• 97 results
#51 Posted by cpt_nice (9462 posts) - - Show Bio

@morleericks:

Nice try, but I get Vine notifications in my mailbox and the image spoilers show up in there ;)

#52 Posted by LJ_RKT (206 posts) - - Show Bio

Moody should be higher i guess his rep is pretty high as an auror, the death eaters went after moody first(harry's escapade from his house in book7) as they considered him to be the strongest of the group and that group consisted of lupin and you have ranked lupin higher than moody.

#53 Posted by GIliad_ (5787 posts) - - Show Bio

Very respectable list, Personally I'd rank Severus up higher but that's just down to interpretation

#54 Posted by Van_Cere (3068 posts) - - Show Bio

Dumbledore was severely out of his prime in the book, while Voldemort was at his best seeing as how when Dumbledore was in his prime (1945, he defeated Grindlewald), Voldemort wasn't even feared, and was asking for a job at Hogwarts. So if you factor out the elder wand, Voldemort should be much more powerful than current D seeing as his curse on the ring was slowly killing Dumbledore even with the elder wand, and although Dumbledore had the upper hand (trying to protect harry and fight two people at the same time, shows just how powerful he and the elder wand is) Voldemort was stalemating him.

So IMO, prime Dumbledore is as far above Voldemort as extremely old Dumbledore with elder wand is above V. This shows the vague power of the elder wand.

#55 Posted by cpt_nice (9462 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump, added Delphini

#56 Posted by cpt_nice (9462 posts) - - Show Bio

Not gonna add all the character from The Cursed Child to the list. I just want to mention I do think Harry in TCH is very comfortably high tier, probably even near the top.

#57 Edited by ANTHP2000 (11916 posts) - - Show Bio

@cpt_nice: I can't judge where Harry should be since I have yet to read the Cursed Child, however Delphini is pretty much a more advanced and stronger version of Bellatrix, so she's been placed correctly.

#58 Posted by cpt_nice (9462 posts) - - Show Bio

@cpt_nice:Deplphini is pretty much a more advanced and stronger version of Bellatrix

Basically, she is like a combo of Bellatrix'es ruthlessness and duelling prowess with Snape's pure magical talent. She is basically a Bellatrix+ or a (female) Voldemort Light

#59 Posted by ANTHP2000 (11916 posts) - - Show Bio

@cpt_nice said:
@anthp2000 said:

@cpt_nice:Deplphini is pretty much a more advanced and stronger version of Bellatrix

Basically, she is like a combo of Bellatrix'es ruthlessness and duelling prowess with Snape's pure magical talent. She is basically a Bellatrix+ or a (female) Voldemort Light

Haha, yeah. Seems like it.

#60 Edited by Goltop (51 posts) - - Show Bio

TOP TIER: Dumbledore, Grindenwald, Tom M. Riddle

HIGH TIER a): Bellatrix, McGonagall, Moody, Kingsley, Dolohov,Amelia Bones, Flitwick, possibly Snape, marauders (except Peter), maybe Slughorn and madam Maxime

HIGH TIER b): most aurors (includng Tonks), some hit wizards

SOLID TIER: maybe Harry, Hermione, Draco (book 7), other law enforcement personnel, Wormtail, then D.A. members

MEDIOCRE TIER: most ppl

SUB-MEDIOCRE TIER

#61 Posted by HighAccuser (9698 posts) - - Show Bio
@goltop said:

HIGH TIER a): Bellatrix, McGonagall, Moody, Kingsley, Dolohov, Flitwick, possibly Snape, marauders (except Peter), maybe Slughorn and madam Maxime

SOLID TIER: maybe Harry, Hermione, Draco (book 7), other law enforcement personnel, Wormtail, then D.A. members

SUB-MEDIOCRE TIER

Snape would def be high tier. Hes one of the best duelists and brightest wizards there was in HP.

#62 Posted by Leo-343 (30909 posts) - - Show Bio

@goltop said:

HIGH TIER a): Bellatrix, McGonagall, Moody, Kingsley, Dolohov, Flitwick, possibly Snape, marauders (except Peter), maybe Slughorn and madam Maxime

SUB-MEDIOCRE TIER

Snape would def be high tier. Hes one of the best duelists and brightest wizards there was in HP.

lel feats to back this up?

