Reapers(Mass Effect) VS The Empire(Star Wars)

• 102 results
Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 18

#51  Edited By Delphic

@CitizenBane: I seriously doubt that Battle Meditation would have much effect, because Reapers don't terrorize, they harvest. They wipeout life and use the remains to create their forces, which are essentially synthetic zombies. Battle Meditation would have no effect because there is nothing there for it to reach out to in terms of life. The Reapers and their forces are a sort of hive mind, controlled by a central intelligence called the Catalyst, and there's no real way to access it without the use of two very large constructs called the Citadel and the Crucible. The later being much harder to obtain.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#52  Edited By Saren

@Delphic said:

The Reapers have history of wiping out all advanced life in the galaxy for several hundred thousand years, and the Reapers were only defeated after great sacrifice and an alliance of several races. There were several beings throughout the galaxy that had powers similar to the force, except it was referred to as biotics. The Empire would put up quite a fight, but eventually they would be overrun, because the Reapers have a habit of turning their enemies forces against them. All those clones would become Reaper slaves. Powerful Empire officers would succumb to indoctrination and assist the Reapers in their conquest for harvest. In truth the only chance that the Empire has are their leaders Sidious and Vader, and Vader would be much more suspect to be indoctrinated due to him being more machine than man. The Empire would be wiped out with it's only survivor being Sidious who would find a way to place himself in a sort of stasis until the reapers returned to Dark Space.

As mentioned earlier, part of the Reaper's success strategy is that all spacefaring races in the Mass Effect universe advance along the paths the Reapers choose for them, via the Citadel and the mass relay network. It makes picking them off easier since the Reapers know where they all are. The Reapers don't have that advantage here. It removes a strategic element from their attack. Plus the harvest process takes a ridiculously long time to finish. It took centuries for the Reapers to eradicate every last Prothean, save for Javik. That kind of window is not going to do the Reapers any favors against an enemy more organized and more powerful than the assembled races from ME3. Indoctrination is iffy ---- sometimes it takes place fairly rapidly, other times it takes weeks to have an effect ------ while Force-based mind-control operates much faster. As for biotic power vis-a-vis Force abilities, the only way they're even remotely equitable is if we're leaving out the EU here. Going just by the movies, they might be on par. Taking the EU into account, the Force beats biotic power by miles. Mass Effect biotic users are mostly middling telekinetics. Top-level asari biotic users like Samara wouldn't even register next to people like Sidious and Vader. Hell, Jack was considered to be a pants-sh!ttingly powerful biotic. Sidious would kill her with a scornful glance.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Saren

@Delphic said:

@CitizenBane: I seriously doubt that Battle Meditation would have much effect, because Reapers don't terrorize, they harvest. They wipeout life and use the remains to create their forces, which are essentially synthetic zombies. Battle Meditation would have no effect because there is nothing there for it to reach out to in terms of life. The Reapers and their forces are a sort of hive mind, controlled by a central intelligence called the Catalyst, and there's no real way to access it without the use of two very large constructs called the Citadel and the Crucible. The later being much harder to obtain.

I'm aware of how the Reapers operate. Battle Meditation is an empathic ability. Indoctrinated forces aren't linked to the Intelligence (the Catalyst is what Shepard calls it, its Leviathan-given name is the Intelligence), only the Reapers are. Marauders and Banshees aren't personally connected to the Intelligence. Most of those forces are connected to the Reaper that created them, like how the Collectors were in Harbinger's thrall. There's nothing to indicate that a Reaper's control over indoctrinated forces can't be usurped. For that matter, depending on what choices you make, Saren and the Illusive Man can beat the effects of indoctrination by themselves.

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Delphic

@CitizenBane said:

@Delphic said:

The Reapers have history of wiping out all advanced life in the galaxy for several hundred thousand years, and the Reapers were only defeated after great sacrifice and an alliance of several races. There were several beings throughout the galaxy that had powers similar to the force, except it was referred to as biotics. The Empire would put up quite a fight, but eventually they would be overrun, because the Reapers have a habit of turning their enemies forces against them. All those clones would become Reaper slaves. Powerful Empire officers would succumb to indoctrination and assist the Reapers in their conquest for harvest. In truth the only chance that the Empire has are their leaders Sidious and Vader, and Vader would be much more suspect to be indoctrinated due to him being more machine than man. The Empire would be wiped out with it's only survivor being Sidious who would find a way to place himself in a sort of stasis until the reapers returned to Dark Space.

