Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

VS.

No Caption Provided
  • Superman can only use feats from Rebirth.
  • Hyperion is his 13034 version.
  • Morals Off
  • No BFR

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By Lvenger

Superman wins unless this turns into an arm wrestling contest due to having actual combat applicable feats.

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Superman wins unless this turns into an arm wrestling contest due to having actual combat applicable feats.

I'd say fighting evenly with Hulk is a good combat feat.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49375365792
deactivated-5e49375365792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@lvenger: Rebirth Superman is being treated differently now, he is much weaker right ?

Avatar image for deactivated-62aed95594e07
deactivated-62aed95594e07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@empressofdread: Superman's rebirth writers do not focus on giving him crazy feats, instead they give him good stories. They don't seem to care much about feats. That's why people consider him weaker than post crisis and new52 Supermen.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@charan_: well my question is if he is the same person then why is he being treated differently ? I know Superman is basically a weaker version, the DC guys keep reducing his power form PC to post crisis and then post flash point. He is getting weaker with retcons and reboots.

EDIT: I liked reading post crisis Superman comics, he used to get good feats and used his powers properly. Superman is supposed to be more powerful getting good stories is one thing. But he is not the same as PC Superman now, he used to use his enhanced senses x ray vision, infra red vision and microscopic vision and all to solve problems, used to use battle tactics and his abilities to the fullest.

Avatar image for deactivated-62aed95594e07
deactivated-62aed95594e07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@empressofdread: The answer to your question of why he is being treated differently has already been given. Tomasi and Gleason aren't known to write or give stellar crazy feats as far as I know and Jurgens isn't a fan of planetary feats either. We'll see how Bendis handles Superman once he takes charge of the super titles. People keep whining how overpowered Superman is all the time, maybe DC think it's better to reduce his power levels? I don't know. Technically he is the same as post crisis and post flashpoint Supermen, he just lacks feats on their level now.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5e88911c305b5
deactivated-5e88911c305b5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman. Current Hyperion is shit thanks to Nick Spencer. I swear Marvel is just wasting him

Grekko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jay_z94 said:
@lvenger said:

Current Hyperion is nothing like what he appeared in Hickmans Avengers, in fact if we take all the best and worst feats of Hyperion and try to find a middle ground, he is somewhere around mid-tier to low powerhouse level.

Avatar image for proteusxmanrxis
ProteusXManRxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Superman.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rebirth superman is still the new52/ post crisis superman so I am not sure why the separation. Even in recent comics, John releases a solar flare which was stated in the comic that he got it from Superman. So all his feats still belong to this Superman. I am not sure why comic vine trying to reset his feats.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

People need to learn what the word 'only' means.

Avatar image for masterskywalker
MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People need to learn what the word 'only' means.

Reading is taboo it's best to just speak your mind regardless of how amusing it'll sound to others.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Mr_Bavadin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hyperion loses

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both aren't that powerful, tbh, especially Superman. Hopefully he gets better soon by regaining his long lost awesomeness that he used to have which is highly unlikely considering Bendis is this close to writing Superman and Action comics in Jun (IIRC). However, since the topic limited Superman to "only" rebirth feats, I don't think they can actually hurt each other so this is a stalemate.

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hyperion

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hyperion, as of now.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hyperion wins.

CryoModeste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Hyp slaughters

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jay_z94 said:
@lvenger said:

Hyperion didn't really fight evenly with Hulk though, he blasted him with heat vision which did nothing and got one hit on Hulk after Abyss lost control. Hulk got 2 square hits on Hyperion by contrast. And Hulk ragdolled Marcus pretty easily in Superior Spider-Man Team Up #1.

theyoungwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:
@jay_z94 said:
@lvenger said:

Hyperion didn't really fight evenly with Hulk though, he blasted him with heat vision which did nothing and got one hit on Hulk after Abyss lost control. Hulk got 2 square hits on Hyperion by contrast.

The way I saw it, each character got off two attacks on the other, then Hulk reverted to Banner due to Abyss losing control. That looks pretty even to me.