#63 Posted by Goltop (51 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerevarine_11:

@goltop said:

SUB-MEDIOCRE TIER

He truly was one of brightest wizard, but duelling-wise he was prob on par with James, Sirius and Remus (or slightly higher) but there is little proof that he should be any better than those I mentioned before him. Unfortunately he was not in many duels, so it's uncertain.

Avatar image for deathwingterminatort1000
#64 Posted by DeathWingTerminatorT1000 (416 posts) - - Show Bio

Gilderoy Lockhart should clearly be in the top tier, jeez

#65 Posted by DarthFallax (1354 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I´m just gonna bump this lol.

S+

Albus Dumbledore

S

Lord Voldemort

Gellert Grindelwald

A+

Delphini Riddle

Bellatrix Lestrange

A

Minerva McGonagall

Severus Snape

Filius Flitwick

Amelia Bones

Sirius Black

Antonin Dolohov

A-

James Potter (?)

Lily Potter (?)

Kingsley Shacklebolt

Horace Slughorn

Alastor ''Mad-Eye'' Moody

Remus Lupin

B+

Yaxley

Harry Potter

Hermione Granger

barty crouch Jr.

Thorfinn Rowle

Augustus Rookwood

Draco Malfoy

#66 Posted by ANTHP2000 (11916 posts) - - Show Bio
#67 Posted by thesithmaster (2257 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthfallax:

Pretty OK, aside from this:

Amelia is definitely higher than Bellatrix. She put up a good fight against Voldemort himself- McGonagall, Shacklebolt and Slughorn were all defeated by Voldemort. And I'd hesitate to put Bellatrix above Snape, who stomped Harry while holding back, and McGonagall, who edged Snape- though he was holding back.

#68 Posted by ANTHP2000 (11916 posts) - - Show Bio

@thesithmaster: Bellatrix stomped Kinglsey, Tonks and killed Sirius in 1 battle and right after that she blocked Albus' spell. She is superior to any of the proffesors.

#69 Posted by Bacchus (111 posts) - - Show Bio

There are two types of people in this world

1. People who pay attention to the dueling feats in Harry Potter
  2. People who think Snape is above Bellatrix
#70 Posted by Stefano (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

Dumbledore > Grindelwald >> Voldemort

#71 Edited by LordOfTheLight (2098 posts) - - Show Bio

There is nothing restricting Snape to below Bellatrix. Beating Moody, or Kingsley is well within the former's capabilities.

Bellatrix and Sirius dueled for a lengthy amount of time, which she only won because he turned arrogant in the midst of a duel, lol.

Snape>Bellatrix.

#72 Posted by ANTHP2000 (11916 posts) - - Show Bio

@bacchus said:

#73 Posted by RBT (18587 posts) - - Show Bio

I mostly agree with general top tier ranking in this thread. Auror Harry and Ron should be pretty high up as well, though nowhere close to the likes of Dumbledore or Grindelwald.

#74 Posted by LordOfTheLight (2098 posts) - - Show Bio

Bellatrix>Snape is not what I'd call "paying attention", lol.

#75 Posted by ANTHP2000 (11916 posts) - - Show Bio

Regarding Molly, I think we can safely agree she is not Bellatrix level, but Rowling mentioned that she is a gifted dueller and a powerful witch, plus she was in the order. I'd have her between Snape/McGonagall/Flitwick and Sirius based on what we know. With Kingsley being below Sirius.

#76 Posted by DarthFallax (1354 posts) - - Show Bio
#77 Posted by cpt_nice (9462 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthfallax: I agree with that list except Kingsley's ranking. He could beat anyone in A rank except mayne Dolohov and Amelia Bones. He has arguably the best feats out of any Order member

#78 Posted by cpt_nice (9462 posts) - - Show Bio
#79 Posted by DarthFallax (1354 posts) - - Show Bio

@cpt_nice: I mean, he has better feats than McGonagall & Snape, and is better than Sirius, but I can't see him beating Filius, tbh. But yeah, Kingsley is possibly A.

#80 Posted by MICKEY-MOUSE (34908 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Me
  • Voldermort(Cause that's my homie)
  • Dumbledork
  • Grindelwald

HUGE GAP

Everyone else.

#81 Posted by ANTHP2000 (11916 posts) - - Show Bio

@cpt_nice: I mean, he has better feats than McGonagall & Snape, and is better than Sirius, but I can't see him beating Filius, tbh. But yeah, Kingsley is possibly A.

Does he? What feats do you guys think make him more impressive?