As mentioned earlier, part of the Reaper's success strategy is that all spacefaring races in the Mass Effect universe advance along the paths the Reapers choose for them, via the Citadel and the mass relay network. It makes picking them off easier since the Reapers know where they all are. The Reapers don't have that advantage here. It removes a strategic element from their attack. Plus the harvest process takes a ridiculously long time to finish. It took centuries for the Reapers to eradicate every last Prothean, save for Javik. That kind of window is not going to do the Reapers any favors against an enemy more organized and more powerful than the assembled races from ME3. Indoctrination is iffy ---- sometimes it takes place fairly rapidly, other times it takes weeks to have an effect ------ while Force-based mind-control operates much faster. As for biotic power vis-a-vis Force abilities, the only way they're even remotely equitable is if we're leaving out the EU here. Going just by the movies, they might be on par. Taking the EU into account, the Force beats biotic power by miles. Mass Effect biotic users are mostly middling telekinetics. Top-level asari biotic users like Samara wouldn't even register next to people like Sidious and Vader. Hell, Jack was considered to be a pants-sh!ttingly powerful biotic. Sidious would kill her with a scornful glance.

I get that Sidious being an extremely powerful force user could easily take a few Reapers on his own, but I don't believe that he'll be able to take on the entirety of them alone. (Though he also wouldn't be that stupid). My experience with the extended universe is not on par with others, but I know the force is powerful enough to bring a Star Destroyer crashing to the ground. Still I think it would be possible for the Reapers to over-run the more powerful beings in the universe. Also wouldn't the intelligence create an adaptation strategy to deal with what they lack?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Saren

@Delphic said:

@CitizenBane said:

@Delphic said:

I get that Sidious being an extremely powerful force user could easily take a few Reapers on his own, but I don't believe that he'll be able to take on the entirety of them alone. (Though he also wouldn't be that stupid). My experience with the extended universe is not on par with others, but I know the force is powerful enough to bring a Star Destroyer crashing to the ground. Still I think it would be possible for the Reapers to over-run the more powerful beings in the universe. Also wouldn't the intelligence create an adaptation strategy to deal with what they lack?

Questionable. The Intelligence's response to Shepard infiltrating its chamber in the Citadel was basically "Darn, you got me, kill us all if you want". Plus it was the one directing the Reapers to try and sabotage all of Shepard's missions to build inter-species alliances on Tuchanka, Rannoch, etc. It wasn't doing a particularly great job of it considering Shepard succeeded in all those goals.

I'm not saying Sidious could take on all the Reapers alone. But he doesn't have to deal with in-fighting and centuries-old galactic enmities the way Shepard did. His people are better organized, better equipped, more powerful on average, etc. He's also honestly a lot smarter than Shepard, Anderson and Hackett.

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Delphic

@CitizenBane: Well I don't even want to get into the brilliant logic that led to what is known as the Mass Effect 3 ending. Considering what the intelligence was designed to do though, and if it was actually as incredible as it was claimed to be (if that was the case Shepard should have been squashed), it would probably be more than capable of fronting a well-executed counterattack. I suppose there I'm arguing factors and the idea of how every game has to be beatable even when going up against an unbeatable enemy.

I'll give it to Sidious that he could probably defeat the Reapers and he would more than likely find a way to do it without the insurmountable losses that came about thanks to Shepard and the council races.

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#57  Edited By Darling_Luna

The Reapers would need years of prep, for indoctrination of the right people: force sensitives, leaders and the like. Also to gather knowledge, another big factor to why they are so successful, is when they access the citadel relay, they basically have all the info of the major races right at their finger tips.

Even then, still, Idk if they win. They could do damage sure. Then again the Empire was beaten by Ewoks and farmers :P

Avatar image for hewhohatesfanboys
hewhohatesfanboys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

OK I am going to be banned for this post, but fuck it.