And Hulk ragdolled Marcus pretty easily in Superior Spider-Man Team Up #1.

Well Hulk took him by surprise and attacked from behind, we can't really use that as a combat feat for either. I could just as easily say that Wolverine beats any High Tier character by stabbing them in the brain from behind.

Don't get me wrong, I think that Hulk is superior to Hyperion and would win in a fight. I'm just arguing that Hyperion does have good combat feats.

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By jay_z94

@termiteone4ever said:

Rebirth superman is still the new52/ post crisis superman so I am not sure why the separation. Even in recent comics, John releases a solar flare which was stated in the comic that he got it from Superman. So all his feats still belong to this Superman. I am not sure why comic vine trying to reset his feats.

If the OP says we can only use Rebirth feats, that means we can only use Rebirth feats, regardless of Post-Crisis/N-52 being a part of his timeline.

For example when the OP specifies "Savage Hulk", we can't use Green Scar feats, regardless of them both being from the 616 Universe.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Lvenger

@jay_z94:

The way I saw it, each character got off two attacks on the other, then Hulk reverted to Banner due to Abyss losing control. That looks pretty even to me.

I don't recall Hyperion getting a second attack on Hulk before Abyss lost control though. That's my key point, before that Hulk was landing more hits and holding the upper hand.

Well Hulk took him by surprise and attacked from behind, we can't really use that as a combat feat for either. I could just as easily say that Wolverine beats any High Tier character by stabbing them in the brain from behind.

Logan usually has to land a surprise attack for him to successfully brain stab someone though. As in Hulk's case during an issue of Savage Wolverine.

Don't get me wrong, I think that Hulk is superior to Hyperion and would win in a fight. I'm just arguing that Hyperion does have good combat feats.

I get that was your point, believe me. However I disagree that Hyperion has good combat feats outside of Hickman's Avengers run. Outside of that Hyperion struggled against Namor, Blue Marvel and Human Torch in Robinson's Squadron Supreme, didn't put down a weakened Red Hulk in Thunderbolts and had trouble fighting Thundra and Iron Man. That's not very impressive IMO.

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@jay_z94:

I don't recall Hyperion getting a second attack on Hulk before Abyss lost control though. That's my key point, before that Hulk was landing more hits and holding the upper hand.

Before Abyss lost control of Hulk, he landed two punches on Hyperion, while Hyperion landed one heat vision blast and one punch on Hulk. That's two attacks each.

Logan usually has to land a surprise attack for him to successfully brain stab someone though. As in Hulk's case during an issue of Savage Wolverine.

That's my point. Hulk landing a surprise attack on Hyperion doesn't really prove much, as anyone can do that.

I get that was your point, believe me. However I disagree that Hyperion has good combat feats outside of Hickman's Avengers run. Outside of that Hyperion struggled against Namor, Blue Marvel and Human Torch in Robinson's Squadron Supreme, didn't put down a weakened Red Hulk in Thunderbolts and had trouble fighting Thundra and Iron Man. That's not very impressive IMO.

I agree that Hyperion is an inconsistent character. I just wanted to point out that he does have a good combat feat or two.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jay_z94:

Before Abyss lost control of Hulk, he landed two punches on Hyperion, while Hyperion landed one heat vision blast and one punch on Hulk. That's two attacks each.

Hyperion only landed that punch on Hulk after Abyss lost control over him.

I agree that Hyperion is an inconsistent character. I just wanted to point out that he does have a good combat feat or two.

He does have some good combat feats but most of them are from Hickman. Without Hickman, Hyperion's combat feats drop drastically.

CaptFalcon725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman in Rebirth is essentially Post-Crisis Superman living like New 52 Superman.
He's still Post-Crisis Superman.
Most of the people he's jobbed to have hax.
He won't lose to a Great Value version of himself in what will undoubtedly degenerate into a slugfest.

LDM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both are disappointing, but Hyperion

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Superman.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@charan_ said:

@empressofdread: Superman's rebirth writers do not focus on giving him crazy feats, instead they give him good stories. They don't seem to care much about feats. That's why people consider him weaker than post crisis and new52 Supermen.

