r6 Hal Jordan :could go either way but maybe Hal takes a slight edge

r7 Kyle Rayner : could go either way but Kyle takes a slight majority

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
@consciouskeeper said:

Why is lobo so low lol

Hard stops at 8

There will be day where we get a DCEU Clark against The One Above All or The Presence thread and users will seriously say Clark can win. Clarks consistent rebirth feats do not allow him even to come close to round 8.

Avatar image for consciouskeeper
#7 Posted by Consciouskeeper (2578 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebuckaronatr: I only said hard stops at 8. As in him stopping earlier is more than likely.

#8 Posted by thebuckaronatr (1918 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebuckaronatr: I only said hard stops at 8. As in him stopping earlier is more than likely.

Ok fair enough but that is a very misleading way to phrase it.

#9 Posted by Omnipotent94 (1523 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebuckaronatr: Instead of posting dumb gifs, you could have just told me what you disagree with.

#10 Posted by thebuckaronatr (1918 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by Soratoumiga (3592 posts) - - Show Bio

1 tbh, lol

#12 Posted by Omnipotent94 (1523 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebuckaronatr: you quoted everything from round 1-7. Is there any particular round you disagree with? Or you think he stops at supergirl(round 1)?

#13 Edited by Supermanthor (21219 posts) - - Show Bio

so much for planet buster and rag dolling likes of wbh and thanos

people saying he stops at 1

cmon

#14 Posted by thebuckaronatr (1918 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebuckaronatr: you quoted everything from round 1-7. Is there any particular round you disagree with? Or you think he stops at supergirl(round 1)?

I did not. I just quoted round 2 to round 7 and i think he stops at round 2. Although a blood lusted Kara might even stop him.

#15 Edited by thebuckaronatr (1918 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanthor said:

so much for planet buster and rag dolling likes of wbh and thanos

people saying he stops at 1

cmon

Inconsistent outliers would make this gauntlet even harder. Just to use Clarks inconsistent outliers is no option.

#16 Posted by Consciouskeeper (2578 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanthor: or perhaps I will tell you about outerversal doomsday and why true darkseid is omnipotent lmao

No Caption Provided
#17 Posted by Supermanthor (21219 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by Omnipotent94 (1523 posts) - - Show Bio

@omnipotent94 said:

I did not. I just quoted round 2 to round 7 and i think he stops at round 2. Although a blood lusted Kara might even stop him.

I already said he would lose to Hal and Kyle ( I am assuming it's not ion).

Superman vs BA could go either way but BA wins if we count WW3 feats.

I think he beats captain marvel because of experience.

Post crisis wonder woman never really impressed me.

I could be wrong about lobo tho because I haven't read much on him.

#19 Posted by Supermanthor (21219 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by gunchar16 (1874 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at 1 lol.

#21 Edited by Consciouskeeper (2578 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanthor: what if I told you the words of the writer stating DD fought true darkseid can be further expanded upon through the multiversity guide book with the tomb of darkseid recounting multiple retcon explain he exist beyond the multiverse in what can be known as....the outerverse!!!!!!

Lmaooo
Lmaooo
#22 Edited by Supermanthor (21219 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Edited by thebuckaronatr (1918 posts) - - Show Bio

@omnipotent94 said:
@thebuckaronatr said:
@omnipotent94 said:

Rebirth Clark is not putting up a good fight against these 2 and you were even just saying maybe a slight edge for Hal and that it still could go either way with Kyle.

No it could not and Adam do not needs World War III feats just for Rebirth Clark. Rebirth Clarks consistent feats are not his few impressive but inconsistent outliers. If we go with these gets Clark black hole stomped by Billy or godshards blitzed by Diana.

That is not even an argument. Billy has theoretically divine experience of much higher quality and experience is anyways a very nebulous term. What should Clark even do with his experience that would help him against Billys power set and way of fighting?

That idiotic line never really impressed me. The translation is normally i never read much about that character and am not willing to inform myself but still want to say something. Diana was a lot more impressive than Billy the majority of time and has a lot more real experience.

Why do you even first make such a claim if you later have to admit that you do not even have the required knowledge?

