Rapid Advancement RPG Scenario: The Rising Regime (Sign Ups Closed)

• 112 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95
deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@manaman: I think it will be a natural progression. Nothing you can choose though. For example, right now you can wipe out a 40-foot wave, but later on, I would allow you to wipe out larger waves if I feel that your character would have gotten stronger (you don't need better scans, it's an unwritten thing). Also, you there is a chance to obtain gear.

ManaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manaman said:

@major_hellstrom: Ah okay. How would that work if two players got into a fight?

As much as possible that won't happen, cause you're on the same side. But if it does, the ultimate decision of what each action would do, goes to me. So you can say that you blast if you say you breathe fire at Primz0ne for example and he claims he dodges, I would decide whether or not he gets tagged and how badly it would hurt if he does.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 emperorthanos-  Moderator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OldKaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Btw, it some of you had small elements of your bio based on the opener posted in the OP. But since your are second batch, your opener will be different (major things haven cuanged, your all still rebels). It will go like this

It was midnight when the attack happened, nothing was out of the ordinary, same drills, same petty mission. Everything was the same as every other day, there nothing even hinting at what was to come. But then again, they always did say that the worst that things happen are unexpected.

After the men had ate and retreated back into their camps, you walked to the Central, a place at the center of your camp, where the heads of the River wood division of the Ironwood Rebels convened every other night for usual checks and balances, after all, you were no ordinary rebel, you were a member of the Alpha Squad, a famed group of rebels that had supernatural abilities, while you haven’t been here long, as a group you were so effective that the Ironwood guys tried to create their own version of the Alpha Squad.

The meeting was mundane like usual, you didn’t have any big missions this week so there wasn’t much to discuss. It was pretty tiring to talk after a day’s worth of drills and practice, so after the meeting you headed straight for your tent to immediately fall asleep.

However, as you close your eyes and lose yourself to sleep, you hear a massive *thud* from outside. At first you think nothing of it, you were tired and it likely was just an animal or a soldier who had too much to drink. But then you heard something else, screaming.

Immediately you felt urgency and looked outside your tent to see three figures, on the left, a man in all black clothing levitating off the ground, on the right, an armoured man with bright red eyes wielding a mighty ax. And at the center, none other than the King of Rigel Stal himself, it was dark but there was no msitakkng him, his image was planted throughout the Kingdom. He seemed to be wearing bright golden armour making him 10 feet tall, you weren’t sure but if you had to guess, you would guess that it was Detiam armour. The men were already starting to attack, they wereb ill equipped but they fought like rabid dogs without fear. The Captain of your camp then stepped out in full armour and commanded everyone to arise and fight. Instantly, dozens of men start to attack the three men, but their efforts were for not. They were slaughtered and tossed aside like mere ants. Even your fellow Alpha Squad members, whose powers lit the sky couldn’t manage to even scratch the heartless King. The Captain saw the hopelessness in the situation, seeing this he commanded the remaining members of the Aloha Squad to fall back into the messager’s cabin to warn your brothers in Ironwood of what is to come.

Drawing his own sword he commanded “Go! I will hold them back until my last breath.” he then turned to his men “Run if you will. Fight if you will. There is no dishonour this day. It was a pleasure to be your captain.” He said my loudly enough for all to hear without losing any seriousness in his voice, he then charged at the mad King with a courageous shout. He parried the King’s first blow and fought him with a furry.

You and the others didn’t wait to see what happened next, though you may have wanted to fight you knew what needed to be done, so you sprinted towards the messager’s cabin.

There were 18 members of Alpha Squad, each with their own abilities and respectable strength. But as you locked yourselves inside the cabin you only saw 9 others. You knew what this meant, but you did not allow your heart to flutter as you focused on your task. Though your mind raced and struggled to write a cohesive sentence, you tried your best to help write the most comprehensive report you could before quickly sending it through a messenger bird.

Your jobs were done. Now you were seemingly given a choice, a choice to go back to fight or to run and hide. But before you could even make your decision, you hear the smashing of wood as a golden hammer bursts through the cabin’s doors. That was your last memory.