+1 lol

LeonardSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't understand how we're suppose to use post crisis feats for new 52 or rebirth superman, they're clearly at different power levels

BeastMonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jay_z94 said:

That's not what happened though. Abyss lost control of hulk, then hulk would have reverted to banner, but then hyperion punched him, and then he reverted back to banner. That literally means hulk got overwhelmed and KOed. Unless you're telling me bruce banner aka the hulk, can be killed if he is simply stabbed while he is asleep? I'm fine with that approach as well but you can't have the best of both worlds. Bruce banner is said to have the hulk as a survival instinct. If you punch bruce banner, he transforms into hulk. If you stab him, or shoot him, he turns into the hulk. Yet in this case he reverted back to human form after being punched by hyperion, with the fight concluding with hyperion towering over banner ready to throw another punch. If you're arguing that hulk can be killed as long as you just KO or kill bruce banner while he is asleep, that's fair enough, that just means that a regular human or assassin can kill the hulk as long as they wait until bruce banner is asleep. And that means a regular human with prep can kill the hulk as long as banner is asleep or unaware. Or that hyperion, superman or even a regular human could kill banner in his sleep in one hit.

If you shoot bruce banner in his human form, or if you punch him in his human form, especially if a powerhouse like hyperion punches banner in his human form, does banner get KOed, or does he transform to hulk? It's been explicitly noted that banner can't kill himself under normal means, he had to specially design an arrow which could kill him fast enough before the hulk transformation took place, and banner has in the past, specifically had people punch him to help him transform and help him get angry. Which means hyperion flat out KOed and overwhelmed the hulk. If he was capable of handling that last punch, he would have stayed hulked out, and gotten angrier. Arguing that hyperion didn't KO the hulk there, only makes the hulk look worse and means you are arguing that banner can be killed in his sleep or knocked unconscious as a human and then killed. Moreover banner had a black eye after the fight with hyperion was over...

This is also incorrect. Cutting or brain stabbing hulk doesn't mean wolverine can do the same to other, more durable characters. In all honesty if enough force was applied and wolverine tried cutting through the bones of someone like silver surfer, thor, or superman, his claws would break. Hulks notorious for being extremely vulnerable to piercing weaponry and has to rely on his healing factor to get through piercing attacks. He's been flat out decapitated by captain america's shield, brainstabbed by wolverine, had his skull cut open by an adamantium chainsaw, killed by namors trident, stabbed by wendigo, mortally wounded by shadowforge blades, chopped up by ironmans energy blades, etc. So you can give wolverine the element of surprise and allow him to go for a clean head stab on a powerhouse like superman, and he isn't going to take superman down or penetrate his skull. He doesn't have the feats showing as such. If we're going to transfer feats over from what characters did to the hulk, then technically hercules could KO superman with a punch, colossus could Ko superman, ironman could Ko him with a punch, hyperion could ko him with a punch, and etc. That's why abc logic doesn't work because you can attach an arbitrary label of power to one character, then argue that anyone who beat or hurt that one character can do the same to other characters. Except the thing is hulk isn't as durable as thor, surfer, superman, and pretty much any other powerhouse who doesn't have to rely on a healing factor. This was already confirmed when you look at wolverine's fights with hulk, world war hulk, then compare them to wolverine's fights with thor. I mean wolverine cuts up hulk even harder than he cuts someone like colossus, gladiator, and almost anyone else. Even as wwh hulk was getting impaled by a shadowforge sword. Shadowforge blades have been shattered by thors axe with two hits. If hulk was as durable as superman or thor he would not have gotten KOed or beat or wounded by people like ironman, wolverine, colossus and others. Hyperion KOed hulk with one punch so that is enough to say he can win here.

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By jay_z94

@beastmonster: If Wolverine claws can't penetrate something they wouldn't break... they'd bounce off. If his claws broke on contact, that would mean Wolverine applied enough force to break adamantium, which he obviously can't.

