jason is definitely not outclassed. Batman has compared Jason's agility to Grayson's, ya know, the world's greatest acrobat. Grayson is stated multiple times to be faster then Batman himself, yet Jason has tagged him with batarangs, and even outpaced him in their fight (Outsiders 44). Yeah, Murdock does has faster reaction feats, there's nothing i can post for Jason directly to put him on the same level. But what I can do is say Batman is just as fast as Matt, dodging snipers off instinct, blocking machine gun fire off his gauntlets, blitzing a dozen guys (disarming them so fast they down even see him), and despite all this Jason was able to outpace Batman in a fight. Remember? At one point, Jason knees Bruce in the face, cuts off his belt, backfists him across the face, slices his chest open, kicks his chest, and lands an insanely precise cut across Batman's mask so he can rip it off later. Matt is not too fast for Jason.

Nobody said Jason was outclassed, you're the one putting words in my mouth all this time and i don't even understand what you're problem with me, you've been overly aggressive over a topic that wasn't even escalating as far as i could tell. Statements are all good and dandy but the same goes to Daredevil fighting Spider-Man toe to toe and Spider-Man surely outclasses both Grayson and Jason as far as feats go. I'm not saying Daredevil would outclass him but Jason is not faster than him and Grayson LACKS Daredevil's senses which allow him to react with uncanny speed towards projectiles, i can agree Grayson is around Daredevil's acrobatic prowess but reaction-wise, Daredevil is absolutely superior to both Jason and Dick. Again, nobody said Daredevil is too fast for Jason, hell, you completely made that argument up.

I am not gonna counter everything in your old post, but just a couple things I think are pretty important. This is too save us both some time, not because I can't actually counter or pull out some nonsense things you said.

You won't do it because you freaking can't.

Jason's guns blow holes in guys with armour three times as thick as Matts. His bullets would break right through Matt's armour and his weapons.

That's assuming Jason is actually tagging someone who puts bullets from ANYONE into shame, not that it matters because it was clearly stated bullets can't penetrate Daredevils armor and that coupled with the fact he can react to them he can surely avoid great impact on his armor at the very least.

Dude, I'm sorry, but you clearly didn't read it good enough. It is one of the most context heavy stories of all time. Dick Grayson was destined to be the new Batman, Jason was portrayed as the enemy standing in his way. Jason was not incharacter for this story, he previously had watched some video that Bruce made, that caused him to lose his shit (Even UtRH Jason wouldn't shoot Damian). When the fight actually starts Jason baits Dick into a taser trap, it knocks him down for a moment, something Jason doesn't capitalize on. Jason was a dumb villain here, not an extremely tactical anti-hero that he was before. Jason jobs and monologues about how Dick should be his Robin (Jason would never want that in character), giving Grayson the time to regain his strength, stand up, and punch him across the face. Now the fight starts and Jason actually manages to hit Grayson with some fear gas, then that's about it.....the only attacks Jason lands on Dick from this point is some point blank batarangs and IIRC only 1 punch. This goes against every fight they have previously had. Their most famous fight is Outsiders 44, which is written by Winick, Jason's definitive writer, and writer of UtRH, Winick is also an experienced Nightwing writer as well. Tony Daniel, the writer of BftC, is..........not a writer at all, he was an artist, this was his first story IIRC. He is even known for his writing to be bland and pretty bad (Batman Reborn- non Morrison stuff, Catwoman IIRC, New 52 Deathstroke and New 52 Detective Comics). I have also read interviews where Daniel said this was his way to make Jason a villain and never give him the chance to be a good guy again..............obviously his plans didn't stick. For all these reasons and more, BftC should not be taken seriously for its portrayal of Jason Todd.

This is by far the most embarrassing excuse to justify Jason losing to Nightwing, he lost, it was addressed more than once after that issue going as far as mentioning it in New-52 as well, even if you don't agree with what was portrayed, Nightwing beat him and as far as i can tell, the issue was a legit one. I mean, you spent that much time writing this mini essay but restrained yourself from "losing" time addressing the important points. It's freaking idiotic.