What the fuck is wrong with you shitretarded ME fanboys? ME is seriously the weakest franchise ever, weaker even then battlestar galactica probably. Reapers get taken down by 50 kilotons. SW pack 200 gigatons and DO NOT NEED FUCKING RELAYS TO GO FTL! that and they cross the galaxy in hours. Everyone who voted for the reapers, just. fucking. leave. comicvine. Reapers are probably the weakest race in all of futuristic sci fi, barring other ME races (whose ships get hurt by kiloton nukes)

I saw some guy claim that reapers defeat UNSC because "w0w d3y survivd 3 h!rosh!m4 nukezzzz holy fuckkkkkl OMFG much power"

ME fanboys are retarded

WTF is wrong with the reaper wankers. Seriously.

Jacksper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Jacksper

The Reapers are like galactic bullies. If you pay attention to their history you will find that they only pick on creatures that are not as technologically advanced as they are. They have calculated it they only attack every 50,000 years, never allowing a species to mature any further than that, which actually makes their own technology somewhat stagnant.

As far as uniqueness goes within their numbers they were very much so reliant on human husk, with the marauders and other alien bred reapers being less common. The Collectors were the only known race that the Reapers use that actually had any form of biotics.

And they never really fought a united Galaxy. They always either divided the Galaxy up into different pieces by fracturing an already dominant empire, or attacked before the allying species could mobilize. As a matter of fact, the Reapers failed to take the Turian homeworld and avoided the Krogan all together.

The Empire on the other hand took on a whole galaxy that was at one point very much so fractured. They too never fought an even war and won, and when past incantations of the Imperials arose, they were always beaten by the Jedi and their republic. Technologically, the Star Wars Universe was miles ahead of their Mass Effect counterparts, with new technologies being invented during the Rise of the Galactic Empire.

People already stated specs on weapons used in the different universes, and again Star Wars beats the Reapers in both numbers and firepower. The only problem is that like the Reapers, the Galactic Empire never really fought a fully unified galaxy by themselves. They also never managed to unify the whole galaxy.

But they did have storm troopers which where about as expendable as husk with more firepower and more skill, and force-sensitive Jedi or rather Sith were very powerful and there were also Dark Jedi who were unaffiliated with the Sith Order officially, but weren't enemies of the state either.

So with Tech, Firepower and a larger number I believe that the Galactic Empire would curb stomp the Reapers in a straight on fight, but if the Reapers used their usual divide and conquer with overwhelming force, it could be a more even battle. But since part of their plan is the "guidance" of a race's technological maturation, they would have already been fighting a losing battle.

Star Wars has more advanced technology than the more realistic and by theory, younger Mass Effect Universe. A Long time ago... In a Galaxy that the Reapers read about that one time.

9dragons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By 9dragons

@delphic:

As a mass effect fan I can tell you biotics can't compare to the comic version/ game version of the force in terms of destructive potential.

Reapers wiped out inferior tech space faring civilizations due to preparation, trapping them with the citadel, a mouse trap with advance tech as bait every cycle. They never dealt with a united galactic force or civilization that exceed them in tech such as the empire. In the worst ending of the third game reapers were destroyed because the next cycle had been warn of the reapers and was provided with tech ahead of it's time. They simple defeated the reapers who tech and numbers were inferior due to loses in the last cycle, shepard's cycle.

Reapers are schemers rather then clear cut destroyers. Reapers never intended go full frontal assault until they had a clear advantage because they could afford to lose their numbers. Even when they had the clear advantage in tech and tactics they still had losses.

Indoctrination is a gradual process that involves proximity and time. Matriarch Benezia was literally inside a reaper for a great period before she was fully indoctrinated. Shepard and crew and the united galactic force had come in contact with reaper tech and was able to resist.

Indoctrination is not mind control. It is brainwashing. Mind control is instant and brainwashing takes time. Indoctrination is useless in the battlefield where the enemy is blasting away at reapers while they try to keep their shields up. In a full on confrontation the reapers will be decimated by the empire, especially the death star's planet destroying power. The death star itself would wipe out a good chunk of the reaper's forces.

raecinio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reapers have eradicated all sentient life in the galaxy an innumerable amount of times and can indoctrinate the soldiers of the empire.

Palpatine manipulated his way into becoming an emporer of an Empire that lasted for like a few decades.