Wolverine stabbing power gem Thanos is more than enough evidence to suggest he can stab Thor. Wolverine was making him gush blood just with slashes and Thor admitted his durability won't last. If you want to ignorantly scale off of the Chulk vs Odinson fight that's fine by me. Jarnbjorn cut Thor's arm off, yet made no such cut when he chopped at Chulk's face. So I'm guessing Chulk's skin is more durable than Thor's bones? In that case, Wolverine can easily lop of Thor's arm because Wolverine's claws have cut through Chulk's skin like butter, something Jarnbjorn couldn't do. In fact, he slashed King Thor's arm and it came off when he fought Hulk and Thing.

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman.

BeastMonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jay_z94 said:

@beastmonster: If Wolverine claws can't penetrate something they wouldn't break... they'd bounce off. If his claws broke on contact, that would mean Wolverine applied enough force to break adamantium, which he obviously can't.

Agreed. I was talking about a theoretical scenario where if it came down to his claws vs the skull of someone like superman or thanos, being applied at insane amounts of force, I think his claws would break.

Wolverine stabbing power gem Thanos is more than enough evidence to suggest he can stab Thor. Wolverine was making him gush blood just with slashes and Thor admitted his durability won't last. If you want to ignorantly scale off of the Chulk vs Odinson fight that's fine by me. Jarnbjorn cut Thor's arm off, yet made no such cut when he chopped at Chulk's face. So I'm guessing Chulk's skin is more durable than Thor's bones? In that case, Wolverine can easily lop of Thor's arm because Wolverine's claws have cut through Chulk's skin like butter, something Jarnbjorn couldn't do. In fact, he slashed King Thor's arm and it came off when he fought Hulk and Thing.

That's incorrect. He stabbed thanos (not power gem thanos), 40+ years ago. A bloodlusted wolverine fought against thor and failed to penetrate his bones even when he attempted to impale him in his lower back. Lol thor said his durability won't last forever which is a massive difference than saying his durability won't last. I don't care about wolverine making thor gush blood, wolverine's repeated slashes to thors face only left papercuts so it was abundantly clear wolverine wasn't capable of piercing thors bones not to mention wolverine has no feats of piercing anyones bones besides people like gladiator, hulk, and below. Wolverines claws have had trouble with thor, been no sold by king thor, no sold by juggernaut, no sold by mangog, etc. If wolverine cuts power gem thanos all that shows is that thanos wasn't tapping into much power from the power gem, or that thanos has a piercing vulnerability. And wolverine has never consistently cut thanos tier people. One instance from 40 years ago when power levels weren't clearly defined isn't so valid today. Thanos from that time onwards has become a lot more durable with his feats of resisting the corvus glaive now. Meanwhile wolverine's power comparatively regressed from that point, since according to you he cut a power gem thanos, whilst nowadays he has trouble with thor and sentry, and his claws get no sold by a nemion lion, mangog, king thor, juggernaut etc.

Umm for starters odinson was weakened via the sakaarian portal and the obedience disk. Thor never hit cho with lightning. Thor never hit cho with his axe either. Can you show me a scan of where thor even attempted to cut cho? Because it was flat out stated and shown on panel that thor could have chopped cho in half with one strike of jarnbjorn. He never "chopped at chos face". He used the axe to strike the ground as an aoe attack, he used it to break chos sword, then he hit cho with the blunt side of it. that was it. No, banner hulk and cho hulks bones are inferior to thanos and thors skin durability in all honesty, at least when it comes to piercing attacks. Ironically enough thor didn't tag cho with any lightning either and didn't even attempt to do so. Pak wrote wwh. Pak wrote cho vs hulk. WWH and surfer were weakened from the obedience disk and portal. The same applies here.

I was expecting chulk to get some lightning resistance and piercing resistance feats in the fight but we got nothing on that standpoint.

No, wolverine didn't "lop off" king thors arm. No wolverine didn't cut king thor. Wolverine tried cutting king thors wrist and the attack was no sold. Didn't leave a scratch. Then king thor punched wolverine, dented his skull, then melted him to smitherines using his eye vision.