The next morning, you woke up to the feeling of light slaps to your face. Your body felt broken and your mind felt numb, the light from the sun hurt your eyes as you tried to open them. At first your mind was blank, as you lay in the wooden rubble in your weakened state. But then you started to remember, a flood of memories came back to you, instantly you sat up with a jolt of adrenaline. Your heart started to race as you thought about what had happened.

“Shhh!” someone says calming you down. “It’s going to be alright. I know your pain, but it’s alright now.” She says. You calm down and survey the area around you, and you see the same girl waking your compatriots, you start to recognise her, she was a powerful ally of the Ironwood rebels who was staying at River wood camp that night.

“It’s time to get up.” She says offering a hand. After grabbing her hand and wincing through the pain you find that you are still able to stand, albeit your legs wobble. The woman whose name elluded your numb mind, then called back all her clones back into herself. “I’m so sorry I wasn’t there to help last night.” She says earnestly. “I’m sure you’re all hurting, and I’m sorry I wasn’t there to help.” she continued. “When I arrived at camp, I saw that everyone was already dead. Even Captain Jonas.” She says with sadness in her voice. “But when I thought I was alone, I heard something. The King and his huntsmen were talking to each other, about the Mountain Emerald.” she pauses. “They said that when crushed the Emerald would active the powers of hundreds of thousands of infants whose powers lay dormant, increasing the amount of gifted people that will appear in the next generation by 10x. And the King plans to kidnaps them in droves.” the girl says with real concern in her voice. “If that happened, it wouldn’t just be the armour that made him unstoppable. I know you’re all hurt and not ready to fight, but we have to do something. I can’t fight him alone.” She begs.

(What do you do next?)

Avatar image for ifdcruledtheworld
IfDCRuledTheWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@major_hellstrom

Richard Hunter

No Caption Provided

The highlands breed men hard as the rock beneath them and as ruthless as cold steel. In these outer highlands the strong prey on the weak. There was a time when the kingdom would protect the settlers, whose hunters and tradesmen provided them with the pelts and furs, but that time was long since passed. The settlers were left defenceless against the Mountain-Folk who came, slaughtered and pillaged their villages. Richard was only ten when his settlement was ravaged, the Mountain-Folk had never strayed so far out but when they came they came in force. Richards father, James Hunter, was butchered, along with the rest of the men, he and his mother survived to be captured by the Mountain-Folk and sold amongst the tribes. His mother didn't make the perilous journey.

Richard was sold to be slave to the chief of a small clan. Others were sold with him. Settlers are tough but not like the Mountain Men; cold, disease and dumb-fucking-luck killed most of them. Richard survived. By seventeen he stood short of six foot and well-built from a life of hard labour. After weeks of planning he stormed the Chieftains Keep armed with a sparring sword - that a younger slave had been whipped for stealing - and challenged the Chieftain. Under no obligation to accept the Chieftain did anyway out of pride and fear of being seen a coward. They fought then and there. The Chieftain armoured and armed with a sword and shield and Richard with nothing but a blade with no edge. Their battle was brutal but miraculously it was the slave-boy that drove the Chieftains sword through his own throat.

The Mountain-Folk follow strength and strength alone. Enticed by the promise of a prosperous warriors life, Richard left the highlands with ten of the hardest men in the kingdoms - most of whom were sons, one a daughter, of older clansmen - at his back.

Richard and his band of Mountain Men roamed the kingdoms thieving and killing when they saw fit until they began to sell their services as mercenaries. Eventually, offering to assist in the rebellion effort.

Build

• Body: Jack The Ripper (Luthor Strode)
  • Powers: Composite Deathstroke skillset, Composite Batman skillset
  • Gear: Sword, axe and throwing daggers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for ifdcruledtheworld
IfDCRuledTheWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@major_hellstrom: is our story gonna be on a separate thread or on the same one as batch one?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giliad_: You can jump in if you want to though, batch 2 just started

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giliad_: Do you mind becoming an Ironwood mercenary? Unlike the others who joined the rebel army, you would just be a mercenary who frequently gets hired by them.

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giliad_: I thought so. I'll introduce your character to batch 1.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's closed.