• 92 results
Avatar image for bluelettermedia
#1 Posted by BlueLetterMedia (156 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

RULES:

1: Rebirth feats only. Don't ignore this please.

2: No prep for anyone, both are morals on.

3: Starts 10 meters away, flight is restricted. Takes place in generic city setting at night with no sentinent beings, indestructible.

4: Standard gear.

#3 Edited by Au_141 (774 posts) - - Show Bio

Rebirth Superman. He was still fighting/holding off people like Doomsday and Zod who should still be high tier. Correct me if I'm wrong

#4 Posted by Black_Arrow (10124 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman.

#5 Posted by BlueLetterMedia (156 posts) - - Show Bio

@au_141 said:

Rebirth Superman. He was still fighting/holding off people like Doomsday and Zod who should still be high tier. Correct me if I'm wrong

I don't want to hijack my own thread but Rebirth Superman is not a high tier. He got one shotted by Zod in one occasion, too.

He had help against Doomsday as well, and Rebirth Doomsday is close to featless so I don't see how this makes this thread a mismatch?

#6 Edited by Lvenger (36049 posts) - - Show Bio

@bluelettermedia: Lex and Wonder Woman didn't really do anything to Doomsday though, Superman was the only one who could last in a fight against it. And you are hijacking your own thread :P If by Zod one shotting Superman you mean screaming in his ear, that's not really a one shot.

#7 Posted by EmpressOfDread (11579 posts) - - Show Bio

@bluelettermedia: can you post the scans for Zod one shotting rebirth Superman. Thanks.

Avatar image for masterskywalker
#8 Posted by MasterSkywalker (3609 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk tears him in half.

#9 Posted by TheVivas (18633 posts) - - Show Bio

Inb4 Superman is a mid-tier.

#10 Posted by BlueLetterMedia (156 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@bluelettermedia: Lex and Wonder Woman didn't really do anything to Doomsday though, Superman was the only one who could last in a fight against it. And you are hijacking your own thread :P If by Zod one shotting Superman you mean screaming in his ear, that's not really a one shot.

Diana saved Clark by grabbing Doomsday's arm and throwing him off briefly. He had help for sure, not really what I'd call impressive.

How is it not? He took advantage of his super hearing and overloaded it, which one shotted him.

@bluelettermedia: can you post the scans for Zod one shotting rebirth Superman. Thanks.

No Caption Provided

#11 Edited by TheVivas (18633 posts) - - Show Bio

@bluelettermedia: Lex had his armor ripped apart by Doomsday. Diana helped in that instance and a few more times when Doomsday went to find Jon and before he was sealed away. Outside of that, all of the fighting was Superman against him. So no, saying “he had help” doesn’t make the feat any less great. And it was stated multiple times that it’s the same Doomsday that fought and killed Superman before.

#12 Edited by Black_Arrow (10124 posts) - - Show Bio

@bluelettermedia: Superman received lots of hits from Zod and the whole Revenge squad before that scan but also the scan mentions that Zod's super shout work because Superman was actively focusing in Zod's heart beat because he lost his sight.

#13 Posted by BlueLetterMedia (156 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for allstarsuperman
#14 Posted by AllStarSuperman (42332 posts) - - Show Bio

What the hell is up with Superman’s hearing these days.....it’s not a goddamn weakness.....

#15 Edited by EmpressOfDread (11579 posts) - - Show Bio

@bluelettermedia:

to be fair he was actually not knocked out. But I do not understand his massive powerup to the point of manhandling rebirth Superman. He was also one shotting Supergirl. EDIT: I have not started reading rebirth yet did he (Zod) get some power up?

No Caption Provided

#16 Posted by KanyeCosby (6103 posts) - - Show Bio

How the mighty have fallen...

#17 Edited by Au_141 (774 posts) - - Show Bio

@bluelettermedia said:
@au_141 said:

I don't want to hijack my own thread but Rebirth Superman is not a high tier. He got one shotted by Zod in one occasion, too.

He had help against Doomsday as well, and Rebirth Doomsday is close to featless so I don't see how this makes this thread a mismatch?