Then strange put a depowering necklace on king thor, severing his connection to the odin force. It was after that point that thor had a deathmatch style brawl with hulk and the thing. A regular powered thor killed the hulk and the thing in a deathmatch style brawl which lasted for hours. Thor lost his arm after an extended fight with the hulk and the thing which lasted for hours. Not really a bad showing, considering thor literally ripped out hulks heart with his bare hands then stuck a stump in it to prevent a new heart from regrowing. Regular thor losing his arm to hulk and the thing isn't relevant here.

I don't know what your point is in bringing up thor here regardless. Hyperions feat of KOing the hulk is valid, unless you're arguing that Bruce banner can be killed in his sleep by a gunshot or a punch from someone. I disagree with you there, I don't think that's how hulks powers work. From what i've read and seen, if you hurt bruce banner, punch him or shoot him, he transforms into the hulk. so the instance of hyperion knocking hulk out after abyss lost mind control is a valid instance and a valid KO. And if that feat is usable here, than it's fair to say hyperion can win.

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beastmonster: That was power gem thanos. He had the infinity gauntlet and turned off all the gems apart from the power gem in order to give the heroes a chance.

Show me where Wolverine specifically stabs at Thor's bones and fails to pierce them.

BeastMonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jay_z94 said:

@beastmonster: That was power gem thanos. He had the infinity gauntlet and turned off all the gems apart from the power gem in order to give the heroes a chance.

Show me where Wolverine specifically stabs at Thor's bones and fails to pierce them.

I honestly don't know what you are trying to imply with the thanos showing. That is wolverine's best showing in his history. That showing happened 40 years ago. Since that time, thanos has only become more durable, whilst wolverine has only been cutting people one tier, two tiers, or 3+ tiers below thanos. The power gem adds to your durability depending on how much power you are tapping into from it. Considering wolverine in those days had trouble cutting someone like blob, and considering he had trouble with juggernaut, it's quite clear that regardless of thanos using the power gem, thanos obviously wasn't using enough of the power gem to put his durability on par with someone like juggernaut or a skyfather. Wolverine would fail to cut modern day thanos.

We don't assume wolverine can cut through thors bones just because you say so. The best people he has cut through bones of are gladiator and hulk. That is it. Do you realize world breaker hulk was impaled and mortally wounded by a shadowforge blade? The same shadowforge blade which thor odinson recently shattered with two swings of his axe while fighting chulk. Wolverine literally only made paper cuts despite slashing thors cheeks twice while being bloodlusted. He made three parallel papercuts across thors face. He only managed to cut thor better in his gut/stomach area.

Here's the scans of what thors face looked like vs his stomach. Note how minuscule the scratches were on thors face. It's abundantly obvious wolverine is incapable of chopping limbs off or brain stabbing thor. Right after thor got slashed in the face by wolverine, he grabbed wolverine by the ankle and tossed him despite having one hand occupied holding the hammer. And you can also see wolverine failed to pierce more than skin deep when he stabbed thors lower back. So yes, based on how he could only significantly cut thors stomach area, and how he failed to pierce thors ribs and failed to cut his lower back, that makes it quite clear he can't pierce thors bones. On the other hand he impaled hulks arm even while he was world war hulk. Which is my point. You have no argument for wolverine piercing thor or supermans bones without hyping up hulks piercing durability then attempting to transfer over hulks piercing weaknesses to superman or thor. Wolverine can't pierce thor or thanos' bones until he proves himself capable of doing so. Piercing gladiator or hulk doesn't really cut it. And to be honest, has wolverine even cut through colossus bone? The fact that he has slashed up the hulk and the thing and gladiator more than he has cut up colossus is odd. Hulk needs his healing factor to keep up with superman or thor from a durability/damage soak standpoint. And gladiator needs his healing factor as well.

Ironically enough, there is also wolverine failing to dig more than 3 or 4 inches of his claws into ragnarok, someone who is astronomically weaker and less durable than thor. He failed to cut through more than ragnaroks chest, and failed to pierce through the real thors lower back despite being bloodlusted and out for the kill.

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By jay_z94

@beastmonster: Classic Blob and Juggernaut are truly invulnerable, so that's irrelevant.