I personally think Dolohov was more impressive too and Flitwick defninitely was. Amelia might as well get on A+ depending on how you interpret that statement about her death in the hands of you know who. Sirius honestly did a better job against Bellatrix than Kingsley, at least based on how I saw it, but I might be wrong. Still, he sould be on the same tier as all of them definitely.

#82 Edited by cpt_nice (9462 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthp2000: Kingsley beat two unnamed death eaters in a 2 vs 1 and then proceeded to move on to Bellatrix.

He was able to defeat three death eaters while on broom.

And he got ambushed by what was implied to be a sizeable group of death eaters and he bruteforced his way out of that situation with no serious injury.

I find that very impressive.

#83 Edited by DarthFallax (1354 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthp2000: Yeah, Filius is without a doubt more impressive imo, and Dolohov beats him in a good fight. Amelia is vague, but still > Kingsley imo, and I need to reread the fight in the MoM.

As for Snape / McGonagall, Kingsley has a better raw dueling feats, but I'd still rank the professors above him, based on their magical feats, and the impression Harry got from their battle.

Also, I'd need to add Molly, though I'm not sure if she's A or a high A- lol

edit: Basially, I rank Snape > Kingsley, but ai won't necessarily argue it.

#84 Posted by cpt_nice (9462 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthp2000: Also, single showings are usually worse than multiple ones. Yaxley stalemated Flitwick while Dolohov lost to Flitwick. That does not mean Yaxley > Dolohov

#85 Posted by DarthFallax (1354 posts) - - Show Bio

@cpt_nice: "Death Eaters everywhere Harry looked: Yaxley, close to the front doors, in combat with Flitwick, a masked Death Eater duelling Kingsley right beside them."

This isn't suggesting that Yaxley was = Filius, only that they fought.

#86 Posted by ANTHP2000 (11916 posts) - - Show Bio

@cpt_nice said:

@anthp2000: Kingsley beat two unnamed death eaters in a 2 vs 1 and then proceeded to move on to Bellatrix.

He was able to defeat three death eaters while on broom.

And he got ambushed by what was implied to be a sizeable group of death eaters and he bruteforced his way out of that situation with no serious injury.

I find that very impressive.

I actually don't remember this one a lot, do you happen to have the quote?

I do find him extremely impressive too, definitely on A tier, but I still think a few of these people are more impressive.

Minerva and Severus moved faster than EoS Harry could imagine (heck Snape blitzed Harry in HBP) and they're more skilled wizards than any of them, Filius defeated Dolohoc, Amelia likely held her own against Voldie and Dolohov was doing well against what's a 3 Death Eaters or so level group while fatigued. I don't exactly remember how long Sirius was fighting with Bellatrix, so I might as well have Kingsley above him.

@cpt_nice said:

@anthp2000: Also, single showings are usually worse than multiple ones. Yaxley stalemated Flitwick while Dolohov lost to Flitwick. That does not mean Yaxley > Dolohov

With Dolohov and Flitwick, we don't exactly know the context of the fight, and I also vaguely remember Yaxley duelling Flitwick, so I have no credibility on that atm lol

@anthp2000:

Also, I'd need to add Molly, though I'm not sure if she's A or a high A- lol

Honestly, by Rowling's statement and implication she should be at least on Kinglsey's level imo, but it's debatable.

#87 Posted by DarthFallax (1354 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthp2000: I assume it's this

"Now they’ve put a Taboo on it, anyone who says it is trackable, quick and easy way to find they Order members! They nearly got Kingsley.” “You’re kidding?” “Yeah, a bunch of Death Eaters cornered him, Bill said, but he fought his way out. He’s on the run now, just like us.”

And yeah, Molly is great, but I dunno how great.

#88 Posted by ANTHP2000 (11916 posts) - - Show Bio

"Now they’ve put a Taboo on it, anyone who says it is trackable, quick and easy way to find they Order members! They nearly got Kingsley.” “You’re kidding?” “Yeah, a bunch of Death Eaters cornered him, Bill said, but he fought his way out. He’s on the run now, just like us.”

Ah right, did he defeat them tho, or did he just escape?

#89 Edited by cpt_nice (9462 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthp2000:

Now they’ve put a Taboo on it, anyone who says it is trackable, quick and easy way to find they Order members! They nearly got Kingsley.” “You’re kidding?” “Yeah, a bunch of Death Eaters cornered him, Bill said, but he fought his way out. He’s on the run now, just like us.”

