Reality Warping vs Telepath

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Roddy010

I've always wondered who would win  between a reality warper and a telepath...Could the telepath  shut their mind down before they an form a thought? Or  Can a reality warper bend the laws of reality to stop the telepath...Any character from any universe can be used to support your argument...

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By cattlebattle

Well it depends who is the faster draw...like you said

I guess being a reality warper can just change whatever they want, they could stop time and then could just make turn the telepath into a lawn chair

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Roddy010
@cattlebattle: True...But both powers work at the speed of thought so the same an be said  about telepath smashing their mind with a psi-bolt or just shutting their mind completely...
cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cattlebattle
@Roddy010 said:
@cattlebattle: True...But both powers work at the speed of thought so the same an be said  about telepath smashing their mind with a psi-bolt or just shutting their mind completely...
Yeah but as I said, couldn't the RW just freeze time, or make a duplicate of themselves while getting mind fried, than the duplicate just banishes them from existence, I mean with Warping...the possibilities are limitless
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By difficlus

Depends on who acts first. 

GuruOfFunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By GuruOfFunk

My money's on reality warp.
YouFinished

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By YouFinished

it really all depends on who's the telepath and who's the reality warper.

CosmosTyrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By CosmosTyrant
Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jezer

I mean, there's no reason to assume that one of them would be faster than the other - if we aren't using specific characters. 

If they both acted at the same time, the reality warper can do more damage with his thought than the telepath. 

So, assuming they got off an attack at the same time, the reality warper takes the telepath out of existence - while the telepath shuts down his mind. 
If the reality warper recovers, or has enough conscious power to do anything, he can simply undo what the telepath did to him. 

The telepath can't undo being erased from the reality.
Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It depends on who gets the first blow. If the telepath was smart, they would attack the reality warper remotely, rather than walk up to them and try to attack or announce themselves. That would be suicidal. A telepath of sufficient strength could easily create an astral projection that would enable them to force the warper into unconsciousness.

Boobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Boobster

I always had an idea in mind (just my thoughts, nothing more) that reality warping is pretty much a very strong illusion that makes everyone think something is changing.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Boobster: According to the comics, though, they are two very different powers. Mastermind's illusion casting psychic power is very different from Jamie Braddock's, in that the illusion is only in the mind whereas the reality alteration actually can create things out of nothing. Scarlet Witch's powers literally alter reality via probability so when she makes something happen, it's not in the mind, it's real.
Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jezer

You know what would be cool - if the telepath  had prep, 
and he used his powers to mindcontrol the reality warper(before he could act) into warping reality to give him reality warping powers. 

:D

tron_bonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By tron_bonne

"I always had an idea in mind (just my thoughts, nothing more) that reality warping is pretty much a very strong illusion that makes everyone think something is changing. "

It's called power of Perception.

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By difficlus
@tron_bonne said:
"I always had an idea in mind (just my thoughts, nothing more) that reality warping is pretty much a very strong illusion that makes everyone think something is changing. "

o_O
jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jojjimbo

Reality Warper.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By Killemall

Whoever is faster. a powerful telepath should be able to mind rape a reality warper if he/she is faster.. Else a reality warper would quite simply warp the reality such that the said person does not have telepathic powers anymore. 

@Roddy010: Obviously if u include reality warpers that cant be mind raped like erm Eternity, or those celestial than reality warpers by a long long way! 

IF i have to put my money on, i'd say telepath, to warp reality u need to concentrate and u cannot concentrate when someone is trying to have sex with ur brains! =)

tron_bonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By tron_bonne
@difficlus said:
@tron_bonne said:

o_O
Huh? 0_0
Jacksper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IMO Reality Warping would be the superior power in overall power

@cattlebattle: Yeah but as I said, couldn't the RW just freeze time, or make a duplicate of themselves while getting mind fried, than the duplicate just banishes them from existence, I mean with Warping...the possibilities are limitless

So in raw power RW wins over TP in that sense. However I do think that Reality warping does require more creativity and more focus and therefore is generally slower to manifest than Telepathy would be. Ergo - IT would take a higher leveled Reality Warper to match the speed of a lower level Telepath.