You should post the rest of fight and use the right context for that scan. First, in the pages preceding that scan Superman was trading blows with Zod and even made him bleed... Second, Superman was blind at the time and was superhearing to replace his vision thus making him vulnerable to sonic attacks.

The pages leading up to that scan are here linked here.

In addition, being weak to sonic attacks doesn't make someone more powerful by defualt. Example Cyborg and Superman. Victor would get rolled by Superman yet if he gets a sonic attack off in time he can manage to give Superman trouble.

Also, nowhere in my statement did I say it was a mismatch. I don't know enough about Grey Hulk to say it is. Likewise, I said specifically that Zod is high tier...

Try not to put words in my mouth.

#18 Posted by dondave (41739 posts) - - Show Bio

Clark

#19 Posted by Illuminated (742 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe Clark but i am not sure really, despite being the weakest Hulk incarnation, Fixit is still no joke. On the other hand Rebirth Superman has become quite a joke...

Avatar image for deactivated-5b728068f211c
#20 Posted by deactivated-5b728068f211c (7069 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman.

#21 Posted by Pokeysteve (11984 posts) - - Show Bio

Not the first time his hearing has been used against him. WW has done the same thing.

Avatar image for _kingoflatveria
#22 Posted by _KingofLatveria (17518 posts) - - Show Bio

What the hell is up with Superman’s hearing these days.....it’s not a goddamn weakness.....

lol

#23 Posted by XLR87T3 (8861 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by MightyKalEl (2157 posts) - - Show Bio

Out of context scans and misrepresentation of feats/incidents.

#25 Edited by Toratorn (5434 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for proteusxmanrxis
#26 Posted by ProteusXManRxis (4445 posts) - - Show Bio

Supes.

#27 Posted by Chad_Duby (4636 posts) - - Show Bio

Bendis...

#28 Posted by BruceRogers (16567 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pokeysteve: WW shattered his eardrums by smacking him with her bracelets with such force that her ears were ringing. Superman recently got taken down by...Batman's whistling. Big difference.

#29 Edited by Lvenger (36049 posts) - - Show Bio

@bluelettermedia: Diana helped him for 4 pages out of a 6 issue story arc and got overpowered by Doomsday at least 3 times very quickly. Lex got his armour shredded in seconds so he wasn't any help either. Superman lasted the longest alone against Doomsday out of the trio. Also, Doomsday tanked Superman throwing him from America to the Himalayas where Rebirth Superman's Fortress was so that's a decent feat.

#30 Posted by theyoungwolf (294 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by Gokluma (7626 posts) - - Show Bio

Is Rebirth Superman really that weak like DCAU levels?

#32 Posted by Vertigo- (17009 posts) - - Show Bio

@brucerogers:

Superman recently got taken down by...Batman's whistling

Please tell me you have a scan of this. This sounds hilarious

#33 Posted by KwasiD2k (844 posts) - - Show Bio

@vertigo-: That's OOC. Ivy just recently took over DC earth, and is currently controlling everyone, including the JL. It's full of crazy stuff like Catwoman taking out the Wallies & Barry, and Batman being brought back to life by Harley Quinn. Batman took out Clark by whispering something to Selena, and since Ivy can't control Superman like he can control himself she listens too hard which results in him getting ear rhaped, but nonetheless, here you go :)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#34 Posted by BruceRogers (16567 posts) - - Show Bio

@vertigo- said:

@brucerogers:

Superman recently got taken down by...Batman's whistling

Please tell me you have a scan of this. This sounds hilarious

Lol yeah. From Batman (2016) #42, same issue where Catwoman solo stomps 3 Flashes at once. The scans are posted by the poster above hehe.

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
#35 Posted by FireStarLord73194 (3845 posts) - - Show Bio

This rebirth superman stuff has to stop

#36 Posted by Lvenger (36049 posts) - - Show Bio
@gokluma said:

Is Rebirth Superman really that weak like DCAU levels?