#24 Posted by King-Ragnar (4412 posts) - - Show Bio

*sigh*

#25 Posted by Omnipotent94 (1523 posts) - - Show Bio

@omnipotent94 said:
@thebuckaronatr said:
@omnipotent94 said:

Rebirth Clark is not putting up a good fight against these 2 and you were even just saying maybe a slight edge for Hal and that it still could go either way with Kyle.

No it could not and Adam do not needs World War III feats just for Rebirth Clark. Rebirth Clarks consistent feats are not his few impressive but inconsistent outliers. If we go with these gets Clark black hole stomped by Billy or godshards blitzed by Diana.

That is not even an argument. Billy has theoretically divine experience of much higher quality and experience is anyways a very nebulous term. What should Clark even do with his experience that would help him against Billys power set and way of fighting?

That idiotic line never really impressed me. The translation is normally i never read much about that character and am not willing to inform myself but still want to say something. Diana was a lot more impressive than Billy the majority of time and has a lot more real experience.

Why do you even first make such a claim if you later have to admit that you do not even have the required knowledge?

Outliers? I am assuming you are talking about his planet busting feat. How is that an outlier when he has done so much impressive stuff during post crisis? Rebirth superman has all the feats of post crisis superman as well.

And about Lobo I know enough about him to know that he has lost to superman more times than not.

#26 Edited by Wrathofthebrad (1055 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman in Rebirth is so extremely inconsistent, it wouldn't surprise me if he stops at Supergirl.

#27 Posted by thebuckaronatr (1918 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebuckaronatr said:
@omnipotent94 said:
@thebuckaronatr said:
@omnipotent94 said:

Outliers? I am assuming you are talking about his planet busting feat. How is that an outlier when he has done so much impressive stuff during post crisis? Rebirth superman has all the feats of post crisis superman as well.

And about Lobo I know enough about him to know that he has lost to superman more times than not.

Pre Flashpoint Clark never busted planets and Rebirth is full of anti feats that can not just get ignored. Pre Flashpoint Clark was consistently a lot more impressive than Rebirth Clark.

He lost against a far more impressive Clark.

#28 Posted by Omnipotent94 (1523 posts) - - Show Bio

@omnipotent94 said:
@thebuckaronatr said:
@omnipotent94 said:
@thebuckaronatr said:
@omnipotent94 said:

Pre Flashpoint Clark never busted planets and Rebirth is full of anti feats that can not just get ignored. Pre Flashpoint Clark was consistently a lot more impressive than Rebirth Clark.

He lost against a far more impressive Clark.

You talk like they are different people.

Rebirth is the same as post crisis superman. He is the same guy who defeated Lobo and destroyed the anti matter planet.

#29 Posted by thebuckaronatr (1918 posts) - - Show Bio

@omnipotent94:

You talk like they are different people.

Rebirth is the same as post crisis superman. He is the same guy who defeated Lobo and destroyed the anti matter planet.

Because they are written like that.

And also the same guy who struggled over and over again with things that even the Kara of this list could do in her sleep.

#30 Posted by Consciouskeeper (2578 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah to be fair post crisis has plenty of planet level feats and sure rebirth superman has a lot of low showings but within context they are explained rather simply.

Superman is comfortably planet busting

#31 Posted by thebuckaronatr (1918 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah to be fair post crisis has plenty of planet level feats and sure rebirth superman has a lot of low showings but within context they are explained rather simply.

Superman is comfortably planet busting

Could you post his planet busting feats i am not aware of?

Could you explain them?

Not consistently.

#32 Edited by Consciouskeeper (2578 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebuckaronatr:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

1) he himself states he can shatter planets with his punches and it isn't in his character to lie

2) he flies just below light speed to collide with a shadow moon which was traveling at faster than sound towards earth and also bigger than our moon

3) he was amped slightly but easily shattered a meteor that could have demolished earth also the amp is relative to him surviving the worm hole.

All of these feats are relative to him having planetary level feats without getting too crazy with real plot induced stupidity like tanking 50 supernovas ect. Also he is merged with new 52 superman currently making him a composite so him planet busting without going into new 52 feats or rebirth feats should be understandable.