Then there is the fact that reality warping is more about creativeness (as I said before) and thus you actually have to think things through as you warp it, while telepathy is more like Turn off his brain or shut down the area of the brain which his powers are manifested in. Reality warping would be like Shift this into that, that into this and then distribute them (even if it is done subconsciously while thinking, it still requires more concentration).

Another affect is that RW has the potential to backfire

@jezer: I mean, there's no reason to assume that one of them would be faster than the other - if we aren't using specific characters.

If they both acted at the same time, the reality warper can do more damage with his thought than the telepath.

So, assuming they got off an attack at the same time, the reality warper takes the telepath out of existence - while the telepath shuts down his mind.

If the reality warper recovers, or has enough conscious power to do anything, he can simply undo what the telepath did to him.

The telepath can't undo being erased from the reality.

If one were to simply say Erase people instead of Erase person than they could erase themselves (Although it may not be likely, the extra thought process may be enough to give the Telepath the advantage.)

A telepath would probably have the advantage at range and a warper would probably have the advantage up close

@phoenixofthetides: It depends on who gets the first blow. If the telepath was smart, they would attack the reality warper remotely, rather than walk up to them and try to attack or announce themselves. That would be suicidal. A telepath of sufficient strength could easily create an astral projection that would enable them to force the warper into unconsciousness.

Then there is also training, speed of thought and overall strength in particular power. Some "telepaths" are limited in their ability to simple thought suggestion or mind control but don't have access to other powers within telepathy.

Same with reality warpers, some may only be able to warp certain objects, or certain people (eg. Themselves) and thus their powers are ineffective against anyone or anything else.

Overall the power battle would probably be very close, and the winner could either completely obliterate the loser or just barely defeat the runner up. Depends on who, where or when the battle took place and who's writing the story.

This is all just my oppinion though, no need to spread it around.

Equonox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whoever is faster. a powerful telepath should be able to mind rape a reality warper if he/she is faster.. Else a reality warper would quite simply warp the reality such that the said person does not have telepathic powers anymore.

@Roddy010

: Obviously if u include reality warpers that cant be mind raped like erm Eternity, or those celestial than reality warpers by a long long way!

IF i have to put my money on, i'd say telepath, to warp reality u need to concentrate and u cannot concentrate when someone is trying to have sex with ur brains! =)

My thoughts exactly.

The answer certainly varies on a case-by-case basis, depending on characters and context, but from what I can tell the average reality warper requires more effort and focus to warp reality than the average telepath does to invade and alter someone's mind. Not that a telepath doesn't also need a degree of focus, but certainly less. I think this is likely due to how often one uses their powers; reality warpers typically don't exercise their powers willy nilly as the ramifications can be enormous. However, almost all telepaths in comics are CONSTANTLY reading others thoughts, even if passively. Not only does this mean they use their powers more often, but it also means that they are likely more prepared to act and use their powers more aggressively in any given situation. Thus, when using the "quick draw" comparison, the telepath would basically have two advantages of a) regularly going to a shooting range every day to practice (constant probing) and b) already having the gun drawn and pointed (already in their opponent's mind). So, on average I'd say telepath wins, but it's VERY context-specific.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

majinmike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reality warped stops time then warps telepath out of exisistence

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By green_skaar

Depends. Some reality warpers can do it passively, like Franklin Richards, so his mind might defend itself even if he can't react faster than the telepath.

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reality Warping is stronger. By the argument of who's the faster draw, a normal bloke with a gun could beat a reality warper if he was faster on the draw. Doesn't mean he's stronger, or has the better 'power.'

Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends. Some reality warpers can do it passively, like Franklin Richards, so his mind might defend itself even if he can't react faster than the telepath.

Avatar image for deactivated-6075a1bde175a
deactivated-6075a1bde175a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've always wondered who would win between a reality warper and a telepath...Could the telepath shut their mind down before they an form a thought? Or Can a reality warper bend the laws of reality to stop the telepath...Any character from any universe can be used to support your argument...