He's not DCAU level for sure. DCAU Superman got KOed by the Watchtower's Binary Fusion Generator which was stated to be equivalent to a small nuclear weapon whereas Rebirth Superman no sold a 10 megaton explosion on the moon without a scratch. He is pretty weak compared with his New 52 or Pre Flashpoint power levels.

Until Superman gets better feats in the current comics or the people behind this joke get bored of it, I doubt it will.

#37 Posted by Gokluma (7626 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: True so basically a decently powered golden age superman level and i guess grey hulk would beat him like did with wonder man.

#38 Edited by Gaoron (7049 posts) - - Show Bio

@firestarlord73194: His stories got better or so I heard and good story > feats so I don't think DC is gonna stop.

#39 Posted by ShiZZmAhh (984 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm glad I stopped reading shortly after they killed off New 52 Superman.

#40 Posted by BlueLetterMedia (156 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@bluelettermedia: Diana helped him for 4 pages out of a 6 issue story arc and got overpowered by Doomsday at least 3 times very quickly. Lex got his armour shredded in seconds so he wasn't any help either.

As for the fight itself it's just 5, Doomsday fight didn't start until issue 2 and she didn't appear until 4. Also, I believe the fight was halted temporarily in the same issue since DD went to track down Jon like half way.

Lol yes he was, he helped out Clark during a pivotal moment where DD almost screwed him:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Superman lasted the longest alone against Doomsday out of the trio.

Never denied this, I just said he had help and even then still struggled immensely. He straight up admitted if WW didn't interfere in issue 6 he would've died.

His dad's minions and his son helped out too:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

DD overpowered Clark many times and he admitted he couldn't defeat him without heavy use of tactics and creating distance, even then he still failed to do it on his own.

Also, Doomsday tanked Superman throwing him from America to the Himalayas where Rebirth Superman's Fortress was so that's a decent feat.

Clark had to accelerate and give it his all to accomplish this though, and even the likes of She Hulk has tanked getting repeatedly punched across America by Giganta IIRC. Surviving a throw from that distance is pretty acceptable but not amazing.

@thevivas said:

@bluelettermedia: Lex had his armor ripped apart by Doomsday. Diana helped in that instance and a few more times when Doomsday went to find Jon and before he was sealed away. Outside of that, all of the fighting was Superman against him. So no, saying “he had help” doesn’t make the feat any less great. And it was stated multiple times that it’s the same Doomsday that fought and killed Superman before.

I touched on most of this above, and the third sentence is blatantly wrong.

Regardless, how is struggling against a DoS era Doomsday with all that trial & error and help "great"? I didn't know DoS Doomsday's glass busting shockwave finesse was considered so impressive around here.

#41 Posted by BlueLetterMedia (156 posts) - - Show Bio

@bluelettermedia: Superman received lots of hits from Zod and the whole Revenge squad before that scan but also the scan mentions that Zod's super shout work because Superman was actively focusing in Zod's heart beat because he lost his sight.

I don't recall him getting hit that often. He escaped from the Revenge Squad using tactics and the element of surprise and he tripped a few members here and there.

I'm aware of this, it mentions the fact that he was blind in the scan I posted itself but then again Batman has one shotted him using a similar tactic when Clark was mind controlled and Lex made his ears bleed with sonics when he wasn't even using his super hearing. It's pretty clear he has a major sonic weakness, more severe than most of his incarnations by far. Pretty sure Zod would still hurt him using that method even if he wasn't using his super hearing extensively.

Also Zod let an angry Clark hit him a ton of times and he didn't even get knocked down, just bled and continued to talk while getting punched repeatedly. Zod came out looking superior in that instance for sure.

#42 Posted by comic_book_fan (10421 posts) - - Show Bio

it would make since that loud sound would be a weakness for supes just like it is for logan

and the scream was described as shaking the whole place apart that would be like a slight noise from black bolt at point blank range while your listening for a heart beat that should definitely hurt him

#43 Posted by solo788 (788 posts) - - Show Bio

Surprised people mentioning the Zod showing aren't mentioning that he was BLIND against the squad and was still holding his own. Supes was throwing down with mostly just his hearing which Zod exploited. He's had some low showings but let's show all the context when posting pictures yeh?