Yeah, that's not too impressive considering Jason was able to disappear on Supergirl and she couldn't find him even with X Rays and planet level super hearing.

Sure, Batman does the same with Superman all the time, it's not like Jason is going to hide from Matt because besides hearing, he still has smell and no one can hide from him that way, not that it matters considering Supergirl wasn't paying attention to him when he escaped and she sure as hell is not trained to separate sounds and focusing on some like Daredevil does. Basically, THIS IS FREAKING IRRELEVANT.

And that's better then both Batman and Nightwing complimenting the Red Hood? (Obviously before they knew who he was)

Sure, Batman can always compliment his beloved ones.

Boy am I gonna start some shit with this comment.......This is why you shouldn't be on the Hall of Fame, this is why I personally don't respect a damn thing you say.Debates like this are to learn about the other character, not prove who would win at all costs. I am open minded, I know you that you know more about Daredevil then I do, I also know that you agreed that Batman could beat him. So me saying (and showing) that Jason is superior to Batman should prove to you, that I am right. On the other hand, you just think Daredevil wins, and nothing, nothing at all will change your mind. You are going into this with the mindset that you need to "win". That's not the point at all. Chill out, slow the F down, and try to learn something about Jason, cause you obviously know very little about him or his abilities.

You started it, now i really want you to hold your ground and defend these words because i won't be pulling mine either. This paragraph is basically why you're a joke in this site and people make threads with Red Hood and Hit Girl just to laugh at your posts considering the unbearable bias behind them. I wasn't expecting you to post this outburst about something that wasn't even destined to be addressed in such manner. I could care less about your respect, i didn't need it when i was voted in the Hall of Fame and SPEAKING OF WHICH, i can't fathom the reason why you brought it up? Do you know my reputation was made BEFORE i was voted in the Hall of Fame? The title means nothing and i never bring that up, you're the one seemingly butthurt enough to bring such topic to the debate and undersell my approach because i was inducted? Seriously, are you 12 or something? Go choke on your cheetos for all i care, this debate has gone to shit because of you, don't mind in replying. Hell, i even feel bad by lowering myself to this level.

so I guess Red Hood wins? Cool.

The irony behind this comment is hilarious, i mean, ARE YOU AWARE THAT THE SOLE REASON OF YOUR PMS OUTBURST WAS BECAUSE I SAID I WAS NOT GOING TO LET YOU WIN? Then you came at me like a rabid dog stating debates are not meant to be won but just meant to educate people... Well, just for your very unique mind to know, debates are INDEED WON or LOST and educational material comes as a side-effect of a good debate, which clearly this one isn't.

Either way, as i said before, don't mind in replying because you've lost any possibility of debating me, not because you're actually a good debater, which i think completely the opposite on top of that i think you're very butthurt about something that doesn't really matter, and i can't deal with drama queens. However, if you DO reply, just post the moment i mentioned my title on the HoF, post where did i try to make me look superior. I want this proof.

@nickzambuto You're another joke that consistently bails out of CaVs and debates after being spanked several times and called out for stating bullshit all the time. You're siding with >ASS< because you're another user who's just butthurt that hasn't made it to the HoF, which in all honesty if that means so little to you guys you shouldn't be bringing it every time someone disagrees with you. It is your takes, both of your takes are freaking ridiculous as far as your characters goes and even if i had 4 days in the vine, less than 10 posts and no reputation whatsoever i would still call them ridiculous. His and your arguments suck and there's no title, HoF or reputation involved in that thought.

Now, you do a really cute couple and i approve it, go screw around somewhere else, drink tea and rant about how you'll never get into the HoF precisely because you can't debate against an inductee without bringing such a meaningless point.

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RolandAlderas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 44