Reapers win

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raecinio:

.... Unles the reapers play a long game they lose badly a single star destroyer's can take dozens if not hundreds of reapers ( including the named ones) in an open fight they get curbed hard

there ownly chance is to win like the rebels slow attrition and indoctrination the empire is already a house of cards a few wellplayed moves, indoctrinated key players and Deseret raids to assimilate more star wars tech and they have a good shot but only if they play smart and polticly if they try the traditional swarm they get curbed by a Imperial patrol fleet

Vortex1456789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OK I am going to be banned for this post, but fuck it.

What the fuck is wrong with you shitretarded ME fanboys? ME is seriously the weakest franchise ever, weaker even then battlestar galactica probably. Reapers get taken down by 50 kilotons. SW pack 200 gigatons and DO NOT NEED FUCKING RELAYS TO GO FTL! that and they cross the galaxy in hours. Everyone who voted for the reapers, just. fucking. leave. comicvine. Reapers are probably the weakest race in all of futuristic sci fi, barring other ME races (whose ships get hurt by kiloton nukes)

I saw some guy claim that reapers defeat UNSC because "w0w d3y survivd 3 h!rosh!m4 nukezzzz holy fuckkkkkl OMFG much power"

ME fanboys are retarded

WTF is wrong with the reaper wankers. Seriously.

Hahahahahahahahahahhhaahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahaha !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reapers

Marshall_Long

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Empire should probably win in a space war, however Reapers would win in a gunfight.

SeabassG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Star Wars wins by a long shot. Not only do Star Destroyers have a massive amount of firepower, but there a numerous Super weapons that have the potential to wipe out all matter in the galaxy. One such example is the Shawken Device, which was theorized to be able to destroy the entire universe by destroying the planet Shawken and hurling its fragments through hyperspace, impacting other planets which would then set off a chain reaction and subsequently ending the universe, allowing another to take its place.

Avatar image for the_knight_rhoden
The_Knight_Rhoden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How has this not been flagged as a spite match already? The empire curbstomps the reapers, the death star could probably solo, the reapers relied on covert tactics and systematic division to harvest galactic civilizations each time against a vastly inferior force both technologically and numerically. Let's see them try that directly against a force which has millions of inhabited planets (compared to ME's few hundred maybe) and ships of which even the weakest one can take out a 100 reapers before going down, and they also have over 100000 of those.

R.I.P Reapers, you shall not be missed.

KnightVyse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reapers win,seriously the poor Empire is too weak and the ships,cant survive a crash or a ram from other ships,not even from a fighter! .....,strong and advance star wars ships i dont think so, and dont say that the super stardestroyer was receiving all the damage ,Sovereign rammed ships like bugs, and blew a fleet or two alone before he was destroyed.

Reapers win in a space battle they move faster and can receive more punishment ,star wars ships fight like boats from the XVI ,also laser weaponry are alot weaker, if they cant survive a sinlge ram from a ship, the armor of the ships from star wars cant handle massive damage and cant operate after critical damage and without the bridge, and i am very sure a reaper beam would protect them like butter from a chainsaw and based in the movies they have no shields and vulnerable to emp......lame, and the range of there laser cannons doesnt have a lot of range they need to be close to the target .

Reapers:1

Galactic Empire:0

Reapers are not interested in war only in the harvest, they will invade under a simple and cold plan, the invasion will start long before they even show up,just like in the universe of mass effect , they will start a genocide of the species that could treat them just like the rachni, also they will experiment on the current species to develop a effective indoctrination ,the best weapon of the reapers.

Reapers :2

The troops well there will be human husks and the species from the star wars universe will be sintethic/organic zombies ,and the species in star wars are more dangerous just imagine a rancor with a huge turbo laser in a hand,or terentatek , or worse a gorog and everyone with enhanced and deadly reapers implants , and for each kill they get other unit , also the reapers are more clever and smart, they will exploit the weakness of the current cycle,like with the protheans ,the citadel was the center of the chaincommand,they taked down the leaders and all the communication from the citadel ,mass relay net and all the info from every planet of the prothean ,once they exploited the prothean weakness they couldn't adapt and perish. In the star wars universe , If the best weapon of the empire or more accurate the leaders, example the force they reapers will surely counter with a force inhibitor or more exactly a midi-chlorian inhibitor , or with a experiment with a huge amount of the force, so your call.