Telepaths think faster than non-telepaths, so maybe a telepath could beat a reality warper

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy2010 said:

I've always wondered who would win between a reality warper and a telepath...Could the telepath shut their mind down before they an form a thought? Or Can a reality warper bend the laws of reality to stop the telepath...Any character from any universe can be used to support your argument...

Telepaths think faster than non-telepaths, so maybe a telepath could beat a reality warper

Based on what?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@candymandy3366 said:
@roddy2010 said:

Based on what?

Comics

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@candymandy3366: Those same comics show telepaths also getting tagged by non-telepaths.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@candymandy3366: Those same comics show telepaths also getting tagged by non-telepaths.

Yea, telepaths are inconsistent sometimes

imquentin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reality warping basically means anything. A reality warper should be able to make him/herself a telepath, super durable, strong, intangible etc.

ProudHater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Couldn't a reality warper just make his or her self immune to telepathic attacks?

junker134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

......Well Depends whos more competent, but Reality warpers can either make Her/Himself immune to Telepathy. while telepaths can only hope that the reality warper is stupid.

Cognitive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on the scenario. This is why powers vs powers is stupid.

Josh983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reality Warping >>>>>>>>>

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reality warping basically means anything. A reality warper should be able to make him/herself a telepath, super durable, strong, intangible etc.

True, but telepathy is more than a raw power based ability. There is a lot of skill and experience going into it. Any well-trained telepath won’t be deterred by a reality warper giving themselves telepathy when the reality warper doesn’t know the fundamentals of it.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Couldn't a reality warper just make his or her self immune to telepathic attacks?

......Well Depends whos more competent, but Reality warpers can either make Her/Himself immune to Telepathy. while telepaths can only hope that the reality warper is stupid.

If they can, I haven’t really seen it. There isn’t really such a thing as immunities for telepaths, unless you are literal non-living thing.

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reality warping

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They would need prep time

Well it depends on what type of fight this is. The telepath beats the reality warper in a random encounter, with prep the reality warper stomps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:
@proudhater said:

@junker134 said:

If they can, I haven’t really seen it. There isn'treally such a thing as immunities for telepaths, unless you are literal non-living thing.

A mental shield blocks mental manipulation too.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:
@proudhater said:

@junker134 said:

If they can, I haven’t really seen it. There isn'treally such a thing as immunities for telepaths, unless you are literal non-living thing.

A mental shield blocks mental manipulation too.

Blocks it, yes, but that is dependent on willpower and/or raw power.

Avatar image for deactivated-60f8a948a0372
deactivated-60f8a948a0372

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on who draws first.

Knutcracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most large scale reality warping requires focus and imagination...

When Xavier was restraining Scarlet Witch in early House of M he was able to disrupt her reality a couple times

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: what about phantomex?

You mean Fantomex? He has good psychic defenses, but it’s not a complete immunity. He still has to exercise his control or have E.V.A bump up the defense. Otherwise, a telepath can find a way in if they know where to look.

hotlog4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well it depends who is the faster draw...like you said

I guess being a reality warper can just change whatever they want, they could stop time and then could just make turn the telepath into a lawn chair

Josh983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe large reality warping requires greater focus, skill, and imagination, something that Wanda has.

But a reality warper doesn't need that much speed or energy to defeat a telepath.

imquentin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@josh983 said:

Maybe large reality warping requires greater focus, skill, and imagination, something that Wanda has.

But a reality warper doesn't need that much speed or energy to defeat a telepath.

Reality warping basically surpasses any other superpower by any means. I've always seen it as the greatest abstract of existence. Like Infinity stones, someone with reality warping powers can provide him/herself any functional power of other 5 stones (resurrection four soul, teleportation for space, telepathy for mind etc.). It's just too overpowered.

Especially Wanda. Marvel tries so hard with her, using her powers as plot device, makes her fight even MODOK with her hexes when she can literally end him by thinking of it. They have always restricted her by using "mental instability" or "power inconsistency" to avoid her potential of ending most of battles they've been to.

I'm just waiting for MCU to use her as a plot device to mess with multiverse with her reality warping powers and then make her fight with the likes of Ultron robots with difficulty, because it would be ridiculous for her to end the battle as soon as it starts. Sadly.