This

I do find him extremely impressive too, definitely on A tier, but I still think a few of these people are more impressive.

Like who?

Minerva and Severus moved faster than EoS Harry could imagine (heck Snape blitzed Harry in HBP)

You know as well as I do that speed is not the only factor in dueling. Also, Harry never actually saw Kingsley duel, except against Voldemort.

Filius defeated Dolohoc, Amelia likely held her own against Voldie and Dolohov was doing well against what's a 3 Death Eaters or so level group while fatigued.

I already mentioned Dolhov and Amelia being likely above Kingsley, although I find it debatable. Flitwick maybe on account of defeating Dolohov but that was at a point where the death eaters were literally swarmed.

I also dont think book 5 Harry and Neville were death eater level. Hermoine maybe.

I don't exactly remember how long Sirius was fighting with Bellatrix, so I might as well have Kingsley above him.

The books are vague like that.

#90 Edited by cpt_nice (9462 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthp2000 said:
@darthfallax said:

Fighting a way out implies at the very least he had to incapacitate them to get away.

#91 Posted by DarthFallax (1354 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthp2000: Even if he just fled, I can't recall many wizards fighting multiple skilled wizards at once (well, there are the obvious ones like Tom, Bella and Delphini, but they are the best).

#92 Posted by ANTHP2000 (11916 posts) - - Show Bio

@cpt_nice:

Like who?

Based on you arguments, I do change my mind on Amelia, Flitwick, Severus and Minerva being the only ones above him out of the group (and of course on the same tier as him) right now. The feat you brought up is probably more impressive than anything Dolohov's done himself, and Sirius wasn't exceptional as good as he was it seems.

You know as well as I do that speed is not the only factor in dueling. Also, Harry never actually saw Kingsley duel, except against Voldemort.

There's also magical ability, in which we can agree they're clearly superior in, I think choreography is very notable and they both showed incredible versatality in their duel. And there's also power, that I can't argue against, but it's not like Kingsley has many "power" showings to really put him above them, does he? I don't think there's much more to it than that.

He didn't, but I'm not saying they're faster, I'm saying they're at least as fast. Keeping up with numerous opponents at once is impressive, but so are these statements, coming from someone like Harry. It's not like we're gonna give him the benefit of the doubt just cause Harry didn't make a statement for his speed while they were duelling in the ministry or something.

I also dont think book 5 Harry and Neville were death eater level. Hermoine maybe.

That's true, I prolly agree here.

#93 Posted by MorbusGrav (438 posts) - - Show Bio

@bacchus said:

#94 Posted by ANTHP2000 (11916 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthp2000: Even if he just fled, I can't recall many wizards fighting multiple skilled wizards at once (well, there are the obvious ones like Tom, Bella and Delphini, but they are the best).

I really doubt random death eaters are that skilled however/

@cpt_nice said:
@anthp2000 said:
@darthfallax said:

Fighting a way out implies at the very least he had to incapacitate them to get away.

Fair enough.

#95 Posted by cpt_nice (9462 posts) - - Show Bio

I really doubt random death eaters are that skilled however/

Well not compared to top tiers, but seeing as how likely 90% of the wizarding population cannot even produce a shield charm and even Lucius Malfoy was able to deflect a spell from Bellatrix, they should comfortably be much above the general population, like aurors.

#96 Posted by ANTHP2000 (11916 posts) - - Show Bio

@cpt_nice: Yeah, they're above 5th years that's for sure, which makes feats against groups of them impressive. Wasn't it snatchers that apprehended the main trio in the DH?

#97 Posted by cpt_nice (9462 posts) - - Show Bio

@cpt_nice: Wasn't it snatchers that apprehended the main trio in the DH?

Yeah, they were.

#98 Posted by DarthFallax (1354 posts) - - Show Bio

@cpt_nice: When did Lucius blocked a spell from Bella?

I only remember him fighting either Minerva or Remus.

#99 Edited by cpt_nice (9462 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthfallax:

“Did you know he’s a half-blood too?” said Harry recklessly. Hermione gave a little moan in his ear. “Voldemort? Yeah, his mother was a witch but his dad was a Muggle — or has he been telling you lot he’s pureblood?” “STUPEF —” “NO!” A jet of red light had shot from the end of Bellatrix Lestrange’s wand, but Malfoy had deflected it. His spell caused hers to hit the shelf a foot to the left of Harry and several of the glass orbs there shattered.

#100 Posted by geekryan (1220 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with OP's rankings