Final

Reapers:3

So in the end the Reapers will win they may take them years,decades or more but in the end the galactic empire will perish like the ones before them. And in the star wars universe the species are divided , even with a reaper threat they won't unite ,easily the reapers can use this in a advantage , indoctrinating other while others dont even care, harvesting entire species and everyone would be like normal.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Wut

Reapers Vs... The GE? The flying squids packing mere Kiloton weaponry.... vs the GE....

Loading Video...

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princeimc: did you think of sidious..with that mind resist. Immune to that.. Instas reapers..also Star Wars tech > reaper tech..

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Empire lolstomps

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MasterShake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reapers would have zero chance of winning. Negative chance to be fair. Reapers conquer the same galaxy over and over and harvest the same tech over and over. They have never conquered the Star Wars universe, which has been allowed to prosper and grow far far far far beyond anything the Reapers could ever begin to comprehend.

A few simple star fighter in the SW universe could ultimately deal with a Reaper. The Empire wouldn't even send a fleet to deal with the Reapers. They would probably just call out the nearest planets defense force/star fighter militia to take down the Reapers. Now the Reapers could win, but it would require hundreds to thousands of years of sitting in dark space studying the SW universe and preparing to invade, but if the Reapers just wandered in and tried to take down the Empire they would be utterly destroyed (^Negative Chance).

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#74  Edited By jwwprod

Galactic Empire.

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

short term empire long term reapers.

Avatar image for theobservantreader
TheObservantReader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, here's what i think would happen: the reapers would hit the outer rim planets, try to create a plague which affects as many species as possible, probably leaving humans immune. meanwhile, they'd choose a race and indoctrinate them. Sidious would notice a disturbance in the force and dispatch a couple of fleets to face them probably including Vader and the millions of storm troopers. short skirmish ensues, Vader wipes out the Indoctrinated species via Orbital Bombardment, followed by the swift destruction of every Reaper ship.

And for those of you who don't know, a Turbolaser, when used, hits with the force of 30 Terajoules, half that of the bomb that destroyed Hiroshima. Darth Vader's flagship, the Executor, has 2000 of these, and another 2000 HEAVY Turbolasers. on top of their other weapons, including Ion Cannons(250), Heavy Concussion Missiles(250) and Tractor Beams(40). By itself, I think this ship alone would be able to wipe out half of the reaper fleet. add that the average Imperial fleet numbers somewhere between 5 and 2000...well, you see where I'm going with this. Vader wouldn't bother with ground warfare, unless it was to pick up specimens to help them figure out how to beat the targets easier.

the Reapers in ME only managed their Cycle because they curbed the species development EVERY TIME; no species tried to create an alternative to the Mass Effect Relays, etc. what little they did try to be unique in doing had very little variation. they knew they wouldn't be able to win unless they tricked others into using tech they'd made. simply put, Reapers are crap, but they know they're crap and so try to make the others crappier.

raecinio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By raecinio

Reapers easily. They are more maneuverable than a Star Destroyer, can indoctrinate the people onboard a star destroyer and have it fire on its on fleet. They've also destroyed all life in the Galaxy multiple times. The Empire lasted a few decades before being defeated by a ragtag group of rebels (and a singular Jedi).

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raecinio: You have no idea how powerful the Empire is do you?

SolarPowered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By SolarPowered

Are there any sources to support these "Kiloton" and "Gigaton" claims?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solarpowered: One imperial star destroyer has turned a planet to blah, it takes a few hours but its called Base Delta Zero, already been shown. Unlike the clone wars counterpart ships, they can do heavy damage to a whole planet with just 1 ISD, and they got plenty of them too along with various other ships and well people like palps are gonna use warp storms. Regardless your reapers aren't that durable nor are they fast, they go down to kilotons worth of damage, due to the fact that the SA and Council races' largest weaponry only hits double digit kilotons worth of damage, and it's enough to kill your reapers. I'd say an ISD should be able to kill plenty without taking that much damage. On top of that it took the reapers whole fleet to do damage to earth, so ill let your mind go crazy with that idea of how badly the Empire stomps

SolarPowered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By SolarPowered

@killerwasp said:

@solarpowered: One imperial star destroyer has turned a planet to blah, it takes a few hours but its called Base Delta Zero, already been shown. Unlike the clone wars counterpart ships, they can do heavy damage to a whole planet with just 1 ISD, and they got plenty of them too along with various other ships and well people like palps are gonna use warp storms. Regardless your reapers aren't that durable nor are they fast, they go down to kilotons worth of damage, due to the fact that the SA and Council races' largest weaponry only hits double digit kilotons worth of damage, and it's enough to kill your reapers. I'd say an ISD should be able to kill plenty without taking that much damage. On top of that it took the reapers whole fleet to do damage to earth, so ill let your mind go crazy with that idea of how badly the Empire stomps

It took an entire fleet of Reapers just to damage Earth? If that's the case, then theoretically a handful of Star Destroyers should solo.