Power-gem Thanos is Wolverine's best cutting feat I agree.

It's irrelevant that Wolverine left paper cuts on Thor's face when later he was cutting him up with blood splatters. The same thing happened with Colossus during the wolverine goes to hell storyline. His first strike glanced off of Colossus' chest causing no damage, then later on Wolverine bloodied him up so badly that he needed to be hospitalised.

I asked you to show me where Wolverine tried and failed to cut Thor's bones, you haven't showed me this yet. When Wolverine was on top of Thor, you can't see his claws or Thor's lower back, so how does that actually prove anything? It's just your assumption. Also how did Wolverine fail to pierce his lower back when Thor literally screamed "AGGGHHH!".

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought lowballer was back then for a sec

BeastMonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By BeastMonster

@jay_z94 said:

@beastmonster: Classic Blob and Juggernaut are truly invulnerable, so that's irrelevant.

Power-gem Thanos is Wolverine's best cutting feat I agree.

It's irrelevant that Wolverine left paper cuts on Thor's face when later he was cutting him up with blood splatters. The same thing happened with Colossus during the wolverine goes to hell storyline. His first strike glanced off of Colossus' chest causing no damage, then later on Wolverine bloodied him up so badly that he needed to be hospitalised.

I asked you to show me where Wolverine tried and failed to cut Thor's bones, you haven't showed me this yet. When Wolverine was on top of Thor, you can't see his claws or Thor's lower back, so how does that actually prove anything? It's just your assumption. Also how did Wolverine fail to pierce his lower back when Thor literally screamed "AGGGHHH!".

Wolverine didn't cut thors face any better despite repeated attempts. No, your analogy with colossus is invalid here. Wolverine only made paper cuts on thors face, he failed to impale any bone in thors lower back. The only area he significantly cut was thors stomach.

Exactly, when wolverine was on top of thor, you didn't see his claws come out on the other side of thor. Which literally shows he could only pierce thor skin deep. Ergo, he can't pierce thors bones. Moreover, adamantium isn't durable enough to pierce through superman, thor, or thanos' bones.

Thor screaming aggggh means he was cut. Which he was. It doesn't mean his bones were cut or pierced. And wolverines initial strike on colossus did minimal damage because colossus was bracing himself and flexing. Hellverine was cutting him up badly once colossus was on the floor.

Again, we aren't transferring over feats from people with piercing weaknesses to thor or superman. Nor does it make sense to transfer over low showings in general from one character to another, especially not with characters like hulk or gladiator or sentry who have many low showings due to their powerset and the way it operates.

And I don't know how wolverine comes into play here. My main point was the low showings don't transfer over from character to character and that hyperion, at least hickmans version, is capable of beating this superman and his showing against hulk was also valid.

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nnerd said:

Superman. Current Hyperion is shit thanks to Nick Spencer. I swear Marvel is just wasting him

@grekko said:
@jay_z94 said:
@lvenger said:

Current Hyperion is nothing like what he appeared in Hickmans Avengers, in fact if we take all the best and worst feats of Hyperion and try to find a middle ground, he is somewhere around mid-tier to low powerhouse level.

I don't get it? I know his solo was trash. But what happened in Secret Empire that made him such a weakling? Did not bother reading that event.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also during Superior Spider-Man Team Up #1 Hyperion was mind controlled...

Avatar image for deactivated-5e88911c305b5
deactivated-5e88911c305b5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_stranglehold_da_first: During Secret Empire, a Chitauri weapon was able to hurt him and he was out of the fight before it even began. I only read the main event, so I don't know if they prepared for him or what, but in the main even he did absolutely nothing.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nnerd said:

@king_stranglehold_da_first: During Secret Empire, a Chitauri weapon was able to hurt him and he was out of the fight before it even began. I only read the main event, so I don't know if they prepared for him or what, but in the main even he did absolutely nothing.

Yikes... Marvel really squandered the potential Hickman left them.

olajoe1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I may be wrong but isn't rebirth superman pre-crisis superman that survived the crisis or stuff like that if so shouldn't he one shot??