#44 Posted by TheVivas (18633 posts) - - Show Bio

@bluelettermedia: My third sentence was “Outside of that, all of the fighting was Superman against him”. So not sure how that can be blatantly wrong when that’s what happened in the issue. Should try reading it before you lowball.

I didn’t know fighting off Doomsday *wasn’t* a great feat, but I guess there’s just those type of people nowadays.

#45 Edited by BlueLetterMedia (156 posts) - - Show Bio

@empressofdread said:

@bluelettermedia:

to be fair he was actually not knocked out. But I do not understand his massive powerup to the point of manhandling rebirth Superman. He was also one shotting Supergirl. EDIT: I have not started reading rebirth yet did he (Zod) get some power up?

No Caption Provided

Fair enough, but that single scream pretty much downed him for almost the entire issue after it happened. When he slowly tried to recover he just got kicked down immediately.

He wasn't amped in that instance, but he was heavily amped against the Green Lanterns when he fought them since he was drawing solar energy from 2 suns along with the rest of the Zod family. Also, I'd like to note that Rebirth Supes did alright against Zod and his entire family in another instance while they were all amped under 2 suns which is weird (he did get overpowered eventually though). It's somewhat inconsistent but I do think him getting hurt by the scream is legitimate considering it's consistently a severe weakness in Rebirth.

#46 Edited by BlueLetterMedia (156 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_arrow Nevermind, he did get tagged and beat up by the Revenge Squad for like a page or two but got saved by Lex, Superwoman, Supergirl & Steel. He was hurt badly though and they weren't trying to kill him immediately like Zod and Cyborg Zod said. They wanted to give him a slow and painful death for resisting.

@au_141 said:
@bluelettermedia said:
@au_141 said:

You should post the rest of fight and use the right context for that scan. First, in the pages preceding that scan Superman was trading blows with Zod and even made him bleed... Second, Superman was blind at the time and was superhearing to replace his vision thus making him vulnerable to sonic attacks.

He wasn't trading blows though. Zod bullrushed him, Supes punched him off once, then Zod wasn't fighting back on purpose and let Clark hit him multiple times without going down while continuing to speak casually, and then more or less one shotted him with that scream.

Except he's been vulnerable to sonic attacks throughout the entirety of Rebith as demonstrated with his fight with Lex and his encounter with Batman. He wasn't even using his super hearing against Lex yet his ears was bleeding because of Lex's sonics. Also, the exact context you're reciting is referenced explicitly in the scan I posted, so this retort is pointless.

In addition, being weak to sonic attacks doesn't make someone more powerful by defualt. Example Cyborg and Superman. Victor would get rolled by Superman yet if he gets a sonic attack off in time he can manage to give Superman trouble.

Zod tanked several attacks from an angry Clark in that instance and wasn't that hurt by it though. The main point is that Clark barely fended him off in the arc we're discussing currently, so using him to scale and implying he did well against him is strange to say the least, unless you're talking about that other instance with the Zod family.

Also, nowhere in my statement did I say it was a mismatch. I don't know enough about Grey Hulk to say it is. Likewise, I said specifically that Zod is high tier...

You said Doomsday was as well though. Fair enough about the mismatch thing though, my bad.

#47 Posted by NWgzsjUwhM96Y2 (3059 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: that nuke didnt even hit superman iirc. DCAU Superman one shots rebirth superman.

#48 Posted by EmpressOfDread (11579 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pokeysteve: WW shattered his eardrums by smacking him with her bracelets with such force that her ears were ringing. Superman recently got taken down by...Batman's whistling. Big difference.

and you know that is PIS Batman even stated that if it was Clark himself he has learned how to control his hearing. Now saying Rebirth Superman is not weak it just that this reason does not mean much.

#49 Posted by EmpressOfDread (11579 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Posted by BruceRogers (16567 posts) - - Show Bio

@empressofdread: Of course I know its PIS. I was just pointing out the absurdness of that instance.