However, is there any context behind that claim? Were the reapers actively trying to destroy the Earth, or were they simply trying to enslave or harvest it?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solarpowered: Not really, they destroy all life is all ik. Regardless their codex says its kilotons, not even megatons, KILOTONS. ISD's do this to planets...

They have no problem doing this high of damage, they also lack range 10,000 or so

ui876will

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have to side with the Reapers on this one

Not sure if the empire is strong enough to handle them

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac4e862bd47b
deactivated-5ac4e862bd47b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ui876will: the empire can bust out 200 gigatons, and they have superior numbers, I don't see anyway the reapers can win.

ui876will

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthsenju: Reapers are pretty hard to be knocked down and have enough firepower to create blackholes and blow stars.

I know just few things about the empire,and I know that Reapers are very powerful.So yeah,I'm still on their side.

Not saying that the empire is going to lose in every way though,it's just that I don't know almost anything about the Empire's firepower,only that they can blow planets using the Death star.

But if the Deathstar is their most powerful weapon,then I'm sure the Empire is going to be stomped.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ui876will: ok 1. Empire has other super weapons

2. Reapers were damaged with kilotons, star destroyers put out 200 gigatons, 1 gigaton is a million kiloton. Star destroyers can tank the same firepower that they out for a period of time before they lose their shields, so unless reapers are putting out more than 200 gigatons I don't see them winning. By the way last time I checked there were 25,000 star destroyers.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also they have the super star destroyers, which are much bigger and have tons of more firepower than a regular star destroyer has.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galactic Empire wins.

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Empire would take some hits, but in the end would brutally stomp the Reapers. Billions of ships, trillions of troops, and far superior weaponry - not to mention superweapons - seal the deal for them

seanybeany123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well first of all EMPIRE WINS:

Here are the reasons:

• An ISD typically has about 60 Heavy Turbolasers, which its power output is equvilant to a 1900 Megaton nuclear bomb shot at the reapers every second (note that this is one second, not one shot/cannon)
  • There are at least 120 point defense laser cannons (Tam&Bak 9 laser cannons)
  • At least 6 Torpedo launchers are present on a ISD
  • In case of the Executor Class, there are 250 Turbolaser Batteries, 250 Heavy Laser Cannons, 250 Concussion Missile launchers, 250 Ion Cannons and a incredible number of 32 TIE Fighter Squadrons
  • At least 30000 ISD (including I & II) are produced, and at least 15 Super Star Destroyer were produced (Eclipse/Executor/whatever) and at least 3,000,000 TIE crafts including all TIE variants were produced

In conclusion, the reapers get raped into oblivion

Scythus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Scythus

ok guys i literally just created a account just to say this but here is what i have to say

first the technology all people in the mass effect universe use is weaker the the reaper's minus the ground troops those weapons are around equal because the reapers control technology's evolution

unlike in the star wars universe where there is a lot of diversity in ships and weapons and grew in many different ways

second the mass effect technology has all but stagnated for give or take a thousand years unlike star wars

third the citadel has one against reapers(rarely though) using a fleet or 2 of ships against one reaper where one star destroyer can theoretically take on a armada of reapers harbinger/sovereign size and power

forth reaper indoctrination is similar to Jedi mind trick just a lot weaker and in the lore/comics/whatever else they constantly say that storm troopers and empire personnel have been trained against it

faith and finally a line in the movies said that when the millennium falcon escaped "he could be on the other side of the galaxy by now unlike how the fastest reapers can go around 40 light years per day and the ME races around half that

conclusion - which means if one star destroyer can take on all ME universes fleets at once in specs and ability then that means if the empire strikes then the reapers would lose every time not just because of specs but because of training ingenuity and just plain ability this is only in a space war though because storm troopers cant aim for shit so they would have to glass all the worlds reapers are on

Avatar image for deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f
deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reactor said:

The Empire would take some hits, but in the end would brutally stomp the Reapers. Billions of ships, trillions of troops, and far superior weaponry - not to mention superweapons - seal the deal for them

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reapers. They had a fleet large enough to cover the galaxy and I seriously doubt Palpatine wouldn't want all of those ships for himself. After years of playing with those machines Palpatine will get indoctrinated.