#33 Edited by Zandalf (476 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebuckaronatr: well pre-52 has different small planets-moon busting feats. There is a nice pre-52 superman respect thread here on cv where you can see all of them.

So if we consider that Rebirth Superman is the "sum" of both pre-52 and new-52 version of himself, his last busting planet feat just puts him again on those power levels. If we don't want to consider any of his many planetary feats from the pre-52 and new-52 continuities, Rebirth Superman could still knock out Hal Jordan( who can take a splitting-moon energy beam) with a single punch while holding back. Sure, Hal Jordan was under an illusion but in the very next comic we see that his will wasn't really affected from his condition.

So again, it all comes down if we can accept or not the fact Rebirth Superman has still his old feats.

(Ah, pre-52 supes was extremely inconsistent too...but no one ever remembers that fact)

#34 Edited by Alsimmons77 (1783 posts) - - Show Bio

@omnipotent94 said:
@supermanthor said:

r1 Supergirl : clears without much trouble

r2 Shazam ( billy) : clears in a very good fight

r3 Black Adam : could go either way especially if Adam gets world war 3 feats

r4 Lobo : clears in a good fight

r5 Wonder Woman : clears without much trouble

r6 Hal Jordan :could go either way but maybe Hal takes a slight edge

r7 Kyle Rayner : could go either way but Kyle takes a slight majority

r8 Orion : loses

r9 Martian Manhunter : loses

r10 Wally West : loses

Lowballing Kara, Billy, Theth and Lobo, heavily lowballing Diana, lowballing Hal and Kyle. Wow good job.............................

@thebuckaronatr:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

1) he himself states he can shatter planets with his punches and it isn't in his character to lie

2) he flies just below light speed to collide with a shadow moon which was traveling at faster than sound towards earth and also bigger than our moon

3) he was amped slightly but easily shattered a meteor that could have demolished earth also the amp is relative to him surviving the worm hole.

All of these feats are relative to him having planetary level feats without getting too crazy with real plot induced stupidity like tanking 50 supernovas ect. Also he is merged with new 52 superman currently making him a composite so him planet busting without going into new 52 feats or rebirth feats should be understandable.

@zandalf said:

@thebuckaronatr: well pre-52 has different small planets-moon busting feats. There is a nice pre-52 superman respect thread here on cv where you can see all of them.

So if we consider that Rebirth Superman is the "sum" of both pre-52 and new-52 version of himself, his last busting planet feat just puts him again on those power levels. If we don't want to consider any of his many planetary feats from the pre-52 and new-52 continuities, Rebirth Superman could still knock out Hal Jordan( who can take a splitting-moon energy beam) with a single punch while holding back. Sure, Hal Jordan was under an illusion but in the very next comic we see that his will wasn't really affected from his condition.

So again, it all comes down if we can accept or not the fact Rebirth Superman has still his old feats.

(Ah, pre-52 supes was extremely inconsistent too...but no one ever remembers that fact)

Honestly, going by the logic of you both here is basically every single character of the gauntlet arguably planetary. I do agree that pre-52 Clark was also quite inconsistent and that there exist certain double standards about that subject, but the current Clark is much worse.

@soratoumiga said:

1 tbh, lol

Honestly yeah, to just say Clark's merging turned him into a carbon-copy of pre-52 Clark now is absurd.

#35 Posted by Consciouskeeper (2578 posts) - - Show Bio

@alsimmons77: I can't really hold superman to a low standard because he is always holding back and even then the writers call for Pis low showings.

When he cuts loose i don't see it as an outlier I see it as him going all out.

#36 Edited by Alsimmons77 (1783 posts) - - Show Bio

@consciouskeeper said:

@alsimmons77: I can't really hold superman to a low standard because he is always holding back and even then the writers call for Pis low showings.

When he cuts loose i don't see it as an outlier I see it as him going all out.

Billy holds back, Diana holds back, Lobo screws around, Hal holds back, Kyle holds back, J'onn holds back, Wally holds backs, almost any DC Superhero does that. So either we always just use high showings and even outliers for almost everyone, or for nobody.

#37 Posted by Consciouskeeper (2578 posts) - - Show Bio

@alsimmons77: superman high showings within context are understandable but I really wouldn't mind using high showings for everyone it isn't like I said he clears the list anyway.

Lobo cutting loose would certainly give anyone a hard time

#38 Posted by KanyeCosby (7248 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at Kyle

#39 Posted by Zandalf (476 posts) - - Show Bio

New-52 was pretty consistent, pre-52 was highly inconsistent since he had feats ranging from mountain level to universal level...the last ones are the only ones that really can't be used imo.

Since Rebirth Superman is a relatively new character (since the merging) he clearly has still to build up his feats but in this time he managed to achieve two comparable striking feats:the planet one on jl and knocking out Hal while holding back. So if we skip his two greatest feats he still could:

- easily punch Bizzarro to the moon (this bizarro could create his own planet just like his pre-crisis self I believe)

-make a thunderclap far more powerful than a nuclear bomb

-he could destroy Metropolis just with the shockwave from one of his punches

-take a blast from Molly

-take a blast from the Monitor (it was the new 52 story in which Darkseid dies and it is Canon)

- surviving a beating from Zod, mongul, cyborg superman (?) and others while weakened

- fixing the moon at ftl speeds

-easily litinzg an entire dominator fleet

- multiple light speed or maybe hypersonic speed feats

I really think that this whole rebirth superman downplay thing can just stop. The tomasi and Gleason era is finished by quite some time now

#40 Posted by Subzer0O (13 posts) - - Show Bio

With just Rebirth feats he could stop really early on as shown in the post above he doesn't really have anything that impressive or planetary level outside of the planet jumping thing and knocking out Hal

the rest of the feats don't really compete with most of the stuff post crisis Supergirl has, let alone the rest of the gauntlet.

Avatar image for captainsweatpan
#41 Posted by CaptainSweatpan (1799 posts) - - Show Bio

@zandalf: do you have a scan of Superman being able to destroy Metropolis with the shockwave of his punch? Sounds interesting

#42 Posted by Kevd4wg (12804 posts) - - Show Bio

4 at best, maybe 2

#43 Edited by Subzer0O (13 posts) - - Show Bio

@captainsweatpan: It was a statement he made when he fought Rogol

No Caption Provided

He says he can't hit him harder than 8 otherwise the city would topple. It's not clear what he meant by this i am guessing he is ranking his punches from 1 to 10 so a 9 and a 10 which are his best punches are city busters maybe a bit above? I dunno to me it sounds like his best punches are nuke level going of this statement.

Avatar image for captainsweatpan
#44 Posted by CaptainSweatpan (1799 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Edited by XLR87T3 (10201 posts) - - Show Bio

He clears the gauntlet. Shattering half the moon as a side-effect of punching Black Racer's face > Everyone here. Lifting the earth for 5 days > Everyone here. Shaking the entire planet with punches > Everyone here. Destroying an Earth sized area of Brainiac mothership with heat vision > Everyone here. Destroying a planet just by jumping off of it while heavily weakened from lack of sunlight > Everyone here.

#47 Posted by Subzeroo (11 posts) - - Show Bio

Even if we use all of Supermans post crisis showings he still wouldn't clear, there are characters here that are simply more powerful than Superman and always have been. Kyle has way more damage output, Orion has equal physicals + the astro force makes it an ez win, MMH would just mind rape him, Wally would just treat him like a statue.

#48 Posted by XLR87T3 (10201 posts) - - Show Bio

@subzeroo: Post Crisis Superman fodderized all those characters except Wally. And as of Rebirth, Superman is faster than Post Crisis Wally West (Rebirth Wally is the fastest character ever).

#49 Posted by Subzeroo (11 posts) - - Show Bio

@xlr87t3: No he didn't and he literally has no counter for the things i mentioned, the only way he can beat any of them is if they just brawled with him and used nothing else no powers, no tp, no phasing, no hax. Superman is not faster than Wally, nor can he do anything about Wally's speed steal.

#50 Posted by Standardized (1502 posts) - - Show Bio

@subzeroo said:

@xlr87t3: No he didn't and he literally has no counter for the things i mentioned, the only way he can beat any of them is if they just brawled with him and used nothing else no powers, no tp, no phasing, no hax. Superman is not faster than Wally, nor can he do anything about Wally's speed steal.

Pretty out of character for wally to use speed steal.