Scythus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Scythus

@hypnos0929: if they were equal in specs ability and fleet size then yes but they aint you would need thousands of reapers to meausre up to one ISD just for one cannon's amount of fire which measures in the giga tons (turbo lasers) while citideal and reaper forces measure in the kilo tons (main weapon giant laser eye thing)

Avatar image for deactivated-5a0c8d423f980
deactivated-5a0c8d423f980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Hypnos0929

@scythus: yeah but as you know Reapers tend to fight wars of Attrition. They will hold back for a thousand years to conquer. When you think about it Reaper ships are insanely fast, it seems like they destroyed heavily fortified council planets over night. The Asari, Turians, and human colonies fell all within a few days. Homeworlds were essentially cut off the second an attack started.

Once the Reapers figure out how to jump into hyperspace via empire technology I don't see why they wouldn't win.

Plus I'm having a hard time believing they couldn't indoctrinate Sidious, Vader and billions of stormtroopers all within a couple years. All they need is to crash one ship on Curisont then wait

Edit: By wait I mean leave the dead Reaper on the planet. If you don't remember in Mass Effect 2 it showed even Dead Reapers could indoctrinate people over the course of a few weeks/ a month or so. I'd guess it'd take at most 3 months to a year for Sidious because of how good in the force he is but because he'll most likely want to study the Reapers' archives of knowledge himself he will eventually get indoctrinated. Heck Sidious may allow himself to be indoctrinated so he can get even stronger. Illusive man was almost completely indoctrinated and he could stop people from moving and force them to shoot others on a whim.

As for the Empire's fleets they are large but Reapers should be technolocally advanced enough to get through almost all ships codes and hack a ship. The Reapers' have had billions of cycles to develop their hacking abilities. So making ships miss fire shouldn't be to hard.

Though I will admit the Reapers' will take heavy casualties.

Scythus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hypnos0929: first yes if they get hyperspace technology they would be harder to beat but the empire still has better weapons by like 400% also the council planets are weaker then the reapers and didn't prepare

then there is the fact that for a thousand or so years they have stagnated in technology and the reapers are only a little bit better then the council

finally while the empire has conquered like 50% of the galaxy the council and all previous civilizations on got a maximum of 2% of the galaxy the council currently doesn't have even 1% (not including the seed ships the alliance launcher)

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scythus: You do realize that Reapers have had millions of years to perfect their hacking skills right? Sovereign controlled a Collector from dark space while the collector was near the center of the galaxy. Also you're forgetting that the council wasn't the only conquered race, even Liara said the Protheans were far more advanced and more spread out yet the Reapers' got nearly all the Protheans.

The Reapers' were not a little bit more powerful than the council races. Over the course of a few days the Reapers' had destroyed the Asari, Turians, and Salarinan homeworlds. I say days because Earth was attacked roughly the same time as all other races. Every race knew of the Reapers and they were still defeated easily.

Yes the empire has a larger area and influence but that doesn't mean they're gonna win. The Reapers only need to send one Reaper to well populated planets then wait, remember even a dead Reaper can indoctrinate people over the course of weeks.

And have you forgotten the Reapers occasionally make deals with organics, Sidious would love to know about Mass Effect fields, mass relays, and indoctrination so he'd be a prime candidate for deal making. Now that I think about it Illusive man and Sidious have a ton in common, though Sidious is definitely his superior in almost all areas.

Scythus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Scythus

@hypnos0929: if you read the lore and other sources you will see that the reapers get arrogant and dont try to improve and the fact that in the vision Shepard gets it shows them using the same ships

it will be around a million reapers against a armada or 2 but the reapers only have kinetic barriers while using energy weapons imperials use energy barriers and kinetic that withstand a lot higher yield

and lastly they do not use the same communications that the organics use so how can they hack them without understanding you gotta realise they the organics may progress on a fixed technological route but they still have some innovation not weapon or ship wise but the others like comms medicine etc